A Discussion of Moderation

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat May 01, 2021 2:03 pm

Hey encode,

Yes, the title of the thread is misleading (the thread should have been called "Book: Decline and Fall of all Evil") and the original post presents no thesis (since it's a thread dedicated to exploring a book.) And yes, as you note, that's against the rules (the written ones, at least.)

Personally, if you ask me, I'd have a rule that says that the opening post of every thread must be an argument. Not a book, not a link to a blog, not an external link of any kind, not even a mere statement of philosophical position. It must be an actual argument for other people to evaluate. And it must be a single, concisely written, argument. Links to books, blogs, videos and other external content should be housed in a different section of the forum (say "Philosophical Works") if at all. And I also think that bloggers (i.e. people who do not merely link to their work but actually post it on this forum) should be treated the same way. Peter Kropotkin is an example. He's largely a blogger.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5125
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Sat May 01, 2021 7:04 pm

I am glad you elaborated on your points regarding purpose Magnus. This makes more sense now.

I started typing a bunch of stuff but I had to stop and shorten it because it was getting out of hand. So I am just going to post this and see what you or anyone else thinks. My apologies in advance if I have not provided enough information to make my intent clear.

Magnus Anderson wrote:I agree that the title of this forum ("I Love Philosophy") suggests that the content of this website should be related to philosophy. I also agree that, in the same exact way, this page that encode_decode linked to describes what kind of place they want to create and maintain (or at the very least, what kind of forum they wanted back in 2009.) However, none of these things explain why they want these things in the first place (: What exactly are they trying to achieve by running a forum that is "dedicated to the discussion of philosophy", that "puts no limitations on the ideas that can be expressed, or the questions that can be asked", and that "[is] a community first [..] [that] must maintain a level of tolerance and politeness"? The answer to THAT question is what I meant when I spoke of the purpose of this forum.

I believe a part of this can be reflected in you or me or anyone else asking ourselves why we came to a philosophy forum in the first place. I have no doubt that over time the why would have changed for you or me or anyone else. Being able to identify our current motivations in life including why we are still here at ILP would be illuminating. Can you see what I mean here? I have to ask because I am not tackling the question of Carleas or ILP here. But an answer to this could help Carleas refine the purpose.

I know this is not a direct exchange focused on what you are saying - I colored the things that came across as most important to address.
So I submit only part of what I have written for you to consider.
Last edited by encode_decode on Sat May 01, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat May 01, 2021 10:42 pm

encode_decode wrote:Can you see what I mean here?


Hardly.

I believe a part of this can be reflected in you or me or anyone else asking ourselves why we came to a philosophy forum in the first place.


I am not sure I understand this. It seems like you're saying that the answer to the question that is "What's the purpose of ILP?" can be found by asking "What's the reason we're visiting ILP?"

I have no doubt that over time the why would have changed for you or me or anyone else.


The "why?" did not and does not change for me. And I am sure this holds true for many other people too.

Being able to identify our current addictions in life including why we are still here at ILP would be illuminating.


You are assuming that I am (and perhaps that we all are) addicted to ILP.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5125
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Sat May 01, 2021 10:46 pm

Unless there is something I am not seeing, someone like Magnus seems to be a sufficient choice for moderator.
It would appear that he would not let anyone get away with anything even if they were his friends. I don't know, I could be wrong.

Carleas wrote:[1] Who among current active users would you trust to act as moderator, and why? (feel free to recommend yourself or to reject someone else's recommendation -- in either case, I'd still be interested in the why)

If I may make a suggestion, having someone that is trusted or respected to act as a moderator may require some minor revision.

The reasons are as follows:

  1. From my observation, there is not an overabundance of respect getting around on this forum at the moment.
  2. The current mood in many regions of the world does not lend itself well to trust.

While there are certain members that respect each other - some of those who would approve of certain recommendations are not likely to take part in this discussion and therefore their approvals would go unheard.

What we/you need and it has already been suggested in this discussion(not in so many words), is someone or more than one person that is capable of remaining neutral given any argument to moderate it. Mods need to clean the forum up a little when the need arises and as such: some threads need to be moved, some people need to be warned and others at times will need to be banned. I know everyone is aware of the painful truths and I am sure everyone would be happier with someone or more than one person who will take the action that is required and remain neutral where it is needed to ensure the peaceful, and most importantly, proper operation of ILP.

It may even end up being the case that someone or persons will need to be selected by you alone Carleas.
This is of course dependent on those selected, being happy to moderate.

Just a thought.
Last edited by encode_decode on Sun May 02, 2021 5:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Sat May 01, 2021 10:48 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:
encode_decode wrote:Can you see what I mean here?


Hardly.

I believe a part of this can be reflected in you or me or anyone else asking ourselves why we came to a philosophy forum in the first place.


I am not sure I understand this. It seems like you're saying that the answer to the question that is "What's the purpose of ILP?" can be found by asking "What's the reason we're visiting ILP?"

I have no doubt that over time the why would have changed for you or me or anyone else.


The "why?" did not and does not change for me. And I am sure this holds true for many other people too.

Being able to identify our current addictions in life including why we are still here at ILP would be illuminating.


You are assuming that I am (and perhaps that we all are) addicted to ILP.

Oh shoot, I meant motivations, not addictions - I did not catch that.
...and nope, I am not assuming anything Magnus but thanks for taking the time to answer.

It may be difficult to fully address what you are saying about purpose if Carleas does not know why the place was created, to begin with. I am not entirely convinced that we all need to know - just going with his current suggestion of purpose seems like it would suffice to me. It is possible that you are overthinking it.

I am all out of ideas - it seems like everything has been covered
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Sun May 02, 2021 5:20 am

I blame lack of sleep for my impairment but I forgot to add this to the top of my last post.

Magnus, the contraption I presented tells me that you are able to go into the healthy mental territory required to give fair assessments on situations. I was not too sure as some of your points throughout this thread while right on the mark were very rigid. I am just making sure you are leaving enough room for the things that are not always obvious. Your responses are right on the mark with the exception of the last one which I take full responsibility for and I have updated my post to reflect that as well as commented under the quote to show that I am aware of the brainfart.

It is interesting that your reason for coming here has never changed - mine has changed a little over time but is mostly the same.
Lastly, I read the rules to make an estimate of whether the forum might be a good fit for me when I first arrived.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun May 02, 2021 1:29 pm

encode_decode wrote:Oh shoot, I meant motivations, not addictions - I did not catch that.
...and nope, I am not assuming anything Magnus but thanks for taking the time to answer.


Noted.

It may be difficult to fully address what you are saying about purpose if Carleas does not know why the place was created, to begin with. I am not entirely convinced that we all need to know - just going with his current suggestion of purpose seems like it would suffice to me. It is possible that you are overthinking it.


There are benefits to revealing what the purpose of one's forum is. But there are also costs. The benefits include things such as making it easier for others to influence you in a positive way e.g. by making you realize that there exists a better set of rules for your forum. The costs, on the other hand, mostly revolve around the amount of time you have to spend becoming conscious of what you really want. I believe the former far outweighs the latter.

Magnus, the contraption I presented tells me that you are able to go into the healthy mental territory required to give fair assessments on situations. I was not too sure as some of your points throughout this thread while right on the mark were very rigid. I am just making sure you are leaving enough room for the things that are not always obvious.


The world in which everyone agrees with everyone else is nowhere in sight, so one can expect that for the foreseeable future there will be people who disagree with how things are run. That said, there must be a way to deal with such people. The simplest way to do so is to ignore them but I am not sure that's the best way to go -- at least not as a long-term strategy. My idea is to listen to what they have to say but to do so at your own pace (which should be negotiable but only up to a point.) If someone disagrees with the way a forum is run, they should be allowed to present their case; and those running the forum, they should be allowed to determine and communicate how much time they need to understand and respond to the complaints. I think the interaction between those who run things and those who use things should be a bit warmer than it currently is. (And to ensure that, I believe, forums must be sufficiently small.)

(I am of the strong opinion that many such interactions would eventually lead to the question of the purpose of the forum. As many people try to influence the owners, they slowly realize that a lot of failed and unnecessary attempts are due to the fact that they don't know -- and are thus forced to presume -- what those running the forum want.)

In other words, if you disagree with the way I think forums should be moderatored, you can discuss it with me.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5125
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Mon May 03, 2021 1:18 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:The world in which everyone agrees with everyone else is nowhere in sight, so one can expect that for the foreseeable future there will be people who disagree with how things are run. That said, there must be a way to deal with such people. The simplest way to do so is to ignore them but I am not sure that's the best way to go -- at least not as a long-term strategy. My idea is to listen to what they have to say but to do so at your own pace (which should be negotiable but only up to a point.) If someone disagrees with the way a forum is run, they should be allowed to present their case; and those running the forum, they should be allowed to determine and communicate how much time they need to understand and respond to the complaints. I think the interaction between those who run things and those who use things should be a bit warmer than it currently is. (And to ensure that, I believe, forums must be sufficiently small.)

Yes Magnus, this is a balanced viewpoint that you are presenting here.
A sufficiently small and sufficiently warm forum with the mods and users in understanding of each other's respective positions is the around about way I would sum it up.


Magnus Anderson wrote:In other words, if you disagree with the way I think forums should be moderated, you can discuss it with me.

I agree. As long as it remains a two-way street is what is important to me in this case.

The rest is pretty simple at its heart - just one example: we just need to get the noxious comments(you know, the obviously unnecessary ones) out of the threads - there is a rant house for that.
Some expression is not fitting of the topic.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Great Again » Sun May 09, 2021 12:20 pm

If it has become necessary to ban the ILP mass, because the regulations require it (see for instance: "this forum is supposed to be a community that must maintain a level of tolerance and politeness"), then the question immediately arises why the ILP leadership has allowed the banning of the ILP mass. The responsibility has - one way or another - the ILP leadership.

Thus, the ILP leadership is always left with the question of whether or not to take the risk of applying the rules consequently and consistently.

And yet: this forum must be a community that must maintain tolerance and politeness!
Image
User avatar
Great Again
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Sun May 09, 2021 7:48 pm

What is considered polite in one culture is not always considered polite in another culture.

A level of tolerance seems to be more important than politeness no matter where you go on the internet.

There is a lot more going on than just this, however, if we are going to be realistic about it. Realism is not humanity's greatest strength at the moment.

It is pretty common to see people with one set of beliefs not be tolerant of other people with a different set of beliefs.

Discussion and debate seem like two very simple ideas on the surface but people never fail to complicate things more than they need to.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Great Again » Mon May 10, 2021 1:56 am

encode_decode wrote:What is considered polite in one culture is not always considered polite in another culture.

What is considered culture in one culture is not always considered culture in another culture.

encode_decode wrote:A level of tolerance seems to be more important than politeness no matter where you go on the internet.

There is a lot more going on than just this, however, if we are going to be realistic about it. Realism is not humanity's greatest strength at the moment.

It is pretty common to see people with one set of beliefs not be tolerant of other people with a different set of beliefs.

Discussion and debate seem like two very simple ideas on the surface but people never fail to complicate things more than they need to.

Be realistic:

Impoliteness is booming in the ILP web forum.

Impoliteness can be detected, i.e. recognized as a fact. Intolerance is harder to prove because there are too many possibilities for excuses on the side of the accused.

Probability tells me something that my experience also confirms: One can be polite and still be intolerant; but if one is impolite, one is usually also intolerant - at any rate, this is more likely to be the case than the reverse.

Intolerance is harder to fight directly than indirectly; impoliteness is easier to fight directly than indirectly; therefore impoliteness must be addressed first and directly, because that is the only way to get both, impoliteness and intolerance, under control.

If we were to start here with the solution of the problem of intolerance, most ILP members would discuss this issue almost endlessly and probably successfully to the effect that they would not be punished. That is the situation we have here.

If we were to start here with the solution of the problem of impoliteness, an important step would already have been taken to solve both problems: (1) the problem of impoliteness and (2) the problem of intolerance.
Image
User avatar
Great Again
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Mon May 10, 2021 2:22 am

Great Again wrote:What is considered culture in one culture is not always considered culture in another culture.

Perhaps signaling intolerance? I fail to see the value in this statement if one is serious about moving forward to arrive at some resolution. This could be seen as the reverse of colonial mentality.

Great Again wrote:Be realistic: impoliteness is booming in the ILP web forum. The impoliteness can be detected, i.e. recognized as a fact. Intolerance is harder to prove because there are too many possibilities for excuses on the side of the accused.

Probability tells me something that my experience also confirms: One can be polite and still be intolerant; but if one is impolite, one is usually also intolerant - at any rate, this is more likely to be the case than the reverse.

Intolerance is harder to fight directly than indirectly; impoliteness is easier to fight directly than indirectly; therefore impoliteness must be addressed first and directly, because that is the only way to get both, impoliteness and intolerance, under control.

If we were to start here with the solution of the problem of intolerance, most ILP members would discuss this issue almost endlessly and probably successfully to the effect that they would not be punished. That is the situation we have here.

If we started here with the solution of the problem of impoliteness, an important step would already have been taken to solve both problems: (1) the problem of impoliteness and (2) the problem of intolerance.

Of course, impoliteness is booming here at ILP. All we can do is talk about it. We don't have the power to change anything here. There are not enough members in the leadership to manage things effectively now.

There actually only seem to be two outcomes given what we know. The first would be that everyone just chills out and makes the most of what is left and the second is the forum dies its seemingly inevitable death as a serious platform for provoking thought and becomes a half-baked social platform...unless of course something miraculous happens. I don't see being realistic as anything outside of these two outcomes at this point in time...do you?

I don't see anyone rushing forward to be moderator and I don't see any significant turnover with regard to new members replacing members that no longer take part.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Great Again » Mon May 10, 2021 3:06 am

encode_decode wrote:
Great Again wrote:What is considered culture in one culture is not always considered culture in another culture.

Perhaps signaling intolerance? I fail to see the value in this statement if one is serious about moving forward to arrive at some resolution. This could be seen as the reverse of colonial mentality.

Great Again wrote:Be realistic: impoliteness is booming in the ILP web forum. The impoliteness can be detected, i.e. recognized as a fact. Intolerance is harder to prove because there are too many possibilities for excuses on the side of the accused.

Probability tells me something that my experience also confirms: One can be polite and still be intolerant; but if one is impolite, one is usually also intolerant - at any rate, this is more likely to be the case than the reverse.

Intolerance is harder to fight directly than indirectly; impoliteness is easier to fight directly than indirectly; therefore impoliteness must be addressed first and directly, because that is the only way to get both, impoliteness and intolerance, under control.

If we were to start here with the solution of the problem of intolerance, most ILP members would discuss this issue almost endlessly and probably successfully to the effect that they would not be punished. That is the situation we have here.

If we started here with the solution of the problem of impoliteness, an important step would already have been taken to solve both problems: (1) the problem of impoliteness and (2) the problem of intolerance.

Of course, impoliteness is booming here at ILP. All we can do is talk about it. We don't have the power to change anything here. There are not enough members in the leadership to manage things effectively now.

There actually only seem to be two outcomes given what we know. The first would be that everyone just chills out and makes the most of what is left and the second is the forum dies its seemingly inevitable death as a serious platform for provoking thought and becomes a half-baked social platform...unless of course something miraculous happens. I don't see being realistic as anything outside of these two outcomes at this point in time...do you?

Wait. ....

M_.jpg
M_.jpg (6.72 KiB) Viewed 244 times

.... No. ... I see nothing at all.

But ... wait again, please .... Yes, now I see the darkness.

encode_decode wrote:I don't see anyone rushing forward to be moderator and I don't see any significant turnover with regard to new members replacing members that no longer take part.

Those who have been suggested as (candidates for) moderators have not yet responded. Is that a bad sign? No. We have to be patient.
Image
User avatar
Great Again
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Mon May 10, 2021 6:15 am

Great Again wrote:
encode_decode wrote:I don't see anyone rushing forward to be moderator and I don't see any significant turnover with regard to new members replacing members that no longer take part.

Those who have been suggested as (candidates for) moderators have not yet responded. Is that a bad sign? No. We have to be patient.

Sure, not a bad sign at all. My vote is still with Magnus - he seems like the most balanced choice out of all the suggestions to me. Not everyone has the same outlook.
In the meantime, I have plenty of things to do to keep me occupied, satisfied and happy - on and off the ILP site. I am happy to wait for as long as it takes.

I have been enjoying reading through a couple of conversations on here, which is a good thing.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby promethean75 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:54 pm

Magnus Anderson is the only ILP member of several years who posts consistently that has not gone crazy.

I add myself here but only because I was already crazy, I didn't become crazy at ILP.
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4701
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue May 11, 2021 6:06 pm

promethean75 wrote:Magnus Anderson is the only ILP member of several years who posts consistently that has not gone crazy.

I add myself here but only because I was already crazy, I didn't become crazy at ILP.


i feel attacked
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 29527
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Kathrina » Fri May 14, 2021 3:22 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
Kathrina wrote:Do not play the innocent again. Or do you want to deny that there was this dispute with the moderator Uccisore? Should I quote all relevant posts from that time here? That would go beyond the scope here. Besides, you know exactly what I mean, only you do not want to admit that once again.
I am also not primarily about you, but about the topic here, in which you play only a minor role - but nonetheless as a Wild West cowboy. :violence-instagib: :violence-smack:


I don't know what is wrong with you, but stop it. Stop talking about me, stop misrepresenting me, because you don't have your understanding of what's going on straight, as I already showed

That is again a lie. And you showed nothing except your unacceptable behavior.

Magnus Anderson wrote:
WW_III_ANGRY wrote:Well that would be ideal unfortunately this place has become a refuge for a small group of maniacs who want to spread and normalize their quasi nazi fascist agenda and propaganda.


Why should anyone tolerate your behavior? What's the benefit of doing so?

If you think that there are people on this forum who act in a way that is harmful to others, I suggest presenting a case with a cool head. If you're not going to do so, if you are not going to cooperate with others, why should anyone tolerate you?

He is not able to understand what you say, because he is not able to behave differently from what he is used to.

He believes - like a Wild West hero - that it doesn't bother anyone when he says he wishes others should have a bullet in their head.

Magnus Anderson wrote:
WW_III_ANGRY wrote:To recap, essentially with the insurrection and continued support of Trump I declared that a line was drawn, that these Trump supporting maniacs formerly known as Republicans are a threat to our lives, which means we as a democracy loving nation need to draw the line as well and provide absolute intolerance towards the sentiment that these delusional freaks push with their lies, hate and very real threats to our democracy. This does mean that I would have no problem shooting a maniac quasi nazi (Aka Trumptard) right in the head and not think twice about it, as these folks are way beyond reasoning with. There is no real discussion with them, and if you've ever engaged with one you've engaged with them all, as they all buy into the same lies, delusions hook line and sinker, follow the same predictable pathology and are a very real threat to our democracy and our lives as already shown.


This is what you said to Joker in "The Reckoning" thread:

https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... 5#p2802749

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:Not orchestrated by anyone in office and not incited by anyone office unlike your whore piece of shit republican congresspeople and senators and president, some of which who were trying to tell these cocksuckers where Pelosi was, and others who openly call for executing of democrats. I would love to put a bullet in your head so I can sleep better at night.


I think this forum should be a place where people who respect each other (i.e. who do not want to shoot each other) converse on philosophical matters.

If there are members who do not respect other members, they should be removed.

=D>
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Ecmandu » Sat May 15, 2021 4:46 pm

You have to unfortunately go crazy here to become sane. Why? Because we weren’t taught shit. That’ll make anyone crazy, they have to climb the hill of sanity by themselves.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11951
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby MagsJ » Sat May 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
promethean75 wrote:Magnus Anderson is the only ILP member of several years who posts consistently that has not gone crazy.

I add myself here but only because I was already crazy, I didn't become crazy at ILP.


i feel attacked

Magnus A is a sock-puppet.. I can tell.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 22278
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Sun May 16, 2021 2:05 am

MagsJ wrote:Magnus A is a sock-puppet.. I can tell.

No way! I would never have guessed. He seems legit.

Seriously though, really?

:lol:
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby MagsJ » Sun May 16, 2021 11:03 am

encode_decode wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Magnus A is a sock-puppet.. I can tell.

No way! I would never have guessed. He seems legit.

Seriously though, really?

:lol:

I could be wrong.. maybe I just find him odd. :P
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 22278
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun May 16, 2021 1:57 pm

encode_decode wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Magnus A is a sock-puppet.. I can tell.

No way! I would never have guessed. He seems legit.

Seriously though, really?

:lol:


But who's sock-puppet?
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5125
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun May 16, 2021 5:40 pm

what if you found out that i was literally every account on ilp except you and that for years you've just been having conversations with 1 dude?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 29527
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby Ecmandu » Sun May 16, 2021 6:32 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:what if you found out that i was literally every account on ilp except you and that for years you've just been having conversations with 1 dude?


What if you found out that everyone on earth was just the same dude besides you?!

My answer to this: you better be pretty fucking impressive.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11951
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: A Discussion of Moderation

Postby encode_decode » Mon May 17, 2021 9:33 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:But who's sock-puppet?

Yeah, hahaha. I wrote a big post about it yesterday but decided not to post it.

I can not imagine you being a sock puppet. There is nobody else on here that reminds me of you.

If you are, then you really do play it very well, indeed.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

PreviousNext

Return to Meta



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users