Don't feed a troll

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: Don't feed a troll

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:19 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:i would like to report ecmandu for calling me a psychopath and for violating my consent and also iambiguous for having a hard on for me

Anyone who has sex is a psychopath. Wanna debate me on it? There is a debate forum on this board.

you literally lost the debate before it even started by making this absurd assertion.

I’m scoffing at you like you’re scoffing at me. Take the challenge. My challenge in the debate forum is always the same, if you lose, nothing happens to you (except that you learn that you’re wrong), if I lose I get permabanned.

You see, the funny thing is, people think I’m psychotic or mentally ill, so they smugly ‘rise above’ by not engaging ‘this nonsense’ because that’s what real adults do, correct?

So I’m going to talk to you like a child for a moment since you think that’s what I am (compared you your ‘vast maturity’)

Bahk, bahk, bahk, bah-bawk-bawk bawk!
(You’re a Chicken shit)

Think about this for a moment. I don’t want to be permabanned. This means I’m 100% positive that I’ll win the debate, and if I do win it, it will shock all of ILP and the moderator of the debate (I’ll choose Carleas who is married with a child). What do you have to lose. This is not just open to you mr. reasonable, it’s open to anyone in all of existence.

Karpel’s parody was cool
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:48 pm

Curly wrote:
Larry wrote:
What the hell happened to you?
What happened to me?

I changed over 10 years.

I lost interest in some things and gained interest in other things.

I discovered what I want to say and what I don't want to say ... who I want to be around and who I don't want to be around.

I altered how I spend my time and energy.
But that's not possible. You cannot possibly learn things that suit you better. You cannot possibly become more comfortable with yourself. We are tabula rasa and there is no you, your body would enjoy any life. If you think you actually realized that you prefer (this flavor of ice cream, sex with one type or partner more than another, getting massages to not getting them, having a close relationship with people who don't scare you in some way, living in the countryside or the city) you are only deluding yourself. Despite twin studies, we are all actually empty shells for experience, without innate tendencies and you can never know anything about yourself, because knowing means 100% (even though it doesn't mean that in science) and people are fallible, so you are just hallucinating and doing it publically which puts you in ranks of the people who think they know who have made the world a horrible place even though no one can know if it is a horrible place since that is a value judgment. Prove to everyone, especially people in Vladivostock that you actually know better who you like to be around or you are just in that horrible club that the wise men, well man, looks down on and knows the psychology of and whom you are afraid of. Or maybe after insulting you I am wrong...and here's another way what you are doing is something I can laugh at and be smug about
cause you cannot know
I know that
I haven't learned anything about myself
I might be gay tomorrow or a pedophile and really start to like daytime soap operas
if God told me
or
someone here, a Buddhist say, argued perfectly my very muscles would start carrying me towards a completely different new life
of eating Captain Crunch with vodka for breakfast.
There is no me.
I change all the time.
Unless I don't.
That's from my perspective and since I say that it is from my perspective I never need to look at your perspective on anything especially about me. I can just say that we have two different perspectives, even though in most contexts people justify their perspectives and point out flaws in other perspectives when it comes to me, I don't have to do that. But you have to prove your perspective to everyone or cannot possibly be better than mine so I have no need to question my own perspective
and I really do know my own motivations, even though I am probably totally determined and you cannot know your real self. There is nothing I could possibly learn about my behavior from others,
but you could learn from me that you can't know anything about yourself.
Unless I am wrong. See, I made a disclaimer, that makes me better than you. Because you think you are 100% right even though you never said that and if something is not 100% must be right than it is like all other opinions, we cannot rank them in any way.
And I am a victim of people so scared of facing what I already faced. I feel sympathy for them because I know how I felt figuring out my insights, even though I can't know myself or others.

We'll need a context of course.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:04 pm

Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:39 pm

Ecmandu wrote:My open debate challenge is here:

https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 3&t=196251

i defeated you now plz permaban
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:12 pm

It can be stunning. I mean that literally. One is stunned.

Unstated [yeah, i am simply going to ignore that what you are pointing out is the case and ask that you discuss something else AS IF it is relevent]

This is high level trolling ju jitsu.

And the amazing thing is...the troll may not even realize he is not actually responding. You can have a troll that will go to the grave feeling like an honest victim.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:42 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:It can be stunning. I mean that literally. One is stunned.

Unstated [yeah, i am simply going to ignore that what you are pointing out is the case and ask that you discuss something else AS IF it is relevent]

This is high level trolling ju jitsu.

And the amazing thing is...the troll may not even realize he is not actually responding. You can have a troll that will go to the grave feeling like an honest victim.

We'll need a context of course.

How about a pedophiliac defending the 2nd amendment after shooting an abortion doctor?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:49 am

Of course the zeitgeist is trollish also. Volatile: label the other, no spectrum, binary, psychoanalyze the opponent and think of them as an opponent even if you are discussing the philosophy of language, let alone politics. Win the argument or dismiss their post - as opposed to responding to points made, considering. Don't explore, we are in the trenches, making the last stand. Concede nothing.

I am sure these are good heuristics for some situations.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:05 am

Karpel Tunnel wrote:
MagsJ wrote: :shock: I had a hard on for him? We have disengaged with him because he is too profound?
This is typical mindreading dominance stuff.

It isn’t even philosophy, and is purely wishful thinking.

Most of us I see around ILP have engaged in this type of behavior. But if it is central to your approach you are moving toward trolling. And often the trolls assume that the person they are mindreading has the onus to prove that their claim about what is in your mind is wrong.

That is not mind reading, that is speculating.. conjecture.. assuming.. presumption.. mind reading is more about tapping into, rather than guesswork.. it’s more of a ‘knowing’.

They have no onus to prove they are psychic or that their claims are true, but you have to demonstrate, here for example that you do not have a hard on for Ecmandu.

I prefer not to engage on that subject further.. I do not want to entertain that type of topic genre, with he.

He is not exhibiting psychicness, but the opposite..

I do think that there are different types of problems. Trolling is one, where the actual goal is to trigger others. Another problem is not interacting with ideas. Often this means one labels the other person: communiist, fascist, moron, objectivist, hater. And now the onus is on the other person to demonstrate they are not. IOW the discussion moves into who and what someone is, not the topic.

It seems that people get more joy out of attacking the person/their character and not the argument itself, which becomes a veritable bore, but yet they still persist.

A third problem is really not understanding how people think at all, and this can include oneself. So, one thinks one has demonstrated something when one has not. This generally shifts over into blame and labeling quite quickly. I said it perfectly, so you are a moron or are evil.

I’d rather be evil than moronic. :P
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:35 am

MagsJ wrote:That is not mind reading, that is speculating.. conjecture.. assuming.. presumption.. mind reading is more about tapping into, rather than guesswork.. it’s more of a ‘knowing’.
yes, I meant it was a mindreading claim. Once someone decides they can read your mind and is willing to do this publically instead of discussing, in this case, philosophical issues, the discussion cannot happen. It doesn't matter if the person actually has psychic powers, which is not the case here. The moment you are going to (the claim that one can make) mindreading ad homs, the discussion is over and you are making them, the discussion is dead.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Mag,

And this is to everyone on these boards. I’m working on cosmic reconstruction right now. I’m literally a cosmic being; you’re all still very, very human.

I interact with beings from all over existence; gods, et’s, multi dimensional beings every second of every moment of everyday... and I still deal with you folks.

Tell me if I’m trolling!

- in order to be interesting, you must set an impossible task for yourself

- in order to be great, you must make everyone great

- (affirmation solution) we all live our desired experiences at nobodies expense

- there will never be true satisfaction in a win/lose reality - we need a new plan (the old one doesn’t work anymore)

So there’s evil Ecmandu for you, the terror, the useless troll. The man who’s not even worth a piece of lint.

Think about that for a moment, you have trash brain mag.

I’m one of the cosmic reconstructors right now. I’m not on the same plane of existence as anyone on ILP anymore.

I’m singularly the person who makes sense to an infinite number of beings that we need a new plan, and I submitted my plan to all beings in existence.

How you find me abhorrent is on you, not me.

And by the way, sex always hurts other people’s feelings; it’s sadism at its core.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:30 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:
MagsJ wrote:That is not mind reading, that is speculating.. conjecture.. assuming.. presumption.. mind reading is more about tapping into, rather than guesswork.. it’s more of a ‘knowing’.
yes, I meant it was a mindreading claim. Once someone decides they can read your mind and is willing to do this publically instead of discussing, in this case, philosophical issues, the discussion cannot happen. It doesn't matter if the person actually has psychic powers, which is not the case here. The moment you are going to (the claim that one can make) mindreading ad homs, the discussion is over and you are making them, the discussion is dead.

Let’s add ‘attempting to appeal to the senses’ rather than to ‘common sense’, to the list of non-philosophical debating angles to argue from.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby iambiguous » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:07 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote: Once someone decides they can read your mind and is willing to do this publically instead of discussing, in this case, philosophical issues, the discussion cannot happen. It doesn't matter if the person actually has psychic powers, which is not the case here. The moment you are going to (the claim that one can make) mindreading ad homs, the discussion is over and you are making them, the discussion is dead.

This of course is only applicable to those that he deems to be trolls. What he won't do is to recognize just how much this very argument is seen by those like me as applicable to him. He'll make endless accusations about me as though he understood my true motivation and intention here better than I do myself.

Yet he refuses to take those accusations to the philosophy board. And, there, in regard to the components of our respective moral philosophies, explore a particular context in which human behaviors often come into conflict over value judgments.

Or, sure, if others here have similar complaints about me, start that thread on the philosophy board yourself.

I can assure you of the utmost civility on my part.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:18 pm

Civil?

Iambiguous, you say some of the most offensive shit on earth while being ‘civil’

Fuck, we all do it.

But here’s the deal iambiguous, I do find you a particularly singularly different mind relative to others.

But like others, you do lock up when I enter discussions.

And mag,

What the fuck does that even mean? There are hundreds of senses, our base 5 just being a minutae of those, and even if you take the basic 5... nobody on ILP is doing that

Who the fuck on ILP says, “you’re not using commen sense because you thought an orange smelled like an orange?!”

Girl, you’re off the deep end.

I’m being very blunt with you. People here think that’s not PC enough, everyone on ILP is afraid to step in a woman’s toes here, fuck that. I’m going to treat you like a peer. If that’s sexist to you... figure it out, you’re a fucking bigot.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:34 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Civil?

Iambiguous, you say some of the most offensive shit on earth while being ‘civil’

I'm sorry but as long as you continue to post things like this...

"I’m working on cosmic reconstruction right now. I’m literally a cosmic being; you’re all still very, very human."

...I'm inclined to suspect that you may well be afflicted with a "condition".

And I still don't want to be the one that sends you toppling over into, well, whatever.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:40 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Civil?

I'm sorry but as long as you continue to post things like this...

"I’m working on cosmic reconstruction right now. I’m literally a cosmic being; you’re all still very, very human."

...I'm inclined to suspect that you may well be afflicted with a "condition".

And I still don't want to be the one that sends you toppling over into, well, whatever.

Iambiguous,

It’s very simple. You do a couple things, you get lots of attention. You do a couple more things, you get even more attention. You submit a plan for reconstruction, you get a shitton of attention.

Have you ever submitted a cosmic plan before?

Didn’t think so.

That’s why we have vastly different lives right now.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:12 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote: Once someone decides they can read your mind and is willing to do this publically instead of discussing, in this case, philosophical issues, the discussion cannot happen. It doesn't matter if the person actually has psychic powers, which is not the case here. The moment you are going to (the claim that one can make) mindreading ad homs, the discussion is over and you are making them, the discussion is dead.

Once should perhaps underline 'instead' and then also note where the ad homs arise, at what stage of the conversation. Some people don't even realize that this fallacy/interpersonal act is central to their approach to other humans. They will notice when they get the return slap however.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:30 pm

Someone wrote:What the fuck does that even mean? There are hundreds of senses, our base 5 just being a minutae of those, and even if you take the basic 5... nobody on ILP is doing that

Who the fuck on ILP says, “you’re not using commen sense because you thought an orange smelled like an orange?!”

He’s still way off base, so not even conjecture but waffling, and don’t waffles just smell so amay, by the way? they appeal to.. to.. what!

Girl?

The music I share on here isn’t indicative of me, but of others, so not my feelings or thoughts or emotions at all, so no deep end to be off of. Not everybody loves a trier. :icon-rolleyes:

..everyone on ILP is afraid to step in a woman’s toes here.

Irrelevant.

I’m going to treat you like a peer. If that’s sexist to you... figure it out, you’re a fucking bigot.

Irrelevant.
MagsJ

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:58 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Someone wrote:What the fuck does that even mean? There are hundreds of senses, our base 5 just being a minutae of those, and even if you take the basic 5... nobody on ILP is doing that

He’s still way off base, so not even conjecture but waffling, and don’t waffles just smell so amay, by the way? they appeal to.. to.. what!

Girl?

The music I share on here isn’t indicative of me, but of others, so not my feelings or thoughts or emotions at all, so no deep end to be off of. Not everybody loves a trier. :icon-rolleyes:

Irrelevant.

I’m going to treat you like a peer. If that’s sexist to you... figure it out, you’re a fucking bigot.

Irrelevant.

Then mean what you say, and say what you mean.

You know my new name for iambiguous?

Iambivalence.

Avoid that crowd mag.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:34 am

Obviously,

It’s interesting that we’re all posting in a “ignore the troll thread”, from a psychological perspective. That we’re drawn as the op and everyone participating.

So here’s the deal. I call iambiguous, iambivalence now because I’m not bi-valent— I am 100% certain that nobody wants their consent violated now or forever.

Sure, people now are pissed at me. That’s consent violation.

What I keep trying to explain to people, is in this specific type of reality construction, with people deep, deep asleep, you have no choice but to violate consent when you make them all aware that win/lose realities are also lose/lose realities.

We have a horrible plan mag, and we need to do something different; something better.

I’m not bi-valent on this. It’s uni-valent.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:04 am

ecmandu you lost the debate with me and you have yet to accept your permaban which basically makes you a liar which violates my consent
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:49 pm

Someone wrote:I’m playing crazy with you!

Playing crazy? Fake news perhaps, or no.. :confusion-shrug:

Someone wrote:Girl, you’re off the deep end.

When someone tries to use your philosophical offering against you, but didn’t know which angle you were coming from with it, so shouldn’t have really bothered even try that/such a tact.

..I’m going to treat you like a peer.

Why does/should that, even bear mentioning..

Then mean what you say, and say what you mean.

You know my new name for iambiguous?

Iambivalence.

Avoid that crowd mag.

Irrelevant, to me.. that is not of my concern, but his.
MagsJ

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:33 pm

Just want to point out that at least one person is feeding what they consider to be a troll in a thread suggesting one not feed a troll.

Is there a good reason to feed what you consider a troll?

This also happened earlier in the thread.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:09 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:Just want to point out that at least one person is feeding what they consider to be a troll in a thread suggesting one not feed a troll.

Is there a good reason to feed what you consider a troll?

This also happened earlier in the thread.

In situations like this it’s more complicated than you make it Karpel.

People are curious about what “ruffles their feathers”

It’s a defense mechanism, it’s curiosity exemplified.

Nothing wrong with that. We see a threat, the curious want to understand and conquer it.

I’ve never ignored someone. I’m infinitely curious. It’s hell to be sure to take in spirits like this, but, I must admit, it makes me a better person every time.

Little bit of wisdom there. I don’t have a grudge in the large scheme of things against anyone in these boards...

Mag doesn’t lay herself out ‘naked’ so to speak, I do that all the time. Even though we’ve had vastly different experiences in life, she’s curious. On a soul level. That’s not ‘feeding a troll’; that’s doing your own spiritual work at your own pace.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:02 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:Just want to point out that at least one person is feeding what they consider to be a troll in a thread suggesting one not feed a troll.

Thanks for pointing that out.. at least I’m in a pertinent thread for it aye.

I think I’m done prodding.. I’ve gleaned all I need to know.
MagsJ

PreviousNext

Return to Meta