Science genius says the governments are slowly killing us wi

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Science genius says the governments are slowly killing us wi

Postby Greatest I am » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:20 pm

Science genius says the governments are slowly killing us with stress.

I know this link is long, but the pertinent information is in the first 15 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... =emb_title

Facts.
The rich control the governments.
https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746
Governments impose poverty and it’s stresses with their regressive and immoral tax control policies. Both income tax and regressive sales and V A Ts.
https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/201 ... egressive/

Stress reduces our life expectancy and causes misery and hardship for the vast majority of us.

Most countries and our oligarch masters are the richest they have ever been and can easily afford to end poverty, should they choose to.

Should our governments and oligarch masters be urged to stop reducing our lifespans by using an immoral tax system when they could easily end poverty?

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Jakob » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:48 am

You can see it as an evolutionary test. An obstacle put in front, before us, by the unintegrated portions of our own nature, which we project our subconscious powers onto, which is what governments are.

They are here to fuck with us, to teach us to rise above reptile level mind, by representing the consequences of the reptile mind and the forces it packs.

What we can do is conjure the spirits that lie dormant as the four elements in our primordial cortex, and begin the alchemy of drawing primal powers away from politics and into our own perspective.

What we get then is the demiurgic dolphin, so to speak.

Trust me, I can make it a whole lot weirder even.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7193
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Greatest I am » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:16 pm

Jakob wrote:You can see it as an evolutionary test. An obstacle put in front, before us, by the unintegrated portions of our own nature, which we project our subconscious powers onto, which is what governments are.

They are here to fuck with us, to teach us to rise above reptile level mind, by representing the consequences of the reptile mind and the forces it packs.

What we can do is conjure the spirits that lie dormant as the four elements in our primordial cortex, and begin the alchemy of drawing primal powers away from politics and into our own perspective.

What we get then is the demiurgic dolphin, so to speak.

Trust me, I can make it a whole lot weirder even.


You have muddied the water enough with your term, thanks. Not so much for me but for others who wont understand you.

The ignorant need something they can understand. They are not esoteric ecumenists like us.

You have not helped the Gnostic Christian cause.

Always good to argue with a Gnostic Christian though.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Tab » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:35 pm

Jesus Christ. Leave some of the kool-aid for everyone else whydontcha.

Means of governance I think are linked to the population capacity they can reasonably govern and maintain social stability. What we see today are the limits of our current system(s) being surpassed.
Image
User avatar
Tab
Deeply Shallow
 
Posts: 8594
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:49 pm

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Greatest I am » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Tab wrote:Jesus Christ. Leave some of the kool-aid for everyone else whydontcha.

Means of governance I think are linked to the population capacity they can reasonably govern and maintain social stability. What we see today are the limits of our current system(s) being surpassed.


I agree.

What is the solution?

A one world government, perhaps?

Whatever it is, it will take world wide cooperation and with so many voices, all we have now is a model of the Babel myth.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby MagsJ » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:45 pm

So being humanitarian backfired, in over-populating the world through humanitarianism, and now?

A one-world government would have to be elected and accountable to the planet, in being transparent.. is that a possible reality within a moderne society GIA?

If not, what would you propose?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 20893
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Tab » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:09 pm

One world AI government. Roll on the singularity. I'm only half-joking tbh.
Image
User avatar
Tab
Deeply Shallow
 
Posts: 8594
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:49 pm

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Greatest I am » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:48 pm

MagsJ wrote:
So being humanitarian backfired, in over-populating the world through humanitarianism, and now?


I did not speak to that as yet, but part of humanitarian services include birth control and family planning and the higher a nation is brought up, the lower the birth rate drops.

A one-world government would have to be elected and accountable to the planet, in being transparent.. is that a possible reality within a modern society GIA?


Absolutely, just as the closest we have to that now, which is the U.N. and some of their world wide programs.

A world government would have local representation, as required, just as countries now do in the U.N.

If not, what would you propose?


One of the impediments to people voting for global governance is giving the citizens a feeling of being able to change laws and maintain control of their economies.

Changing laws should not be a huge problem or hard to overcome as signatories to the U.N. already have a mandate to follow those new laws.

As to the economy, all countries would have to have faith in whatever equalization of economies, if any are required, to insure no particular loss for any country.

Mobility of the work force always seems to be seen as a plus and I have my own views on a better socio economic demographic pyramid, that would be based on worker's and professional guilds instead of just on one's wealth the way most are today.

More and more governments today rule by statistic and advice from demographers. This will increase in the future regardless of what the larger world does.

We are moving into an era that would have Socrates smiling in his grave as he thought that the best form of governments would be manned by professionals and not just whoever the population happened to fancy.

That form of governance is what my view of a one world government would look like.

Managers who hold their position by competence as judged by their peers or guild members as much as, if not more than, an election based on how much a candidate is liked or his military record. Heroes make poor leaders.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Greatest I am » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Tab wrote:One world AI government. Roll on the singularity. I'm only half-joking tbh.


What do you care where your laws are formed as long as you have a say or vote on them?

What do you care where the cash comes from to fix your roads or pay your medical bills?

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Jakob » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:23 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Jakob wrote:You can see it as an evolutionary test. An obstacle put in front, before us, by the unintegrated portions of our own nature, which we project our subconscious powers onto, which is what governments are.

They are here to fuck with us, to teach us to rise above reptile level mind, by representing the consequences of the reptile mind and the forces it packs.

What we can do is conjure the spirits that lie dormant as the four elements in our primordial cortex, and begin the alchemy of drawing primal powers away from politics and into our own perspective.

What we get then is the demiurgic dolphin, so to speak.

Trust me, I can make it a whole lot weirder even.


You have muddied the water enough with your term, thanks. Not so much for me but for others who wont understand you.

The ignorant need something they can understand. They are not esoteric ecumenists like us.

You have not helped the Gnostic Christian cause.

Always good to argue with a Gnostic Christian though.

Regards
DL

ahahaha


granted.


But to be fair, do you think you had people in a state of sufficient chemistry as for there to be a sinkable ship at play for my storm of mud to acquire a name?
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7193
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Tab » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:37 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Tab wrote:One world AI government. Roll on the singularity. I'm only half-joking tbh.


What do you care where your laws are formed as long as you have a say or vote on them?

What do you care where the cash comes from to fix your roads or pay your medical bills?

Regards
DL


I don't understand your questions.
Image
User avatar
Tab
Deeply Shallow
 
Posts: 8594
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:49 pm

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Greatest I am » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:09 pm

Jakob wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Jakob wrote:You can see it as an evolutionary test. An obstacle put in front, before us, by the unintegrated portions of our own nature, which we project our subconscious powers onto, which is what governments are.

They are here to fuck with us, to teach us to rise above reptile level mind, by representing the consequences of the reptile mind and the forces it packs.

What we can do is conjure the spirits that lie dormant as the four elements in our primordial cortex, and begin the alchemy of drawing primal powers away from politics and into our own perspective.

What we get then is the demiurgic dolphin, so to speak.

Trust me, I can make it a whole lot weirder even.


You have muddied the water enough with your term, thanks. Not so much for me but for others who wont understand you.

The ignorant need something they can understand. They are not esoteric ecumenists like us.

You have not helped the Gnostic Christian cause.

Always good to argue with a Gnostic Christian though.

Regards
DL

ahahaha


granted.


But to be fair, do you think you had people in a state of sufficient chemistry as for there to be a sinkable ship at play for my storm of mud to acquire a name?


Chemistry??

Your reply is unintelligible. :oops:

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Jakob » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:51 pm

J: Chemistry

Greatest: Image


:-k


We are, seemingly, working with different definitions of the word "gnostic".

I mean this kind of thing.
https://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta40.htm
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7193
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: Science genius says the governments are slowly killing u

Postby Greatest I am » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:37 pm

Jakob wrote:J: Chemistry

We are, seemingly, working with different definitions of the word "gnostic".

I mean this kind of thing.
https://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta40.htm


I will take a synopsis from you before taking a lot of time to read your link and huge wall of text.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm


Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users