Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby phoneutria » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:55 pm

No, it's true. My back just turns directly into legs.

I'm paraphrasing.
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby promethean75 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:25 pm

bro that's so weird because mine does the same thing. like my ass is so absent, because of me, medical professionals updated modern anatomy books to include the term 'gluteus minimus'.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Aegean » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:51 pm

If Mowk sees you guys using the 'a' word he'll red-flag you - report you to the authorities, tell teacher.
He's an officer of the infamous secret thought police, funding the bringing Nazis, fascist and other vile thought criminals to justice, and keeping this forum upon to the standards we all know and love.

How else has it attracted so many geniuses and gathered so many messiahs in one place?
Don't you guys know Peterson and the politburo of China and Russia read ILP and form their global strategies?
This place is a world renown brain storming source affecting humanity.
Ya, think an ancient soul would waste itself infinite time on us if this were not so?
Curb the language.
Say backside , or buttocks.
Aegean
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:54 pm

σάτυρος wrote:If only it would be as easy as reading a few texts in a book, visit a few places and then become, through some sort of osmosis, that which I imagine.
If only it were that easy.
If only I could choose the positive, as I imagined it, and denied all else, that I could not imagine.
If only I understood why or how only the positive were placed in text, and it took a particular sort to depict the rest.
If only I could read in books more than the benefits, including the risks and the costs.

What a wonderful, fantastic, world this would be.
But it's not.
Something must be missing.

Over and over and again I try hammering into his head what IS missing: a fucking context!!

Only now I'm exhausted. I'd like to pass this task on to another.

Any volunteers? :-k
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: an exchange between Pedro and Smears?
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:26 pm

σάτυρος wrote:
Memory is the thread of the living continuum - the very meaning of identity.
Greeks called 'truth' aletheia {ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ} - un-forgetting.
Memory of experiences; inherited memories, passing forth potentials for more or less.

Memory is what the degenerate seeks to conceal and to erase - using language, or chemicals, or even distractions such as hedonism.
Memory is what makes the past present, interpreted as appearance.

You're in a room where a fierce debate is going on regarding homosexuality. You make the argument above as though it was a fundamental factor in grappling with your sense of identity revolving around sexual preference. But since the people in the room have had many, many diverse experiences encompassing many, many diverse memories in regard to their sexual preferences, what are they to make of this assessment? What can be pinned with certainty when the argument as an intellectual contraption makes contact with all of these diverse experience and memories?

How is one to know if they are in fact a "degenerate" in regard to their sexual preferences? Or are we to just assume that if the behaviors they choose are not in sync with the behaviors that σάτυρος chooses they are naturally and by definition a degenerate?

Individual memories make individual pasts present, interpreted by these individuals in complex assessments regarding what is real and what reflects only the appearance of reality.

Of course here we will need to focus in on a specific set of circumstances.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:35 pm

Intel reports that there is unrest among the polishyouth at KT, Biggs. We've observed hightened activity of the gestapo there, and we need you to infiltrate the agora and prepare an extract.

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/t2532 ... dard#84411
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:48 pm

"I am for equality and Christianity" - polishyouth

Oh dear. Yup, that'll do it. Might as well just draw a target on your forehead.

clearly the polishyouth is gonna need some better indoctrination, so we need you to bring them here, Biggs.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:33 pm

:lol:

That place gives me jokes, whenever I go read a post or two on there, from time to time. Their mothers must be so proud. :-s
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby iambiguous » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:42 pm

promethean75 wrote:Intel reports that there is unrest among the polishyouth at KT, Biggs. We've observed hightened activity of the gestapo there, and we need you to infiltrate the agora and prepare an extract.

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/t2532 ... dard#84411

Let's wait until he is actually thrown into the dungeon. Besides, this is bound to become an important issue in the presidential election here in America. I'm curious to note what Trump's reaction will be. And the Democratic hopefuls. And, of course, Putin's.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:26 pm

It's awful quiet over at KT, Biggs, and I'm starting to worry. I need you to deliver a message for me... or rather a modest request. I ask simply that they clap along if they feel that happiness is the troof.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:45 pm

promethean75 wrote:It's awful quiet over at KT, Biggs, and I'm starting to worry. I need you to deliver a message for me... or rather a modest request. I ask simply that they clap along if they feel that happiness is the troof.

Indeed, too quiet. Though I can't help but wonder if, perhaps, I have at long last pinned σάτυρος to the mat. Did the Chimp finally thump him?

Anyway, if it keeps up much longer, it's only a matter of time before the media takes notice. It could become an important issue in the presidential race.

Then what? :-k

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:09 am

Aegean wrote:If Mowk sees you guys using the 'a' word he'll red-flag you - report you to the5 authorities, tell teacher.
He's an officer of the infamous secret thought police, funding the bringing Nazis, fascist and other vile thought criminals to justice, and keeping this forum upon to the standards we all know and love.

How else has it attracted so many geniuses and gathered so many messiahs in one place?
Don't you guys know Peterson and the politburo of China and Russia read ILP and form their global strategies?
This place is a world renown brain storming source affecting humanity.
Ya, think an ancient soul would waste itself infinite time on us if this were not so?
Curb the language.
Say backside , or buttocks.

Ts ts ts.....naughty naughty .

Good double play , though rather ambiguous and dupliciously inverted, to make sense to everyday folks.

In a way it offers more slack , as in fishing before the bite.
Last edited by Meno_ on Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Meno_
breathless

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:49 pm

The only person you've pinned to the mat is yourself, homie.
phoneutria

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:06 pm

phoneutria wrote:The only person you've pinned to the mat is yourself, homie.

Care to explore that more...substantively? Here or, perhaps, on a new thread.

Or are you of the opinion that he pinned me to the mat? Either there or here. Assuming that Aegean here of late was Satyr.

Say, you're not one of his objectivists, are you? :wink:

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:35 pm

that's a lot of assumptions, homie
phoneutria

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:51 pm

phoneutria wrote:that's a lot of assumptions, homie

There's no getting around them though, right? He makes certain assumptions about those he deems to be desperate degenerates and I make certain assumptions about those I deem to be objectivists.

Only I am more than willing to situate the assumptions that I make in a particular set of circumstances. Acknowledging in turn that my argument is no less an existential contraption than his is. He, on the other hand, is more inclined to sustain intellectual contraptions that others must concur with or by definition become desperate degenerates. Necessarily -- naturally -- as it were.

See, for example, our "exchanges" above regarding such things as homosexuality.

So, sure, let's commence our own exchange in turn. You choose the context and the value judgments/behaviors in conflict. Exploring each other's assumptions along the way.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:00 pm

what do I have to do with any of that?

if you want to talk to satyr or about him, you should perhaps address him
phoneutria

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:03 pm

as to our own exchange...
hmm...
do I want to watch you roll around on a mat, unable to get up?
:-k
phoneutria

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:07 pm

phoneutria wrote:what do I have to do with any of that?

if you want to talk to satyr or about him, you should perhaps address him

Look, either you are willing and able to note how I have pinned myself to the mat here or you're not.

Or, sure, you said that I did and, as far as you are concerned, that need be as far as you go. :-"

Note to Aegean:

Yo, you're up!

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:13 pm

you know, how you're not able to make common sense decisions that any average joe can easily make, simply by pointing at something and saying "that. i want that" ? that's what I mean
phoneutria

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:45 pm

phoneutria wrote:you know, how you're not able to make common sense decisions that any average joe can easily make, simply by pointing at something and saying "that. i want that" ? that's what I mean

Okay, in regard to human interactions that revolve around behaviors that often do come into conflict over moral and political values, note some of the "common sense" decisions that you make. What do you point to and say "that. i want that".

Note to σάτυρος:

Same thing.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:05 pm

What do you point to and say "that. i want that".

>>> https://streamable.com/jpip6
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby phoneutria » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:08 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Okay, in regard to human interactions that revolve around behaviors that often do come into conflict over moral and political values, note some of the "common sense" decisions that you make. What do you point to and say "that. i want that".

phoneutria wrote:do I want to watch you roll around on a mat, unable to get up?

No I do not, I've got toys to deliver.
phoneutria

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:31 pm

phoneutria wrote:
iambiguous wrote:

phoneutria wrote:do I want to watch you roll around on a mat, unable to get up?

No I do not, I've got toys to deliver.

Cute. But then [in my view] you do seem more intent in being seen here as one who delivers that sort of thing rather than the other.

Philosophy, for example.

Though, sure, one of the things I like best about ILP is that there is always room here for both frames of mind. Those who are intent on exploring the desperate degenerates more or less substantively and those more or less intent instead on exchanging smartass ripostes. As though, for example, ILP was just another adjunct of social media.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:48 pm

phoneutria

PreviousNext

Return to The Sandbox