The man behind the Phred

Yes, it is brutal.

The more important thing than insulation against the wind is a shield against the wind. I member being outside of Mt.McKinley/Mount Danali (actually, the nameless mountain next to ot) guarding ammo (from who?) at Fort Greeley, and all I had was a poncho. Each day, the snow was moving farther and farther down the mountain, and blowing very hard. It ripped through my body like nothing else, felt like icecicles.

The trees all around me we’re very tiny, more like branches, and the wind was knocking some down. You could see the trunks swaying, and the roots lifting the ground up. I took my poncho out of my cargo pocket, and put it on, leaned a few crates of ammo against a tree, and tied my belt around me and a tree. They completely forgot about me at shift change (or didn’t and enjoyed their sleeping bags) and I was out there forever. The poncho kept the heat inside, wind outside. Only the actual temperature (not the wind temperature) of the air was a factor.

Another time, I dramatically underdressed in the middle of the winter, for timing a race (I can’t remember exactly my job, recording times or something) and had on only thin polypro under cortex, and nearly froze to death. I was stationary, no wind, my ass heat sucked out of me.

Many time, in far colder weather, I would be in shorts, tee shirt, tennis shoes running through Alaskan creeks. Even if not in a creek, Id be out for hours in the snow, with it melting in my shoes, feeling like it was freezing my toes off. I would piss and it would freeze on contact.

But in the same weather, a small tent with ventilation and miniscule heat, snow piled around it would make us sweat.

When you go indoors, take as much clothing off, don’t keep it all on. Tee shirt, even if arms are numb from just comming in from outside. When outside, layer your clothing, keep as much open as you can tolerate. Never take clothing off in below freezing temperature outside if that part of your body has been sweating, especially your head. Its the hardest thing to beat into a cold weather soldiers head when running in cold weather and they start sweating and overheating… first thing you want to go for, is take your head covering off. Never… the temperature change and sweaty skin can fuck you up real quick. Its either on or off at the beginning, or when your dry and calm.

Foot insulation is very important in extreme winter temperatures, normal shoes won’t cut it. Say you used El Dorado county’s pass for whatever crazy fucking reason during the winter… heading to Nevada. You’ll lose your feet long before you would ever make it to where the Dahmer Party massacred themselves on that trail. There is a reason they stayed instead if treking out like a few tried… ground too damn cold, traditional shoes don’t work. Wood with nails for tracktion, tied to your shoes, double layered socks. I doubt you’ll find the big white Mickey Mouse shoes the army uses (rubber, brutal on the feet, you gotta depressurize them on the plane before jumping or they will fuck your feet up bad, they have nozzles for this purpose).

I already brought up the issue of sleeping in the cold, marching can be a bitch. You can’t plan distances easily, because what matters more is wind direction and wind chill, not temperature and distance. Wind direction, with snow in your face will fuck your eagerness to get anywhere up. Weather reports a wind direction, but wind shifts radically in opposite directions a few hundred feet up, and the slightest provacation can get the wind blowing in your face.

Its for this reason waking with a poncho is preferred. It keeps the wind off you, layer of insulating air inside, and you can shift your body’s angle to the wind easily.

Long term encampments for wintering as homeless, from what I’ve seen in homeless camps in Alaska, are standard tents placed on a wooden platform, such as wooden shipping crates, and these crates are elevated one foot above the ground, no less. Thats right… the wooden crates are not on the ground themselves, but elevated with space. This demands sturdy supports. The tent itself has between six to one feet on insulating material on it’s floor inside of it where they sleep. Usually a windblock. I can’t recall the thread, but I remember yelling at Joker for putting a tent on a concrete slab next to railroad tracks in Minnesota as winter approached a few years back. That can kill you quick no matter how good your sleeping bag is. He solved his situation apparently by busting into a abandoned cabin, but we nearly had ourselves a Nihilist Popcicle there.

If you find you absolutely have to push through a wintery area, for whatever pressing sudden reason, and can’t sleep in the rough under these conditions, you’ll have to pull your own ahkio behind you. I did so for four years in the Army, even bought my own military issue one. Its a massive sled for dogs, cept your the dog. You can keep your tent and supplies inside, hike through the sierra Nevada or Rocky Mountains if need be.

What qualifies as a Ahkio? Any big ass sled you can pull behind you. Something, like a tarp to cover up your stuff inside.

I would lay down in it before purchasing/salvaging it, make sure you fit. Put a tarp inside, centered, with flaps outside. Insulation/bedding, then your sleeping bag. Place your stove and axe on your bag, any water or liquid fuel inside, inside a tied plastic bag, if not two. You really don’t want that shit spilling. Put the tarp flaps over, tie it off if needed.

A military ahkio can take care of 9 men, carrying a 10 man tent (squads are 9, even if the tent says 10). You don’t want to sleep in a tent, you want your portable ahkio to sleep in. A rope around four waist, and pull. Not over the shoulder. If you have a pack, put it in/secured on your ahkio. Keep yourself light, well ventilated. You’ll burn heat like crazy, so decide cap/no cap in advanced.

Don’t ever touch metal in winter without gloves. Leather contact gloves better. Gloves with fingers aren’t gonna cut it alone, you’ll need large, fingerless mittens, or a sweater or small blanket you can plunge your bare hands into. Fingered gloves are for temperatures just vrlie freezing, but not long exposure. Reason why, even when insulated, each solitary finger can’t feel it’s neighbor’s heat, and the body cuts off circulation to that finger. It can still get frostbite. But named, together, they stay warm. So build a caccoon for them. Don’t expect finger gloves to do Jack for long.

When sleeping, be it winter or not, always take your boots and socks off. I keep my socks in the bag, if the sleeping bag is multi layered, between layers. Shoes outside, upside down propped up on a stick so rain/mud don’t get inside. Rain hits soles of shoes.

Heat and sweat builds up on the back when carrying a ruck. When it’s cold, windy, a backpack snug against your back can make the difference between feeling cold and not cold. Open your front, or take a layer off before you start sweating. Sweating in minus temperatures is your enemy.

Sun blindness is a bitch. Glasses are easily available. Plastic freezes to the skin, I know a lot of guys with facial frostbite from wearing glasses in high winds during the winter. If you really can’t take the sunlight, get some cardboard, cut a slit across it, tie some string or rubber bands knotted together to hold it in place on your head. Reduced sunlight, you can still see. Looks stupid, but effective.

If you buy a soda can, keep it. You can make a alchohol burner, and buy cheap rubbing alcohol to fuel it.

I would recommend putting this in a larger can, such as a coffee can, with holes in it. Pour your fuel in your soda can, light it up. Place a pot on the larger coffee can. Air will pass through the holes, allowing your fuel in the smaller can to continue to burn.

If you want to go fancy, you can buy a Swedish army issue version cheap, they work well:

It has the benefit of being dirt cheap, not resembling a Sodacan crackpipe if the police search you, and is brand named to remove all doubts. Always have one on you, cold Orr warm weather, if you can. A very pleasant luxury for the man who otherwise has nothing. Rubbing alcohol can be bought almost anywhere. It doesn’t freeze save in ungodly low temperatures.

Drink lots of water. Don’t be afraid to take your dick out to piss, or shit. Your body expends more energy keeping your piss war in you than you lose in letting it go.

Don’t be afraid of cold weather. Acclimitize. Expose yourself to the elements as much as possible. But be prepared. If you can’t do the above, get out of winterland. If you need to cross over a state, especially mountainous one in winter, undertake these precautions. In a emergency, I once took a manufacturers fitted blanket off of a industrial size push lawnmower and went into the fetal position in it. Kept me warm, replaced it before dawn, no lost to the owner, I stayed alive.

Even though you took a Monistic Approach to your theological leanings, your still practicing Cynic philosophy, believe it or not, same with Joker, even though he was a Anarchist and a Nihilist. Anarcho-Primitivism and Monism, especially the Islamic Sufi system (which you most closely echoed in your poems above) have deep roots originating in Cynicism. Its not my scholarship pointing this out, it’s been well researched by others. I recommend studying up on them occasionally… before I adopted Stoicism I was a Cynic. Sometimes Cynics would attach themselves to armies. When the infantry, marching at night started freaking out because it was too cold, they would dive into the snow and kick around tirelessly, laughing half naked, throwing snow at the far better dressed troops. We exist in many settings as a obvious counter check to people’s presumptions about reality and trails they undertake. Yes, life is hard, but not overly burdensome. Look at me, if I survive, so can you. Hardship or poverty isn’t a obstacle to pursuing a better life. History’s best philosophers have often taken this lifestyle as their initial step into philosophy. Consider this, when projecting fears or unweariness in regards to the cold, or heat. It shouldn’t scare you, you should be wise in accepting for it, and think of ways to prepare for that eventuality. Always ask yourself “How do I survive under these conditions, under this stress, if I had to?”

In regards to the rain… fuck, it rains everywhere. Even in Death Valley. The weather pattern for California is decided on the Golden Gate Bridge. Half the year, the sea fog sits south of it, other half north of it. Northern California and Southern California is dictated by this pattern.

Rain drives you eventually to insanity. I can’t ever say I completely got over it. It will cause your mind to snap after a few months straight each night.

Honestly, fuck rain, I’m no dolphin. But it’s quite easy to adapt.

There is a big debate in the homeless community, tent or tarp. I used to be pro-tent, but switched over to tarp. Why? Well, unless your lucky enough to have a camoflauge tent, you’ll need to throw a military poncho over it, stack some ferns and branches from every direction against it to hide it. If you value security and not every fiend passing by taking it if you plan on sticking to that spot for more than just a night. Stores don’t sell camp tents cheap. They sell bright orange and blue ones cheap.

Send only, bugs get inside, flying all about. Dozens fast. Any good inside, mice chew through, and water gets in.

A tarp is by default flat. They can come in many colors, but dirt brown is best. Why? Cops and Forest Rangers. They see you, they are on you. Arrested, molested, ticketed and generally dicked.

Tarps should be as long as you, plus enough room to lie your backpack flat above you, inside it. So two feet plus your height, to be safe. They should be three times the width of you in your sleeping bag. Measurements on the bag when you buy them, if you just don’t find one somewhere.

In wet weather, sleep with your feet down, head up if ground is not flat, rucksack above your head. Have the backpack completely in the tarp, in the far top corner. Lay your sleeping bag (if you have one) out below it, again, in the tarp. Fold the tarp over, tuck top flap under the bottom flap of tarp. This keeps water streaming in. You can keep shoes outside, inside as pillow, or on top of Ruck to push tarp up higher, so it doesn’t press against face. Opening can be by preference, but I usually leave it open on the sloping side down… water goes downhill, so it won’t easily enter. If you can fit whole body under tarp plus your rucksack, sacrifice your feet. Your rucksack should be always treated with respect, better than you! You don’t want it wet. My day pack has a waterproof shell that can be placed over it, and I still usually kept it in my tarp, so the straps wouldn’t mildrew or soak.

You can keep your burner in some rocks nextbto your tarp so they don’t cast a shadow if near civilization but you worry cops might get called in. Cops can break and tear up your shit, destroying it, fucking you over. No realistic recourse. Your in many ways a subcitizen. They can do stuff prohibited to do to prisoners under the Geneva Treatises, including denying you sleep. Many homeless feel immune to these effects, including fines/tickets, but police chiefs and rogue cops can switch tactics overnight, getting “tough on crime”, and instead of policing people breaking entries or gang violence, they’ll take the tantric route to political reelection and appeasing the mayor by targeting the weakest members of the community, least able to resist their predations. You can’t pay that ticket ever… it keeps you from getting a job, but it’s hypothetical money in their coffers, and make scared feminists hiding behind their curtainsbfeel safe knowing you just had your life ruined for the umpteenth time.

Your Pain = Feminist Satisfaction.

If women didn’t exist, guys wouldn’t bother policing the homeless, they aren’t really threatening. They gotta feel macho to look good and protective in their eyes, women are insecure and easily self-delusional. Those eyes peeking out at windows as you walk by… that’s Pandora (a forum user) or Liz. Cops just got notified, so I recommend shadowy stealth encampments, in woodlines, expecting cops to make shallow penetrations for show to appease the ‘taxpayers’. A little farther back, secluded, in a illogical place, hard to see. I’m obviously not a advocate of sidewalk sleeping in a storefront. I know cops, their mentality, being ex infantry. If no one is looking, they will turn rabid.

I recommend a three piece army woodland camouflage sleeping bag as your first big purchase. I’ve owned a few over the years. Like a tarp, it has a very low profile, is theoretically waterproof. If you buy them "used"they are not that waterproof, go to Walmart and by a can of fabric/camping waterproof spray. Washing it (do wash it on occasion) washes it out over time, so respray it.

One idiot in Hawaii had one permanently strapped to a wheeled cart, attached to a bicycle. Was much longer than a van, no roif, no storage space on cart. No fucking clue what he was thinking. I would of gotten some plastic, flexible pipe and a tarp, and built a roof, with a storage space, and taken it deep into the woods, his it, and rode the bike mius the cart around. Fucking idiot.

You can place a waterproof sleeping bag or tarp on the side of a log, completely hiding it. The handful of places in Golden Gate Park I slept in we’re next to logs on very sleep slopes, with plenty of foliage growing above and below me. During the day, I would hike around like a tourist checking spots from a sidewalk looking for invisible locations from every direction that coincidentally was seemingly in plane site. A example, looking at a hill, trees blinded clear access half way up, top looking down foliage blocked the view two feet up from the surface, and plants on the sides blocked the sides.

If you projected a slant of this hillside as a grid, and visualized it from every direction possible, only a few spots, when you lay down, are invisible. If on a steep slope, impossible to see at night with a flashlight looking down or up. Shadows everywhere. As long as you press your body against a log, head up, your primate sleeping characteristic take over. Its easy as fuck, though the steepness suggest otherwise. Our primate ancestors been sleeping in odd angles on branches for 60 million plus years, trust me, it works. Police can do aggressive sweeps if they think more than a few homeless are in a area, but hate expending energy and twisting their ankles. A steep hill looks even steeper when it’s dark, cold, rainy. They got police cars and a episode of south park to watch in their cruisers, let them “search”, kidnap the dumber and lazier homeless, sleep sound once they are gone.

Which getsbme to my next point, it’s best to avoid other homeless. I only did this when I had no choice, was working late, had to work early morning, or had church, and needed to get to my storage place ASAP in the morning, change… gym to shower, work. If I could help it, believe me, I most certainly fucking did. Hobohaunts are full of tweakers and crackheads, if your well his like I am, they can’t find you, but their dogs can. I think once one leapted over me running from someone, couldn’t figure out what that was, but people on the hill wouldn’t shut up all night, cops showed up. I fell back asleep, and think Tyr Anasazi leaped over me howling, likely unaware I was even there. I was a good thirty feet down.

Oh… don’t keep food in your rucksack. Bagged, doublebagged in fact, outside, tied to your backpack. I recommend choosing a tree with raccoons in it. You’ll know where they are after a while if sleeping in a area. Toss them each some food when you hear them sniffing. You’ll get used to their sounds, coming out of trees. It gets easier after a while. Reason why you keep feeding them, they protect you by warning you. They know your not a threat, so will not worry about you. But someone else, they’ll scramble fast up the tree, sending off alarm bells to you. Human, Mountain Lion, Nancy Pelosi, you’ll have time to take the necessary precautions.

Don’t carry weapons. A Leatherman/Gerber suffices. On my daypack, on my right side I have a D Ring, the kind used by mountain climbers. Why? Most veterans do this. It s where we would attack a gun sling, so we could easily attack, unattached it. I’m a vet, and look the part easily without it, but it may keep some cops at bay, sympathetic being vets themselves. Its also doubles as the equivalent if brass knuckles, very fast. Not a obvious weapon, but functional for pugilism, if it comes to that.

I can go on and on. Basics on keeping clean, checking for infection, rashes, treating different kinds of foot ailments. Heat survival.

Whats important is learning to grow, develop yourself. Your not a college professor, your not some pop philosopher. Your developing a outlook on philosophy from a very trying direction. It sits at the very heart of the philosophical tradition, and the direction and emphasis is seemingly infinite. Your aware of some Cynic arguments… the hardship and exercise builds your body and health. Your sense of shame and therefore, aware of it’s pitfalls in others is coming into examination. You have a increased feeling of independence and strength.

Many Cynics stopped here. Some became theological. Others turned to Ethics, including Diogenes. They examined the world around them in earnest, asking questions, testing peoples assumptions, as well as their own. The possibilities are quite wide for what you can do, how closely you identify with it, being a Cynic, is another concern. Some of the best I’ve known didn’t know the name or movement, or just said they were anarcho-primitivists, or Christians (I was/am that), Sufi, or down right deranged. Many Cynics in antiquity made these same claims.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of … ilosophers

You will never find two who agree on the same subject, it’s impossible. Your probable disagreeing with some of the above, that’s fine too. But, your already more or less in the club now.

We only got two rules. Don’t eat the octopus (unless you wanna), and anyone demanding to know why we dare claim to be philosophers, point to your nuts (no unnatural, gaudy eunuchs, due to Favonius. In other wards, Trixie can’t joingaudy, look up Favonius and Demonax for that, Emperor Justinian for the Octopus rule. Both rules in jest of course, feel free to eat octopus and your own balls if you must).

Double Post

This could possibly work… would need a equal amount beneath as above. Problem is twofold, morning dew, and insects/deer steeping on you. Leaves decay, hold moisture… depend on the night. If I can find dry leaves and a hallowed out trunk AWAY from a road, yes. I think it was Joker (might of been another site) who was once arrested by a sheriff in a hollowed out tree. Because, as we all know, the most ruthless and cunning criminal masterminds spend their nights in hallowed out trees…

No rain, low humidity, maybe.

cnn.com/2015/12/01/travel/be … =obnetwork

This guy is the Hobo’s equivalent of Delta Force. He is Chuck Norris, has some serious skill. Homeless guy flying around for free on first class jets daily.

Closest thing I ever encountered was a elderly security guard, divorced, lost everything… bought the Amtrack monthly fairs for $200 bucks, can ride anywhere in California… he road 4 hours each day, two hours to some stop, two hours back to San Francisco. Then he would work 8 hours. Get on again, sleep 4 hours, then work his other job. I was pretty heavy studying philosophy, couldn’t handle two jobs, much less minus four hours twice a day sleep shifts. I tried to find one that went four hours out, four back, as the Amtrack station in San Francisco was two blocks from my gym (how convinent!) but never could match the schedule to my work requirements. You got $600 bucks, you got a roof for the winter essentially, plus one he’ll of a view. Just don’t be stinky.

Fuck no. Just… fuck no. Yeah… carry one, never opened, in your backpack “just in case”, but emergency solar blankets just… never work out. They don’t breath, and reflect humidity and sweat right back on ya, raining inside. This sucks if your head is inside, trying to warm your airpocket with your warm breathing. Does not insulate you against the ground at all, you really feel this effect in Alaska! It makes noise constantly, very unnatural noise that immediately signals “hobo over here” and has the worst camo capacity of anything short of a lit up flare. Flashlight immediately lights your hiding spot up. Fuck em… though they are so light, and compact… and cheap, I carry one just in case, cause I am stupid and don’t learn from my past experiences with them. Tried it as a layer in my sleeping bad, was impossible to breathe skinwise… fuck!

Waste of time. Just sleep on a pile of branches. Ants and snakes can easily reach your platform, so no practical advantages. No waterproof. Out in the open, so really retarded. If your going to do this, two trees for support, in the actual woods, next to a cliff face. Only for a stay more than a could of days.You’ll want wind protection. Seriously.

Not the worst idea, a hammock inside a elevated tent flap.

Disadvantages are: slow take down time. Sometimes when cops/security/angry mob of feminists are approaching you in your wilderness hideaway for disturbing the peace somehow deep off the grid, you gotta grab your shit and go. Fast, like, under ten seconds be out of the bag, running naked with your shoes on holding your stuff as you summersult off a hill to their dismayed amazement. Try to catch my ass, I plan this shit out PRIOR to sleeping in a spot. What angle can they approach from, what if more than one direction. What do they least expect me to do? With this hammock system… your Ruck best scenario is hanging on a tree, shoes blowing around in the wind storm, all your clothes piled on you, or as a pillow. Awkward trying to get your soggy shoes on with your dick hanging out as RoboCop is approaching, trying to take this absurd contraption down. Might match the woodland color scheme, but it’s geometry is sharp and will stand out when people move as something odd, and people investigate odd shit, then call 911. Your not a threat to anyone, maybe a nuisance to a moose having to go around you.

Advantage is, leaves very little ground evidence. No impressions. Bad news, tree gets damaged, or worst, falls on your fat ass on you in the middle of the night cause the roots lifted up. I had a cheap, thin survival hammock… my ass broke through, woke up with my ass permafrosted on the ground. I was too hypothermic to do anything about it for hours. Just stared in a daze.

I love this idea. I told you about keeping your pack in the tarp, to keep it dry as well as to keep the tarp off your face? This does it for you. I would sometimes use in storms a umbrella, propped at a 45 degree angle into the ground, against a log, and rest my open head under the umbrella. Throw a single hand warmer in my waterproof bag, play some songs on my ITouch 4. Honestly, I would forget there was a lightning storm raging around me. Keep your Gatorade or Mt. Dew bottles when empty… getting up to pee in a storm really sucks. If I knew I wouldn’t be restating in a spot, and was on a log on a hill, I would just unzip my bag down to my nuts, roll on the log without touching the umbrella, and piss pass the log further downhill. Then roll back into sleepy land. Try to empty your pooper prior to sleeping.

See, sleep on slanted ground. This isn’t that bad, you can easily double this slant. Slanted hills can be awkward with feet straight down, a log atba diagonal is best.

Good bedding laid down, prior to sleeping bag.

I know a anarchist who was a Hare Krishnan for twenty years, his wife converted him, out in California then they moved to Montana. They had kids, then she abandoned him and their kids. He had the hardest time supporting them, went into debt. Once they moved out, he became homeless. Lived in a caccoon. Was arrested, cops got a tip he was the Unabomber. Ted Kazinski lived near by, cops we’re close. He did have a rap sheet, but as a veteran/anarchist, and didn’t fit their profile at all, so let him go… Ted was later on arrested, while my friend lived in a caccoon. That was his strategy… build a branch cave, pack the sides with snow, blanket caccoon inside, his inside it most of the time. Shitty way to live, choose Ahkio, seriously. You can at least pull it out and clean everything up on occasion. Invest in decent cushions. Hard for a caccoon.

Expect a visit by the police if your camp looks like this.

Your camp ideally should be invisible. Think like a Taoist, exploit the curvature of rocks and the earth, exploit crevessise in rocks, fallen logs, steep slopes. What does it look like from every possible angle? You remember the mostly submerged hobbit houses? Not hidden well enough. You want them standing right next to you, not knowing your around. This means, no trash. There is some shithead in town causing problems for everyone, dump your trash on his lawn, not the woods. Don’t even bother with a mattress unless you have sturdy walls, solid roof, and decent floor. Check always for bedbugs in a semi permanent habitation.

Avoid tent cities. They are still around in some spots of the country. Liberal policies encourage people to take risks more cautious poor people wouldn’t undertake. They take out sub-prime mortgages, invest their savings in retire rich schemes investing in absurdities. Its all about “market volatility”. Everyone is buying and selling on volatility. Market Fundamentals ignored. They got their gold, still paying off that mortgage. Market goes boom, people steal their shit… their homeless once their bills overtake their debt and credit doesn’t crunch anymore. It takes months to years, but human psychology is pidgeoned holed, and only so many schools of economics exist. You get tent cities popping up, with fluxuating personalities overwhelming the camps in waves. Sometimes it’s the Union Strong people when their companies crack under pressure/implode and go banctrupt or mass layoff, it’s white collared workers get axed across the board, in several companies at once. Its banks going near insolvent. Seemingly random shit. What do they do? They buy a cheap tent, resign themselves to moving to a tent city. Where is the tent city? Wherever the first people decide to go.

After the previous collapse, Sacramento had a Hugh tent city I’m it’s park. They sent in police and bulldozers to brutalize the refugees. They had a system all figured out in city hall to “take care of the people” like good liberalism demands. Something grown up and responsible. If mostly involved making homeless people even more fucked, hiding a problem. Zizrk would smile down upon this socialist idealism. Applaud the heartless athiesm in clearly defying a few Psalms and ethical teachings from the Bible.

If the tent city pops up just outside a city, cops may post there, it’s less threatening. Bulldozed eventually too, just a little more sympathetic, given it’s out of the way.

Why do people bunch up? Same reason many homeless people push carts around with all sorts of luggage.

This pic isn’t that bad, I’ve seen people push up to two carts tied together with absolute absurdities, usually scared overweight women, in their 40s looking dazed. People flock to cities for the same reason these people cling to their carts… attachment to the old world. Its gone for them, just like it’s gone for the people in “The Walking Dead”. They find security in Hugh groups, and become prey to rapists and thieves preying on them. They complain, or cops and politicians just proceed on that basis, and crush everyone in camp. Some get token 3rd rate hotel stayed in lice infected rooms, most scatter with nothing. Likewise, stupid homeless cart pushers are targeted pretty quickly. They stare at everyone in a daze, mixed shame and bewilderment. It hasn’t steeped in yet they no longer belong to their old life. They still feel group attachment to the old identity, and the items have value, a sense of security, and hope of future. The stuff prevents them from entering government buildings to receive aid (has to stay outside, being pillaged when they are inside), hard to get hotel rooms when they come into money with all that, security will notice. No chance for work. Storage isn’t likely. So they just wander around, feeling increasingly alienated. If they are a minority, it’s racism. If a woman, sexism. It tends to be women honestly. Guys don’t fuck with carts unless their old, or are scavenging for recycling. Avoid carts. Avoid camps. Especially occupy wall street. Its a bunch of rich kids, living obscenely dirty, trying hard to get raided. No revolution is possible with them, it’s not their aim. They just want to look cool, and brag about their silly fucking mayhem. You’ll potentially lose everything with them when the cops raid. Only one camp from the old movement is still standing, but I suspect if Hillary starts really struggling in the election next year, a new occupy movement will pop up. It lasts until the police reports start rolling in, city drains get covered by tents and blocked up with trash, and vermin run ramoent like at the San Francisco camp. Literally nothing comes from such movements, and they keep food away from the homeless campers, it’s for the “true protesters”. Read Jack London’s ‘The Iron Heel’, look at how those fucking Marxist really consider the homeless. They are not our allies, they are the blood enemies of all oppressed peoples around the world. Jack was both homeless and a Marxist/Nietzschean. He didn’t hide the fact they are a bunch of blood thirsty fucks willing to kill us in a heartbeat if they thought they could benefit from it. Little different from them and ISIS. No wonder their guerilla wars usually fail, we don’t teach them how to survive, as we’re usually dead because of them.

If your in nothing but sweats, hit a goodwill or salvation army, say you just got released from prison, no money, need clothes. Make up a convincing prison lie if they inquire. They tend to better dress you.

If you have a little money, especially if you have a storage place, look around, and pay close attention to who the police respect, ignore and who they follow with their stares, or follow. Don’t dress like the fools being followed, dress like the people they respect. Why? Shouldnt a Cynic dress in rags or Adidas? Yep… save the ancient Cynics didn’t have a dedicated police forced aimed at fucking them over hard, repeatedly. I like my holes in my jeans, my adidas shorts. Only thing I invest money into is good track shies, maybe a long sleeve dress shirt occasionally, I can wear them year around.

But if living in a city, in a neughbirhoid with regular oatrols, you gotta dissapear. In San Francisco, I wore jeans, dress shoes, fancy shirt, and owned a few dress jackets. All under 10 bucks from goodwill, save the shoes, cost a bit more. My job required me to wear a suit and tie in luxury security. So… gym saw me arrive well dressed, scuffy haired in morning with gym bag, leave in a suite. Id return in a suit, workout AGAIN and leave in casual dress clothes, banana republic stuff. Id hike to the library, of through several neighborhoods with bars, then well to do residences, then really well to do, then multi millionaire, then possibly billionaire yatch club area, never a sideway glance… was actually asked to unleash a boat once abd asked to come along for a party, thinking I lived in the neighborhood. Where was I going? Woodline to sleep. That wet place you bitched about me telling you to stay at.

I looked damn good, and as a result, was never snatched in the roundups. If I sat in a park reading, cops never surrounded me, but did others. Caught in the park after dark after hours walking, its “Good Evening Sir” to me, and a flashlight to on guy on a bench or grass, kicking them telling them to get up.

My clothes, dirt cheap, functional on many levels. What did I wear in Hawaii? Adidas Shorts and Hawaiian shirts. Standards so much fucking lower there. Same price for said clothes used, but much simpler. Some guys only wore shorts, nothing else, for decades.

If you live in a country with strict laws prohibiting the police from preying on the homeless, wear what you care. If not, if you see people getting fucked left and right, blend in. Look educated and respected. In Canada, dress like Gib. In the Amazon, dress like a Anthropologist, but oreoare to don the cockcone. Like St. Ambrose lectured St. Augustine, “When in Rome, do as the Romans do”. Unless your trying to stand out for some philosophical principle. You can try to convince others, but I dislike being needlessly oppressed. I prefer getting one over everyone. I remember sometimes in the summer, I carried my blue ACU colored camelback, with my nametag swened on tbe handle behind my neck. I usually keep shirt hair, so still looked military. Homeless as fuck, had no water in my camelback, just my ID, a few dollars, and a poncho… everything else well hidden (mostly books, I left with no sleeping bad, few clothes, but a million tons of philosophy books). A gay guy was screaming at a homeless guy for asking for change. Both about my age. Gay guy looked at me for support, using me as a example, telling him to get up and get a job.

Fuck, he was probably unemployed cause every job that was non-skilled, entry such as security required a special licence, paying for background checks, high mininum wage, and a 40-80 plus hours of useless video training, costing near $600 bucks to take.

Most people homeless, or clise to becomming homeless, couldnt undertake that sort of payment. They are homeless and cant get a fucking job because self righteous fucks like that gay guy votes progressive, enact stupid laws making bottom rung workers jump through infinite, extensive loops to find work.

You want a job in fast food? Unless you were born in Mexico or India, your not qualified. Security? Blacks and Whites need not apply, but Mexicans and Guatamalans can enmass for events. Same excuses “we gotta enact these measures to keep everyone unemployed because if we dont, we cant get funding from courses taken by them, regulation costs keep the government running. If locals dont take the work, we can get slave labor from Mexico to do the labor, without regulatory oversight, no papers, and God fucking dammit, its their absolute constitutional right as Mexicans to do this work Americans dont want to do.”

I spent months trying to get a Guard Card, half the information in the videos was factually incorrect (rememver, was in the military, I know about chemical attacks and bombs, chokeholds). I got a job, shot straight up to the top. Why? I was the only one who knew what I was doing. Sometimes, I was the onky ine who knew English… all the while I knew homeless people begging for getting a job hookup far more qualified but too impoverished than my boss or coworkers.

Thats fucking life in Kropotkin Land. Everyone suffers while he and his friends rattle on about Ronald Ray-Gun and how great and tolerant they all are.

Keep pressing south, the Bluer the district, in termsbof Voting Democrat, the more racialky segregated and hateful they get. Its sickening.

Oh yeah, you hate the rain, and cold. Las Vegas, Nevada has its own mini skidrow. Its small reakky, hardly ever rains. I cant begin to figure out how they getbwayer, short of buying it.

I know some vets who were in Flagstaff. They said youll never find a tap with water in it, short of a construction yard accidentally leaving the water on. Easy to die from dehydration. Never recommend pushing pass Reno/Sparks. Id go farther north, like parallel to Boise to go East, or bicycle through Arizona and Texas in the winter. Some places on that bicycle route, more than 70 mile gaps between gas stations. Vulture bait.

There is a US wide walking trail open now too.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/America … very_Trail

It brings you through some fucking dry shitlands. I don’t know of any homeless who made it, just funded people. There are homeless websites where you can announce your journey, and the mikes you’ve hiked listed. You can talk about your trails, issues. I haven’t look at them for a while, you gotta be a member to see the posts so cops don’t easily find it.

Best advice, keep extra moral, do no crimes. Leave a net positive impact. If someone breaks down, help push their car. If they talk about their problems on a bus or restaurants, give thoughtful advice, even if they make several figures more than you. Even if your struggling, try to share. Try not to steal from others like you, or those better off, make do, figure it out. Every place, no matter how nice, has a problem. Communities spring up to solve a problem, but never solve everything in their growth… in every town, village and city, something lingers in wait. Its the communities original sin, it’s also a reflection of it’s long term potential, not to different from Romulas killing in Rome, and the concepts of Fraternity and Brotherhood that grew from it as it became a empire. No community is without this sort of hidden issue. As your in your search, learn what made them settle. What jeeos them.

Also learn from others like you. Apply your mind to thinking. To exploring. To always endeavor, to dare, to dream. Always stop to enjoy the sun rises and sun sets, and reflect.

Who gives a tutorial on how to be homeless better than Turd Ferguson. Nowhere else on the internet would you have gotten that kind of response if you had said to the forum board “hey everyone, I’m homeless”.

Honestly, if you need a tutorial on how to be homeless, you might also need a swift kick in the ass. I didn’t even read half of what he posted. The only thing you really need to worry about while homeless are the following:

1. Watch your shit so nobody steals it.
  2. be respectful and respectable and don’t run your fucking mouth too much.
  3. Keep fed, stay dry, stay warm; as much as possible. Steal if you need to. Jail is still a roof over your head and three square meals a day. Missions and refuge centers are viable places to stay and can help you get on your feet if you’re willing to play their game.
  4. You don’t have a drug problem until you start stealing or spending too much money or resources to where you can not stay fed, warm and dry.
  5. Keep your mouth shut and learn the lay of the land and the pace of the people around you before just jumping in; an addition to number 2 to stress the importance of not running your fucking mouth too much; which keeps you from unnecessary ass-kickings.
  6. DO not fuck people over in your trades and bartering. This also keeps you from getting your ass-kicked.
  7. Food can be come by in a variety of ways, so carry water bottles with you, since you can last 2 weeks without food and only a week or less without hydration. Also, don’t carry it in your bag? Why? Tied to the side, so another hungry asshole can see what you have and try to steal your shit? Fuck that.
  8. Don’t give other people in the same situation too much help since it stints your resources. You don’t have to fuck them over, you just don’t have to tell them too much information and let them make their own decisions.
  9. Fuck strategy guides to being homeless. Toss out the instruction manuals and actually learn; keep your eyes and ears open; be awake, alert and alive.
  10. This is not a strategy guide or tutorial to being homeless, just good advice and the only advice anybody should give since they should mind their own business and keep their mouths shut, too.

There are different genres of homelessness and many of the problems described in the above posts don’t universally exist for all of them. my advice is to become a peripatetic wanderer… someone who finances their expenses through money made by working. this disqualifies you from many of the struggles… if you do it right. learn a trade, one that you can do anywhere and one which allows you to move around phreely. buy good gear… maybe a vehicle of some sort. check out a town before you move and try to lock down a job beforehand… go where the work is, in other words. meanwhile you’re steadily putting money aside (since you aren’t paying any rent or utility bills) and getting your money right for the big, philosophically significant and profoundly spiritual move to india where you will write, living off of five American dollars a day.

if you are going to do this thing, do it right, Phred. This is one way to do it. If you want to move around constantly but be phree of phinancial difficulties, you have to be able to make money wherever you go. there are temporary day labor places all over the northern American continent. if you become skilled at a certain trade you can literally jump from one place to the next, weekly or even daily if you want, and be able to work anytime you spend more than a day somewhere before moving. a job when you need it, where you need it. the more north or west you go, the higher the wages get.

Right, which is why I didn’t say much and just gave advice which people can ignore if they want. My situation is different. I’m pursuing further proof of God, soul-mates, supernatural powers, that there’s good in this world, still, even through all the other shit. I have given a lot of myself and who I was to make society a better place just through my interactions on the internet alone, not to mention the acts of kindness and good will that I perform in other aspects of my life. I don’t feel entitled or that I should just be given a ‘hand-out’, but at the same time as wanting to work and have a job and make income, I’m also simultaneously of the mind that I shouldn’t have to do that and should be able to expect, to some degree, some return on my built-up Karma. I’ve had to actually get used to receiving things for free, because I’m so used to giving people things for free without expecting anything in return and it just used to feel weird to get given things out of the blue even though that’s what I did for others. I personally believe, without inflated ego or demand, that life does owe me something more than what I’ve been given thus far.

I don’t mind bartering and trading and I wouldn’t even mind working at a temp agency for a while, but there often seems to be pressure exerted from somewhere telling me to move on and pushes me away from working whether I want to work or not. Kind of makes me restless as if the people surrounding me in the places I go to don’t want me around because I put them to shame on a variety of levels for a variety of responses. I mean, people just don’t seem capable of speaking openly without some type of ‘cover’ for it. Like you, poking and prodding at me with the ‘ph’. Most people here won’t even talk to me directly or even engage me in conversation directly whether due to fear or respect or their own limited capabilities for not seeing their own potential or simply not caring, I don’t know.

What if I were to drop all veneer and talk to you directly as a person, as realistically as I possibly could and told you point-blank that I don’t care all that much about money and, when it comes down to it, I love everyone and everything, but I don’t all that much care for the way that people act and react at times and while I am tolerant of a lot of things, I find that I don’t really find the closeness of relationship or friendship with some that would actually give them the right, in my mind, to talk to me as you do, as if you were that close of a friend when, really, what you are to me is just another person watching on the side-lines still trying to make up their mind about what they’re going to do with their own life to make it worth pushing beyond what you think you have to be to fit in to the society around you.

What if I simply didn’t respect your facade that you paste over yourself in your approach to conversation with me and saw through it to the pain behind it that you don’t share much with others. What if I told you that it was okay to talk to me about that shit and that I could actually understand it and in the facing of such you would actually change and lose some of the false humor to actually enjoy a true laugh that isn’t at the expense of another. What if I never expected you to talk to me about the shit in your life and would never tell you that it was okay to talk to me about such, which is also true. People just don’t say those things to each other, it makes them squeamish; it opens up too many things they’ve been trying not to feel that I’ve become strong in and through.

What have you truly gone through with me; what steps have you taken with me; what enemies have you bested with me; that makes you think that you can treat me as an old friend that has deserved the right to poke and prod and see if their old friend was still alive, alert and awake? That is what I take offense to, not your idle prattle or what you say, but that it’s some stranger saying it to me instead of someone who’s been by my side through hard times. I’m a warrior; I’ve seen and waged war on my own and alone and only spirits have been with me in arms, not the living. I have surpassed so many people in ability, strength of will, character and I know it and they expect me to lose myself in the ego, power, etc., but all I feel some times is sad that I had to surpass them to free myself from what I was stuck in just to be able to help others and that they would feel the need to respond to me in such manners of paranoia, doubt, worry and fear.

I really don’t care if I have money, if I have the means to get somewhere or obtain what I need. I’m not fatalistic or acquiescent to death, just accepting of the fact that I will die some day. My life is the ultimate joy-ride as I let go and just focus on the simple and bypass much of the complex to truly enjoy every moment the best that I can regardless of where I am or what I’m going through. What I care about is being able to make my own decisions in life without people breathing down my neck and that, to me, is worth more than its weight in gold and fancy jewels. I don’t have to hide behind bullshit, all I have to do is get caught up in it a bit to remember who and what I am and still enjoy it when it’s right. I really don’t care what others perspectives or perceptions of me are, how much they ‘hate’ me, how impatient they are; how childish; they will be changed by the time I’m done with them and not because I will it, but because I’m aware that it will happen anyway and seek to take that knowledge seriously and for better intent than others. And, if for that, people push me away, treat me the way you do in mistaken perception of a situation or perhaps engage me in an ancient ‘battle’ between an age-old dichotomy; then why should I care for their loss?

then you’re a pilgrim. See I was close.

Ummm, a Pilgrim is going somewhere. He set out assuming in too many senses he already arrived at his end location.

Its rather obvious in his presumption that he is God. Whats left after that, he just wrote a presumptive autobiography of all becoming. What can he expect from friction, change, new surroundings when he has in too many senses already made his mind up?

God Men are better left in their temples. A life of mendicant wandering isn’t the life for them, it’s a life for self development, refinement, learning from others.

Phred gots it all worked out. Doesn’t even need to worry about what kind of antibiotics to buy when he gets sick from a tweaker coughing on him in a Mexican corner store, much less questions of deeper philosophical wisdom.

Phred, there is a storm of ten thousand strategies to being homeless, it’s only simple in certain straights, and as time goes by, you’ll find you’ll mentally wear out. You’ll also regret getting continuously arrested when applying for jobs once you start a relationship, then family. You’ll find countless avenues closed to you.

I never had to steal, rob. Not once did I eat trash. Its from planning, I starved, foraged berries and plants, fished even (hate fish). But I was able to do it, living a far more peaceful and civilized life than most.

This being said, I’ve seen drunks passed out in the rain with their pants down, ass sticking up in the air. I’ve seen dirty morons lay baking midday on summer sidewalks, fat office women hand them bananas, they eat it without looking at what it is, eyes shut. Several dead bodies, calling the cops on.

Its not the life of a philosopher. You can’t investigate society, or continue your studies, or even secure your body. Did you not see the first Rambo movie, how it started? People just start shit with the homeless for no reason. Its what angered Jack London so much when he was drifting, writing, studying philosophy and literature.

What happens when you lose your Ruck? Your supplies? Prey on another homeless man? Sleep in a dumpster, have a garbage truck dump you while snoozing?

Whats going to happen in a year or two when you really hit rock bottom… not a divorce from past friends, but a sudden realization your in a impossible situation you can’t climb out of, your youth and health is passing you by, and you literally have no future? Its a terrifying shock, it doesn’t set in for the first few years, many veteran homeless go through it. A lot go batshit crazy retreating deep into isolation.

The worst case I ever saw, think I talked about it once on this site, a homeless guy living in Anchorage, Alaska for over twenty years in the alley way, behind a dumpster at Chucky Cheese. He made money seasonally working at a fishing cannery. Completely gave up on himself after a while. It wasn’t easy either… only a ten year life expectancy for the homeless, he was ex military so figured out how to survive, but was completely shattered and demoralized from it.

Disease and injuries multiply. Hate sets in from his others look and treat you. Mind softens, thinking slows.

Being homeless is terrible unless one becomes a philosopher. Its easy, so easy… but it can kill you too. Something as sleeping with your leg exposed on the wrong sort of dirt.

And I’m hardly the first to develop guides, it’s been done for years. Most homeless sites indulge in this. People share strategies and techniques.

Finally, who is the man standing behind Phred? The title of this thread…

My favorite complete bullshit know it all reaction, outdone by phred, is from a Hobo living underva railbridge for the second year in a row in my town. Was just released out of prison, ex marine, was in for a sex crime. He got to talking to me at the laundry mat… I was lukewarm interested, and he said his family used to own the entire hill above the bridge, and the area around it… which I know he us lying, it was never once under a single person’s ownership, about 4 to 5 forts dotted it, including a Quaker community, and the river itself was claimed by a Indian Fighter named Edgington, and it wasnt both the valley and the hill… but I let this guy continue…

He told me he lived under the railbridge. I told him the hill the railbridge sat on had a community a hundred years ago that built cellars into the hillside, and he could move into one, slapping a scrap door on it. He fought me for a half hour like Phred does impulsively denying such rooms existed, then that he was like “where?” interested, then back to lying, calling me full of shit, that he was a marine. I told him I was a veteran myself, in the infantry up in Alaska. This pissed him off, saying I was only outside a hour or so then back inside, I said nope, was stuck at times a month straight continuously outdoors in hell. Then once he finally accepted the idea rooms could exist in the hill, after insisting 20 times his family once owned everything, I told him where abandoned brick factories we’re nearby, where he can get abandoned recreational grills, places people dump loads of tires, framed glass windows on a badly decaying shed nearby, and aluminum siding for the roof, and a axe for cutting firewood. Plus, where several tons of free scrap metal for recycling (oldvrsiltracks, steel mills from the old days) was, and access to free food.

The dumb motherfucker fought mebtooth and nail, wailing I was full of shit. Over and over… then the dumbfuck would stop me saying “you know I’m a registered sex offender, I can’t do that” which was rather absurd, given he could have his own permanent, weatherproof shelter in under two days. Being a registered sex offender had Jack diddly squat to do with it.

He finally rested on the excuse he couldn’t sleep in it because he would have to sleep on a cold concrete floor… but he does this on the base of a bridge tower some hundred yards away, completely exposed by the wind like a idiot.

Wind chill factors on the Ohio river get brutal, enough to kill you. This dumb fuck last year had a buddy, I remember them both, hiding under a overpass facing the highway coming from Ohio to West Virginia, lighting a massive bondfire with stolen wood, from a nearby recycling center. Police raided, his buddy ghost (probably realized too many cops here). Only reason this guy survived is he moved 300 yards west, out of police jurisdiction into a dead municipality no police bothered with. Was completely clueless to this.

Some guys think they have all the fucking answers, his dumbass is lying on concrete, under blankets, winterbwinds whipping around at absurd speeds. A room, a football length away. It even has a old stovepipe in the roof! It drives nuts. So fucking simple.

There used to be two tailtracks there, not one. They pried up the metal, left the wood beams stacked up or tossed in the hillside goingbto the river. There are a lot if abandoned foundations to old houses, he could literally build a log cabin with a stone foundation with some of that if he wanted. But know, he is a registered sex offender, his family once somehow own everything, even though it’s definatelyba lie.

Thats what you remind me of Phred, a guy calling shit when he is full of it himself. Old angry curmudgeon mistaking his lies and bullshit for the truth, unable to see others are withholding out if fear of violence erupting, and politeness.

You neither fear me, and I’m not polite. Your a piece of shit. A tweaked getting stoned unaware of his situation half the time, kicked out band pushed on. You gotta steal just to make ends meet. How the fuck can you claim any sort of divinity? Claim any knowledge of the truth? Gonna get angry? Pouty faces? Whine, pout? Arrrragghhhhhh! Threaten me. Cry for sympathy, cry for pity.

In the end, it’s just you all alone. I’m just a phantom projection of your own deliberate personification. Youvevpainted yourself in your best of light, but all I see is a emotionally bancrupt tard.

Where is your self proclaimed godhood, wisdom and certainty of truth in this? How many see you as even less when getting to know you better?

Wherevis there effort, trail, a drive to betterment? Where is there a philosopher? Its just you… you leave others to their Fate? Phred against the world… I am Atman? Fuck that… it has neither footing nor acceptance anywhere.

as always that was a good read, but way too overkill and far too melodramatic.it wouldn’t be anything like that if you had a job skill and a vehicle, phred. if you don’t have these you can still do it if you have money. I’ve met thousandaires who were living out of hiking bags and traveling all over the place. Learn a trade. I’ve literally answered an ad in a city on the other side of the state, got the job, drove there the next day and went to work. Two weeks later I do it again. Never a dull moment, living comfortably (i had my westfalia at the time) and even saving money After expenses.

Technically this is homelessness, but nothing like the hell portrayed by Turds posts. You can very easily do it and enjoy it if you have a trade and transportation. A motorcycle even.

You have a pretty good bullshit know-it-all approach, too. Let me address it bit by bit as I choose to respond:

Hmmm… not true. I don’t have an end destination in mind. Do you think that calling myself ‘God’ in any way indicates that I do? In essence, I have a goal of peace to reach and many other personal life goals to also reach and there is work enough to keep me busy. In leaving myself open enough to learn and relearn from all current life lessons, I train my own mind on the basics over and over and become mentally stronger for it; not for my own gain or for personal power, but to continue doing the work that I have pitched myself into. What part of my mind is made up other than that the world is screwed up and I can do something to help change that, nothing more or less than help.

Wandering is good for the soul, especially is one hasn’t found or reached a destination. I enjoy traveling and gaining actual experience after being a wanderer in just my mind alone. I’ve already learned from countless others on the internet and I’m still learning a lot from others around me.

I have a perfect storm that trumps every single one of those.

I won’t regret getting continuously arrested because I have a perfect record, I don’t get arrested and the two times I spent in jail last year had the charges dropped from them and have not affected my record or any chances of getting a job. I already find countless avenues closed to me just for being an honest man of integrity, so I have no idea what you mean when even being a criminal leaves plenty of avenues open for you in life. Regardless, I have made choices that support the main choice of having a relationship and family some day. It’s an easy chess game to stay on top of.

You say ‘it’s from planning’, and then in the same breath say, ‘I starved.’

Funny, old-time philosophers lived in much harder times and circumstances and did just fine in developing and beginning the philosophies that we have in our modern existence.

Do you have anything to tell me that I haven’t already faced and moved past? At what point do you expect me to break again? You talk about shock as if you know shock and if being homeless is what shocks YOU the most in life and eternity, then count your blessings. I have seen and experienced things that put that to shame and make it easy to deal with; like spreading butter on hot toast.

Yet you just said in the same post that this lifestyle is not the life of a philosopher? Could you keep from contradicting yourself directly?

You’re turning me into a mirror of your own self, and I am beyond such things.

Why should I fear you and did I ask you to be polite? What have I stolen? Nothing. I have asked people for help, but have not stolen a thing. It doesn’t mean that I won’t steal if it comes down to it and I can’t receive help from anyone and that, in itself, is an indication of reality and the society around me at that point since I would have tried in so many varying facets to ask for help to get back to work and a part of society rather than on the outside as I have habitually been throughout my life for reasons unknown to me except that I was ‘different’ than the other kids. Why should I threaten you when your own actions are indication that your sanity is already far threatened by something else? You’re not even in the same mental league as me and it wouldn’t be a fair fight. You’re wounded.

Why don’t you ask them, both my friends and my enemies? Look at how much attention you just gave me just for a simple response that sat unwell with you and twisted you into this visage of attack upon me. Simple statements not aimed to hurt you that you impaled yourself upon. You, in your actions, have already made me better than you and that, in itself, is Godhood enough. Why should I seek to exert any further over you than your own will and my own cognizance?

I train my mind almost every day under the weight of insecurity, depression, fear, worry, doubt, insanity, etc. I’m ready to make the weight heavier and train further, but the people around me aren’t. For every bit of such weight that I add to myself, now, I am made stronger in kindness and grace along with focus and I can sustain it longer.

But, to put kindness and grace and focus in perspective with the reality we know, I do have a no-bullshit policy for situations like this. Why should I put up with your disrespect of me or your reaction? Whether you hate me or love me, you will respect me as others have had to learn in varying ways from harsh to beautiful, depending on the person and where they are in their mentality and in their lives, both physical and spiritual.

I have made meditation my natural state of living, to become comfortable in it enough to be able to perform it, at the least in some small part, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Stamina and endurance at the same time as conditioning my body in the same way while traveling long-distances on foot with a pack on my back.

Through so many variations of movements, I have taught myself the basics of martial arts and still don’t allow myself to fight. When I do actually fight, I will lack the personal experience, but still have the knowledge and the ability to perform based on my mental training pushing my physical training in life; though fighting in general is not my goal. I’m more into cultural pursuits. The fact remains that I have to fight against so many things that swarm my mind and then so many things that swarm the reality around me and in peaceful ways as much as possible, otherwise I undermine and cut down my own foundation of strength that I’ve built. I would abuse my own system of checks and balances that I created from inspiration given to me by the Universe and, in the abuse of that, would lose the power that I’ve earned through hard work and diligent effort that I need to protect those that can’t protect themselves, weren’t made for it, and to make sure there’s a world worth rebuilding on the other side of the event horizon that’s coming.

The problem is that the dichotomy between good and evil is just too tempting and what is the point of power without something to test it out on, though said power doesn’t arise or present itself in nature just for that reason alone. I would not exist if there was not something seriously wrong with this world and this reality; there would have been no point for me, no reason or purpose. ‘They’ promised me that I would never be needed in this regard, that it would never come to it and yet, here I am. I’m not the type to hit ‘rock-bottom’ after two years of being homeless. I have been homeless in the heart and destroyed in the mind for much longer and still pulled myself back together. I know that I can survive, which is more than most can say truthfully.

Talk to me instead about your personal experiences, and maybe I might like you more.

I almost got hit by a train today walking along the train tracks. Didn’t even faze me. Got me and my friend out of the way before it hit us, though it came pretty close.

What makes you real? To me, you become so many words and so many varying responses; ‘you’ being used in vague sense about a general public of responses given and not to anyone in particular. ‘You’ without reference to anyone who has posted in this thread already or in the future, though they might take or make reference to themselves. What makes any person real when they refuse to talk about the things that make them real and make life real to them?

Are most people without these stories or are they ashamed by them to some degree?

You, and this time by ‘you’ I mean Turd again, give almost a brochure guide; lofty-sounding, whether tongue-in-cheek or not; to being homeless, without expressing much of the reality of it. Try to make it sound appealing, almost, when nobody plans on being homeless unless they know there is no way to avoid it; unless they’re spoiled and don’t fully realize what it’s going to be like, or are so used to living such lives that they simply don’t care to, or can no longer reach for, a ‘normal’, ‘modern’ life in a house or apartment or mobile home or mansion or… you begin to get the picture, I hope.

Certain parts of the country that you travel through have predators hunting at night that might want to make a tasty meal out of you and if you’re not too daft, can sense when you’ve wandered into their territory. It’s pretty bad for living to be traveling through those parts of the country and be taken down by a pack of wolves or a cougar/mt. lion.

If you smell like fear, you will be prey; if you act like prey, you will be prey. If you try to out-predator them, it could backfire. If you try to run, you’re likely to die tired, but if you stand and fight, even without a weapon, you might win out. What to do to deter confrontation altogether? Figure that out, and you’ll realize that humans in society are not so far different from wild animals for all of our so-called ‘sophistication’.

And, you know what I lament the most? The fact that many people will not get to see my lighter side, the parts of me where I actually laugh and have fun genuinely, simply because they won’t allow me to. There are very few people in the world that get that these days and truly appreciate it for the rarity that it is.

What substance is there when you fail to provide context?

Should I be afraid that I almost got hit by a train? I didn’t get hit. Should I have felt some sort of adrenaline rush? I didn’t. Should I have felt some sort of fight or flight synapse response? That’s not what I felt. Should I have felt more alive? I didn’t. I felt calm and in the moment, not pressed by necessity or even altered in any degree. I did not run at my top speed, yet still ran pretty fast. Did I run to not be hit by the train? Yes. It was fun, though, as if I knew in an instant from years of life experiences how fast the train was moving, how fast I could run, how fast my friend could possibly run and knew instinctively and in the moment that we could outrun it. And we did. I say ‘friend’, but I’ve only known this person a short time and yet I can understand his pain and suffering and he’s very open about himself. We’ve already faced death together; to me, that creates a friend for life.

I wonder, in what way, I could conceivably explain to you what it meant to be a part of the reality around us all; woven in; what it means to love life in spite of the adversity; to want to be a part of it and continually pushed to the side by everyone around you, without them knowing precisely why. Like they like you and your personality, but there is something to you that just seems off to them that they can’t explain. As if, in not being wounded; in making yourself whole again; you become something alien to them yet accepted at the same time. The rarity. Is it vanity or ego that makes me aware of my own rarity? Or perhaps it is simple self-analysis shamelessly fronting itself as narcissism and is finally just seeing past the insecurities that used to be there and becoming aware of the beautiful aspect of what it is.

idle banter is good for a variety of things. To me, as I say these things, they are idle banter to me, whereas yours was had before the last four posts (this included) of what I assume must be mind-blowing, since they stole your possible responses from you. Your idle banter; and others; is fluff, to see who is full of holes and who is not, though not really expecting to see someone who isn’t full of holes as they; and you; are still full of holes themselves, or perhaps thought themselves (yourself) whole instead of being filled with holes. Mine is similar, though it is waiting for the ones that aren’t so hole-y; full pun intended on ‘holey’-‘holy’ and fully takes advantage of those who perceive themselves to be better than others and those who think they’re escaping that only to be caught in it nonetheless. Those who realize that everyone is as smart as they are and that it is only a matter of people improperly using their intelligence; or so some think, since our intelligence seems so wisely spent on making life easier for ourselves only to find it harder for it all; and that it realistically becomes a matter of what we choose to think about and what we choose to devote our intelligence to, who realize that that in itself makes one seem smarter than the other.

Which, in turn, actually makes me smarter than others given that I’m able to think of and quantify such and concisely explain it, but only because I put the time and devotion into it. I recognize it in myself, yet recognize further that what I chose to think about beyond the broken ‘honor-system’ was what kept me honorable enough to actually use my intelligence enough to reasonably define for myself such a concept of equality to keep myself from becoming twisted in insanity, fear, etc; and continually prove it to myself, which in turn is able to be transferred to others in a manner that I am learning as I go. If only you could have seen more fully what I came from, is all I say when I say ‘if you could have seen my full path.’ From nothing to this and continuing on as if I was and am still nothing, because I am. I’ve shown the possibility of extreme overcoming and, through calling people on their shit and their lies, regardless of the accuracy of what I say they’re lying about or the shit, still expose lies and shit, the ability for them to use their intelligence, and obvious intelligence it is for what they use to cover up their lies and shit, for better purposes. Intelligence used to cover up lies is intelligence that could be used to craft better truths.

I am what I choose to be in a world of people who are what they choose to be; free will rebounding free will creating self-fulfilling fate and prophecy. Hate me and you only hate yourself, love me and you love more than yourself; hate yourself and hate me more; love yourself and find only further love for me. And, if what I choose to be is conducive to proper growth; peace, love and harmony; who should truly hate or fault me save the enemies of reality? At such a point, I become a perfect mirror for them to view their own imperfections as I slowly remove the fault from my own flesh through pain-staking dedication to be what I choose to be in a world that would readily choose for me and rob me of the choices in life that they themselves feel robbed of for not realizing the intricate balance of free-will converted to fate and fluctuating madly through chaotic and hypnotic frequencies both audible and inaudible; both auditory and not; perhaps visual or some other format entirely unmapped. And, in such a world, if I were to say that I am what I chose to be at the same time as I am what others made me, what then could they say if they could deem me less hypocritical than others in the statement of such a bound and boundless decree of self and with self-help help the self beyond the self for selfish means of others to raise high my own selfish means in living a better life in slightly more luxury than I’ve already had, and if that’s not the goal of other men and women and growing children and if it should not be admitted, then I have thus admitted it and stand alone with that as my goal regardless of others testament, for at least I would value their selfish means as much as my own, even if they could not see their own. A moralistic platitude of immoral balance kept firm by moral dominance in a mad rush for discipline and balance away from the prescribed balance and discipline; order away from order and even chaos has an order as it wars for its own right to exist within the ordered universe and what of that free will when tempered by fate and the free will of all others in existence? Ennui. A fatality of purpose for the purposelessly driven as the purposefully purposeful seek to reign it all in. It’s simply what we chose, even in the avoidance of choice, that choice is still a choice and defines the choices of others.

And, I could go round and round like this all day long; all week long; follow the paths of such arguments and see them spiral into the ground only for me to pick them up and carry them unto completion of thought and show the obvious victor that reason becomes, even in the eschewment of reason when reason must be abandoned to handle the sheer brutality of the reasonless; those who sought to avoid reason, tried to fight against it; to avoid consequences, emotions, etc. Round after round after round of cycling arguments, devolving into senseless and yet filled with sense brutal and bloody spiritual fighting. In the same breath as wanting to give up, I often find reason to get back up again and I do some times hate being used to such degree; being pushed to the edges of sanity; but what can I do to prevent it from happening? Nothing. Nothing at all. They’ll do it anyway, so all I can do is stick to my choices the best I can and that is what I do.

No shit? Me too… earlier this year. I’m walking down the train tracks balancing on the rail with Heart’s Barracuda blasting through my headphones. It was loud, but I thought I didn’t have it loud enough to not hear a train if it were coming. Boy was I wrong. If it wasn’t for that brief pause right before Ann goes “ohhhhhhh bara-barracuda!”, I’da never heard it coming. Now I assume the dude would’ve hit the horn had I not jumped off, but still this deserved to be called one helluva a close call.

Needless to say, I no longer walk train tracks with music blasting in my ears.

So far I’ve found that the only thing keeping true equality from becoming accepted by mass-awareness, is psychology. Stupid psychology; idiotic psychology; that prevents people from seeing the equality that already exists. I claim to own patent to proper view of equality.

Well, as long as you have bubblegum I don’t see anything wrong with it.

lol, my teeth aren’t all there, so I don’t chew bubblegum much anymore. Got a large frosted cinnamon roll at safeway this morning for 1.99, though. That was delicious.

Well, you cant go postal without it. What are you gonna say, I came here to kick ass and eat cinnamon buns?