Poll runs till Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:01 am

1) No.
42%
2) Yes.
58%

Total votes : 19

Renewing the Moderation?

Postby Great Again » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:01 am

Do you have any suggestions on how to renew the moderation here, which seems to not exist?
Warning or banning should be judged by moderators, right?
Or we denounce others to Carleas, who then judges accordingly. Many already do that anyway.
But can and should we not better design the moderation?
Or should we just let it go on? The world is heading for chaos anyway.
Are there no problems with the moderation?
How would you answer the questions?
Great Again

Re: Renewing the Moderation?

Postby Otto » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:03 am

Oh, I'm the first to comment. That makes me very happy. :D

I voted "no". So I would not renew the moderation of ILP. leave it as it is.
Otto

Postby Meno_ » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:57 am

Ok ill go along with that
Meno_
breathless

Postby Great Again » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:12 am

Meno_ wrote:Ok ill go along with that

Did you vote?
Great Again

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:39 pm

I voted "Yes". I suspect most people on this board don't want any kind of moderation.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby Great Again » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:00 am

Perhaps they wish for a better moderation, but have realized that a better moderation is not possible here.
Great Again

Postby Magnus Anderson » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:19 pm

I doubt it. I think they really prefer no moderation.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby Kathrina » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:26 am

I prefer strict moderation and especially strict moderation against trolls.

Also, insults can be detected early enough. The same applies to the aspect of who started the insult. It is quite easy to determine who it was who first insulted.

So I voted "yes".
ImageImageImageImage
Kathrina

Postby Great Again » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:46 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:I doubt it. I think they really prefer no moderation.

According to the voting result, 63% want to renew the moderation.

Renewing_the_Moderation.jpg
Renewing_the_Moderation.jpg (42.6 KiB) Viewed 838 times

And because we already have almost no moderation at all, I don't assume that those 63% want even less or no moderation at all. I believe quite clearly that they want more moderation.
Great Again

Postby Sleyor Wellhuxwell » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:59 am

I voted "yes", although I am not for a big control, as you can imagine.

In the US, everyone seems to be fighting everyone (as in Hobbes' time in England) - the differences are in the technical and economic possibilities as well as in the composition of the society and the age of the culture. In the USA skin colors fight against one skin color, upper and lower class against middle class, women against men, young against old, atheists and non-Christians against Christians, left against right, "progressives" against conservatives, homosexuals and transsexuals against heterosexuals. (Soon also machines against humans? Or again animals against humans?). Although, no because we are doing so well, everybody is fighting everybody.

But this is not unique to the US, it is true wherever there are Westerners. This is not a coincidence. In the USA it is - at the moment in any case - only worse than in the other nations of the West.

The Internet "promised" so much in the beginning and not only failed to deliver on any of that promise but brought more and more autism, asociality, lack of independence, dictatorship, censorship, prohibition, banning.

The reason why almost no moderation can be found here is that almost no one wants to have and show responsibility out of fear. Maybe Carleas is already in prison? For us (is he like Jesus on the cross?)?

The fear goes around.
Sleyor Wellhuxwell

Postby Meno_ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:13 pm

Great Again wrote:
Meno_ wrote:Ok ill go along with that

Did you vote?

Yes, just now I voted no, because let the various levels of judgement draw their variously perceived points of view.

Points of view are are very impressionable, anyway they usually react to paradigms of judgement and usually they do not consist intrinsic value.
Meno_
breathless

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:23 pm

Great Again wrote:According to the voting result, 63% want to renew the moderation.

You seem to be right (:

On the other hand, 61% does not want to ban Polish Youth.
https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=196713
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby Great Again » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:19 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:
Great Again wrote:According to the voting result, 63% want to renew the moderation.

You seem to be right (:

The trend is still in the direction that most ILP members want a renewal of the moderation.

Renewing_the_Moderation_.jpg
Renewing_the_Moderation_.jpg (62.88 KiB) Viewed 594 times

Magnus Anderson wrote:On the other hand, 61% does not want to ban Polish Youth.
https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=196713

Most ILP members love trolls. Unfortunately.
Great Again

Postby encode_decode » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:44 pm

Sleyor Wellhuxwell wrote:I voted "yes", although I am not for a big control, as you can imagine.

In the US, everyone seems to be fighting everyone (as in Hobbes' time in England) - the differences are in the technical and economic possibilities as well as in the composition of the society and the age of the culture. In the USA skin colors fight against one skin color, upper and lower class against middle class, women against men, young against old, atheists and non-Christians against Christians, left against right, "progressives" against conservatives, homosexuals and transsexuals against heterosexuals. (Soon also machines against humans? Or again animals against humans?). Although, no because we are doing so well, everybody is fighting everybody.

But this is not unique to the US, it is true wherever there are Westerners. This is not a coincidence. In the USA it is - at the moment in any case - only worse than in the other nations of the West.

The Internet "promised" so much in the beginning and not only failed to deliver on any of that promise but brought more and more autism, asociality, lack of independence, dictatorship, censorship, prohibition, banning.

The reason why almost no moderation can be found here is that almost no one wants to have and show responsibility out of fear. Maybe Carleas is already in prison? For us (is he like Jesus on the cross?)?

The fear goes around.

Does autism really have as much to do with it as you think? I would suggest most of the people that appear autistic are just fucking idiots and/or sociopaths.
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby Sleyor Wellhuxwell » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:40 pm

encode_decode wrote:
Sleyor Wellhuxwell wrote:I voted "yes", although I am not for a big control, as you can imagine.

The fear goes around.

Does autism really have as much to do with it as you think? I would suggest most of the people that appear autistic are just fucking idiots and/or sociopaths.

I used the words "autism" and "asociality", you used the word "idiots" and "sociopaths", so I think that we are in agreement.
Sleyor Wellhuxwell

Postby Sculptor » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:50 pm

Kathrina wrote:I prefer strict moderation and especially strict moderation against trolls.

So I voted "yes".

You are like a turkey voting for xmas.
Sculptor

Postby encode_decode » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:58 pm

:banana-dance:
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby encode_decode » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:59 pm

:banana-jumprope:
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:08 am

this free speech land love it or leave it
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Magnus Anderson » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:56 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:this free speech land love it or leave it

The bolded is most likely the reason people don't want this (and any other) forum to be moderated (:
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby Sculptor » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:39 pm

So who the fuck is Carleas?
Is he a ghost?
Sculptor

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:56 pm

He's a spook. An autistic spook cunt :mrgreen:
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby Great Again » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:47 pm

Who would dare to be an ILP moderator?
Great Again

Postby MagsJ » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:07 pm

_
Do we even need moderation? The current ILP ethos would suggest otherwise, that we don’t.

We are moderators unto ourselves and unto each other.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:52 am

Sculptor wrote:So who the fuck is Carleas?
Is he a ghost?

he's the stone cold pimp that runs this joint
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Next

Return to Meta