Black People Mentally Lower

So I was right? High five!

(I didn’t think I was gonna get away with that one)

I think you guys are mixing units in some weird ways there. Environment being 30% responsible does NOT necessarily mean “the environment could add or take away 30 IQ points”. In fact it almost certainly isn’t the case. That’s a hell of a lot of IQ points. A change of 30 IQ points would change a person of average intelligence into someone droolingly retarded.

Not trying to undermine the fact that environment plays a role. Just making sure we’re all aware that 30% =/= 30 IQ points, and so isn’t necessarily “the difference between average and genius”

… decided to delete (fun at the expense of those with mental infirmities is in poor taste).

What are your thoughts a product of?

The kinds of lies people will tell themselves to avoid facing the obvious truth. Environment responsible for 30% of the IQ?
So the nurture of a single generation of humans, 50-100 years, is 30%, while the past 1000s of years of nurturing and interaction with environment, is 70%. Something is numerically off here, sounds like a self-defeating argument.

And what is your definition of a racist?
Am I racist for identify with those who are more identical to me?
Is a lion a speciesist for not treating zebras the same way it treats its own kind?

One can have thoughts without thinking about them… meditators do it all the time… think about it :wink:

Thoughts derive from mind, and evolve into thinking, so I guess I was in self-preservation mode.

I’m not talking about thinking about thoughts, but thinking itself, which produces thoughts, and yes, thoughts which can further be thinked about.
Thoughts derive from mind? How so? Is mind something static, or does it involve a process of thinking, from which thoughts come about?

I guess it’s easier to just play word-games and then probably end it with ‘Let’s agree to disagree’ than admit you’ve made a (accidental or not) mistake in reasoning.

I didn’t realise you knew how my mind worked Arb/Satyr… thoughts arise in mind, then I either think about them or no… thoughts being innate drivers for survival, which we then think about/mull over and take action on or no.

Moot conjecture, so duly ignored. Your basic tactics don’t work here, so please don’t bother use it again as it only makes me bored.

You need to study more to learn how to close a debate better, which is why you always resort to insults, or perhaps you have reached your limitations and simply cannot :confusion-shrug:

So now I am Satyr? Will I be banned next on the presumption that I am Satyr, even though you can check my IP address and conclude that unless Satyr flies from one continent to another daily, I am not him?
Where did I use an insult against you?
Or even called this a debate?
I have reached my limitations… I can never become a 160 IP genius like mr reasonable, or an almost-MENSA genius like you. I just do not have what it takes.

Many allow him to sock puppet their accounts, and that is a banable offence!

Not yet.

You made it into one, not I.

No, you don’t! but you could if you tried :wink:

Maybe it’s time I retook my test, where I got top 4% in just over half the allocated time… imagine what I could achieve with the other (lost) just under half time :wink:

I posted about this situation many years ago, so to recap… son… dying… cancer… thoughts… elsewhere… unfocused… mind… otherwise engaged in more pressing thoughts, until I snapped to and got with the (mensa test) programme.

I am trying to show how environmental changes can change many aspects of the human psyche… this is not about me, but about that.

Let’s keep it general folks.

Obviously …

If only is was the result of mere psychology or cultural bias.
If only…

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qcj8d-nIW8[/youtube]

Racist Dogs: Why Do Some Dogs Seem Not To Like Dark Skinned People?

huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/0 … 21153.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hABfS-H1xmE[/youtube]

Yes, when something is dark in one’s visual field it is more difficult to discriminate and identify parts. Those unknown parts remain mysterious and we interpret this as a possible threat and danger to us. This effect is an atavism that is neurologically hardwired. Darkness is mysterious, concealing, suspicious. We instinctually want to stay away from it.

May be. Another possible explanation is that since whites domesticated dogs, dogs are more used to whites. I do not remember hearing of negroes domesticating dogs, but I may be wrong here - feel free to correct me.

Anyway, I think that racism is more rooted in biological predispositions - since negros are more genetically dissimilar to me than whites, I will identify with them to a lower extent. I think that’s the core of what is called “racism”, not the fact that negroes are dark. I think my statement is supported by the fact that every species prefers its own kind. If the primary reason for racism was that negroes are dark, then even negroes wouldn’t like negroes, and black nationalism would be impossible.

…and sorry, I don’t watch any videos with black narrators that have religious vernacular in the title, because I’m not going to listen to any bullshit about noble egyptians chosen by god to destroy the white devil, yada yada yada.

Unless… you are Clayton Bigsby.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqUA-vRcwRM[/youtube]

“Where there is an exception, there ceases to be the rule”- Immanual Kant

I think American racism is rooted in our socioeconomic history (slavery, Jim Crow, etc.). Not saying all racism can be traced to socioeconomic circumstances in the same way (perhaps phenotypical differences do account for some percentage of racism globally), but racism in America is in its own category.

Looks like it was taken out of a comedy show.

It may be easy for me, being a white male, to accept that it is white males who have, generally, been the most capable ones in the world. 90%+ of important inventors, scientists, philosophers, artists etc. etc. throughout history were white males. White European males had the superior technology, organization and cooperation skills with which they easily conquered the primitive natives of other continents. I understand how some blacks have a hard time coming to terms with facts like that, so they make up ridiculous stories and excuses - it’s a survival mechanism to emotionally cope with the harsh truth.

Imagine how it must feel to be black, and on top of that, a woman? A category of people who achieved next to nothing in history, not that black males fared much better.

naiv8y, and what is socioeconomic history, slavery, rooted in? Biology, precisely, human biology.
You’re trying to explain what is natural in terms of human constructs, ideals, instead of the other way around - explaining the ideal by finding its basis in nature.
Nature has existed for billions of years without humans, it is the human constructs that are the artifices which arise within nature, not the other way around.

Just to make it clear, since it can be very confusing for Americans - I am not an American, and I am not a religious person. I do not think within your Republican-Democrat dichotomy, or care about it. I do not identify with, nor am I willing to defend inbred rednecks just because we may share one common belief, that of acknowledging the differences between races (which the uneducated, fanatical rednecks often overemphasize too).

Pray tell where, when, and how this technology arose?

The rest is whites bestowing whites with labels of grandeur… awesome :smiley:

The above doesn’t mean that I hold blacks, Asians, Indians, or any other ethnicity in higher esteem… because I do not, as humans do what they gotta do to get by.