felix dakat

I can’t tell if it’s excessive trolling or felix dakat just doesn’t have the necessary skills for basic conversation. Either way i must suggest for the common good of all, to have him removed from moderation along with Only_Humean as both of them are moderators with nonexistant critical thinking skills, and therefore gets everything wrong.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=180589&p=2353266#p2353254

Is that what you’d call trolling?

It’s certainly not philosophy in any way, you should be able to see that.

Ironic. There was nothing more than general conversation in the thread. Any “philosophy” discussed was purely an accident. You should be able to see that. All the posters expressed their opinions and nothing more - including you. That there were several who disagreed with you is no reason to whine and play the troll card. If you can’t deal with disagreement, don’t play.

goddamn it Drusus we talked about this. NO more wine before 2pm!

I don’t think Felix was trolling; it looks more like the OP wasn’t specific enough about the question, leaving room for you to make one assumption about it and Felix to make another. This is actually an intersting disagreement in philosophy of language: is the meaning of a statement determined by the speaker, by the listener, by some aggregate of all listeners, possibly including the speaker? Felix seems to think (or think the OP was interested in) the speaker, while you and Daybreak seem to think (or think the OP was interested in) one of the other three.

Philosophical bedrock, my friends.

Yes, turn your blind eyes to it.

However, Only_Humean is incompetent. this site has sufferd long enough with him.

Why not just start your own philosophy forum dude?

ever wonder if maybe you’re the problem?

Careful! He might think you’re trying to un-invite him and complain… Wait… that’s all he does when met with disagreement… You’re good.

Fuck me, running. Is this yet another thread complaining about mods?

Really?

Seriously?

Truly?

Ironically no it’s more about the users than the mods. Truly, deeply, madly.

Has anyone ever been fucked whilst running though?

Well, I suppose I’m partly responsible here.

However, I do think I can shed some light, unlike the mod-presence in this thread (laughable).

Specifically, if you read that thread from start to finish (gasp), you will see that the OP’s stupid question is answered pretty early-on (in my opinion by Felix, no less).

Then, in my view, a new sub-topic was created, in which we began to discuss if it matters what the intent of the authors was - you know, in general terms.

My first post on that - the new question - was the post beginning with: “I don’t know that it matters what the intent was. At least not practically. Not anymore. What matters is what effect the book is having in the world today.”

See the context?

Then, my response to Felix’s point (which was made after the post just mentioned) was also an elaboration upon that new, secondary topic, not the OP. Why would I still be talking about the OP at that point? Read the fucking thread.

So, “Go read the OP” seemed a little out of place, in my view, yes. (Sorry to disagree, Magsj; sure as shit looked like a troll to me.) I think it was Felix who wasn’t following the discussion anymore at that point, and if you look at his/her last few posts in that thread, they’re almost all re-directing people to the OP, when clearly the thread stopped being explicitly about the OP about halfway down the first page.

Cheers.

…and that a troll makes? and I don’t mind being disagreed with at all Daybreak, so don’t worry about hurting my feelings none :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=180272&p=2354148#p2354142

I feel honored to be recommended for ouster in the company of Only_Humean.

I think some kind of more telling example will need to be provided to show he has no critical thinking skills. Probably something that is not primarily questions. As far as i can tell both Felix and Only Humean have existant critical thinking skills.

That’s a bit unfair, although I have no critical thinking skills personally, flitting from one rooftop to another like a deranged thief, I am plenty sure that some people do. :wink:

I think some people take forums a little too seriously and judge people a little too quickly, I am and have been guilty of that, for example I think all moderators are cocks unless they agree with me. :smiley:

It’s a pun on Only by the way.

It is established beyond reasonable doubt that Only_Humean doesn’t have the slightest ability to critically think in this thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=180168

Tragicly there are many more examples not listed, as it would have no purpose as those already provided should be sufficient.

I think we could probably go through all your posts on threads and produce one or two examples where you were guilty of a lack of critical thinking, then say that those provided are sufficient. I think reputations aren’t built on scant information. There are of course many more examples of you being a bit of a divot, but I wont provide them as the ones I didn’t give are self evidently true. This is a terrible lack of critical thinking, to make that case you need to have done your homework and make sure bad logic is much more prevalent than good logic.