"Mental" Illness: The Future of Treatment

Very important, but it has to offset the problems of imposed societal ignorance and genetic disposition.

I’d gladly take medicinal marijuana if it were legal here. Two of the drugs I have to take–one for cholesterol and one for depression have side effects that diminish libido.

Yeah all these man-made drugs have severe side effects.

Just visit somewhere where it is legal… like Colorado or something, idk, wherever. Even a few smokes (or you can use vaporizer or bong if you’re allergic to smoke) will do a lot of good to your bodily systems*. After all, cannabis, one of the strongest medicines on earth, boosts Norepic systems**. And I’m certain that lack of libido is also a result of deficiency of Chi energy i.e., less amount of Norepi coursing through your body… which is a very dangerous thing

in what way is food important …to protect us from societal ignorance and genetic disposition…

I’m not sure proper nutrition can resolve issues of neurotransmitters at the synapse. I can eat foods that morph into serotonin, but cannot be sure that my brain will handle the neurotransmitter properly. There could be genetic problems with neuronal functions.

I hear some neuroscience persons talking about the connection between food… the gut bacteria… leaky gut…and neuroinflammation…
I wonder if inflammation is causing depression…

They could be right; but, once again, they may be confusing the symptom with the cause.

Indeed, that is pretty common in neuroscience… IMO, they should dare a more theoretical path to knowledge.

dr perlmutter is saying that the food you eat determines your gut bacteria…that may lead to leaky gut and brain inflammation…he believes that can cause depression…in his book he lists references concerning inflammatory markers that mean possible trouble in the brain…that sounds like a causal chain…it is an interesting theory

I guess the gut isn’t called the second brain for nothing.

What would cause a leaky gut? Coffee, raw onions, mushrooms, and other such acidic or overly-fibrous foods are supposed to be the main culprits, but are there others?

We are also ignoring chemically preserved/created foods, which do cause depression, lethargy, cancers, and goodness knows what else.

news.vice.com/article/leading-a … -companies

"In 2014 I was able to replace EVERY BIG PHARMA medication I had previously been using with cannabis. This is significant because I’m on SSI and considered “totally disabled.”

I replaced Morphine. I replaced anti-inflammatory meds (NSAIDS)such as Ibuprofen and Celebrex. I replaced an old-school antidepressant, Amitriptyline, used for neuropathic pain. I replaced anti-cholesterol medication and ALL supplements such as glucosamine.

Elimination of SIDE EFFECTS was my primary reason for making these changes. Does Big Pharma need to fear competition from Cannabis? Yes, absolutely."

given all my research, i really think cannabis is the future cure for psychosomatic illnesses (white matter disease, AD, insomnia, depression and the family)

I can only hope you are right. The state of Ohio may not agree. We’ll see on Nov. 3rd when legalization of cannabis is up for a vote. Meanwhile, I could go to jail for possession of marijuana.

That’s sad.

As i said to that guy whose gf was suffering from brain tumor: Fetch her some marijuana… that’ll do both, curing her tumour and making her happy. MJ has a potent anti-tumour effect, as it seems linked to the brain’s Norepic systems*, which are directly linked to organ neurocontrol…

and what is a tumour, or cancer? It is nothing but failure of neurocontrol in some sections. So according to my theory, MJ should fight tumours. And the same is empirically found by scholars such as the PHD Rob Melamade et al.:

youtube.com/watch?v=n31Nuj_AvTg

The same legislators who push against Marijuana, secretly smoke it when they get sick! Because they must know that it’s the 1-stop cure for nearly all diseases. Big Pharma rabidly pushes against marijuana, because they know that if the truth about it gets out, the game with their nostrums is up… forever.

For those who dispute the fact that cannabis can cure cancer, I would like to refer you to numerous studies (since 1974!) that show that cannabinoids kills cancer cells, shrink tumors, halts the spread of invasive carcinomas, and prevents occurrence. These are listed in the “about” section of this youtube video:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ijwpv6x2R6U

You should get your friends from Ohio informed about this, before the marijuana legalisation vote occurs!

MJ raises dopamine level which can lead to anhedonia, depression and schizophrenia. MJ is categorized as a depressant. Smoking it defeats the purpose of cancer remedy so it should only be vaporized or injected. MJ is a safer remedy to certain types of psychosis than Haldol which often causes severe reactions. MJ is no more dangerous than over the counter pills because all medication has pros and cons.

I’ve had neural damage related pain for years, and if it was primarily psychically induced , I am sure MJ would work. As it is, it caused by actual primordial damage, it doesen’t.

Clarification: by physical damage, I would not want to restrict that meaning to an actual, literal damage, but include also physical events as reproduced anagolously to such events as re-introduced and re-interpreted on a psychic level.

MJ raises Dopamine levels?
Nah, MJ is not particularly associated with thriving Dopamine systems, as are, for example, heroin, cigarettes and cocaine…

" But while studies have shown that cocaine and alcohol, for example, increase dopamine release in the brain’s reward region, this relationship hasn’t been demonstrated consistently for marijuana. "

Or, for instance:
Chronic Marijuana Users’ Brains Produce Less Dopamine, Study Finds
(natureworldnews.com/articles … -finds.htm)

Which agrees with my theory that MJ (boosts Norepi systems, and) suppresses Dopamine systems in general (even though indeed the high-approach behavior might be part dopamine driven)

“Researchers suspected that dopamine production would be higher in such a particular group of marijuana smokers because elevated dopamine production has been linked with psychosis. Counter to their expectations, the researchers found the 19 marijuana users had lower levels of dopamine”.

MJ can’t be connected to psychosis and schizophrenia, Trixie… And i don’t think it is fair to label MJ a “depressant” … :slight_smile:

Ohio recently voted against legalization of MJ. I suspect part of that was due to scare tactic ads by the opposition. The ads showed candy being laced with MJ, suggesting it was within reach of children.

Looking at reports, it appears that MJ became a collateral victim when the Ohioans gunned against greed … Ohio voted against monopolies on marijuana, not marijuana by itself (better luck 2016): latimes.com/nation/la-na-ohi … story.html

“Two older voters in downtown Cincinnati who said they support legalization of marijuana both said they voted against Issue 3 because they didn’t like the “monopoly” element creating exclusive growing sites.”
news.yahoo.com/ohio-votes-legali … itics.html

But the ball is on the roll… nothing can stop legalization

They are in fact offering it in candy and powder form (referred to as “candy”). But they have legal constraints.