Would you date someone with a disability?

it’s ok baby doll, we still have each other :happy-bouncyshadowgreen:

are you gay or bisexual?

I’m nano-sexual!

You’re a funny bastard.

I’m not a bastard :frowning:

EDIT: nevermind I am

Would you break up with your partner if they aquired a disability?

same answer as before, are they still a good lay?

Mixed signals at best, since you never asked for my address, lol.

Which part of them is disabled…?

ZOMG - Arc, are you saying black people are disabled…? :astonished:

I said ‘hell no!’ but I would consider dating a deaf or blind person… as I don’t consider them disabled in the physically-aesthetic sense.

one bothersome trait the blind have is that they often seem like they aren’t paying attention, but that’s because they can’t make eye contact

There are many other forms of contact, though.

:laughing: I see that the nasty gypsy man is back. :stuck_out_tongue: Good to read you.

But to answer your question - I might say that considering where they have come from and arisen from, African Americans are probably a lot less disabled than you and me - or the rest of us Caucasions, Tab.

Happy Holidays to you, Tab, and to your wife and those two gorgeous children - or have you made another one? :mrgreen:

:laughing: Well, I wouldn’t actually give you a cigar. Those things stink worse than do cigarettes.
Aside from that, after thinking about it, what you meant isn’t necessarily such a negative though you more than inferred that. Perhaps someone who is capable of answering with an unequivocal “yes” is someone who is able to totally see past another’s disability. It isn’t that they do not see it nor understand it, but just that they are secure within their self and capable of rising above any discomfort or bias (if those feelings even exist for them). Some people are simply really warm, friendly and loving and if they find that the other person is attractive and interesting, well then, why couldn’t they date them!

And the question wasn’t would you marry someone with a disability - it was only would you date someone with a disability. Dating is not a promise of everylasting love or relationship.

And as far as you making stupid mistakes, I think that if you gave yourself permission to make stupid mistakes, accepted that humanness within yourself and maybe even revelled in it a bit, :stuck_out_tongue: knowing that it makes you human, you might just not hate when others make those same stupid mistakes.

And it really wasn’t a stupid mistake - maybe just an oversight. Big deal.

yeah but I know I can’t talk well while receiving

Blindness is not a disability. Blindness is a strength. But the answer to your question is yes, I would date somebody with a disability.

tell that to the blind person who has to try to do relatively normal tasks with a greater effort

Listen, Blindness is only a strength if you can cut melons in midair or count the number of highway cracks you’ve traveled over when kidnapped and taken in the back of a van… or if your Zatoichi. However, I suspect she’s not a trained, blind samurai seeking to dispense blind justice to the wicked… she probably jabs her face into branches in the neighborhood when strolling around, and has fun with cobwebs stringed across of her face in the basement.

I have a disability I am very short sighted, would I date myself, maybe if I put out on the first date. :wink:

Unfortunately, old age has a very special way of rendering everyone disabled.