What are you doing? (Part 1)

Serbianlessons2.jpg

Inherited this “how to.” All of my Serbian speaking folks have passed and they spoke it in an English mix. There are some Canadian Serb relations. Where oh where are the local Serbs with whom I can practice?

I have cousins who were born and live in Sacramento. That’s where American Serbs live. Think of Divac and Stojakovic.

But you’re in Wyoming, aren’t you?

Rockets - Spurs
126 - 99

Wow

Not in Wyoming. Vuksanovichs originally, but many immigrants shortened their names back in the early 1900’s.

Basketball? Jesus man.

Yeah.

Then you must be in Iowa.

That would be Vuksanović. From “vuk” meaning wolf. I don’t know anyone with that surname.

It’s strange when immigrants anglicize their names.

Basketball is like, the blackest sport of all. I figured that you would be too white to want to watch.

vuk= wolf. Interesting. I tried to Google the meaning of the surname, but nothing came back. Thanks for helping out.

So the immigrants changed the vic to a vich? Why?

Probably out of fear or shame because they were war criminals.

War criminals? Google says it was done to assimilate with their new homelands.

Have I started doing true philosophy yet or am I just discussing other people’s crazy ideas in relation to my own completely sane view of everything? :-"

If you’re a war criminal, changing your name is a good step in the direction of assimilating into your new homeland. Like the Nazis in Argentina.

Right now, I’m finishing up mincing a bunch or garlic and ginger. I’ve sliced a red pepper, and I’ve sauteed some sliced carrots in butter and brown sugar. I chopped up 2lbs of chicken breast, and that’s soaking in soy sauce in the fridge. Now I’m about to start reducing some coconut milk and chopping some fresh basil and cilantro so that I can throw that shit in with some green curry paste to put with the chicken. Got some jasmine rice in a pot just waiting for water, which will then be brought to a boil. Gotta put a little fish oil in the curry sauce, Then throw all this shit together. I’m on my 2nd beer. Gonna open the saki once my friend gets here. Never done curry before. We’ll see how it turns out.

My apartment smells like a Thai restaurant, so that’s a good sign. And I remembered not to rub my eyes with all this deadly ginger and shit on my hands. So that’s good.

Philosophy and politics are distinct entities. Very few people can ever really understand that. Interconnectedness of the 2 doesn’t mean shit. If it did, then everything would be everything. Logic doesn’t back any given political view, it just tells us whether arguments and or descriptions are consistent. When you realize that any argumentative form can be equally employed to defend opposite positions, you’ll be getting closer.

Like the above post…it can be argued against, but only by someone who’s willing to sink down to the level of silly word games. Like, “is everything something? Is something everything? Is nothing a thing?”, and so on. That’s not philosophy either. It’s people who are missing the point and trying to participate as a coping mechanism for their lack of aptitude. I’ve seen it a million times.

Have you ever sat in a group of people and had them go back and fourth debating whether monism or dualism is true? And I don’t mean the mind body problem, but regarding everything there is? It’s a whole lot of nonsense. The thing is, neither can be proven true, yet neither can be proven false, but they are mutually exclusive positions when taken from the view that one can’t coincide with the other. There’s a lot to learn from those kinds of talks, but not that one side is right and the other wrong.

Another thing people have trouble with is understanding that things are/happen/exist/are valued, etc…in degrees. A claim of certainty about an issue being black and white is a very tough claim to back.

Humor Mr, where did your sense of it go? I’m definitely not ready to play around with the opposing positions I do not hold yet. Yes, degrees of hypocrisy are becoming more evident the longer I participate.

Your dinner sounds amazing. Anything with coconut milk…yum. I hope it turns out well.

I don’t think my Great Grandfather was a part of any wars but 1913 was the start of WWI. I believe he came over right around the turn of the century.

Best kept secrets ever…war crimes. Of course your grandpa wouldn’t tell you about them.

My sense of what?

Hypocrisy is a universal truth about everyone in some instance of another. Show me a person who has, without fail, always acted in accordance with a given set of principles. Calling someone a hypocrite is the same as calling them a human being. Its an attribute of everyone, so it doesn’t make sense to single someone out because of it.