Celebrating Four Thousand Years Of World Religions.

I see some kind of judgement day on the horizon

here is why society will soon fall off the cliff:
You know, if we understand one question rightly, all questions are answered. But we don’t know how to ask the right question. To ask the right question demands a great deal of intelligence and sensitivity. Here is a question, a fundamental question: is life a torture? It is, as it is; and man has lived in this torture centuries upon centuries, from ancient history to the present day, in agony, in despair, in sorrow; and he doesn’t find a way out of it. Therefore he invents gods, churches, all the rituals, and all that nonsense, or he escapes in different ways. What we are trying to do, during all these discussions and talks here, is to see if we cannot radically bring about a transformation of the mind, not accept things as they are, nor revolt against them. Revolt doesn’t answer a thing. You must understand it, go into it, examine it, give your heart and your mind, with everything that you have, to find out a way of living differently. That depends on you, and not on someone else, because in this there is no teacher, no pupil; there is no leader; there is no guru; there is no Master, no Saviour. You yourself are the teacher and the pupil; you are the Master; you are the guru; you are the leader; you are everything. And to understand is to transform what is. I think that will be enough, won’t it? – Jiddu Krishnamurti

Isn’t authority the same “modus operandi” for parenting? In other words, would you place parental authority among “fictional abstractions”?

I’m sure government authorities rather arrogantly and obnoxiously looks at its citizens as children but no I find such a position to be completely ridiculous.

The same could be said for a priest that looks upon their parishioners as their flock or sheep to shepherd.

Glozis look upon their “parishioners” as their “flock” or “sheep” to “shepherds”. They want their “flock” or “sheep” to be brainwashed and to eat all the poison (get more and more into illness) they have to buy (get more and more into debt).

The hands and arms of that “big brother” look a bit like the hands and arms of a man who suffers from gout.

The attack here is on all forms of authority. I’m merely suggesting that parental authority may be needed by children and religious tyros. “How will they know without a teacher?” Self reliance may be a positive attribute; but it cannot be the total outlook on human reality–that’s solipsism.

Give unto Caesar what is Caesar’s…

For god so beloved his children that he rewarded them with eternal hell and damnation…:sunglasses:

A glimpse into contemporary modern America…

[Photos taken by The Joker]

Not even all so-called religious people believe this.

They don’t? Are you so sure?

Yep. I know some who do not believe in hell as traditionally taught. And I am one of these.

Well, that doesn’t change that a majority still do believe in it where my comment still stands.

As I often say–comparing an eternity of reward or punishment to anything done in this fly speck of individual human existence makes the punishment unequal to the crime. A god who would condemn any man to an eternity of punishment knows nothing of what it means to be mortal and temporal.
A God who would send you to hell for being who and what you are deserves to be laughed off the stage.

youtube.com/watch?v=dBH0ywUUx5k

I was just watching this video.

It now seems to me that Buddhism is quite corrupt.

Well, all the major three monotheistic religions seem to agree upon it. What religion do you adhere to?

All religions are corrupt.

Not all religions are corrupt. That’s an anal retentive dumb assessment of all spiritual quests and their expressions.

I would say 99 percent of religions are corrupt, the only exception being the religion of Trixie.

I knew this one “healer” type, a “namaste” kind of gal, said she was all about healing and shit, yet could care less when I was in level 10 pain at the hospital…

Dude, they’re all like that, all those spiritual chicks are fake as fuck.

Tried some of that reiki shit, did she?