Page 10 of 11

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:47 pm
by Meno_
and gut level feelings translate to the neccesity to sustain diverse opinion.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:13 am
by Ichthus77

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:39 pm
by MagsJ
_
Indeed Ichthus.. this place seems to be a much-needed outlet for its members.

I’m not sure why Sculptor gets rude/volatile sometimes (maybe he has e-Tourette’s), and perhaps he /
you-Sculptor should work on not falling into it.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:00 pm
by Ichthus77
If you mean what I was referring to when I unintentionally pit felix and iambiguous against eachother, I can.

If you are doing the same as iambiguous (and you & Meno, etc) in acting like I am (or y’all are) other usernames, based on an experience I mentioned I had back in 2005… I already said I was going to stop. Though, I just now connected those dots. You gonna stop?? Plausible deniability?

For my part, it was not done out of malice… or even intentionally.

I would be interested in getting the perspective of those who intentionally confuse folks… and turn around and accuse others of doing things intentionally that they didn’t intend… and caution them to stop doing what they (you) may (you tell me) have no intention of stopping.

There is always a reason people do what they do. Do you think you have hit on the bigger Yes … or do you think you’ve gone bigger?

Proof all are slaves. Just a matter of which “yes” possesses you. Be possessed by the biggest Yes, or be possessed by less than Yes… I guess (I only said that because it rhymes… which reminds me… if iambiguous is okay with the way I jest, I will not dampen my personality for you… thththththanks).

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:04 pm
by Ichthus77
cussing and jesting is not bullying if both are fine with it…

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:19 pm
by MagsJ
_
What!?

I have no idea what you are alluding to here.. I’m simply replying in reference to the Op, in conjunction with your post, which I wholeheartedly agreed with.

Is there something you want to tell us about 2005/ILP/happenings? :-k

Relax Ich.. I ain’t no-ones enemy here..

Ichthus77 wrote:If you mean what I was referring to when I unintentionally pit felix and iambiguous against eachother, I can.

If you are doing the same as iambiguous (and you & Meno, etc) in acting like I am (or y’all are) other usernames, based on an experience I mentioned I had back in 2005… I already said I was going to stop. Though, I just now connected those dots. You gonna stop?? Plausible deniability?

For my part, it was not done out of malice… or even intentionally.

I would be interested in getting the perspective of those who intentionally confuse folks… and turn around and accuse others of doing things intentionally that they didn’t intend… and caution them to stop doing what they (you) may (you tell me) have no intention of stopping.

There is always a reason people do what they do. Do you think you have hit on the bigger Yes … or do you think you’ve gone bigger?

Proof all are slaves. Just a matter of which “yes” possesses you. Be possessed by the biggest Yes, or be possessed by less than Yes… I guess (I only said that because it rhymes… which reminds me… if iambiguous is okay with the way I jest, I will not dampen my personality for you… thththththanks).

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:25 pm
by Ichthus77
Nope, nothing to add about 2005 that I didn’t already tell you in Meno’s thread “philosophy is not for the faint of heart”. Pretty sure.

In conclusion (to be read in the voice of Rodney Norman) if the username mix up was a jesting (or what? you prefer an echo chamber? it is passive aggressive to make me guess, assuming you are trying to teach me something rather than just jest) based on the experience I relayed… the possibility just occurred to me a few minutes ago. Maybe you think I should’ve known from the get-go that was the intention, rather than trying to pit people against each other.

It does highlight the value of having bodies & faces & names & identities that cannot be shared by others who would enjoy confusing us and bully rather than jest, exploiting a natural and good social aspect of being human and forming connections.

This is why the Metaverse is … not gonna work for everyone. Identity theft … etc … would be way too easy.

Making connections offline is more authentic, but there were con artists before the Internet. They, too, are loved despite their crap.

And will prolly still be oblivious in certain respects even after they get a bigger Yes.

Folks who exploit them and reject the bigger Yes even though they know it… out of my hands… I put them in God’s. It is not for me to understand or make final judgments. But the activity itself is death. All will be reconciled and turned back to good. You decide the role you play. Denying it is inauthentic.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:31 pm
by Ichthus77
exit, mic-dropping music: https://youtu.be/5vBGOrI6yBk

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:00 pm
by MagsJ
_
I ever-so-slightly edited my post.. I see where the error-of-meaning in what I said, occurred. I did not mean You, but you-Sculptor.. as in He.

I have now since hyphenated the two words into one. Confusion over.. case closed? :D
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1#p2856421


Re: Petition to ban Sculptor
Postby MagsJ » Fri 04 Feb, 2022 13:39

_
Indeed Ichthus.. this place seems to be a much-needed outlet for its members.

I’m not sure why Sculptor gets rude/volatile sometimes (maybe he has e-Tourette’s), and perhaps he /
you-Sculptor should work on not falling into it.

Last edited by MagsJ on Fri 04 Feb, 2022 15:51, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:10 pm
by Ichthus77
Are you…? Did you just…? Meh.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:24 pm
by MagsJ
Ichthus77 wrote:Are you…? Did you just…? Meh.

Am I…? Did I just…? what? :-s

..and ..for my next trick, I will attempt to not make such errors, ever again.. so as to alleviate the burden of uncertainty of intention, on others. :D

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:28 pm
by Ichthus77
I am poised without pause. Js.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:28 pm
by Ierrellus
Sculptor is still spewing out venomous ad homs in the Devolution thread.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:47 pm
by MagsJ
Ierrellus wrote:Sculptor is still spewing out venomous ad homs in the Devolution thread.

Perhaps he wants to be banned.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:51 pm
by Ierrellus
MagsJ wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:Sculptor is still spewing out venomous ad homs in the Devolution thread.

Perhaps he wants to be banned.

Nah. He equates banning with censorship.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:04 pm
by MagsJ
Ierrellus wrote:
MagsJ wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:Sculptor is still spewing out venomous ad homs in the Devolution thread.

Perhaps he wants to be banned.

Nah. He equates banning with censorship.

Just throwing his weight around then..?

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:19 pm
by Ierrellus
The sad part of this is that he produces a little good scholarship, surrounded by vile opinion of others, It's rant, rant, rant, good stuff, rant, rant, rant.
For me, the rant obscures the good stuff.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:42 pm
by Ichthus77
I vote we lay off this thread for a while and give him a chance.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:57 pm
by MagsJ
Ierrellus wrote:The sad part of this is that he produces a little good scholarship, surrounded by vile opinion of others, It's rant, rant, rant, good stuff, rant, rant, rant.
For me, the rant obscures the good stuff.

He’s been asked what compels him to descend into that place of ranting, but Sculptor doesn’t seem to want to respond to that inquiry.

Perhaps replying to posts when One is in a lighter mood, would be a better choice to make..?
Easier said than done, though..

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:37 pm
by Ichthus77
MagsJ wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:The sad part of this is that he produces a little good scholarship, surrounded by vile opinion of others, It's rant, rant, rant, good stuff, rant, rant, rant.
For me, the rant obscures the good stuff.

He’s been asked what compels him to descend into that place of ranting, but Sculptor doesn’t seem to want to respond to that inquiry.

Perhaps replying to posts when One is in a lighter mood, would be a better choice to make..?
Easier said than done, though..


I felt that.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:17 pm
by Ierrellus
MagsJ wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:The sad part of this is that he produces a little good scholarship, surrounded by vile opinion of others, It's rant, rant, rant, good stuff, rant, rant, rant.
For me, the rant obscures the good stuff.

He’s been asked what compels him to descend into that place of ranting, but Sculptor doesn’t seem to want to respond to that inquiry.

Perhaps replying to posts when One is in a lighter mood, would be a better choice to make..?
Easier said than done, though..

He has responded to the rant question by suggesting that he is just being firm. I had a boss once who treated me like shit. In her defense, she said she was only being firm. She was a bitch who hated men.
Ichthus77,
Sculptor has been warned about his inappropriate remarks, more than once. If his style of debate pleases you, welcome to it.
Mention anything about evolution that disagrees with Dawkins' beliefs, and he goes berserk and for the jugular.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:20 pm
by Ichthus77
I don’t like talking about him as if he’s not here. He knows he’s an ass. He knows we know that people are asses because they’re in pain. So are we just gonna talk shit about him or are we going to ask him why he’s in pain?

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:06 pm
by Urwrongx1000
This forum allows death threats, threats of violence, open advocation domestic terrorism (killing millions of Americans, based on lies)—so Sculptor is small fries, a retard easily dismissed.

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:17 pm
by MagsJ
Ierrellus wrote:
MagsJ wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:The sad part of this is that he produces a little good scholarship, surrounded by vile opinion of others, It's rant, rant, rant, good stuff, rant, rant, rant.
For me, the rant obscures the good stuff.

He’s been asked what compels him to descend into that place of ranting, but Sculptor doesn’t seem to want to respond to that inquiry.

Perhaps replying to posts when One is in a lighter mood, would be a better choice to make..?
Easier said than done, though..

He has responded to the rant question by suggesting that he is just being firm. I had a boss once who treated me like shit. In her defense, she said she was only being firm. She was a bitch who hated men.

Being firm, is definitely not the same as treating others badly.. for whatever/any reason that may be.

Changing one’s demeanour isn’t instant, but it does seem to be happening, in his case.. working on himself, like he does on his sculptures. :D

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:17 pm
by Magnus Anderson
iambiguous wrote:On the other hand, I'm not for banning them. I kind of like making complete fools out of them.


Is that the purpose of philosophy forums? To make fools out of people?

Sculptor wrote:I am directly criticising those American who all claim to support free speach whilst a that same time supporting a thread to ban someone.


gib wrote:Who exactly are they? I know Magnus wants to ban you but I haven't heard him speak in defense of free speech.


I do think he deserves to be banned, and I do support free speech, but I am not an American (: I think he had Urwrong in mind.

And banning Sculptor is not a violation of his right to free speech. "Freedom of speech" does not mean "freedom to speak whenever, wherever and however you want".

If you're accusing them of hypocrisy, it means you think they want to ban you because they don't like what you say. That's the whole point of the first amendment. The right to free speech isn't a right that trumps all other rights. You can want to ban someone because they're speech violates other rights (or forum rules).


Precisely. And the reason I think he should be banned has nothing to do with his ideas.