Genocide in Gaza?

I’ve read the Bible several times, if that counts as studying Middle East history… which it does.

But here’s a cute vid I never tire of sharing, too:

Irrelevant and off-topic.

“Watch the videos of what Hamas did, pretend it was done in your neighborhood, and stop defending the wrong people. Who breaks the cease-fires.”

Your argument is off base. I have offered no defense for Hamas’ atrocities on October 7, 2023. Imagine your neighborhood was bombed and attacked the way Gaza being attacked by Israeli forces now. Babies don’t break cease-fires. But they’re being starved to death.

Hamas is responsible. If they weren’t a bunch of cockroaches hiding behind babies this would all be over already.

If the people are armed they should do what they can to take Hamas out so Hamas stops making them into targets.

Is it going to take a Deborah? Is it going to take a Jael?

The US trying to claim a moral highground or express moral outrage over such issues is simply hilarious. But yes of course what Israel is doing is genocide. Just like Israel as a modern state was founded on literal genocide when they stole Palestine. With help and sanction from the US and UK, of course.

Honestly I have no words to even express my dismay at your level of ignorance and evil here. This may be something of a breaking point. You are entirely trapped within the false dialectics and propaganda systems. I expected more from you. A lot more.

What an utterly simplistic superficial partisan response. Hamas is responsible for the atrocities they commit. They’re still holding hostages after all. There’s no excuse for what they did and are continuing to do. But, Israel is responsible for its atrocities as well. Obviously. If you read the documentation I supplied you’ll see that the human shield argument is totally inadequate to account for the level Israel’s indiscriminate killing of noncombatants.

Deborah? Jael? So you’re a Christian Zionist and this is a holy war in Gaza? That would explain your unrealistic biased responses.

Have you seen it from the perspective of people who actually do call it a holy war? A jihad?

Israel is inviting of all religions.

She is just trying to defend herself.

If you go outside her borders you see all religions being persecuted except (and by) a very limited few.

The way the smear goes is you hide behind a baby and then blame the other guy for blowing it up when they were only trying to blow you up & stop you from hiding behind more babies.

Maybe you could provide some specific examples where innocent civilians were intentionally targeted (indiscriminately??? sketchy) and not the terrorists that were hiding among them.

What would be the point of that?

There’s no point . You have ignored the Human rights Watch Oxfam report that I posted. You’re acting as if it’s possible to persuade you with reasonable arguments when in fact that would violate your zealous Biblical faith.

The Bible is full of examples of the people being disciplined for doing stupid crap. So yeah it would be biblical.

You missed how “fair and balanced” my first reply to you was. Read the link.

“Herself”? “Israel is willing?” “Israel does nothing…” To you Israel is a holy woman—a Saint with a singular will. You’re pretending to be rational about this as if anyone could persuade you otherwise with arguments or facts without causing you to have a crisis of faith.

From where do you think a crisis of faith would originate pertaining to this?

Why? Do you have a conspiracy theory you want to air? It’s off-topic. You could start a new thread.

I think if we keep having an ill-informed discussion about it that doesn’t acknowledge the perspectives of all involved, it’ll eventually just solve itself.

Or we could try my idea.

Unless you have a better one.

Yes—watch this: https://youtu.be/6-vzy4tYfaI?si=-alsCw11nHMTGUpL

The link is working for me. I may not be able to watch it until later tonight or tomorrow.

1 Like

Too bad. The film documents the 30 year historical background leading up to the current war in Gaza.

@felix_dakat: I copy/pasted the video title and found a few uploads that are available here…

I’m not sure if the ceasefire has been enacted, but I think it’s what the majority of the world want/think it the morally-best thing to do… it doesn’t matter what we think, individually. :woman_shrugging: