What's for dinner?

Dinner tonight: cheese tray, NY strip, (rare), with whipped potatoes and blue corn polenta, tiramisu, water, old fashioneds.

The rest. (Booze in background of tiramisu)

A nice spread MrR, but I’d have to have my steak cooked through a little more than that… and no polenta, tiramisu or cheese tray for me, so that just leaves the main and the booze :neutral_face:

Nothing wrong with just meat and booze. And I must say, maybe I’m half vampire or something, but I could eat that almost raw if they’d let me. Its like when its really raw, it has almost an iron taste to it, like some cold carpaccio, but when it gets to temp for just a second, it knocks off that flavor and the blood is more sweet than bitter. I’m not a chef, just my experience. Usually if you ask for it rare, they bring it medium rare out of fear of having to re-fire it.

This was at a place in a new hotel that just went up not far from here. Grand Bohemian, Mountain Brook. Google it if you want. The hotel is actually really nice, and you can get this food on a 3rd floor balcony overlooking some botanical gardens and shit.

Wait, you can’t have the cheese and the apple slices? That stuff is totally natural.

I wanna say that little cup of orange looking stuff was some kind of fruit/pepper chutney. Too spicy for me. Habitat Feed and Social is the name of the place. Never been before today, just got hungry, stopped the car and googled “restaurants”.

I got 4 more comped pork chop dinners from that other place. I think Sunday after next I’m just gonna gather a group of friends and order them all at once and just get stupid in there and run up a massive bar tab since all the food is free.

You’d like a place here called, “real and rosemary”. Almost everything there is vegan and or gluten free. Local farm stuff, and nothing over 12 bucks. Went there twice in the last month or so and both times the food looks just like what you cook.

Check it out.

That’s raw. Might as well take a bite out of it while it’s alive:

Must be some American nonsense:

Things are very different where I live (which is 99% white btw, for now). First of all, most people almost never go to restaurants as it’s too expensive and we can prepare equally good food at home. Second, red/raw in the meat = NOT a good thing. Third, we have schnitzels, not steaks.

Funny, when I google searched “pig” for the picture above, this popped up:

miamiherald.com/news/local/c … 03792.html

It’s always the niggers…

You posted a pic of a pig, but that’s beef in my pic. You can’t eat pork without cooking it all the way through because pigs are gross and eat their own shit. Beef only needs to be seared to kill germs on the outside because its dense and germs don’t get inside. You can bring it to 165 internal temp, briefly, to kill any germs in there if it makes you feel better. Ground beef should be cooked to 165 internal temp regardless, because the inside was once the outside, before it was ground, and so it can be full of germs. But whole cuts…you eat them rare. Also, I doubt you can cook that well at home. And if your people are so superior, then why don’t they have money to go out and eat?

You don’t eat sushi? Or ceviche? Or carpaccio? Or tartare of any kind?

Yes, that does sound like what I cook :laughing:

I have been working on my dairy cravings a lot lately (even though I gave in and treated my gut to some speciality cheeses last year) and I can confidently say that I now have a firm grasp over it. 8-[ …and yeah, apples are off the menu for me too.

I have had steak tartare and rare steak before, but seeing too much red is just too much… the searing on it looks perfect though… and belies its red interior.

Hot on the outside, cold in the middle. Like a bloody roast beef sandwich from a negligent street vendor.

Anthony Bourdain said it best, “if there’s not a 50/50 chance of getting diarrhea, you’re not eating right”.

I’m not a scientist, but I think that’s a good reason to drink some booze with every meal. Let the alcohol mingle in your stomach and maybe take out a germ or 2 just in case.

An early (mixed shish n salad, with plenty of chilli sauce) dinner:

Soup’s on: Chicken and cheddar potato and broccoli cream. Two dry, cheddar soup mixes (trying it out/only requires water) to which I’m adding cream, red potatoes, chicken chunks, onions, and more sharp cheddar. If they’re not bad, may re-purchase for emergency rations.

Steaks, seasoned french fries, and something vegetablish, the pretense of health being in sight. :-k

Had this the other day. Ribeye on top of some mac and cheese and potatoes. Not too bad. For whatever reason they decides to mix bleu cheese in with the potatoes. I didn’t like that much so I didn’t finish them.

Then last night I had this prime rib, again with mac and cheese and potatoes. The potatoes were better than the other place, so was the mac and cheese, and so was the cut of meat. I’ve been feeling the urge to eat a bunch of carbs lately. Need…more…energy…