Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby iambiguous » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:13 pm

Maia wrote:
iambiguous wrote:From the dictionary:

Ghost: "an apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image."

Please note some examples of the many other things they can be.

Also, given that you have been blind from birth, it just struck me that you started this thread not in order to discuss the existence of such things as ghosts, but in order to engage those who have seen one and are able to describe them for you visually. As though you yourself have experienced the presense of a ghost in other ways but were not able to see it.

Maia wrote: UFOs also seem to fall into the same category of apparitions, judging by the strangeness of most of the reports.


Yes, for many reasons -- mental afflictions, drugs, hallucinations -- someone might claim to have seen a UFO that wasn't really there at all. But, while, from my frame of mind here and now, in not believing in an afterlife, the existence of ghosts is not true, others who believe that it is true either are able or not able to demonstrate to me that they are the real deal.

What people believe in their head about things is not nearly as important as what they can in fact prove empirically, materially, phenomenally is the real deal.

But that's just me.


A ghost, for example. might be a spirit that has never been a living person, or a thought-form. Whether this would be a "ghost" in the dictionary sense is less important than the manifestation itself.


Nope, no manifestations of what I think you mean by that in my own life.

Maia wrote:Yes, that's correct. I started this thread to ask for visual descriptions of ghosts and other strange phenomena, since I've had unusual experiences myself of a non-visual nature. In particular, disembodied voices, sounds and smells.


Again, my own interest in these things revolves more around the extent to which someone is able to demonstrate to me that what they experienced was not just in their head, but was connected to something that does in fact exist but is not embodied.

Human ghosts in particular because if I can be persuaded that they do exist, I might be less likely to believe that when I die, I merely tumble over into the abyss that is oblivion.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 43305
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Maia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:17 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Nope, no manifestations of what I think you mean by that in my own life.

Maia wrote:Yes, that's correct. I started this thread to ask for visual descriptions of ghosts and other strange phenomena, since I've had unusual experiences myself of a non-visual nature. In particular, disembodied voices, sounds and smells.


Again, my own interest in these things revolves more around the extent to which someone is able to demonstrate to me that what they experienced was not just in their head, but was connected to something that does in fact exist but is not embodied.

Human ghosts in particular because if I can be persuaded that they do exist, I might be less likely to believe that when I die, I merely tumble over into the abyss that is oblivion.


I don't think it's anyone else's job to try and persuade you of that. You need to convince yourself through your own experience.
User avatar
Maia
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am
Location: UK

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby FreeSpirit1983 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:24 pm

Maia wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Nope, no manifestations of what I think you mean by that in my own life.

Maia wrote:Yes, that's correct. I started this thread to ask for visual descriptions of ghosts and other strange phenomena, since I've had unusual experiences myself of a non-visual nature. In particular, disembodied voices, sounds and smells.


Again, my own interest in these things revolves more around the extent to which someone is able to demonstrate to me that what they experienced was not just in their head, but was connected to something that does in fact exist but is not embodied.

Human ghosts in particular because if I can be persuaded that they do exist, I might be less likely to believe that when I die, I merely tumble over into the abyss that is oblivion.


I don't think it's anyone else's job to try and persuade you of that. You need to convince yourself through your own experience.


Exactly.

He should pray and see what happens, as I've suggested to iambiguous in other threads.
"Pray, hope and don't worry."

- Saint Padre Pio
FreeSpirit1983
Thinker
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:23 am
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Maia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:34 pm

FreeSpirit1983 wrote:
Exactly.

He should pray and see what happens, as I've suggested to iambiguous in other threads.


My own suggestion has revolved more around him doing simple rituals, but whatever works, I suppose. Each person's path is different.
User avatar
Maia
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am
Location: UK

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:34 pm

FS,

Maia is already being possessed.

When you hear voices and have the sensory experiences of other beings... that’s possession.

She seems to be not bothered by it yet.

Our term for demons is not possession, it’s negative experiences with possessions.

If Maia wants to explore the wonder of other spirits living with her soul, and they’re not tormenting her...

Let her do it.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Maia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:47 pm

Ecmandu wrote:FS,

Maia is already being possessed.

When you hear voices and have the sensory experiences of other beings... that’s possession.

She seems to be not bothered by it yet.

Our term for demons is not possession, it’s negative experiences with possessions.

If Maia wants to explore the wonder of other spirits living with her soul, and they’re not tormenting her...

Let her do it.


The spirits are connected to specific places, rather than to me.
User avatar
Maia
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am
Location: UK

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Oh, that’s right, I forgot you said that Maia.

My worst possession (besides the deepest darkest hell realms - which is hard to describe - I probably could describe it, but don’t feel like it)

Anyways... my worst possession in THIS world, was a shapeshifter demon that made me 8 inches taller ... this is impossible to hallucinate !!! You cannot hallucinate being 8 inches taller !!!

Anyways, right before this happened a female spirit entered me and danced my body like I’d been taking dance lessons for decades (I don’t dance). It was insane... and then she told me that the whole meaning of life was to be joyous... then she left me to the only spirit that gave a shit about me... this spirit made me eat dirt and spit it out... then it slammed my forehead at a window (but the spirits made it plastic so it couldn’t break)

Then it took off my clothes. It walked about 4 blocks and forces me to bow to “my maker” who was totally invisible.

Then it marched me back home and grabbed the gardening sheers and proceeded to chop my penis off.

It drew some blood, but stopped.

And then it went away.

My neighbors found my clothes a few blocks away and gave them back to me.

Now... the hell realms are actually worse than this.

But it was my worst possession.
Last edited by Ecmandu on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby FreeSpirit1983 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:06 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Oh, that’s right, I forgot you said that Maia.

My worst possession (besides the deepest darkest hell realms - which is hard to describe - I probably could describe it, but don’t feel like it)

Anyways... my worst possession in THIS world, was a shapeshifter demon that made me 8 inches taller ... this is impossible to hallucinate !!! You cannot hallucinate being 8 inches taller !!!

Anyways, right before this happened a female spirit entered me and danced my body like I’d been taking dance lessons for decades (I don’t dance). It was insane... and then she told me that the whole meaning of life was to be joyous... then she left me to the only spirit that gave a shit about me... this spirit made me eat dirt and spit it out... then it slammed my forehead at a window (but the spirits made it plastic so it couldn’t break)

Then it took off my clothes. It walked about 4 blocks and forces me to bow to “my maker” who was totally invisible.

Then it marched me back home and grabbed the gardening sheers and proceeded to chip my penis off.

It drew some blood, but stopped.

And then it went away.

My neighbors found my clothes a few blocks away and gave them back to me.

Now... the hell realms are actually worse than this.

But it was my worst possession.



Did you ever try going to a Church during this?
"Pray, hope and don't worry."

- Saint Padre Pio
FreeSpirit1983
Thinker
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:23 am
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:11 pm

I hate the fucking church.

There’s a certain point in your life where you have to make a moral decision.

I decided being mutilated by possessions was better than the church.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:33 pm

Ecmandu wrote:I hate the fucking church.

There’s a certain point in your life where you have to make a moral decision.

I decided being mutilated by possessions was better than the church.


I’ll tell you something. The devil and I used to hang out a lot. He was ‘human’. Not just voices in the head. We did this at 7am sharp every morning for almost 2 years.

The devil doesn’t like people, but is apolitical.

When I told this story to the devil ...

It’s response was... you must REALLY hate the church to endure this!!

I replied, “yes, they are trying to patent salvation”
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby FreeSpirit1983 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:34 pm

Ecmandu wrote:I hate the fucking church.

There’s a certain point in your life where you have to make a moral decision.

I decided being mutilated by possessions was better than the church.


Why, besides the sinful nature of some church goers?
"Pray, hope and don't worry."

- Saint Padre Pio
FreeSpirit1983
Thinker
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:23 am
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:40 pm

FreeSpirit1983 wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I hate the fucking church.

There’s a certain point in your life where you have to make a moral decision.

I decided being mutilated by possessions was better than the church.


Why, besides the sinful nature of some church goers?



That’s laughable ... what do you know about sin?

God is trying to patent our left and right hands...

The son on the right, the mother on the left... and sits on a fucking throne forever as king.

That’s mindblowingly sinful.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:58 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
FreeSpirit1983 wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I hate the fucking church.

There’s a certain point in your life where you have to make a moral decision.

I decided being mutilated by possessions was better than the church.


Why, besides the sinful nature of some church goers?



That’s laughable ... what do you know about sin?

God is trying to patent our left and right hands...

The son on the right, the mother on the left... and sits on a fucking throne forever as king.

That’s mindblowingly sinful.


Do you believe in rules and boundaries?
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9544
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Dance Floor

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:27 pm

Interesting question Wendy.

The Bible and Buddha teach “test all things”

That’s a horrible teaching.

Anyone with an ounce of compassion for others have millions of things that they won’t test.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Maia » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:18 am

Ecmandu wrote:Oh, that’s right, I forgot you said that Maia.

My worst possession (besides the deepest darkest hell realms - which is hard to describe - I probably could describe it, but don’t feel like it)

Anyways... my worst possession in THIS world, was a shapeshifter demon that made me 8 inches taller ... this is impossible to hallucinate !!! You cannot hallucinate being 8 inches taller !!!

Anyways, right before this happened a female spirit entered me and danced my body like I’d been taking dance lessons for decades (I don’t dance). It was insane... and then she told me that the whole meaning of life was to be joyous... then she left me to the only spirit that gave a shit about me... this spirit made me eat dirt and spit it out... then it slammed my forehead at a window (but the spirits made it plastic so it couldn’t break)

Then it took off my clothes. It walked about 4 blocks and forces me to bow to “my maker” who was totally invisible.

Then it marched me back home and grabbed the gardening sheers and proceeded to chop my penis off.

It drew some blood, but stopped.

And then it went away.

My neighbors found my clothes a few blocks away and gave them back to me.

Now... the hell realms are actually worse than this.

But it was my worst possession.


Sounds a bit scary. But it's probably fear that they're living off.
User avatar
Maia
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am
Location: UK

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:45 am

Well I have an extremely powerful “death mind”

For lack of a better term.

I became the emissary of death itself to this world.

I didn’t go to Jesus.

I went to beauty and love for others and life itself.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:52 am

Ecmandu wrote:Interesting question Wendy.

The Bible and Buddha teach “test all things”

That’s a horrible teaching.

Anyone with an ounce of compassion for others have millions of things that they won’t test.


I didn’t see a specific answer. Yes or no?
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9544
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Dance Floor

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:55 am

WendyDarling wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Interesting question Wendy.

The Bible and Buddha teach “test all things”

That’s a horrible teaching.

Anyone with an ounce of compassion for others have millions of things that they won’t test.


I didn’t see a specific answer. Yes or no?


I don’t know a being without boundaries. It’s what makes a being a being.

Is that straight forward enough?

Every known possible being in existence has what I call “a consent structure”. They individually know what does and does not violate their individual consent.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:45 am

Ecmandu wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Interesting question Wendy.

The Bible and Buddha teach “test all things”

That’s a horrible teaching.

Anyone with an ounce of compassion for others have millions of things that they won’t test.


I didn’t see a specific answer. Yes or no?


I don’t know a being without boundaries. It’s what makes a being a being.

Is that straight forward enough?

Every known possible being in existence has what I call “a consent structure”. They individually know what does and does not violate their individual consent.


I’ll expound upon this story. Nah... I shouldn’t tell the part about taking all the souls to that place (which I decided against!)

I’ll tell this story.

My mother is the reason you’re all still on an earth plane. At some point in my life it dawned on me that she was the most valuable thing to me.

She always fought for me.

Spirit after spirit after spirit... great names and small were thrown at me.

But ultimately the decision was made because of my mother... not the fame, not the glory. Just very simple.

There are tons of things she currently disagrees with me on, and I’m not trying to convert her.

But when I truly understood that her love mattered.

I resurrected the entire world.

I didn’t know what love was. After all, I was deaths emissary.

But I’ll explain this to you.

Don’t give a shit about the big names.

The person right in front of you is all that matters.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:19 am

Ecmandu wrote:
I’ll expound upon this story. Nah... I shouldn’t tell the part about taking all the souls to that place (which I decided against!)

I’ll tell this story.

My mother is the reason you’re all still on an earth plane. At some point in my life it dawned on me that she was the most valuable thing to me.

She always fought for me.

Spirit after spirit after spirit... great names and small were thrown at me.

But ultimately the decision was made because of my mother... not the fame, not the glory. Just very simple.

There are tons of things she currently disagrees with me on, and I’m not trying to convert her.

But when I truly understood that her love mattered.

I resurrected the entire world.

I didn’t know what love was. After all, I was deaths emissary.

But I’ll explain this to you.

Don’t give a shit about the big names.

The person right in front of you is all that matters.


Date and time you resurrected the entire world?
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9544
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Dance Floor

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:06 am

It was in 2014.

Death made a deal with me that if I agreed to make trump president that the world would be resurrected.
Meant nothing to me. I was like “sure, this nobody who is off my radar?”

Turns out I’m the only being on earth capable of resurrecting a world. (Didn’t know that at the time - but death knew it! Death tricked me.)

We shook on it, and death used my spirit to make most the US insane.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:21 am

And by the way...

Not only am I not falling for that trick anymore, death is on my radar now. And death knows it.

I was the emissary of death on earth.

I’m not anymore.

Not only that, I went cosmic.

Which death is too.

These feuds are stupid.

It sounds great, but no, they’re stupid.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:16 pm

Actually...

I crashed the entire system in 2007.

Strange how this always happens before president elections. But then again, I was still deaths emissary back then. At that point, I remember when it happened, I spoke absolute lack of love with a fury, and then suddenly all the message boards died.

The message board I was on at the time became scrambled... it was obvious to see. That’s when death took over the world... started moving us like machines to bend to its will... to make life in its image.

There were certainly billions of holdouts.

I don’t know if I’d call that a planet resurrection though.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:33 pm

The 2007 thing was my first resurrection.

I was poisoned to death. My oversoul came into my body and said with great power that “I don’t ever want to see this happen again!” It touched the ground and brought me back to life.

But even then, I was still deaths emissary.

Spirits were scared shitless of me.

Making friends through fear is not relationship.

These stories are kinda stupid when I look back on them. If life was that great, everything I know today would have been taught long before I was even born.

That’s the death side of me talking.

The life side of me talking is that ignorance is a ticket out. Just don’t push it. Don’t TRY to be ignorant once you know that.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:22 pm

I’ll even go a little further.

My job as deaths emissary was to put blood on everyone’s hands.

That was my sole job.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12978
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron