The terms "white" and "white people" are racist

This clown is just trolling. Ignore it.

What I’m saying is that people are first individuals and are second members of real groups. One real group is one’s genetic race. “Race” is purely a genetic category. American isn’t a race, neither is Muslim a race. “English” or “German” are races because they mean a specific genetic sub-group of shared genetic features within the larger genetic group of the species “homo sapiens”.

Race is far down on the list of what matters about a person, but it is on that list. As I’ve said, we don’t really know yet how much of who and what we are can be designated to genetic factors that class into a racial sub-group. Until more research is done on that we won’t know, and that kind of research isn’t PC so I doubt it’s going to happen in any big way.

And as another user here was pointing out, groups we choose are also very important. There’s no way to say how much more or less than unchosen groups like race, but it’s all significant. A person is defined in part by all of these factors: individual genetic uniqueness, shared genetic features with one’s racial sub-groups, shared genetic features with the larger genetic species group, and probably most significantly by the life experiences, learning, and cultural heritage that we inherit from our larger society and family, friends etc.

The one thing that is certainly not on the list is “whiteness”. There is no such thing. Your skin tone isn’t a meaningful marker for classification, because skin tone is only one small factor among hundreds of others that in fact reduce to A) racial genetic sub-group and B) genetic species group. Also there are individual variations even within racial sub-groups with regard to skin pigmentation.

Racist idiots like Is_Y might as well classify people by “brownness” of their hair or eye color. Or by the size of your nose, or by height. All of such features are to a degree codable to racial sub-groups of genetic phenotypes, but again it’s just one feature among many, and also that feature is itself mutable anyway not to mention also insignificant with respect to who and what a person really is.

Can you imagine a stupider way to judge something like a self-conscious living being than the degree of pigmentation in its skin? I can’t.

What these racist idiots really mean with their use of the label “white” (and isn’t it funny that so-called white supremacists share this in common with multicultural globalist lefties, this need to label with whiteness or blackness?) is to identify European descendant people, namely people whose lineage traces to a various European nationality or more likely a combinion of such nationalities… but these idiots aren’t able to be that honest to just say that, nor does it serve their ideological purposes therefore they simply use “white” as an oversimplifying generic universal category for whatever pet pathological delusions they happen to be suffering from.

In terms of America: America is a society and culture founded by various European peoples, and represents both a combintion of those European national heritages as well as novel contributions to a uniquely American culture. There is no “American race”, but it would also be a mistake to use this fact, as the multicultural lefties like to do, to pretend that America doesn’t have its own cultural, societal or ethnic heritages. It does have these, they derive from those taken from the European nation-races who founded America, and as I said have changed over time to create a uniquely American culture and heritage, but one that isn’t “racial” unless you want to define “race” as inclusive of all various European races, in which case you’re not talking about a racial group anymore but a meta-racial group.

And again, race is far from the most important thing about an individual, or about what America is and represents. Race matters a little bit, for some people it matters more since their identity and who they are is tied more significantly into their particular race; but regardless of that there is no “white race” just as there is no “black race”, and using race as a primary form of classification is just stupid.

Which is why right-wing white supremacists and left-wing multicultural liberals are both equally idiotic.

Well, racial or genetic pigmentation is a part of cultural and national (tribal) identity. As superfluous as that might be that’s how it works. That’s how cultural and national (tribal) identity works.

There are variations of skin pigmentation in races however. A Scandinavian and Mediterranean person obviously are not going to have the same pigmentation in most cases even though both are white(caucasian).

It’s one small part, the most salient, therefore the most useful to idiots who want the easiest possible way to label people as either in-group or out-group.

I understand what you’re saying but in order to understand culture aesthetically we must understand that appearances are everything. :wink:

Appearances are everything in identity or identification.

Race is not real?
Race is a social construct?

No no, no dude, I don’t say race is a social construct because this meme has already been torn to shreds.
I say essentially the same as every other liberal shitlib but I don’t use the phrase ‘race is a social construct’.
No, no, bro, I use words like genetics and sub-groups and all that to say race is pretty much meaningless.
Look, look, I don’t say race is absolutely meaningless, just very much meaningless.
Totally different, bro.
Ignore that troll, he’s insane. INNNNSSSSAAAAAANNNNNEEE!!!

But Wyld is correct, I don’t take him seriously.
That’s trolling then I guess…
Have to take everybody seriously, no matter how easily they are refuted and ridiculed.
Darn…

I’ll reiterate here, race is half epigenetic (evolutionary) and half social construct. It’s both. I don’t understand this whole it’s either one or the other where it can’t be both kind of argument.

This is the same problem with the nature versus nurture argument.

Yes it is both, of course. You can’t really separate genetics from environment, since each influences the other.

However I use the word “race” in the strict biological genetic sense, and I reserve words like ethnicity or culture or nationality to encompass the broader picture that you allude to. If you’re using the word “race” to mean the broader picture then that’s fine, it’s just not the way I’m using it.

Language policing - rejected.

I remember when being racist meant hating another race. Now you pretty much can’t tie your shoes without some Nancy yelling ‘RACIST’

…That is, unless the person tying their shoes isn’t white.

Would be nice to see the moderators here do some actual… moderating.

You know, “draining the swamp”. Ha.

I won’t hold my breath.

Why would heritage to a politically-defined border that continually changes be more real than the color of somebody’s skin, which is biologically determined? A person isn’t white because they are French, there was a white race long before there was a thing called “France”, and France has changed shape and size several times from it’s inception until now.

Well, the inevitable consequence of this is that being racist isn’t actually that bad at all, so who cares? If a person can be racist merely because they said a word or referred to a group you don’t want to hear about, well- fuck it. Let’s all be racist. It’s not like it actually implies anything negative anymore.

In other words, labels only work to imply condemnation when you don’t change their definition every week, and when the definition actually only includes bad things. When you work this fucking hard to find an excuse to call everybody who disagrees with you about anything a ‘racist’, than the definition of ‘racist’ becomes ‘anybody who disagrees with Wyld’, and loses any negative connotation.

People already do that. The consequence isn’t always that your targets get flustered and angry and self-reflective. At least, not any more. Increasingly, the consequence is that they laugh at you, think you’re an SJW dipshit, and vote for whatever candidate/party is as far away from your ideals as they can get.

So yes, please keep on coming up with new reasons to call everybody racist. France, Germany, and Italy still be a bit more of a push to go right-nationalist.

I thought French were black.

If so, my statement would still technically be correct!

The left doesn’t want people to get self-respect, values, or a sense of community from anything other than the State. That’s it. Literally everything that gives a human a sense of belonging that isn’t State controlled- Religion, family, race, class, sex, etc.- a leftist will always want to destroy them, generally by re-defining them until they don’t mean anything in particular. It’s not new or surprising.

The world is evil.

Maybe this is a surprize to Uccisore …

What the left tried with government is to impose rationality to the system instead of only rewarding predators .

That’s what government is to the left.

Is Hillary an example of this??

Fuck no!!

What did she EVER do to earn 200 million dollars!?!?!?

What did Trump do to earn whatever the fuck he has???

At least people like Steve Jobs did something!!

A contribution.

Add a little more substance to your vitriol, please!

Precisely.

Quoted again for the salience of the point.

Makes sense.

If you are born black then you are 50% black and 50% whatever the environment you are born into wants you to be. So it’s possible for a black couple to give birth to a black baby that will, given enough white nurturing, grow into a half-black half-white individual – something like mulatto.

But not even this is true.

There are cases in which babies that are born 100% black turn into 100% white men without any kind of white nurturing.

Like Michael Jackson.

So everything is possible. You just have to believe.

Yeah well, I kinda ran out of motivation for attacks.
Also it’s Christmas…

Couldn’t bring myself to read page two, figured it would be the same as one and three.
The average person does not give a crap about political correctness. You are black, white and then it gets to nationalities or general breed, Latin or Hispanic, Asian, middle eastern.
That is here in the USA. Funny thing, damn near every middle class to lower class does this no matter color of skin or heritage. Wait til you hear two old ladies that look like sweet proper grandmothers, one Asian , one black , going at each other with racial slurs. There was humor to watching it. They end up walking away muttering at each other. The government and educated can try to change social habits.They can only try. They would have to make public laws and change a bunch of costly text books in schools.