time travel?

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Re: time travel?

Postby Meno_ » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:53 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
Meno_ wrote:I am still waiting for an answer to a question posed to the Oracle of Delphi

?

Merely a pun, and a hidden allusion to psychic phenomenon.

Incidentelly, the Delphic Oracle was pretty accurate in prediction, and it's method could claim a special conduit to a synchronistic tie in between various time bits,

The idea of time bits spliced together rather than a flow , appears at least equally readable even without an intended pun.
Recall, telepathy, and psychic phenomena generally, even subconscious travel during sleep, can indicate a deeper level of condciousness.
There is a religion based on soul travel. Ekankar, which is predicated on that, and I personally had only one clear experience of that, after my mother died, and my brother in law had one as well.
William James wrote about psychic phenomenon extensively, and both in this country, but more in Russia, academic interest is very interested in it.
Time travel , viewed this way puts s different spin on the idea that contemporaneous events are proof positive of an imminent gestalt of all events, rather then a reposition of the past and the future, as if the occupied a position of differing objective travel of subjects-as if time was such an entity.

The subject travels through a conscious differentiation of the varitable levels realization .
That becomes the basis of.determinists who claim things happen because they were meant to.happen.
The.Delphic.Oracle became an ancient.institution because of its reliable , tested ability to.grasp prophecy.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:48 am

Theoretically I can imagine something like a "block-time", where one block can be rearranged inside and still have the same net result,

Also I can conceive an elaborate parallel universe explanation which would make for a very psychedelic omniverse.

Neither idea seems very plausible.

What I do know for a logically derived fact is that the future already works on us, pushes itself on us.
Many consequences have already been calculated in matter into very distant futures and the implications of this already form a tunnel for us.
This is not an endorsement of determinism, as I see the arche of being as unadaptedness.

Wherever all is adapted to all there is a "nanogoo" which cant perceive or be perceived, a flatlined ontos.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Meno_ » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:32 am

Removed
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Aliens are ... I mean, they're cool.

It's like, time travel comes in handy to being cool.

Acting cool.
Always a bit flashy and on the dank side

That's a Alien.

Garden of Eden is fam

Atlantis is the name

We are here.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Meno_ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:40 am

Time is illusion
Time is collusion
Time is preclusion; exclusion,
It is a passage to nowhere,
Coming from everywhere,
It breaks amup to be put together
It refuses it reuses it remembers, relates, resembles,
It reforms & returns
It reminisces and relocates,
but returns always recognizes
It't returns and and retreats
Recreates forgets and returns
Daily

The room:
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:10 pm

3grirg.jpg
3grirg.jpg (107.84 KiB) Viewed 5105 times
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Meno_ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:11 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
3grirg.jpg

There for Right?
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:23 pm

Quite a mind boggling text you produced on the subject.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Meno_ » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:13 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:Quite a mind boggling text you produced on the subject.

May be more later, when I am not so fixated.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Dan~ » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:22 am

Splice humans with genes that have the ability to survive being frozen solid.
Freeze tons of human2s. If things get much better in the future, thaw them.

Time is a perspective.
For the human2s, it will be an instant change.
In fact there are many moments within a second.
How fast you move and live determines your own time.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:44 pm

Well, I don't think that counts as time travel.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Meno_ » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:09 am

Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Jakob » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:09 am

Meno_ wrote:But this might:

https://youtu.be/LJefPaBsSug

Very nice.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Observer wrote:The first objection is the grandfather paradox (if you go back and kill your grandfather then you would not be born in order to go back and kill him). That alone is enough for me to say "time travel has to be nonsense".

There is, perhaps, a much simpler objection, one that does not depend on causality.

Either X (e.g. Corona virus outbreak) happened in the past or it did not. If one accepts that it did, and goes back in time in order to to make sure that X does not happen, then that would mean that X did not actually happen.

If you made a mistake in the past, you can't go back in time and fix it without denying that you made it.

What this means is that, in this particular sense, it is logically impossible to change the past.

What's possible is to repeat the past in the present so as to influence the development of the future. This, however, isn't "changing the past" in the literal sense of the word -- the past remains unchanged. It is "repeating the past in the present" which is configuring a good chunk of the future state of the world to look like an earlier one which is a quite expensive process. The Boys from Brazil kind of thing.
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:14 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:
Observer wrote:The first objection is the grandfather paradox (if you go back and kill your grandfather then you would not be born in order to go back and kill him). That alone is enough for me to say "time travel has to be nonsense".

There is, perhaps, a much simpler objection, one that does not depend on causality.

Either X (e.g. Corona virus outbreak) happened in the past or it did not. If one accepts that it did, and goes back in time in order to to make sure that X does not happen, then that would mean that X did not actually happen.

If you made a mistake in the past, you can't go back in time and fix it without denying that you made it.

What this means is that, in this particular sense, it is logically impossible to change the past.

What's possible is to repeat the past in the present so as to influence the development of the future. This, however, isn't "changing the past" in the literal sense of the word -- the past remains unchanged. It is "repeating the past in the present" which is configuring a good chunk of the future state of the world to look like an earlier one which is a quite expensive process. The Boys from Brazil kind of thing.

This type of argument would/could be questioned sans the parallel universe supposition, which could probably account for the idea of infinite recurrence.( ecce homo)
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:06 pm

This type of argument would/could be questioned sans the parallel universe supposition, which could probably account for the idea of infinite recurrence.( ecce homo)

Still, you are not changing the past. You are merely jumping from one branch onto another.
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:06 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:

Still, you are not changing the past. You are merely jumping from one branch onto another.

True. But relativity is a toss up between phenomenal and epistemological certainties. So even if You jump between quantum and quality, it is merely a simulation of space time effects.

The jump changes both, the temporal and spatial matrix, where one can literally jump into a universe where the jump off point may already ceased to exist.

Hypothetically this ' existential jump' could be effected, and displacing the dasein boxed in stasis of the apprehension of of ego reduction. >>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>
>

Reverse dialectical ant-synthesis.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Science, Technology, and Math