Petition to ban Sculptor

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Should Sculptor be banned from this forum?

Yes
21
64%
No
11
33%
I don't know
1
3%
 
Total votes : 33

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:46 am

ILP has spoken:

Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7785
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Ierrellus » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:06 pm

Can I change my vote from no to yes? I've had my fill of this fool.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 13748
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: state of evolving

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:16 pm

I believe you only need to vote 'Yes' and it changes your previous vote.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7785
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Ierrellus » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:I believe you only need to vote 'Yes' and it changes your previous vote.

Thanks. I did.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 13748
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: state of evolving

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby promethean75 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:24 pm

Recent polls show 37% approve of the job sculptor is doing, while 63% disapprove.

It is too soon to know whether he will run for a second term, but we can be sure he's doing better than Trump.
promethean75
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5934
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm
Location: at the fringe with Novatore

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:55 pm

Ierrellus wrote:Can I change my vote from no to yes? I've had my fill of this fool.


The Merchant of Venice, Act IV, Scene I [The quality of mercy is not strained]
William Shakespeare - 1564-1616


The quality of mercy is not strained;
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'T is mightiest in the mightiest; it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown:
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthronèd in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice. Therefore, Jew,
Though justice be thy plea, consider this,
That, in the course of justice, none of us
Should see salvation: we do pray for mercy;
And that same prayer doth teach us all to render
The deeds of mercy. I have spoke thus much
To mitigate the justice of thy plea;
Which if thou follow, this strict court of Venice
Must needs give sentence 'gainst the merchant there.
BE MELTING SNOW. WASH YOURSELF OF YOURSELF.

YOU WANDER FROM ROOM TO ROOM
HUNTING FOR THE DIAMOND NECKLACE
THAT IS ALREADY AROUND YOUR NECK!

DANCE UNTIL YOU SHATTER YOURSELF!

THERE IS A VOICE THAT DOESN'T USE WORDS. LISTEN!

LIFE IS A BALANCE BETWEEN HOLDING ON AND LETTING GO!

LET SILENCE TAKE YOU TO THE CORE OF LIFE!
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 15934
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: A state of unknowing

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Ierrellus » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:15 pm

Why evoke Shakespeare for an exercise in futility? What has this thread proved?
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 13748
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: state of evolving

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:42 pm

I have had mixed interactions. None which bothered me too much. Some which left a good enough impression… though pretty vague at this point.

I don’t see the point in banning anyone ever. They can just come back as a different user, right?
An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. Edit: That, or they are trying to give you hints to solve the riddle because they don't want to spoil it for you. ;)

To reiterate: I am one person on this board. I only post my own thoughts. I do not use anyone else’s username, and no one else uses mine. I used to be She(TM). God started bringing me back 9/22/05. If anyone intends things for evil, he can still use it for Good.
User avatar
Ichthus77
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4196
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: Coram Deo

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:46 pm

I petition to ban Users from threatening violence and to kill people. It's common sense, as philosophy forums do not allow pedophilia for example.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7785
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:54 pm

All that involves is deleting someone’s post, not banning them. Is that not already being enforced? Don’t you already have a separate thread on that? Admittedly I have not read it because I am not a moderator. I read this one because it said “petition” in it.
An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. Edit: That, or they are trying to give you hints to solve the riddle because they don't want to spoil it for you. ;)

To reiterate: I am one person on this board. I only post my own thoughts. I do not use anyone else’s username, and no one else uses mine. I used to be She(TM). God started bringing me back 9/22/05. If anyone intends things for evil, he can still use it for Good.
User avatar
Ichthus77
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4196
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: Coram Deo

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:35 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:I don’t see the point in banning anyone ever. They can just come back as a different user, right?


The point is to discourage them. By banning them, you make it more difficult for them to continue doing what they are doing.

All that involves is deleting someone’s post, not banning them.


Deleting someone's post is a weak sort of punishment. Moreover, it breaks the integrity of the forum.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5805
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby gib » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:51 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:
All that involves is deleting someone’s post, not banning them.


Deleting someone's post is a weak sort of punishment. Moreover, it breaks the integrity of the forum.


And I'll just add that no one wants to continually delete posts from a problem member.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Oh Charlie! I’m respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority as your father by coming in anyway!"
- Lucifer

"She's so small, she mostly looks like a potato with eyes."
- Lucifer on his daughter

"Stop talking to me like I'm your enemy. You wept for all of those girl- and boyfriends, but you have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That those break ups, while tragic, probably saved you from a crappy and very expensive first marriage."
- Lucifer
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9284
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:36 am

ok I think I switched
An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. Edit: That, or they are trying to give you hints to solve the riddle because they don't want to spoil it for you. ;)

To reiterate: I am one person on this board. I only post my own thoughts. I do not use anyone else’s username, and no one else uses mine. I used to be She(TM). God started bringing me back 9/22/05. If anyone intends things for evil, he can still use it for Good.
User avatar
Ichthus77
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4196
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: Coram Deo

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Sculptor » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:57 am

I love the way the Americans - supporters of free speech want to ban someone.

Says a lot about how fake the US notion of themselves is.
Sculptor
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:05 pm

Now you have something in common with Trump.

Face the ban hammer.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7785
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:06 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:I petition to ban Users from threatening violence and to kill people. It's common sense, as philosophy forums do not allow pedophilia for example.


you are the biggest pussy that has ever posted here
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 31364
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:04 pm

not really
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7785
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:54 pm

I mean. They seem to enjoy each other. They’d prolly miss it if it was taken away. I think it’s a fake petition.
An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. Edit: That, or they are trying to give you hints to solve the riddle because they don't want to spoil it for you. ;)

To reiterate: I am one person on this board. I only post my own thoughts. I do not use anyone else’s username, and no one else uses mine. I used to be She(TM). God started bringing me back 9/22/05. If anyone intends things for evil, he can still use it for Good.
User avatar
Ichthus77
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4196
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: Coram Deo

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby gib » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:06 pm

Sculptor wrote:I love the way the Americans - supporters of free speech want to ban someone.

Says a lot about how fake the US notion of themselves is.


Why do you take a few ILP members who want to ban you as representatives of America overall?

And again, why do you assume they want to ban you solely because they don't like your speech?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Oh Charlie! I’m respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority as your father by coming in anyway!"
- Lucifer

"She's so small, she mostly looks like a potato with eyes."
- Lucifer on his daughter

"Stop talking to me like I'm your enemy. You wept for all of those girl- and boyfriends, but you have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That those break ups, while tragic, probably saved you from a crappy and very expensive first marriage."
- Lucifer
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9284
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Sculptor » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:17 pm

gib wrote:
Sculptor wrote:I love the way the Americans - supporters of free speech want to ban someone.

Says a lot about how fake the US notion of themselves is.


Why do you take a few ILP members who want to ban you as representatives of America overall?

And again, why do you assume they want to ban you solely because they don't like your speech?


I'm doing neither.

I am directly criticising those American who all claim to support free speach whilst a that same time supporting a thread to ban someone.
What they think of my posts in neither here nor there.

I wonder if your inability to read and understand, it indicative of the American educational system, which offers the world to lowest literacy rate in the western world.
Sculptor
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Sculptor » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:17 pm

gib wrote:
Sculptor wrote:I love the way the Americans - supporters of free speech want to ban someone.

Says a lot about how fake the US notion of themselves is.


Why do you take a few ILP members who want to ban you as representatives of America overall?

And again, why do you assume they want to ban you solely because they don't like your speech?


I'm doing neither.

I am directly criticising those American who all claim to support free speach whilst a that same time supporting a thread to ban someone.
What they think of my posts in neither here nor there.

I wonder if your inability to read and understand, it indicative of the American educational system, which offers the world to lowest literacy rate in the western world.
Sculptor
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby gib » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:35 am

Sculptor wrote:I am directly criticising those American who all claim to support free speach whilst a that same time supporting a thread to ban someone.


Who exactly are they? I know Magnus wants to ban you but I haven't heard him speak in defense of free speech.

Sculptor wrote:What they think of my posts in neither here nor there.


If you're accusing them of hypocrisy, it means you think they want to ban you because they don't like what you say. That's the whole point of the first amendment. The right to free speech isn't a right that trumps all other rights. You can want to ban someone because they're speech violates other rights (or forum rules).

Sculptor wrote:I wonder if your inability to read and understand, it indicative of the American educational system, which offers the world to lowest literacy rate in the western world.


Well, if anything, it would be indicative of the Canadian educational system, but you don't need me to reveal my stupidity here to know that the American education system is shit--even at the university level (they're hiring professors and handing out degrees simply for being woke).
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Oh Charlie! I’m respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority as your father by coming in anyway!"
- Lucifer

"She's so small, she mostly looks like a potato with eyes."
- Lucifer on his daughter

"Stop talking to me like I'm your enemy. You wept for all of those girl- and boyfriends, but you have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That those break ups, while tragic, probably saved you from a crappy and very expensive first marriage."
- Lucifer
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9284
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:22 am

I voted NO, mainly because most of the time I agree with what he writes.

Sculptor has an amazing sense of humour and wit, not to mention his sharp intelligence.

To all those who voted YES.............You gotta look like you can piss with the big boys.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:30 am

Of course you did, Misses Put Bullets in Your Brain

That's your "Philosophy", stick with it, see how far it gets you
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7785
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Petition to ban Sculptor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:47 am

pansy
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 31364
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

PreviousNext

Return to Meta



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users