NEWbies

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

NEWbies

Postby unnatural » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:09 am

Hello to all intelligent and philosophical persons who are reading this! Your community seemed interesting, so i signed up. =D>

But it seems Newbies are some kind of chandala second class citizen. Very disconcerting . :-k
Nevertheless i shall persevere through these trying times.

Imagine my predicament, a lowly and humble newbie, I'm told i cannot post without approval, or private message. Then it is explained i am to contact board bigwigs about this yet! i am denied these very privileges. #-o

Please, can somebody get me of probation here? [-o< Give a guy a break here...

Anyway, this is an interesting site, i just wish i could have participated. I just. wish i. could of. been a. contender!?

Well, I've said what i came to say. And In case you don't ever see me here again... good afternoon, good evening, and good night.
unnatural

Re: NEWbies

Postby Mr J » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:54 pm

This guy sounds fun, somebody should let him over. Dan~? 8)

There's that other new poster fallingstar22 as well.
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Postby Mr J » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:04 pm

Unnatural, I think you need to make like thirty something posts before that annoying or pesky post moderation thing is gone. It sucks, I know. Keep at it.
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:35 pm

Has the required number of posts risen? Used to be five, wasn’t it?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Zeroeth Nature » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:46 pm

Each time Satyr has a new sock puppet it is raised by 1.
"Tragic art [...] is designated as reconciliation of Apollon and Dionysos: appearance [die Erscheinung] is given the most profound significance, through Dionysos: and yet this appearance is negated, and negated with pleasure./[...]/Happiness about existence is only possible as happiness about show [der Schein.]/Happiness about becoming is only possible in annihilation of the real[,] of 'existence', of beautiful semblance [der schöne Anschein], in the pessimistic destruction of illusion./[I]n the annihilation of even the most beautiful show, Dionysian happiness reaches its summit." (Nietzsche, workbook Autumn 1885-Autumn 1886 2 [110], my translation.)
Zeroeth Nature

Postby Carleas » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:20 am

It's a few, I won't say exactly because that promotes gamification, but it doesn't change and it's not that many. And usually I'll manually remove the restriction if someone seems human.

It often feels longer because I forget to check pending posts/there are too many to get through in a sitting. But it's really only intended to catch spam, of which we get a lot.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Return to Meta