A Discussion of Moderation

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Kathrina » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:07 am

Kathrina wrote:
Magnus Anderson wrote:This forum needs a purpose, and until it acquires one, it makes no sense to look for moderators. The problem seems to be that those running the forum have no idea what they want from it (or they do but they hide it pretty well because it's not something that should be disclosed.)

The first thing to do is to decide on the purpose of this forum. The second thing is to discover the set of rules that maximize the chances of fullfilling that purpose. The third thing is to look for people to enforce those rules (moderators.) It"s the distant third stage. We're at the first (:

Your "first thing":
  • This is already answered by the name of this forum: "I Love Philosophy". So the first thing is unmistakable: Philosophy.
    If the leadership of this forum does not agree with this, then those who are interested in philosophy can either shoot the leaders dead (that would be the WWW Angry solution) or move to other forums.

Your "second thing":
  • The set of rules must be based on the purpose of the forum (see: "first thing"), i.e. if a text is obviously not meant philosophically, then either this text must be moved (to "Rant" or "Non-Philosophical Chat") or the poster must be warned or banned. In 2017 this was still the case, as you should know.

Your "third thing":
  • The moderators must be convinced of both the purpose (see: "first thing") and the set of rules oriented to the purpose (see: "second thing").

All this is basically a very simple matter. But if the ILP leadership doesn't go along, then we can bury this thing (resp. Magnus' "three things").
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:09 am

We can not put all of this on the ILP leadership as it is not the ILP leadership that created the problems in the first place.

I am going to get a little creative in this post but at the same time use no style and technique - WARNING: Some sarcasm will be used but it won't be too graphic in nature!!!

Clearly, bad behavior created the problems that called for a renewed look at moderation.

I don't go and complain to my mother every time I have a problem in my adult life, actually come to think of it I never complain to her. I don't complain to the ILP leadership each time I have a problem on the forum. As stated earlier in the thread there is functionality built into the forum system to ignore other users and that functionality was built with the expected self-control of an adult in mind. If anything that I have said in this thread has come across as mean then the problem of the offended does not lay with me - it instead lays with an oversensitive nature of the person who becomes offended with me in the first place - this is the internet after all and the internet has trolls. We have been teaching our children about this sort of stuff for a while now. To add to that, I don't remember calling people names for that matter either.

Even if I may have bordered the rules in the past, I have remained within the rules of this forum. I have been abused by a couple of people on this forum and I think they talk a lot of rubbish in between their insightful moments but I take little offense. When I arrived here at ILP I was met by a number of people that wanted to convert me to their ways of thinking(you know? mini-me makers) and they seemed to get upset when I would not submit - cry me a river. I would never expect another human being to become a mini-me. The other thing I have noticed is that some users of the forum like to name drop as if they are writing a thesis - perhaps these people look down upon those who do not regularly quote some old dead philosopher - again, cry me a river - this is not an elitist book club. Did the first philosopher name drop? No, he/she may not have even known how to write << keep that in mind. Since they were the first philosopher who the hell could they quote. So yes, it is pretty clear that no one has even agreed upon the definition of philosophy on this forum - many users seem to have a very skewed viewpoint but push their ideas anyway(pushing a few ideas around is what we are here for - or getting feedback on those ideas or giving feedback - these are all things that we should do in a balanced way).

Not everything in philosophy has been done as some people would have you believe. Do you honestly believe we know everything about existence - the old dead philosophers are not here to help us out with that. But here is the thing, there are new philosophers that live today, and perhaps they are unrecognizable because they don't speak the outdated arcane language of those long since dead. I guarantee also that these new philosophers will not always say things that are universally agreeable. In fact, it turns out that these new philosophers and old philosophers have something in common with us lowly humans - yeah, it turns out they had to use the toilet on occasion, just like us, they had to wipe their nose on occasion, just like us, they had to...I am sure you get the picture. What I am saying is this, philosophers are just people. It would seem a lot of people forget this when they decide to worship their hero.

Essentially we can not say that there are no philosophers on this forum - we can not say that there are philosophers on this forum. What on earth is a non-philosopher? Someone who is not familiar with, I don't know...Nietzsche?

A purpose had been given for the forum before I arrived here and in that purpose, exclusion was not exercised. There are people here whose English is awful but as a native English speaker, I do not exclude them. In fact, I welcome them with open arms. There are native speakers who don't even understand how to use their own language and have very poor logic and don't read things properly or understand what it is to analyze but again we welcome those too. Extremists have graced our presence at times too. Yep, this is not some cult or elitist club, it is a public forum.

A PUBLIC FORUM
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:17 am

As long as that cock sucking meth-addict ww3 remains on this forum, it is not a philosophy forum.

Instead it is a forum where opinions and politics you disagree with, you should "put a bullet into the head" of whom you're debating.

And Carleas and smears defend this shit?



Fuck all of you putting up and tolerating this. You are all the reason and cause why USA and Western Civilization is falling apart.

Cock sucker should have been banned as soon as he said it.

Instead weeks and months go by, Carleas does nothing, Moderators do nothing. What a joke.



I will be leaving until ww3 is permanently banned from this website.

And as long as he stays, I encourage people to threaten real life violence and death threats against those you disagree with.

Because that's where we're at. And you all tolerate, as long as it benefits you. Fuck you all.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5308
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:

you dont have to mean it


Well then I wouldn't say it...
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:57 pm

Kathrina wrote:
Magnus Anderson wrote:This forum needs a purpose, and until it acquires one, it makes no sense to look for moderators. The problem seems to be that those running the forum have no idea what they want from it (or they do but they hide it pretty well because it's not something that should be disclosed.)

The first thing to do is to decide on the purpose of this forum. The second thing is to discover the set of rules that maximize the chances of fullfilling that purpose. The third thing is to look for people to enforce those rules (moderators.) It"s the distant third stage. We're at the first (:

Your "first thing":
  • This is already answered by the name of this forum: "I Love Philosophy". So the first thing is unmistakable: Philosophy.
    If the leadership of this forum does not agree with this, then those who are interested in philosophy can either shoot the leaders dead (that would be the WWW Angry solution) or move to other forums.



Now this is how the big lie works, just say it over and over until people start believing it. Now I don't respond to every attack or accusation or lie that I see on the internet or about me because well, these people we're dealing with here have serious reasoning and critical thinking deficiencies, its like debating with a drunkard, its pointless. Now I see you bought in to that delusional fascist maniacs lie and now somehow think my solution is to just kill people who I disagree with. That is hardly the case and the furthest from the truth. The fact is, I don't really agree with anyone here. I enjoy reasoned discussions. There are typically bits and pieces I will agree with, but for the most part disagreements stand out more so than agreements whenever we discuss things philosophically. As such and I'm sure it is the case with most of us here, that most of us notice the disagreement quite a bit more than agreement. But this process of disagreeing is what helps sharpen our thoughts and that is wholly encouraged by the likes of myself, for one.

Now, with that being said you are more than welcome to read the thread in which UR WRONG has essentially lost his shit over, - that being "The Reckoning" -



To recap, essentially with the insurrection and continued support of Trump I declared that a line was drawn, that these Trump supporting maniacs formerly known as Republicans are a threat to our lives, which means we as a democracy loving nation need to draw the line as well and provide absolute intolerance towards the sentiment that these delusional freaks push with their lies, hate and very real threats to our democracy. This does mean that I would have no problem shooting a maniac quasi nazi (Aka Trumptard) right in the head and not think twice about it, as these folks are way beyond reasoning with. There is no real discussion with them, and if you've ever engaged with one you've engaged with them all, as they all buy into the same lies, delusions hook line and sinker, follow the same predictable pathology and are a very real threat to our democracy and our lives as already shown.

Nullius in verba; video enim te ipso.

https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=196673
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Kathrina » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:20 pm

Just keep describing yourself over and over again. And keep making yourself out to be innocent like you did when you accused Uccisore of what you must be accusing yourself of: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 0#p2597508 .

And ILP is not the "Wild West" ("only a dead Indian is a good Indian" etc.): "only an ILP member with a bullet in his or her head is a good ILP member". Cf.: https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... 5#p2802749 .
Last edited by Kathrina on Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Kathrina » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:37 pm

encode_decode wrote:We can not put all of this on the ILP leadership

No one has put all of this on the ILP leadership. But the ILP leadership is the ILP leadership. You know? And a leadership does not mean nothing, as you are suggesting here.

encode_decode wrote:... as it is not the ILP leadership that created the problems in the first place.

It was the ILP leadership that ignored the problems in the first place.

encode_decode wrote:Clearly, bad behavior created the problems that called for a renewed look at moderation.

There used to be requests for moderation before, but they always came to nothing, because the motto "keep it up" was always stronger. Now it is even worse than before, important moderators are gone, and some people have once again noticed that the moderation is too poor.

It is no longer possible to talk about many topics even approximately, because one must count at any time on being trolled and stalked by some nutcase.
Last edited by Kathrina on Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:51 pm

Kathrina wrote:It is no longer possible to talk about many topics even approximately, because one must count at any time on being trolled and stalked by some nutcase.

OK, I respect the points you are making. I still stand by what I am saying and would prefer to meet in the middle with you since whether it is obvious or not, I actually respect you. I too, do not appreciate any sort of abusive behavior but I guess I am just more tolerant of it. I see abusive behavior on both sides - not from you, however. I also understand where both sides are coming from. I may not agree with the more extreme behavior coming in from both sides but why should I let either side off of the hook? I really don't agree with a lot of what UR is saying and in this thread, his extreme behavior was more numerous in the count. Perhaps this is why he lost it with me because he thought that I was one of the gang - those guys don't care much for me but neither does UR.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:07 pm

Kathrina wrote:Just keep describing yourself over and over again. And keep making yourself out to be innocent like you did when you accused Uccisore of what you must be accusing yourself of: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 0#p2597508 .


Seems you have no idea what you're talking about. I listed good points against Uccisore who wasn't very "becoming" of a moderator. I'm not a moderator nor does "making myself out to be innocent" - innocent of what? Yes, I'll kill fucking fascists. That I am guilty of condoning, and proudly so. But killing people I disagree with? No thanks. Accusing Uccisore of what I am doing? That doesn't make any sense. Who are you anyway? Someone who has multiple accounts.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Carleas » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:18 pm

Some thoughts from reading this thread (numbered by which of my original questions they go to):

[1] It is often easier to identify wrong answers than it is to identify right answers, and some wrong answers to the question of who should be a moderator present themselves pretty clearly in this thread. Judging how a person will moderate based on how they engage in discussion isn't perfect, but posts that look like a mere emotional reaction suggest moderation that will look like an emotional reaction.

[2] To Peter's point, I think banning should be taken in the context of the near absolute anonymity that the internet provides. Banning a username isn't really banning a person. The punishment of banning is, in practice, just stripping someone of their name. That's actually unpleasant for anyone who wants to build a reputation or develop relationships, so it works as a weak punishment. It also serves a purpose something like hanging the bodies of thieves at crossroads, warning passers-by that there is a state that enforces its laws. The weakness in these justifications is that, as a punishment, it tends to hit hardest on the best users: it leverages attachment to the community, while bad-faith trolls can just assume a new identity and continue. And as with rotting corpses, it communicates force more than justice, not necessarily a reassuring message.

[3] Magnus, though I actually think a fuzzy purposes is a positive for a pluralistic community, you're right that making purpose clear is a good way of thinking about the question (and I appreciate encode's draft statement of purpose). Indeed, setting aside practical considerations, forcing people to stop and reflect on the purpose of each post before they submit it would probably solve 90% of the problems we have here. encode, I'll try to give you a fuller reply on the specifics of your draft today or tomorrow as time allows.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 6142
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Kathrina » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:32 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
Kathrina wrote:Just keep describing yourself over and over again. And keep making yourself out to be innocent like you did when you accused Uccisore of what you must be accusing yourself of: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 0#p2597508 .


Seems you have no idea what you're talking about. I listed good points against Uccisore who wasn't very "becoming" of a moderator. I'm not a moderator nor does "making myself out to be innocent" - innocent of what? Yes, I'll kill fucking fascists. That I am guilty of condoning, and proudly so. But killing people I disagree with? No thanks. Accusing Uccisore of what I am doing? That doesn't make any sense. Who are you anyway? Someone who has multiple accounts.

It's the other way around: Uccisore listed good points against you (and Carleas confirmed it too). I have also read the threads quoted back then - yea, back then already, because I wanted to know why you spread so much lies.
Last edited by Kathrina on Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:36 pm

Kathrina wrote:
WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
Kathrina wrote:Just keep describing yourself over and over again. And keep making yourself out to be innocent like you did when you accused Uccisore of what you must be accusing yourself of: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 0#p2597508 .


Seems you have no idea what you're talking about. I listed good points against Uccisore who wasn't very "becoming" of a moderator. I'm not a moderator nor does "making myself out to be innocent" - innocent of what? Yes, I'll kill fucking fascists. That I am guilty of condoning, and proudly so. But killing people I disagree with? No thanks. Accusing Uccisore of what I am doing? That doesn't make any sense. Who are you anyway? Someone who has multiple accounts.

It's the other way around: Uccisore listed good points against you (and Carleas confirmed it too). I have also read the threads quoted back then - yea, back then already, because I wanted to know why you spread so much lies.


What lies? I called out Uccisore for spewing insults which went against the rules for the forum, that I clearly pointed out. There's no lies there and your posts to me seem to be nothing but trollish behavior. This is confirmed by your projection of lies while you indeed lie yourself about pretending "Carleas" confirming anything as a "good point" written by Uccisore in that thread. Maybe you should go troll some weaker minded victims such as URWRONG if you have a desire to get off on spreading some diseased version of sociopathy that you may suffer from.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Kathrina » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Do not play the innocent again. Or do you want to deny that there was this dispute with the moderator Uccisore? Should I quote all relevant posts from that time here? That would go beyond the scope here. Besides, you know exactly what I mean, only you do not want to admit that once again.
I am also not primarily about you, but about the topic here, in which you play only a minor role - but nonetheless as a Wild West cowboy. :violence-instagib: :violence-smack:
Last edited by Kathrina on Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:01 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:

you dont have to mean it


Well then I wouldn't say it...


commendable, but not helpful
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 29404
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:45 pm

Kathrina wrote:Do not play the innocent again. Or do you want to deny that there was this dispute with the moderator Uccisore? Should I quote all relevant posts from that time here? That would go beyond the scope here. Besides, you know exactly what I mean, only you do not want to admit that once again.
I am also not primarily about you, but about the topic here, in which you play only a minor role - but nonetheless as a Wild West cowboy. :violence-instagib: :violence-smack:


I don't know what is wrong with you, but stop it. Stop talking about me, stop misrepresenting me, because you don't have your understanding of what's going on straight, as I already showed
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:07 pm

Carleas may have missed this post because I linked to it from another thread. I think this is one of the most important concepts to explore on ILP:

Ecmandu wrote
What constitutes an insult can be up for debate itself.

Insults are a language unto themselves.

Some people can type walls of seemingly innocuous non ad hom text that when examined closer, are just as insulting as typing “fuck you” as a response.

When I see this, I’ll outline a counterpoint and say fuck you back. Then they start whining about it. Fine. But you stated it first.

In my experience, walls of text responding to walls of text are dumb. I try to be concise. Mostly, that includes swearing (strangely enough)... but swearing is not good enough, it needs to include a real counter argument.


The only real insult is “retard” (which can be stated a great many ways... “ignorant”, “moron”, “wrong”, “shithead”. Etc...

When stated that insults are a language unto themselves... in the context of a discussion it’s about who is using the term correctly for the topic at hand.

Having personal experience with Carleas judging me, I do know the thing he cares about most is that you make an actual argument. I’ll even add to that, that you actually respond to counter arguments.

All posters on these boards make actual arguments, a few cherry pick in their responses. This is when it frustrates others. Is that bannable? Ultimately it’s up to Carleas.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11798
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:33 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Carleas may have missed this post because I linked to it from another thread. I think this is one of the most important concepts to explore on ILP:

Ecmandu wrote
What constitutes an insult can be up for debate itself.

Insults are a language unto themselves.

Some people can type walls of seemingly innocuous non ad hom text that when examined closer, are just as insulting as typing “fuck you” as a response.

When I see this, I’ll outline a counterpoint and say fuck you back. Then they start whining about it. Fine. But you stated it first.

In my experience, walls of text responding to walls of text are dumb. I try to be concise. Mostly, that includes swearing (strangely enough)... but swearing is not good enough, it needs to include a real counter argument.


The only real insult is “retard” (which can be stated a great many ways... “ignorant”, “moron”, “wrong”, “shithead”. Etc...

When stated that insults are a language unto themselves... in the context of a discussion it’s about who is using the term correctly for the topic at hand.

Having personal experience with Carleas judging me, I do know the thing he cares about most is that you make an actual argument. I’ll even add to that, that you actually respond to counter arguments.

All posters on these boards make actual arguments, a few cherry pick in their responses. This is when it frustrates others. Is that bannable? Ultimately it’s up to Carleas.


Let me give an example of blatant cherry picking (not to make this a Trump thread). There are Trumpists on this board...

All the fucking posters on this board know that Trump campaigned with the phrase that if he randomly shot someone to death in Times Square that everyone would love him for it.

I’m sorry, it’s actually funny, that’s immediate grounds for disqualification as president.

When he was president, he wanted to puff up his ego, so he actually casually bragged about national secrets to Russian ambassadors. The result wasn’t funny (these are not stupid people) - they related what trump told them to their intelligence agencies and it outed actual agents (sources and means) and severely compromised US national security. That’s actually treason in the constitution. The punishment for treason is death. It’s not funny shit.

The list goes on and on about Trump.

The point is not about Trump, it’s about the cherry picking. I’d argue that cherry picking is trolling.
Last edited by Ecmandu on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11798
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:35 pm

Ecmandu wrote:All posters on these boards make actual arguments, a few cherry pick in their responses. This is when it frustrates others. Is that bannable? Ultimately it’s up to Carleas.

When you say cherry-pick, do you mean partial quoting and responding to that quote or something else? Because I am guilty of partial quotes - my reasoning is that most of the time I either agree or respect that which I don't quote and respond to.

Also, I made some attempt at arguing both sides of the insult argument but I did not include the wall of text thing even though I too have a disdain toward it - I mainly did not argue that because at the time I was too into all the other arguments and didn't think to mention that if a person is not repetitive in their walls and I am really into the argument and my text is long and the other side is into the argument then I am kinda ok with it, but it is rare - I am with you on the whole concise argument being a preferable way to go since the human mind does have some limitation on what it can effectively digest in X amount of time(I am not going to spend all day typing stuff because I had to spend half a day thinking about the counter-argument).

Meh, I hope this makes sense...anyway the question is about cherry-picking. Never mind, you answered before I posted this.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Magnus Anderson » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:30 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:To recap, essentially with the insurrection and continued support of Trump I declared that a line was drawn, that these Trump supporting maniacs formerly known as Republicans are a threat to our lives, which means we as a democracy loving nation need to draw the line as well and provide absolute intolerance towards the sentiment that these delusional freaks push with their lies, hate and very real threats to our democracy. This does mean that I would have no problem shooting a maniac quasi nazi (Aka Trumptard) right in the head and not think twice about it, as these folks are way beyond reasoning with. There is no real discussion with them, and if you've ever engaged with one you've engaged with them all, as they all buy into the same lies, delusions hook line and sinker, follow the same predictable pathology and are a very real threat to our democracy and our lives as already shown.


This is what you said to Joker in "The Reckoning" thread:

https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... 5#p2802749

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:Not orchestrated by anyone in office and not incited by anyone office unlike your whore piece of shit republican congresspeople and senators and president, some of which who were trying to tell these cocksuckers where Pelosi was, and others who openly call for executing of democrats. I would love to put a bullet in your head so I can sleep better at night.


I think this forum should be a place where people who respect each other (i.e. who do not want to shoot each other) converse on philosophical matters.

If there are members who do not respect other members, they should be removed.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:55 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:
WW_III_ANGRY wrote:To recap, essentially with the insurrection and continued support of Trump I declared that a line was drawn, that these Trump supporting maniacs formerly known as Republicans are a threat to our lives, which means we as a democracy loving nation need to draw the line as well and provide absolute intolerance towards the sentiment that these delusional freaks push with their lies, hate and very real threats to our democracy. This does mean that I would have no problem shooting a maniac quasi nazi (Aka Trumptard) right in the head and not think twice about it, as these folks are way beyond reasoning with. There is no real discussion with them, and if you've ever engaged with one you've engaged with them all, as they all buy into the same lies, delusions hook line and sinker, follow the same predictable pathology and are a very real threat to our democracy and our lives as already shown.


This is what you said to Joker in "The Reckoning" thread:

https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... 5#p2802749

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:Not orchestrated by anyone in office and not incited by anyone office unlike your whore piece of shit republican congresspeople and senators and president, some of which who were trying to tell these cocksuckers where Pelosi was, and others who openly call for executing of democrats. I would love to put a bullet in your head so I can sleep better at night.


I think this forum should be a place where people who respect each other (i.e. who do not want to shoot each other) converse on philosophical matters.

If there are members who do not respect other members, they should be removed.


Well that would be ideal unfortunately this place has become a refuge for a small group of maniacs who want to spread and normalize their quasi nazi fascist agenda and propaganda. Of course, their choices on social media are limited and places like Parler even has serious issues as well as whatever website that degenerate My Pillow guy put forth, so Ilovephilosophy.com can be haven of this type of degenerate or ban them just the same particularly if you ban the likes of anyone who doesn't tolerate that psychopathic racist degenerate garbage such as myself. But I'm pretty sure I know which direction you favor yourself.

Anyone who wants to show these pieces of shit "respect" has no respect from me as well.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Magnus Anderson » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:01 am

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:Well that would be ideal unfortunately this place has become a refuge for a small group of maniacs who want to spread and normalize their quasi nazi fascist agenda and propaganda.


Why should anyone tolerate your behavior? What's the benefit of doing so?

If you think that there are people on this forum who act in a way that is harmful to others, I suggest presenting a case with a cool head. If you're not going to do so, if you are not going to cooperate with others, why should anyone tolerate you?

Anyone who wants to show these pieces of shit "respect" has no respect from me as well.


You are welcome to present your case against those "pieces of shit".
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:12 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:
WW_III_ANGRY wrote:Well that would be ideal unfortunately this place has become a refuge for a small group of maniacs who want to spread and normalize their quasi nazi fascist agenda and propaganda.


Why should anyone tolerate your behavior? What's the benefit of doing so?

If you think that there are people on this forum who act in a way that is harmful to others, I suggest presenting a case with a cool head. If you're not going to do so, if you are not going to cooperate with others, why should anyone tolerate you?

Anyone who wants to show these pieces of shit "respect" has no respect from me as well.


You are welcome to present your case against those "pieces of shit".


My behavior is merely the intolerance of theirs in so much as I wouldn't "behave" any way if it wasn't for their presence here. That can be provided with a myriad of posts from 2013 - 2018 or so until I realized that this sick ilk has infested a place that I used to discuss philosophy and actually learn from others.

Do not let the words I use lead you to assume that am I not of a cool head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGtSA18z3wc
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:24 am

the fact that anyone is still acting like that was a death threat is completely ludicrous.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 29404
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:29 am

Can non philosophical posts be sent/redirected out of serious threads by linking them to a catch all thread in Non philosophical chat?

Posts that threaten or spam insults get sent/redirected to a Rant House catch all thread.

Would setting up a system to relocate irrelevant and/or harmful junk posts be adequate moderation?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8614
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:07 am

Perhaps I have snapped...

If what is going on around here comes back to what I call the mini-me problem then the forum does indeed have some issues. Fanatical behaviors of attempted conversions I do have a big problem with. NO, I do not want to join a cult. There have been many times I have come across these slimy zealots - my answer today is the same as it has always been and the same as it will always be. NO...NO...NO - this is like the picture of the drug pusher and again I say NO. It is despicable behavior and will receive much of my contempt.

Respect is a slippery word in my opinion. On top of that, I am not going to pretend that I know the full story of what on earth is going on around here. Managing my own life outside this place is tough enough but I don't live under a rock either(as much as I would like to sometimes). There are a lot of assumptions I have to make and I do not have time to read every thread properly so I just quickly look at what I can to build some kind of picture. My perception is that there seem to be two sides and those two sides throw the word fascist at each other but how can we have two fascist sides at war? Maybe there can but it does not compute with me - this year at least.

Maniac on the other hand is a word I can work with. Over the last five years, I have been witness to some really peculiar and messed up...um...shit, I guess you could call it. A gigantic conspiracy that I have never seen the likes of before...this is a worrying trend...to think that some of the people I know who have bought into this fear-mongering used to be able to think for themselves. Not only do these people buy into this but then they start to try and spread it(back to the mini-me problem) similar to how a disease spreads(someone pass me the antibiotics). How can I respect that? Well, I simply don't. In the case that respect stands for holding another in high regard, I don't think I have ever used the word like that. I have gotten used to this idea of respect being my ability to humor ideas for a time - letting people have their time to speak through what I was led to believe is their right to do so.

I am happy to think about anything that anyone says to me, agree and disagree, this is all part of it. I will always vote for the side I think is the better of two evils because I don't trust anyone...there is plenty of reasons to have trust issues in the modern world. JUSTIFIED!!! Fanatics on the other hand can bugger off - I will happily stand on my own two feet thanks. Yeah, don't be like me. Think for yourself.

I believe some people are too stupid to understand what think for yourself means - it does not mean that there is this supermarket you go to where you can buy parts to build your persona - oh, look at me, look at me, I am different, I am special, hahaha. Sniffing each other's butts like dogs do to get information >> Oh she likes this type of music and despite the fact that it sounds good I must deprive myself of it so that I can be different. Then something snaps in their brain and instead of wanting to be "themselves" anymore they have to start the disgusting conversion. It is perverse.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Meta



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users