Carleas, wtf? You moved this to rant? Why and my fault here

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Carleas, wtf? You moved this to rant? Why and my fault here

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:51 pm

Rant? This was my challenge thread, not the actual debate. Mr R is seriously trolling me in my challenge...

https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 6&t=196251
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Re: Carleas, wtf? You moved this to rant? Why and my fault

Postby Carleas » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:45 am

I do blame Mr. Reasonable in significant part, he's pretty clearly trolling you. That said, the thread was far from on topic for that forum. It might have been better started elsewhere, and it certainly could have used some stewardship from the get go to keep it on task (and here I fault myself).

So, it really is the thread and not the idea or the people involved or the content of the argument. The thread was no longer in the form of a challenge to a formal debate. Indeed, the OP wasn't really in the form of a challenge so much as an argument, an important difference I think, though it absolutely could have served the purpose if it hadn't gotten derailed.

I invite you to re-issue the challenge, if you're so inclined, BUT I would encourage you to use the thread to talk about logistics rather than getting into the substance of the debate. I'll help to keep trolls at bay, but please do your best to resist being baited into having the debate in the Challenges forum. When you find yourself or others making arguments, as opposed to statements of subjective preference about when/where/how, you'll know you're straying from the path.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Re: Carleas, wtf? You moved this to rant? Why and my fault

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:46 am

i think it was the right move and also he lost the debate not trolling when i say that
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Return to Meta