weird facts

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: weird facts

Postby Aegean » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:45 pm

Weird...US pilots and Russians have reported strange vehicles, able of performing speeds and maneuvers no earthly technology can.
Aegean
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:37 am

Yeah lol, and also that aliens have been visiting and shaping Earths history for millennia a’la Ancient Aliens.. an addictive series to watch.

Some years back, there was a televised NASA broadcast, in which one of their top guys said that in the near future they would be revealing what’s really been going on and etc., to the public.

A few years back, there were 3 beams of light in a row hovering over London one night, but the odd thing was that they were floating in mid-air, and sweeping across the area. After almost an hour or so, they instantly disappeared.. not fly off, or shoot off into the night sky, but simply vanish. Not the Met, nor the Aviation Authorities, or anyone, knew what they were or where they had come from. Most of London saw them, but we never got answers.

In Battleship, the way the alien missiles rip those ships apart is ruthless.. especially the spherical missiles that rip through them like butter.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:38 pm

The minute your Whatsapp or Social Network contacts see that you’re online, they think it’s ok to start calling you because you’re up for talking. Um, no!
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby phoneutria » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:29 pm

I'm not going to say it's aliens.... but it's aliens.
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:15 pm

phoneutria wrote:I'm not going to say it's aliens.... but it's aliens.

What was even weirder, was the fact that everyone was so laissez faire about it.. I guess there was no point in being otherwise, but to simply be in awe of the event and move on.

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:01 pm

weird fact: when santa climbs down the ILP chimney on christmas day, aegean will be climbing up it.

will they be able to pass each other in such a narrow space?

discuss.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:12 pm

I think Prom and Aegean should duel to near-death.

Choose your weapons, sirs?

:lol:

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:26 pm

i haven't taken down my silver-plated stainless steel titanium trimmed keyboard (with single shot, burst, or automatic settings) from the mantle where it's rested, for over a decade, madam.

there are no monsters here. i believe derrida said it best: monsters cannot be announced. one cannot say: 'Here are our monsters,' without immediately turning the monsters into pets.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:31 pm

I merely jest..

May be.. 8-[ lol

MagsJ

Postby derleydoo » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:27 am

If you watch TV in the UK, every so often, on one quiz show or another, you will very often hear the question: What year did rationing end in the UK? The answer is always the same: 1954. That's a fact.
derleydoo
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:58 pm

The minute a ship sinks, the crew stop getting paid, because apparently it’s no longer a ship.

Pistachio nuts are not allowed in cargo holds of ships, as they are one of the items marked as combustible, because they are known to spontaneously combust.

Coconuts kill about 150 people a year, from falling on their heads, so double the amount of those killed in shark attacks.

MagsJ

Postby surreptitious75 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:54 am

Great white sharks are truly afraid of killer whales
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:42 am

Aegean wrote:Weird...US pilots and Russians have reported strange vehicles, able of performing speeds and maneuvers no earthly technology can.

The MoD recently declassified all UFO-sightings reports, and so allowing those sightings to be investigated, documented, and televised.

Get on with it already, and tell us All what we already know!

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:12 pm

For real. It's time for the little green men to stop playin' and come the fuck out.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:34 pm

promethean75 wrote:For real. It's time for the little green men to stop playin' and come the fuck out.

Is there a Zappa song for every instance and occasion? the guy was very forward-thinking, it seems.

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:22 pm

that song was actually done by little stevie vai and appears on his very first solo album. his career began when frank hired him in the 80s, and he stayed with frank for several years before going off on his own. ordinarily frank would write all the music himself and select/hire musicians to play it, but steve, being a badass, often contributed to the song writing. here they are working out what's new in baltimore.

but you can definitely hear frank's influence on the album 'flexible'. steve hadn't fully transformed into the the formulaic heavy metal soloist yet and was still (instinctively) writing more compositional songs.

but yes, frank usually has a song for every occasion. on the matter of aliens there is 'inca roads', which i've already posted, and we are not alone.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:21 pm

The word ‘zombie’ originated around 500BCE

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:35 pm

promethean75 wrote:..but yes, frank usually has a song for every occasion. on the matter of aliens there is 'inca roads', which i've already posted, and we are not alone.

Now that could possibly qualify as a weird fact, Frank having a song for every occasion.. just goes to show how prolific a writer he was.

Weird fact: a company wants to create modern mammoths, by gene editing their genetic material into Indian elephants, so that they can then populate areas with specific types of trees that produce 100 times more oxygen than the trees that replaced them since the mammoths went extinct, due to the nature of their feeding and stomping habits.

Woolly mammoths died out around 4000 years ago.

MagsJ

Postby Berkley Babes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:02 pm

Ted Bundy used to tell people he was writing a book to explain long absences.
Berkley Babes

Postby Berkley Babes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:05 pm

The would "fuck" originated in England to first describe a bird. As in, look at how that fuck flies through the sky.
Berkley Babes

Postby Berkley Babes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:13 pm

Author Charles Bukowski is so famous for telling other artists "Don't Try" that they put in on his gravestone, and yet he is also quoted as saying, "If you're going to try, go all the way."
Berkley Babes

Postby Berkley Babes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Author James Joyce wore a milk man's uniform while writing so the sun would reflect off it.
Berkley Babes

Postby Berkley Babes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:18 pm

The superbowl is watched by 100 million people and is considered the greatest spectacle by Americans while 600 million people around the world watch the average English Premier League (soccer) game.
Berkley Babes

Postby Berkley Babes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Harry Potter was rejected by 11 publishers.
Berkley Babes

PreviousNext

Return to The Sandbox