Antitheism

Serve yourself.

Fuck God.

God and religion has done nothing for me.

Ancient human beings by far didn’t enslave each other the way we do to each other now.

Ancient human beings were by far more freer and independent compared to how we exist now also.

Concerning modern living standards we pay for it in servitude, alienation, isolation, and lack of independence. I’d rather have neolithic living standards.

It doesn’t matter anyways given that modern civilization will end up in total annihilation due to war or the global energy crisis anyways.

I have no faith in the religion of modernity.

Actually, my impression is that only a minority of non-religious people think it’s bad that other people are religious. This minority is just very loud. It seems that religious people and most non-religious people tend to agree that religion does something useful for the people who practice; those who think it’s some sort of scourge on society seem to be either ill-informed or venting their frustration about something else on religion.
My opinion is that religions of the world are so different from each other that it’s borderline incoherent to ask whether or not religion as a whole is good or bad.

Religion and the state are the primary causes of central organized tyranny worldwide.

With love,

Anarchist atheists from around the world.

Oh, and incidentally it was religion historically that gave rise to the state.

Anybody remember pharoahs?

The rise of the state depended or more that religion, and the Pharaohs never had the last word on the rise of the state.
The rise of the state is not recorded by history.

Theism is implicit in faith, because to believe you have longer than one week to live, is the exact same logic used to presume that you will live in an “afterlife”. Technically a god would open the possibility for immortality, or at least, a life lasting longer than a week or a day or ten minutes from now.

Why are you so convinced that you have longer than a week to live? If you really understood the nature of death, then why aren’t you preparing for the end? How much time do you have?

You believe, you have religious and theistic faith, that you will live longer than ten minutes, a day, a week. That’s your religious belief at work. Your faith in your own life.

I disagree with this, 1000 years ago, slavery was more “honest” but also more brutal. Instead of pretending slaves are “human beings”, today, and treating slaves with compassion, today, slaves used to receive horrendous beatings, lashings, and tortures, just for being slaves. Slaves are treated much better today, due to the spread of judaeo christianity, which appeals so popularly among slaves due to ideals of fair treatment and justice.

I’d rather have brutal honesty than soft coated lies.

Slaves are treated better?

A well fed slave is still just a slave.

Ignore the definitions.

It’s all good, who needs them?

This forum… ](*,)

“Theism” is one particular “theory”. “Theological Faith” is the maintaining compliance with that theory, “sticking with the theory’s plan”. “Anti-theism” is attacking that theory and inspiring others to go dismiss their faith in that plan.

In the long run, it is never about truth, but about political alliance and loyalties. Truth is merely something to use as a lure when loyalty was the aim … for both theism AND anti-theism.

Wizard claims one can’t have faith without theism.

One can have faith in the context he gave, without theism. As highlighted by the definitions posted earlier.

Upon seeing this, he ignores it and continues to assert the claim.

I don’t see why I should bother communicating with a person who responds as such.

Every instance of faith represents an underlying theism. No theism, no faith, no belief.

You believe the sun will rise tomorrow, why? You don’t know that it will. You merely believe that it will. You have faith in science and “facts”. You have an underlying theism at play, without realizing it. You don’t realize what you believe in. You don’t realize the nature of your own faith. You don’t recognize the beliefs that you have within you, that you refuse to disbelieve. Can you disbelieve the sun will rise tomorrow? Can you disbelieve in gravity? Can you disbelieve in existence? Go ahead and try.

It is through the beliefs that you cannot doubt, that represent your underlying faith and theism. That is your metaphysics. That is your value system and moral judgment.

Every person has belief in things, even Joker. Just because you don’t admit to it, doesn’t mean you don’t have it. You do have it. And denying it, doesn’t change anything.

I’ve given a definition of theism.

You haven’t.

I’m losing respect for you rapidly.

As if your respect is worth anything to begin with?

A philosopher controls his own definitions of concepts. You expose how little you know about faith and theism. I have more important students to teach, before your turn.

:smiley:

I’ve seen all I need to see from you,

Best wishes

As I said, no theism, no faith. The core of all faith always comes from an inner theistic ideology.

Ultimately faith/hope is a response to doubt/fear. Every biological organism with an evolved neural system, a brain or mind, has a basic fear/hope response to stimuli.

Doubt represents fear (negative value judgment). Faith represents hope (positive value judgment).

That says the moderator of the subforum “Religion and Spirituality”. :laughing:

Excuse me, Dan, but I can’t believ what you are saying, although or because you are also saying that you were being “sarcastic”.

Is the moderartor of the philosophical subforum “Philosophy” an anti-philosopher?
Is the moderartor of the philosophical subforum “Society, Government, and Economics” an anti-social moron, an egomaniac idiot?
Is the moderartor of the philosophical subforum “Science, Technology, and Math” an anti-scientist, an anti-technologist, an anti-mathematician?
Is the moderartor of the philosophical subforum “Psychology and Mind” an anti-psychological moron, an mindless sociopath?
Is the moderartor of the philosophical subforum “Religion and Spirituality” an anti-religious and anti-spiritual peacock, a foolish godwannabe?

Maybe or even probably.

So maybe or even probably “I love philosophy” really means “I hate philosophy”.

Should my ILP membership be thought over?

How do you know that? Who told you that? The Nietzscheanists? The other nihilists?

I invite you to come to Europe because Europe has almost no real Christians anymore. So according to your statements Europe would have to be a paradisie. Funny, because the reverse is right. Again: Come to Europe! For example and very especially: Come to France which is almost islamic and voodoo-like, just “delicious”.

Do you believe in that, in that expectant new religion? If you really had learned from the history of religion you would have come to a different conclusion. Science is no cure-all, no universal remedy. Currently science is on the best way to become a new religion. Do you believe that will be a “better” religion?

Darwinistically we evolved from the apes, okay, but Anti-Darwinistically, thus culturally, we evolved from the throw(ing) (| => # || => #).

Science became a new theology long ago, even before it could try to become a new religion. Newton’s “laws” are as theological as God’s “laws” in the “good old” religious times of Christianity, and as Allah’s “laws” (you don’t believe? then ask the “Christian” French!).

Today the Christians are similar to those scientists who were persecuted by the Christians in the 15th, in the 16th, in the 17th, and in the eraly 18th century, especially from the middle or late 16th to the early 18th century when the Catholic Anti-Reformation persecuted scientists.

Right. And anti-theism is just another theism. Anti-theism always refers to theism. Interestringly, the history shows us that a-theism has always behaved like an anti-theism, thus also like another theism. Theory and theism belong together. So if you want to attack theism, then you also attack science.

A muslim knows that theism and theory are related, that they are very similar to each other, probably he even says that they are “the same” because his culture is one of the most religious cultures of all time.

There has never been a culture without any religion and theology. But when cultures decline religion and theology have to decline as well - this seems to be a declining “law”.

Are you sure?

Don’t think that religion will be destroyed just because Christianity will be destroyed. That’s an dangerous, fatal error. And if you want to destroy Occidental values and traditions why don’t you start with science which is one of the most typical Occidental forms but not the Christianity which is also and even originally an Oriental form?

Sarcastic?

Arminius is too perceptive for you, Dan~

Your filthy lies don’t get past him.

He knows you weren’t being sarcastic!

Golden bullet.

It’s run by these antitheist scum!

How could the humble theist hope for well balanced communication?

[/sarcasm]

====

Wizard,

As James says here,

There’s more types of faith than just “Theological Faith”.

You conflated “Theological Faith” with all other types of faith.

That is your mistake.

You’re unwilling to define the terms, because as soon as you do, your error will become apparent.

I’m willing to define my terms, but for whom? Only for a few, not everybody.