Moderator: Carleas

Should we ban Polish Youth and how?

Yes, let's give him a permanent IP ban
48%
Yes, let's give him a permanent account ban
No votes
Yes, let's give him a 3-month account ban
No votes
No, don't ban him, I like him (said noone ever)
52%

Total votes : 21

Re: Petition to ban Polish Youth

Postby Zeroeth Nature » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:14 pm

MidgeT, there have been lots of sock-puppets here over the years, but there are also lots of conspiracy nuts who suspect every other person of being a sock-puppet. (I strongly suspect you wrongly accused Mowk because you thought he was a sock-puppet, just as you've wrongly accused me of being a sock-puppet. You cesspool cretin.)
"Tragic art [...] is designated as reconciliation of Apollon and Dionysos: appearance [die Erscheinung] is given the most profound significance, through Dionysos: and yet this appearance is negated, and negated with pleasure./[...]/Happiness about existence is only possible as happiness about show [der Schein.]/Happiness about becoming is only possible in annihilation of the real[,] of 'existence', of beautiful semblance [der schöne Anschein], in the pessimistic destruction of illusion./[I]n the annihilation of even the most beautiful show, Dionysian happiness reaches its summit." (Nietzsche, workbook Autumn 1885-Autumn 1886 2 [110], my translation.)
Zeroeth Nature

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:19 pm

She accused me of being a sock puppet!

Absurd!

Who did she think I sounded like? Anyone who reads my posts on the internet can see uniqueness that nobody else brings to bear. Now, granted, I’ve tried to rejoin boards that I was banned from a decade ago with a different username... but that’s not technically a sock puppet. Sock puppets are people who debate themselves in their own threads with different usernames.

What is more accurate a term is: role playing

Some people like to role play different personalities.

I do neither of them.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:27 pm

Fuck the socket puppets, bring them all on and we will beat the shit out of them. I will maul every motherfucker who thinks he is too clever and I am ready to take on whole forums of pretentious cunt loonies by myself. BRING THEM ON.
At the beginning there was only Chaos, Night, dark Erebus, and deep Tartarus. Earth, the air and heaven had no existence. Firstly, blackwinged Night laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebus, and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated in deep Tartarus with dark Chaos, winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did nove yielded themselves to their lovers when almost at the end of their youth, being led away by the gift of a quail, a waterfowl, a goose, or a cock.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby Zeroeth Nature » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:43 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Now, granted, I’ve tried to rejoin boards that I was banned from a decade ago with a different username... but that’s not technically a sock puppet.

Well, technicalities aside, I do think that counts as a sock puppet. Although that rule may well expire in less than a decade. And in any case, I don't think you've done that on ILP.
Zeroeth Nature

Postby MagsJ » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:12 pm

_
Yes, there are sock-puppets and conspiracy theorists alike. Think what you like, regarding who’s a sock-puppet or no.. I and astute others, can tell.

No, Mowk used to troll my inbox under the username Mowk, d’uh.. he seemed to like telling me off. :icon-rolleyes:

Good day.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:55 pm

My experience with sock puppets came from my MMORPG days...

You’d have to 1 dude playing 5 different characters on the same screen with 6 different screens at once (30 different characters)

To sound like a female dark elf, they’d always say shit like, “teehee”. 99% of the population was male, so sock puppets were at 50%.

I’ve never done that shit on the internet.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Otto » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 am

What annoys a poster more: the troll or the sock-puppet?

Trolls and sock-puppets are functions of a strategy.

This petition is to ban someone who is considered a troll, isn't it?

Good day.
Otto

Postby Meno_ » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:04 pm

What's the most necessary relation between troll and suckpuppet , for can a poster be indicative of both?

Im sure there are hybreds, and by consequence, would they not be the most xxxxx ( expletive) .?
Meno_
breathless

Postby encode_decode » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:26 pm

A sock puppet is just an alternative account from what I am led to believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sock_puppet_account wrote:A sock puppet or sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person.

Taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sock_puppet_account

A troll could use an alternative account.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:08 pm

Meno_ wrote:What's the most necessary relation between troll and suckpuppet , for can a poster be indicative of both?

Im sure there are hybreds, and by consequence, would they not be the most xxxxx ( expletive) .?

Oh yeah, they can be both. What defines a sock puppet is talking to yourself on a different account and trying to hide it

Trolls are just agitating people to gain attention, or just to be sadistic.

They are different concepts and they can be used together.

The worst is obviously a sock puppet troll, the worst of both worlds.

My trying to go back to a board under a different username because of a decade long ban is neither sock puppet or troll. I wasn’t role playing myself, I just posted about what I learned over 10 years... people knew it was me. Unfortunately, I was an idiot 10 years ago, so I got permabanned again...

But I did find it funny that they called me a sock puppet for a permaban. Sock puppets need more than one account at the same time. Obviously, my other account was banned, so it was impossible for me to legally be banned by the terminology.

They just didn’t like me. Hell, back then, I didn’t even like me. I don’t blame them a bit. My biggest sin in life has been ignorance, and ignorance is not a sin. I do wish I had wiser interlocutors back then to teach me easily what I had to learn the hard way.

But wishes don’t always make it so. I had to learn stuff for the entire species, there was nobody on earth to teach me. And I’ll tell you: it sucked.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Otto » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:23 pm

Meno_ wrote:What's the most necessary relation between troll and suckpuppet , for can a poster be indicative of both?

encode_decode wrote:A sock puppet is just an alternative account from what I am led to believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sock_puppet_account wrote:A sock puppet or sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person.

Taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sock_puppet_account

A troll could use an alternative account.

Yes, of course, but then he/she "works" in two ways : as a troll and as a sockpuppet.

A sockpuppet can be or become a troll, but then he/she "works" in two ways : as a sockpuppet and as a troll.

That's funny, isn't it. :)

Again:

Otto wrote:What annoys a poster more: the troll or the sock-puppet?

Trolls and sock-puppets are functions of a strategy.

This petition is to ban someone who is considered a troll, isn't it?
Otto

Postby encode_decode » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:43 pm

:lol:

If I had another account, I could troll myself

...ignore everybody else?..

I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:49 pm

encode_decode wrote::lol:

People do actually do that!!! As they say about the world, “it takes all kinds”
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Otto » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:53 pm

encode_decode wrote: :lol:

Yes. :lol:

That's a funny idea, isn't it?

Basically, a troll is very self-centered, downright self-absorbed. A "professional" troll does not tolerate anyone else next to him/her. This does not necessarily mean that a troll ignores everyone - because a troll needs the others, after all -, but that a troll uses everyone to elevate him-/herself, which seems to the others, however, with much justification like ignoring.
Otto

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:35 pm

to troll: make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them. nothing new, internet pranking. I never trolled in my life but I imagine it would be fun.
At the beginning there was only Chaos, Night, dark Erebus, and deep Tartarus. Earth, the air and heaven had no existence. Firstly, blackwinged Night laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebus, and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated in deep Tartarus with dark Chaos, winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did nove yielded themselves to their lovers when almost at the end of their youth, being led away by the gift of a quail, a waterfowl, a goose, or a cock.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby Kathrina » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:44 am

Why have you been banned from KTS?

Just for fun?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kathrina

Postby Kathrina » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:48 am

Kathrina wrote:
Magnus Anderson wrote:I am not sure Sculptor is a troll. He seems to be merely unpleasant (not that such should be tolerated.) Lev Muishkin was worse, I think.

But then you couldn't have petitioned either, because there are no rules in this webforum about who is a troll and who is a stalker, although you can find out pretty easily by going through post by post, thread by thread. You can figure it out! Funny that "Facebook" as the largest web forum in the world has "fact checkers" as censors and the small web forum "ILovePhilosophy" doesn't even have a moderation.

I have given many more references than you have and, unlike you, have also spoken of stalking. Have you ever had to endure stalking? I have looked at the relevant posts again.

And as for the communists, well, it's clear anyway that they tend to cover for a communist. There would have to be a neutral moderation. But there is not. We should renew the moderation in a neutral direction. See Great Again's thread "Renewing the Moderation". But will such a renewed moderation work?

What else remains as a poster is the ignore list.
MagsJ wrote:@Kathrina.. I quite liked Lev, but trolling others around ain’t a great thing to be doing. People get off on doing it, I guess.

Ierrellus summed it up quite well:
Ierrellus wrote:You want a good example of a stalker. Try the one that rides my ass.
Ierrellus wrote:Lev Muishkin. He follows most of my posts with ad homs.
Kathrina

Postby MagsJ » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:28 am

Kathrina wrote:
MagsJ wrote:@Kathrina.. I quite liked Lev, but trolling others around ain’t a great thing to be doing. People get off on doing it, I guess.

Ierrellus wrote:You want a good example of a stalker. Try the one that rides my ass.

I remember those days, like it was yesterday.. Lev, following Ierr’s every post and move, around.
Last edited by MagsJ on Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Kathrina » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:14 am

MagsJ wrote:
Kathrina wrote:

I remember those days, like it was yesterday.. Lev, following Ierr’s every post and move.

That was crazy, really. Stalking, trolling, throwing ad hominems against Ierrellus without end.
Kathrina

Postby MagsJ » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:20 am

Kathrina wrote:
MagsJ wrote:I remember those days, like it was yesterday.. Lev, following Ierr’s every post and move.

That was crazy, really. Stalking, trolling, throwing ad hominems against Ierrellus without end.

..and now Ierrellus has Iambiguous to do that to him.. though Ierr has told him to do one, and Iam.. obliged.

If only all matters could be rectified in such a manner as that. :D
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:31 am

Yes, let's give him a permanent IP ban: 8 votes 42%
Yes, let's give him a permanent account ban: 0 votes
Yes, let's give him a 3-month account ban: 0 votes
No, don't ban him, I like him (said noone ever): 11 votes 58%
Total votes : 19

First.. where did all these 19 people come from? :-k wow!
Second.. it’s now only 8 to 11 against a ban.
MagsJ

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:58 pm

What was your vote? If I tell you you look 17 and are very beautiful will you vote no?
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:23 pm

MagsJ wrote:Yes, let's give him a permanent IP ban: 8 votes 42%
Yes, let's give him a permanent account ban: 0 votes
Yes, let's give him a 3-month account ban: 0 votes
No, don't ban him, I like him (said noone ever): 11 votes 58%
Total votes : 19

First.. where did all these 19 people come from? :-k wow!
Second.. it’s now only 8 to 11 against a ban.

Well no, sorry.. was too early in the morning for me #-o No, don't ban him, I like him (said noone ever): 11 votes 58% - that’s also against him lol.. I guess the humour was lost on me, and the blood-flow to my brain equally lost. :lol:

So that’s 8 + 11 for a ban.
MagsJ

Postby Magnus Anderson » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:33 pm

Most people are against banning him, the question is why?

What do you gain by having him around?
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:00 pm

Jesus you asperg kooks are creepy as fuck.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Meta