KillDevilHill

Who, besides peter Kropotkin is here that posted on killdevilhill back in the day? There used to be some here - Impenitent, Yopele, sangrain.

Does anyone know where the fuck sangrain is?

Does anyone remember anyone else from there?

Seriously, where the fuck IS Sangrain? I miss that guy :frowning:

Jakob and I, of course. WL, sporadically. Jonquil. Satyr.

Oh, of course. Satyr had a different handleā€¦I really am getting old. Was jonquil, jonquil?

Havenā€™t seen WL in a while.

Anyway, I knew there was more than I was accounting for.

I would love to find Raphael again. Anywhere.

Satyr, jonquil, and WL all had different handles. I prefer not to disclose any of them, though.

Aw, cā€™mon. I know WLā€™s and Satyrā€™s, by the way. If people think Satyr is a pistol now, they should have seen him then. Odd how I consider him an old friend, while he despises everything about my very being.

Jonquil? Who were you? Do I have to guess?

Iā€™m sure I wonā€™t.

Ah, killdevilhill. wasted many an hour doing battle with Raphael. My wife once accuse me of cheating on
her because I spent so many hours online there. In some weird masochistic way, I miss that place. I will
give it credit because I was forced to become a better thinker because of it. Due to work and writing my
book, I doubt I shall ever have that much time again to while away the hours.

Kropotkin

Good times.

agreed

Kropotkin

Forgot all about your olā€™ buddy, fellow Mainer, omar.

Speaking of Raphael, he is of course nowhere to be seen, but we do have Bob from the olā€™ days, who used to give the olā€™ fundamentalist a run for his money.

Omar, of course.

sonnen - Raphā€™s number? You know Raph? Raph was a rock star, back in the day at kdh.

Hello Omar,
Hello Faust
Sauwelios, you seem to know a lot about KDH, though I donā€™t remember you.
At any rate, Iā€™m feeling nostalgic today, so if any of the old crowd are around, hello and well met.

We had some good times back then, I hope these are good times for you now.

That thing I said about Satyr, jonquil, and WL also applies to myself. I do remember you, though I donā€™t think we were ever particularly close (not even as adversaries).

Hereā€™s something I salvaged from a discussion between Raphael and another user. They were having a discussion on Alexander, around the time the Oliver Stone movie came out. Raphael was arguing that, because Alexander was a malakos (homosexual), he could not slip through Christā€™s narrow gateā€¦

" ā€˜Malakosā€™ means first a soft grassy meadow then by application soft and gentle and finally around the time the bible was being written in Koine (common) Greek it was being used in a pejorative sense to refer to the weak soft effeminate men. Well so much for blessed are the meek. Wait a second wasnā€™t Christ kind of a Malakos? He was after all much like a soft and grassy meadow, a place for his flock to lie down in green pastures, metaphorically that is.
Christ was not a Greek, Paul was not a Greek, none of the apostles were Greeks. They spoke Koine Greek which is a bastard form of Attic Greek spoken by the peoples conquered by Alexander, who was by no means a Malakos in his own language. Alexander the first over the wall, Alexander the great was not soft and effeminate and even less like a meadow. Alexander was more like a battle field strewn with the rotting corpses of the weak and meek defeated. Contrasted with the green pastures of Christ the difference is clear." (Collingsworth, ā€œRe: Words and deedsā€.)

Welcome to ILP.

Faust was just being mean. :frowning:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETVOd4tcvis[/youtube]

deleted

Ahh yeah.
There we go!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEnuanyRKII[/youtube]

:smiley:

What would you like me to tell you, Jakob?

I posted, but it lacked a certain Philotimo.

Hope to repost soon. Be patient. :slight_smile:

K: having read and appreciate your posts for yearsā€¦ I am sure
anything your write has a certain Philotimo (whatever the hell that means)
I wait patiently for your repostā€¦

Kropotkin