A nod to Phyllo

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby phyllo » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:23 am

You got plenty of attention before you started calling everyone 'psychopath' and 'rapist'.

Try toning it down a bit and maybe you will get it back.

What have you got to lose?
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12345
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:13 am

phyllo wrote:You got plenty of attention before you started calling everyone 'psychopath' and 'rapist'.

Try toning it down a bit and maybe you will get it back.

What have you got to lose?


You can’t handle it. When the best times of your lives shatter the hearts of others ... you are a sadist.

I’m waking you up. I used to be like you, understand this: I used to be like you. I’m teaching now.

You always have the privilege of ignoring others.

I’m teaching again: ignoring others makes you a lesser person.

But I have no more stakes in this with you. I’ve said everything in this post that’s important to say to you to that regard.

You just decided to quit this particular social club.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11798
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby Mr J » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:16 am

I think the biggest takeaway from this thread is that an actual woman reproduced with Biggie and he had a daughter with her, I find that in of itself to be shockingly disturbing, I mean, when she was laying naked on the bed did he move up onto the pillows and whisper in her ear, "Hey Baby, let me tell you something about dasein." I mean, how does that even work exactly or come into play? :-k =;

I've now heard it all. :-? Anyways, this is my final reflection upon this thread.
User avatar
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:19 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:I think the biggest takeaway from this thread is that an actual woman reproduced with Biggie and he had a daughter with her, I find that in of itself to be shockingly disturbing, I mean, when she was laying naked on the bed did he move up onto the pillows and whisper in her ear, "Hey Baby, let me tell you something about dasein." I mean, how does that even work exactly or come into play? :-k =;

I've now heard it all. :-? Anyways, this is my final reflection upon this thread.


That's your take on it, fine. I'll let others draw their own conclusions as to its merit.

Me, I'm sticking with you giving me yet another opportunity on another thread to expose just how chickenshit you are to go here:

But there's still this part:

1] there is a "real me" and there is a set of moral and political values that encompass objectively "the right thing to do". You thought it was one thing, then another, then another.

2] there is no "real me" and there is no set of moral and political values that encompass objectively "the right thing to do". Instead "I" here is embodied subjectively/existentially in dasein, in moral and political prejudices...in the arguments I make for it/this in my si
gnature threads; and specifically in this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529 .


And this part:

Also, once you change your moral and political frame of mind, you are acknowledging that you were once wrong about the is/ought world around you. And, once you acknowledge this, you are acknowledging that, sure, you might be wrong again. You are acknowledging that, yeah, given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information, knowledge and ideas, you might be prompted to change your mind again. And again.


And this part:

So, what I suggest is that we focus in on a particular set of circumstances in which we can examine our respective moral and political philosophies. Given all of the points we raise above.

And, most important of all, I'm less interested in what you or I believed/believe regarding all of the things you and I were/are, and more interested in how exactly you and I would go about demonstrating to others that all rational men and women are obligated to think and feel the same.


And especially this part:

You say that "here and now" you are a "polytheistic pagan Gnostic with an affinity for mysticism, the esoteric, and the general occult. I lean kinda towards pantheism."

Okay, let's zero in on a particular context, a particular set of "conflicting goods" in which as this you now choose one set of behaviors that you would not have chosen as one of the many things you once were previously.

As this relates to my own interest in philosophy: morality here and now, immortality there and then.

And as it relates to your interests.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 41103
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby Mr J » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:08 pm

Very well Biggie, I'll take a look at your thread. 8)

[After lunch time here.]
User avatar
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:16 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:Very well Biggie, I'll take a look at your thread. 8)

[After lunch time here.]


Right, whatever that means. :lol:

Just out of curiosity, that smug and scoffing persona portrayed in your avatar...

Now, as we all know, the cartoon character Jokers of comic book fame -- and those up on silver screen -- always walked the talk.

How do you walk it?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 41103
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby Mr J » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:34 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:Very well Biggie, I'll take a look at your thread. 8)

[After lunch time here.]


Right, whatever that means. :lol:

Just out of curiosity, that smug and scoffing persona portrayed in your avatar...

Now, as we all know, the cartoon character Jokers of comic book fame -- and those up on silver screen -- always walked the talk.

How do you walk it?


Everybody will see how I truly roll once the demise and collapse of the United States is complete. :evilfun:

I however don't want to give anybody any spoilers on that at the moment. It's more fun that way and I like to leave a bit of mystery or intrigue behind. I have future plans or reservations though, don't you worry about that Biggie. 8)
User avatar
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:58 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:Very well Biggie, I'll take a look at your thread. 8)

[After lunch time here.]


Right, whatever that means. :lol:

Just out of curiosity, that smug and scoffing persona portrayed in your avatar...

Now, as we all know, the cartoon character Jokers of comic book fame -- and those up on silver screen -- always walked the talk.

How do you walk it?


Everybody will see how I truly roll once the demise and collapse of the United States is complete. :evilfun:

I however don't want to give anybody any spoilers on that at the moment. It's more fun that way and I like to leave a bit of mystery or intrigue behind. I have future plans or reservations though, don't you worry about that Biggie. 8)


About what I expected.

The collapse of the united states? You've been predicting that for at least as long as I've been here.

So it is still largely "in your head". And, thus, how you "roll" is still largely in there too.

But, come on, given us some indication that this is not all just you talking the talk but not walking it. What is at least in the planning stages? And does it involve becoming a survivalist isolated from "society"...or more in the other direction: becoming involved in a clandestine political struggle to reconfigure the world more to your liking.

And what I worry about is the extent to which, as with Ecmandu and others here, your posts can all be explained by a..."condition"?

Oh, and a nod to Phyllo too. 8)
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 41103
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby Mr J » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:08 pm

iambiguous wrote:
About what I expected.

The collapse of the united states? You've been predicting that for at least as long as I've been here.

So it is still largely "in your head". And, thus, how you "roll" is still largely in there too.

But, come on, given us some indication that this is not all just you talking the talk but not walking it. What is at least in the planning stages? And does it involve becoming a survivalist isolated from "society"...or more in the other direction: becoming involved in a clandestine political struggle to reconfigure the world more to your liking.

And what I worry about is the extent to which, as with Ecmandu and others here, your posts can all be explained by a..."condition"?

Oh, and a nod to Phyllo too. 8)


It has been a slow motion train wreck for sometime Biggie, but don't you worry, it's going to derail soon enough. I don't have to explain or justify anything to you. Soon my prediction will justify itself in real time and you can then remember how crazy Joker over here was right all along all these years. Just ask yourself what dasein has to say on the matter thereafter. 8)
User avatar
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:23 pm

Zero_Sum wrote: I don't have to explain or justify anything to you.


That's true. It's just that sites like this are created in order for us to explain and to justify our points of view. It's just that the fulminating fanatics here are, in my own subjective-rooted-in-dasein opinion, chickenshit when it comes to taking their explanations and justifications here:

But there's still this part:

1] there is a "real me" and there is a set of moral and political values that encompass objectively "the right thing to do". You thought it was one thing, then another, then another.

2] there is no "real me" and there is no set of moral and political values that encompass objectively "the right thing to do". Instead "I" here is embodied subjectively/existentially in dasein, in moral and political prejudices...in the arguments I make for it/this in my si
gnature threads; and specifically in this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529 .


And this part:

Also, once you change your moral and political frame of mind, you are acknowledging that you were once wrong about the is/ought world around you. And, once you acknowledge this, you are acknowledging that, sure, you might be wrong again. You are acknowledging that, yeah, given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information, knowledge and ideas, you might be prompted to change your mind again. And again.


And this part:

So, what I suggest is that we focus in on a particular set of circumstances in which we can examine our respective moral and political philosophies. Given all of the points we raise above.

And, most important of all, I'm less interested in what you or I believed/believe regarding all of the things you and I were/are, and more interested in how exactly you and I would go about demonstrating to others that all rational men and women are obligated to think and feel the same.


And especially this part:

You say that "here and now" you are a "polytheistic pagan Gnostic with an affinity for mysticism, the esoteric, and the general occult. I lean kinda towards pantheism."

Okay, let's zero in on a particular context, a particular set of "conflicting goods" in which as this you now choose one set of behaviors that you would not have chosen as one of the many things you once were previously.

As this relates to my own interest in philosophy: morality here and now, immortality there and then.

And as it relates to your interests.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 41103
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby phyllo » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:57 pm

It's just that sites like this are created in order for us to explain and to justify our points of view.
That's one possible reason for sites like this. But people are not going to be go into great details. They are not interested in being that rigorous nor is most of the audience. Not here.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12345
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:51 pm

My frustration involves not being able to find and pull evidence forth from the internet, it’s completely missing or fees are involved. For instance, I wanted to know what charges China was tacking on to imports before 2018, nothing appeared about the past, rather only entry after entry of Trump’s trade deals with China. Grrr!
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8614
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:53 pm

WendyDarling wrote:My frustration involves not being able to find and pull evidence forth from the internet, it’s completely missing or fees are involved. For instance, I wanted to know what charges China was tacking on to imports before 2018, nothing appeared about the past, rather only entry after entry of Trump’s trade deals with China. Grrr!


Uh, wrong thread? :lol:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 41103
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:11 pm

phyllo wrote:
It's just that sites like this are created in order for us to explain and to justify our points of view.
That's one possible reason for sites like this. But people are not going to be go into great details. They are not interested in being that rigorous nor is most of the audience. Not here.


I know. Only, as I explained tp prom75, I put all my eggs in the ILP basket:

...my own story here might be construed as particularly bathetic. Back before various "social media" like twitter and facebook became the preferred platforms for philosophy I was once a member of the larger, more "prestigious" philosophy forum online, The Philosophy Forum: https://thephilosophyforum.com/

But, for posting pretty much the same sort of thing I post here, Postmodern Beatnik -- out of the blue! -- "banned me for life".
Anyway, I went looking for another forum and settled on ILP.

And, back then, there really were far, far, far more discussions started and then sustained by those who, for whatever personal reason, were avid philosophers. Far fewer Kids and "social media" types.

So, basically, I put all my eggs in the ILP basket.

I started my signature threads including quotes, music and film. I commenced my "back to the beginning" series. I contributed any number of posts aimed at precipitating exchanges relating to that which is of most interest to me: how ought one to live given the stark reality that there may or may not be an actual Judgment Day.

Alas, however, ILP has gone more in the direction of the Kids, the yak yak yakkers, and the rabid [often unintelligible] fulminating fanatic objectivists.


The only possible hope is that carleas makes an attempt to recruit new moderators in the mold of Only_Humean and Faust. If only in the philosophy forum. Unfortunately, if you click on his name you'll note that the last time he visited ILP was 12/23. He explained on another thread that he was really busy of late. What we need are moderators willing and able to yank us back to the general vicinity of 10 years ago.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 41103
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby phyllo » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:18 pm

My attempts to get more moderation on this site span several years.

Completely unsuccessful.

Carleas' solution : "Foe people."
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12345
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:20 pm

I agree Biggie, moderators needed. :wink:


[Carleas, please recruit Postmodern Beatnik.]
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8614
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:29 pm

WendyDarling wrote:I agree Biggie, moderators needed. :wink:


[Carleas, please recruit Postmodern Beatnik.]


Yep, that's one way to get my ideas out of your head.

In the interim, while we are waiting for Joker to get back from lunch, why don't we attempt to explore your own philosophy along these lines:

But there's still this part:

1] there is a "real me" and there is a set of moral and political values that encompass objectively "the right thing to do". You thought it was one thing, then another, then another.

2] there is no "real me" and there is no set of moral and political values that encompass objectively "the right thing to do". Instead "I" here is embodied subjectively/existentially in dasein, in moral and political prejudices...in the arguments I make for it/this in my signature threads; and specifically in this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529 .


And this part:

Also, once you change your moral and political frame of mind, you are acknowledging that you were once wrong about the is/ought world around you. And, once you acknowledge this, you are acknowledging that, sure, you might be wrong again. You are acknowledging that, yeah, given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information, knowledge and ideas, you might be prompted to change your mind again. And again.


And this part:

So, what I suggest is that we focus in on a particular set of circumstances in which we can examine our respective moral and political philosophies. Given all of the points we raise above.

And, most important of all, I'm less interested in what you or I believed/believe regarding all of the things you and I were/are, and more interested in how exactly you and I would go about demonstrating to others that all rational men and women are obligated to think and feel the same.


And especially this part:

You [Joker] say that "here and now" you are a "polytheistic pagan Gnostic with an affinity for mysticism, the esoteric, and the general occult. I lean kinda towards pantheism.".

Now, given all of the things that you say you are in regard to your moral and political value judgments, let's zero in on a particular context, a particular set of "conflicting goods" in which as this you now choose one set of behaviors that you would not have chosen as one of the many things you once were previously.

As this relates to my own interest in philosophy: morality here and now, immortality there and then.

And as it relates to your interests.


What can I say: I DARE YOU TOO.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 41103
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:21 am

Iambiguous, I would kick your fucking ass in a debate about your shit.

Don’t pick on others.

If you want to have a real debate, debate me.

I’ve barely started with you. And I’ve said quite a bit to you.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11798
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:23 am

iambiguous wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:My frustration involves not being able to find and pull evidence forth from the internet, it’s completely missing or fees are involved. For instance, I wanted to know what charges China was tacking on to imports before 2018, nothing appeared about the past, rather only entry after entry of Trump’s trade deals with China. Grrr!


Uh, wrong thread? :lol:

Uh, no. You may not see the link but my nod to Phyllo who actually brought and used evidence, was explaining that I try to do likewise to prove my assertions or disprove the assertions of others to no avail without access to the goods online. KT, Phyllo, and Carleas all come to the party locked and loaded while most don’t.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8614
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:48 am

WendyDarling wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:My frustration involves not being able to find and pull evidence forth from the internet, it’s completely missing or fees are involved. For instance, I wanted to know what charges China was tacking on to imports before 2018, nothing appeared about the past, rather only entry after entry of Trump’s trade deals with China. Grrr!


Uh, wrong thread? :lol:

Uh, no. You may not see the link but my nod to Phyllo who actually brought and used evidence, was explaining that I try to do likewise to prove my assertions or disprove the assertions of others to no avail without access to the goods online. KT, Phyllo, and Carleas all come to the party locked and loaded while most don’t.


my emphasis


Oh, yeah? Okay, demonstrate that by going here with me:

But there's still this part:

1] there is a "real me" and there is a set of moral and political values that encompass objectively "the right thing to do". You thought it was one thing, then another, then another.

2] there is no "real me" and there is no set of moral and political values that encompass objectively "the right thing to do". Instead "I" here is embodied subjectively/existentially in dasein, in moral and political prejudices...in the arguments I make for it/this in my signature threads; and specifically in this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529 .


And this part:

Also, once you change your moral and political frame of mind, you are acknowledging that you were once wrong about the is/ought world around you. And, once you acknowledge this, you are acknowledging that, sure, you might be wrong again. You are acknowledging that, yeah, given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information, knowledge and ideas, you might be prompted to change your mind again. And again.


And this part:

So, what I suggest is that we focus in on a particular set of circumstances in which we can examine our respective moral and political philosophies. Given all of the points we raise above.

And, most important of all, I'm less interested in what you or I believed/believe regarding all of the things you and I were/are, and more interested in how exactly you and I would go about demonstrating to others that all rational men and women are obligated to think and feel the same.


And especially this part:

You [Joker] say that "here and now" you are a "polytheistic pagan Gnostic with an affinity for mysticism, the esoteric, and the general occult. I lean kinda towards pantheism.".

Now, given all of the things that you say you are in regard to your moral and political value judgments, let's zero in on a particular context, a particular set of "conflicting goods" in which as this you now choose one set of behaviors that you would not have chosen as one of the many things you once were previously.

As this relates to my own interest in philosophy: morality here and now, immortality there and then.

And as it relates to your interests.


In fact I'm working on a new thread right now that I will post tomorrow on the philosophy board. A thread that examines a new movement here: The Coalition of Truth
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 41103
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby phyllo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:00 am

1
2

False dichotomy
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12345
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby Mr J » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:39 am

We can't control the public narrative on the internet forum anymore, we're losing control, quick, we need more moderation to put the dissidents, peasants, and general malcontents back into their place again! 8) :lol:

That will show them! 8)
User avatar
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:02 am

phyllo wrote:1
2

False dichotomy


To me, Biggie, most posts?

Biggie, who aren't you obsessed with? Half of your posts lately refer to KT, Zero Sum, Phone, and god knows how you pester pedro, and me. Chillax.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8614
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby phyllo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:30 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:We can't control the public narrative on the internet forum anymore, we're losing control, quick, we need more moderation to put the dissidents, peasants, and general malcontents back into their place again! 8) :lol:

That will show them! 8)
So what did the "dissidents, peasants, and general malcontents" gain with this victory?
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12345
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: A nod to Phyllo

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:32 pm

phyllo wrote:1
2

False dichotomy


We'll need a context of course.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 41103
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

PreviousNext

Return to Meta



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users