Gone Muse

Emotional bonds are like finely woven strains of Golden Fleece, fragile, ,brittle like angel’s hair on a long ago fern, hiding the many many colors which oh so gently hid all the night terrors up ahead.

Indeed, Ierrellus is a fortunate man.

Irrellus, you may be thinking, what does he know of my travails, I would like to clear it up: I see You lucky specifically to be supportive and inspiring to him with your Muse.
The last thing of support my friend was able to give to his son, was an edition of ‘Lonely Traveler’. Thereafter he took off, on a very unpredictable and unforeseen tangent.

One Liner, Thanks for confirming my feelings about Irrellus.

Ierrellus is an inspirational individual and so confirmation is effortless.

And perhaps, are You, who picked up on it.

Not sure I agree with that but thanks for putting it out there.

Before arriving, my son had to spend years doing my vices. I just pray that he’s over that for good. I wasn’t the best example as a father. I have two daughters who prefer not to know me.

Habits of mind and heart are incredibly hard to change but the inspirational person is the one who struggles to change (not the person who has already changed).

I believe my son has come to believe that the sins of the fathers are something to overcome.
I have two daughters. One is trans; the other thinks trans is a sin. Sticking up for the former, I lost the latter. But the former sees only wealth as proof of success. So, I lost her, too.

All those who come after us suffer the consequences of our shortcomings (sins) more than we do but they also experience the benefits of our virtues more than we do.

One can hope so.

Now how does one figure out in an overall debt ,whether sin can be apportioned? For surely, the father has a portion, then his father a portion, amd then the father’s fathers father, and down the line toward even the very beginning. If it’s figured this way, would not the debt of the latest father be minimal and forgivably insignificant?

I am glad I inherited the debts and credits of my mother and father as they have given me something to work on and something to work with.

This type of effect, that you are describing of merely having just enough baggage to enable you to give you impetus to get things going is within normal limits of having to deal with them

But what to do when it starts to snowball and take off on its own accord? What if the baggage , the debt appears to become an unforgiving debt, where you actually have to be able to pray for the sins of omission/commission of others?

Usually when others have made the distinction anamolous?

You work on any given situation with what you have (you cannot work on it with what you don’t have).

I gave my children my addictions to tobacco and alcohol. Fortunately, both son and daughter have risen above this. But both had to spend time flirting with my addictions.
Not knowing what it might have cost you,
I was myself and so I lost you.
Child, who had to live my sins,
There must be ways to make amends.
Forgive my sins without repeating them.

Alcoholism has been an addiction in men in my family going way back, where by now i concede to a genetic weakness by some sort of change in the D N A structure, so that only a few drinks are needed to assure it.

It takes a village to raise a child and our village cintinues to do so despite the demise of the genetically based extended family (the family has changed).

Certainly you mean that metaphorically since villages are no longer viable, since national boundariea are melting now.