What are you doing? (Part 1)

We’ll need an actual context, of course.

So, what do you say, shall we take this table with its legs to the philosophy board?

Its 5am and I don’t have any milk, fuck sake. No cuppa tea. I’m going insane with this lockdown!

Blimey hell, what a load of codswallop. Worried about a cuppa tea are ya? Better a dog’s bollocks he ought to be worried about, eh Tommy?

(to be read in Jason Statham)

Iambiguous I feel your pain but no one is interested anymore in hypotheticals.

The age of that is over.

People from hereon out will be less concerned with theoretical stuff than with directives and objectives, and of all intellectual treasures, method is now the highest esteemed.

So to bring this to Earth; (for others if Iambig will divert): is Dasein a method?

Because if its not, we’re fucked.

Again, let’s take this out of a “social media” thread and reconfigure it into an exchange on the philosophy board.

There, given not just a hypothetical context, you can note actual experiences that you have had in regard to the manner in which you construe “I” at the existential juncture that is identity, value judgments and political economy.

My own understanding of dasein – considerably more than just a “method” – is encompassed on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529

And then fleshed out with respect to the actual life that I have lived [anything but just hypothetically] on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

You, of course, can choose your own set of behaviors in your own context.

Oh I know! Such a shock! How dare I have a sense of self and hold my comforts up in my own life. What a scum bag dog I am. I should be worried about starving dying kids in Africa, scratch that , I mean all the diseased boomers dropping into cemetery, such a tragic loss. Shame shame on me for being so inconsiderate. Fucking narcissistic twat I am, I got to be watching the news 247!! How dare I think about myself.

last summer a lot of flies were around and most of em died, because I learned I could kill them with the same mechanics of setting up an egg straight on its tip. I killed every fly that bothered me at one point, and I think many will consider that godlike powers. A whole breaking bad episode was spent on it even. Anyway now, there aren’t much flies yet, I brought one in accidentally this afternoon, and now it was buzzing around but I didn’t have the urge to kill it. I just rapped Tupac to it. Aint no mercy motherfucker who can face the thugs? And now hes gone.

Unfortunately that post^^ has about the same impact on real world affairs as any other post you’ve written. Feel free to pointlessly invest a large amount of your time here though.

Damn and I was thinking you may be sort of cool for attempting the piano.

Alright have it your way. You can have this place.

Take care prom/smears

When you have to play a Pandeiro like a drum kit over that blues riff I did earlier, it’ll sound like this. Really the context in which these two instruments are made to cooperate becomes difficult for a tambourine unless it is played loudly… which you can’t do over a quiet little blues progression. So you have to play it quietly and try to get a few different tones on the drum head. Hence it sounding like a pair of bongos or pad drums.

vocaroo.com/ain8iiARPxu

Nice try. But that’s still no match for the one that started it all:

You know, if I do say so myself. :sunglasses:

You have to keep the mind fresh.

Because like your time and energy will be wasted on old thoughts rather than new creativity.

You are Smears?

I can hardly believe that.

Im on the roof watching the reruns of James Bond and eating fruits wrapped in pancakes and watching two guys below me in the street fight while keeping 1.5 m distance.

Im, Im, Im, doing, stuff, Im Im real busy. Im watching Ozark and composing blues songs. Im meditating on the cosmic vagina. Im wondering where the funk Pezer is atm. Im corresponding with a girl who likes to play power games but is pretty enough to keep me interested. Im inside my lab stamping rhymes on black papyrus.

Note to Mr. Reasonable aka Smears:

Are you going to allow this rank amateur to sully the extraordinary accomplishment encompassed in the OP?!

No one has come even close to you in an effort to reconfigure ILP from a respectable philosophical venue into just another manifestation of social media.

And here I am speaking for no less than Tyler Durden himself!

Very good Iambigious.

Been out in the garden gardening, since after dinner at 3… just some planting of plants and light weeding, but it’s shaping up nicely and becoming the urban jungle I’ve always aimed for it to be.

Will do.