The Philosophers

Thanatos.

Every Greek word, I have found actually that every single one, is deserving of a philosophical treatise. Is itself one. Or not, because a philosophical treatise is already too awkward, too deceitful.

Lol, Greek philosophical treatises were truly words after words.

Until Sopenco.

But you know how I feel about him. About Plato. I’m actually proud of Plato. To be the first to go inwards from Greek. I attribute the horror that followed to the weakness of the reception, to the weakness of the men that received it. Which Plato became.

I should live in the Pyrenees

He was memetized (like, to be fair, the rest of Greek before him was), so that men like promethean memetize him and don’t even realize. People don’t know man. What creative really means.

Yes a good Greek name is a story which forms a character.

Rhetoric, had a whoooooole different meaning.

Language, thought, myth. Myth myth, religion like. What religion is a shadow of. Was there ever really a separation? Until it occured to Plzzate?

Magic is a silly word, next to such…

We can’t blame it all on Plate. zootyzoot makes an actual point regarding the getting fat. There was sillyness already, which Socratful made himself the carnival king of. “Follow me!”

But that is precisely the morality, or the foundation of it - the narcissism. I very much question if any depths were broken.
I don’t say that lightly, as it is the whole of the Christian age that is being called superficial - that true depth was only broken with our friend the master himself and with the soonish later appearing Freud, who integrated the complexes of patriarchal guilt with the simplicity of tragic fate, which finally united the spirit of man with the underground rivers of his ancient existence.

Hmmm. Methinxnt so. It all happened during a three decade long war against Sparta. So I doubt that there was much need or true opportunity for decadence, and it seems to me like Socrates was a very great burden on a civilization which might even, come to think of this all, not have collapsed if it didn’t have to take his bad conscience on itself and kill him.

He tried something. Without knowing what it was gonna be. Like Freud too.

When he gave the cave allegory, he was really actually wondering what was outside the cave. Whether the cave is real or not is less important to me. Though it was important to the fate of the world.

It was ballsy, it was a ballsy move.

I think Plato was far more of a loner than you give him credit for. I think for him Socratrable was just a challenge.

He was an intrusive scarecrow. A postmodernist, a terrorist. Plato was his apologist.

Well as usual principle commands I defer to your superior valuing of him as implying a more intimate understanding (one which I may reject but which nonetheless pertains to Plato) and wont argue. Someone who doesn’t value x can never convince the one who values x to drop that valuing. As the valuing is the being.

I know that that is also true.

But I won’t stand for what he did. I cant stand for what he did and at the same time do what I do; I am runic - I don’t metaphorize myself. I don’t imagine there is an outside fundamentally different from an inside unless there is confusion. Everybody knew doubt, Odysseus surely had doubts. But that isn’t what carries the story, that isn’t the content itself. How vain to introduce doubt as a virtue in the middle of a war. Isn’t Homer a much more vital expression of uncertainty, doubt, relativity, human limits and questions? I never learned anything from Plato.

Your problem is that you are actually a Greek. I never supposed I could actually bear that pain, or that honor. They had their religion, and they are my religion.

And yet every single phrase in Homer teaches a thing about truth. None of it is in there merely to push along some narrative. It is of course a text that has been honed over centuries before Homeros made the definitive compilation. “The old mythical language”… should study the timeline here.
Homeros is impossible to read for me, it is completely compressed and has its own past tense, the Homeric aorist, which makes forms which are very hard to discern.