The Art of Art

Wait! Arc, I see a little face in the painting. There’s a little white ghoul face in the upper left corner, right?

See I can do this. When I was twenty my friends and I tripped acid and stared at an oriental rug for what seemed like hours. There were faces everywhere. It was far out.

Arcturus Descending wrote:

The man interests me more than his work. It was the movie below that gave me an insight into the man and from my own perspective, I tend to find journeys of discoveries through people rather than art.
You Arcturus Descending, are a real Southern Belle on the outside and an iron lady on the inside. A good combination for survival.

youtube.com/watch?v=z0xiovbDML0

Let me tell you what’s going on here. The intrigue of the painting is that it sends the eyes and mind into a pattern-seeking mode. Because there is no singular pattern, center point or object, the various distributions of color, lines and shapes begin to assemble in the mind and combine into random images.

In short, Pollock has done nothing but splatter paint on a canvas. He is not the artist of this piece. You are. And to the degree that any of this was planned in advance, the structural elements, like those vertical lines, were very easily drawn, requiring no real technical skill. This piece is a texture of chaotic nonsense that is nothing unless it is looked at.

But what really gets me is how these artists like to talk all sophisticated about the crap they are doing.

First I take all my clothes off and cleanse myself of all thoughts. I breath, focus my mind, center my chakras, and the form takes life through me. I move with the painting, address its needs, listen to what it tells me, for it is a living thing. Then, an energy envelops me and I understand what must be done. The soft sound of the brush on the canvas, the birds who sing through the window as I paint, the breeze that passes through the room; all these things are intimately connected with th…

OH FOR GOD’S SAKE MAN JUST SPLATTER THE FUCKING PAINT ON THE CANVAS ALREADY!

I really liked Bob Ross as a person and an artist. That man had a lot of talent.

A Shieldwoman,

Thanks, Shieldmaiden. I didn’t realize that there was a movie on his life. I’'ll try to find it and watch.

Yes, most definitely - I see and understand your point.
I also think that a person’s art and/or life’s work can be revealing about his/her being and draw you in to know more. Humphry Davy’s great work ethic/ life/personality/being lol had this effect on me. I was so moved by what I learned of him. I first learned about him through Richard Holmes’ “The Age of Wonder”. That (Holmes) was so awe-inspiring to me…the side of the coin where humanity is brilliant and beautiful. I live to read stuff like that…a bit of heaven. lol

No one has ever said that to me before. What are the characteristics/qualities of a Southern Belle? I hail from Pennsylvania.
As for the iron lady, I can be - both that and a marshmallow at times. I try to make sure that the right one is called out when needed.
Would the Southern Belle be the marshmallow?

I was also greatly moved when I watched The Agnony and the Ecstacy - about Michelangelo’s painting (verb) of the Sistene Chapel. Talk about Agony and Ecstacy.

I see a wall of pretentiousness.

Read it, didn’t see any art, just w.o.t. poetry and some rap music.

Lol. I have to call bullshit. Your body language says it wasnt a waste of time. Been choosing to devote your attention to me because you were looking for something, you knew not what, and you found a lilting lullabye and a battle hymn to match this will you cant drag down. Dont you know it was me that brought even all evil to this point by showing to them this height of our civilization and telling them they would still lose. Were you the first or the last seduction to peace and harmony?

Actually I’m no fan of modern art, but this is not as easy as it seems. This is more than a load of old pollocks. Getting the balance of a picture like this is hard.
Give it a try and see if you can make something as good.

What makes you love yourself so much. I mean look at your face, for a start! You are joking! And that fag 'anging out of your stupid gob. You think that is attractive? That it makes you look hard? It doesn’t - it makes you look like a dick.And don’t you know only knob-ends wear hats indoors? - Is that a baseball hat? (even stupid people have figured out which part of the hat is the front!)
Take a good look at yourself!
LOL

Undoubtedly, the marshmallow.

You know, I laughed at this, (real hard), but on reflection, after reading some of his confessions on his blog, they are really quite disturbing. Somethings gotta give sooner or later with him.

What makes me love me? I accomplish the goals that I pursue. I have been in bad places of the mind, shown that to people and also shown in the long term to be capable of overcoming the things that espouse such bad places of the mind. I have been and so I know that which to set my path by and I triumph daily in a battle of self to bring this world to right. Do laugh and poke fun, but do notice the peculiarities. Your laughter seems strained. All you seem capable of is that. Thats not a proper contribution to society. Rather weak.

Come on, Lev’s sense of humour is spot on.

You overlook that, after seeing the funny side of his remark, I reflect on the cruelty of it.

“I triumph daily in a battle of self”, demonstrates my observation that “somethings gotta give sooner or later”.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand (somewhat) your struggles, but was appalled at the things you have done, this sort of stuff does not go away, unfortunately.

English please.

My body language? How can someone “read” sitting and laughing at the computer?

Something about a battle hymmn and lullaby. Hmm.

If this is the “height of all civilization”…damn I’d hate to see the valley.

You claim it was you who has brought down all evil. And I thought my claims about vanquishing an Ursa Major were pushing it.

First and last seduction to peace and harmony? Dunno what that even means. Probably newage speak of some sort.

The secret lies in the homogenius of it. Its not hard to balance a painting that’s all white and blue.

Also I dont see whats so good about it. It looks like the side of a crate at a light night warehouse depot.

When I was a child I made a splatter painting that was much more profound.

Im afraid that nothing within me has to give, and I was speaking to trixie, not lev. This forum watched my greatest breaking point and I have been on top of it ever since. With every battle, I gain more ground until I become unassailable. I leave myself open and defenseless and wait for the wannabe asshole to hit whats vulnerable and then react. You attack blindly, use information I shared freely against me and wonder how I can read the body language you exhibit. What can you do to me that hasnt already been done a million times over? Natural immunity developed as I aged. Every single one of you makes mistakes, every single one of you has done something that someone else has judged or would, and has or would be hated for it. You have done worse than I and you fault me for mine. Whatever. When these moments become futures history, we’ll let them decide whose deeds were greater- he who builds under impossible odds or he who tried to rip apart what was built out of love. Namaste, bitch.

The fact is that Im barely trying. Im no longer challenged or bogged down by others filth. You are vastly challenged by me and I have shaken you to your core because none of you have ever met the likes of me before. In this field where we can not kill each other, we find our selves in a stalemate. Eventually you will lose interest and wander off knowing there was an enemy you could not prevail over and I will continue to create art- something I have continued to do during and despite your best efforts. Better to express our darker nature and know that we are watched for it and be motivated to actually do something about it than to hide it and have it fester to the point that it shows as it does through you, trixie. Im not afraid of having people know things about me because Ive moved on. Look at you picking on what you say is a crazy unstable homeless man to make yourselves feel better. Its rather indicative of poorer mental health than you attribute to me.

And Shieldmaiden, you have no need to explain it to me, I caught what you were doing and who you were talking to. I dont speak to you because there has been no reason to reproach you, so dont take what I say as an offense because it has not been directed to you. I am capable of differentiating and using discernment. :slight_smile: