Where is the Angle to Philosophy?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Where is the Angle to Philosophy?

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:41 am

Philosophy: to be involved or not to be involved
Parodites chooses not to be involved. This has led him "astray" from where I stand; I am not a Buddha, I do not renounce what is not only mine to experience.
We are tied in this web by - what the invisible strings of our values.
Indirectly we are tied to one another, as agents moving toward the same values.

Reason contradicts this.

Philosophy can not abandon reason, obviously - but it must contradict its accomplishments. Not as a beginning tactic - that would be foolish - but as its own accomplishment; it must add to reason from the Outside -
and not, as Parodites and Ollie seem to presume, from the inside.
The Being is the inside of itself, but the being is not sufficient to philosophy.
Like the mafia, philosophy is a transgenerational syndicate.
The most secret of syndicates, as it is the most well-cyphered.

But I digress.

Value.

Oh no dont stop reading.

Isnt it?

So how can you make the knowledge that philosophy is about value into a value, into something valuable, powerful?

Thats what Im coming to terms with. Valuing as such as the primordial involvement.

Involvement in the Matrix.

Primordial involvement, Ill say that again.
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Before the Light - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magickal Tree of Life Academy

Image
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Where is the Angle to Philosophy?

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:49 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Philosophy: to be involved or not to be involved
Parodites chooses not to be involved. This has led him "astray" from where I stand; I am not a Buddha, I do not renounce what is not only mine to experience.
We are tied in this web by - what the invisible strings of our values.
Indirectly we are tied to one another, as agents moving toward the same values.

Reason contradicts this.

Philosophy can not abandon reason, obviously - but it must contradict its accomplishments. Not as a beginning tactic - that would be foolish - but as its own accomplishment; it must add to reason from the Outside -
and not, as Parodites and Ollie seem to presume, from the inside.
The Being is the inside of itself, but the being is not sufficient to philosophy.
Like the mafia, philosophy is a transgenerational syndicate.
The most secret of syndicates, as it is the most well-cyphered.

But I digress.

Value.

Oh no dont stop reading.

Isnt it?

So how can you make the knowledge that philosophy is about value into a value, into something valuable, powerful?

Thats what Im coming to terms with. Valuing as such as the primordial involvement.

Involvement in the Matrix.

Primordial involvement, Ill say that again.


K:I was interested until you mentioned the Matrix.. then you lost me....
talk about the Matrix is just babble about nothing.. it means and says nothing..

you could and should just say, gobblegook and be done with it..

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9393
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Where is the Angle to Philosophy?

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:50 am

I am no Buddhist. Ive been there, in the Zen, in the great majestic Void of pure ecstatic open focused sublimacy and Ill never abandon that technique. Following your own thoughts back to the origin by observing their consecution, like traveling back in time into the Medulla and the brainstem where, when observant consciousness meets this point of dark mind and crosses that abyss by sheer patience of concentrated focus on the back end of each consecutive thought-shred or discerned feeling, the consciousness explodes into pure being. I like all that. But there is no reason in it why one should renounce the world. The world is an excellent vehicle for an alert mind, a mind that has superseded itself and is using itself as a tool to bring enlightenment around it.
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Before the Light - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magickal Tree of Life Academy

Image
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Where is the Angle to Philosophy?

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:52 am

Fixed Cross wrote:I am no Buddhist. Ive been there, in the Zen, in the great majestic Void of pure ecstatic open focused sublimacy and Ill never abandon that technique. Following your own thoughts back to the origin by observing their consecution, like traveling back in time into the Medulla and the brainstem where, when observant consciousness meets this point of dark mind and crosses that abyss by sheer patience of concentrated focus on the back end of each consecutive thought-shred or discerned feeling, the consciousness explodes into pure being. I like all that. But there is no reason in it why one should renounce the world. The world is an excellent vehicle for an alert mind, a mind that has superseded itself and is using itself as a tool to bring enlightenment around it.


K: more babbling.. say something that actually has some value to someone...
not gobblegook..... what does this say to the average person? or even one who is
philosophically inclined..... this means nothing.... give it some context...

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9393
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Where is the Angle to Philosophy?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:34 am

There is no disengaging from life.

Thoughts cause and effect existence.

What you think, believe, feel, at any moment, affects others. You cannot wiggle your way out of engaging with life, whether you want to or not.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5155
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Where is the Angle to Philosophy?

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:06 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:There is no disengaging from life.

Thoughts cause and effect existence.

What you think, believe, feel, at any moment, affects others. You cannot wiggle your way out of engaging with life, whether you want to or not.

In a nutshell.
We see above what it means to be entangled against ones will. Slave mentality.
Master mentality is being involved on ones own terms, at least sufficiently so as to experience the world as light, to be free.
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Before the Light - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magickal Tree of Life Academy

Image
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Where is the Angle to Philosophy?

Postby xhightension » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:52 am

Fixed Cross wrote:I am no Buddhist. Ive been there, in the Zen, in the great majestic Void of pure ecstatic open focused sublimacy and Ill never abandon that technique. Following your own thoughts back to the origin by observing their consecution, like traveling back in time into the Medulla and the brainstem where, when observant consciousness meets this point of dark mind and crosses that abyss by sheer patience of concentrated focus on the back end of each consecutive thought-shred or discerned feeling, the consciousness explodes into pure being. I like all that. But there is no reason in it why one should renounce the world. The world is an excellent vehicle for an alert mind, a mind that has superseded itself and is using itself as a tool to bring enlightenment around it.



You provided a bridge. Thank you for this.
Keep smiling, people will want to know what you're up to
User avatar
xhightension
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:01 am
Location: between islands, building bridges

Re: Where is the Angle to Philosophy?

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:02 am

xhightension wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:I am no Buddhist. Ive been there, in the Zen, in the great majestic Void of pure ecstatic open focused sublimacy and Ill never abandon that technique. Following your own thoughts back to the origin by observing their consecution, like traveling back in time into the Medulla and the brainstem where, when observant consciousness meets this point of dark mind and crosses that abyss by sheer patience of concentrated focus on the back end of each consecutive thought-shred or discerned feeling, the consciousness explodes into pure being. I like all that. But there is no reason in it why one should renounce the world. The world is an excellent vehicle for an alert mind, a mind that has superseded itself and is using itself as a tool to bring enlightenment around it.



You provided a bridge. Thank you for this.

You are welcome. Thanks for letting me know.
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Before the Light - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magickal Tree of Life Academy

Image
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships


Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: peacegirl