Don't feed a troll

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: Don't feed a troll

Postby iambiguous » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:05 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:A third problem is really not understanding how people think at all, and this can include oneself. So, one thinks one has demonstrated something when one has not. This generally shifts over into blame and labeling quite quickly. I said it perfectly, so you are a moron or are evil.

From my own vantage point, the reason many need to deem me a troll is because I expose the objectivists here among us as neither moronic not evil.

Instead, my argument is that, in regard to moral and political value judgments, there are no brilliant or moronic philosophers/people...there are no good or evil philosophers/people.

Instead, there are only value judgments rooted subjectively/subjunctively in moral and political prejudices. Prejudices themselves rooted in dasein, in the existential life that one lives.

A life examined in my signature threads culminating in this:

If I am always of the opinion that 1] my own values are rooted in dasein and 2] that there are no objective values "I" can reach, then every time I make one particular moral/political leap, I am admitting that I might have gone in the other direction...or that I might just as well have gone in the other direction. Then "I" begins to fracture and fragment to the point there is nothing able to actually keep it all together. At least not with respect to choosing sides morally and politically.

In my own subjective/subjunctive view, the objectivists here are most perturbed by me to the extent that [consciously or otherwise] I confront them with the possibility that this might be applicable to them too.

They have so much invested over the years in their own rendition of the "psychology of objectivism". The "real me" in sync with the "right thing to do" allowing them to make that crucial distinction between "one of us" [the good guys] and "one of them" [the bad guys].

Look, I've been confronting moral and political objectivists now for years. Reactions of this sort from them are old hat stuff for me. Also, I still recall so vividly by own experience with losing that "objectivist feeling".

It's just that with Karpel Tunnel, he is not an objectivist at all. I puzzled over why he would react to me in turn as the objectivists did. Then it dawned on me. And what dawned on me prompted me to create this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=196034
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:15 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Karpel Tunnel wrote:A third problem is really not understanding how people think at all, and this can include oneself. So, one thinks one has demonstrated something when one has not. This generally shifts over into blame and labeling quite quickly. I said it perfectly, so you are a moron or are evil.

From my own vantage point, the reason many need to deem me a troll is because I expose the objectivists here among us as neither moronic not evil.

Instead, my argument is that, in regard to moral and political value judgments, there are no brilliant or moronic philosophers/people...there are no good or evil philosophers/people.

Instead, there are only value judgments rooted subjectively/subjunctively in moral and political prejudices. Prejudices themselves rooted in dasein, in the existential life that one lives.

If I am always of the opinion that 1] my own values are rooted in dasein and 2] that there are no objective values "I" can reach, then every time I make one particular moral/political leap, I am admitting that I might have gone in the other direction...or that I might just as well have gone in the other direction. Then "I" begins to fracture and fragment to the point there is nothing able to actually keep it all together. At least not with respect to choosing sides morally and politically.

In my own subjective/subjunctive view, the objectivists here are most perturbed by me to the extent that [consciously or otherwise] I confront them with the possibility that this might be applicable to them too.

They have so much invested over the years in their own rendition of the "psychology of objectivism". The "real me" in sync with the "right thing to do" allowing them to make that crucial distinction between "one of us" [the good guys] and "one of them" [the bad guys].

Look, I've been confronting moral and political objectivists now for years. Reactions of this sort from them are old hat stuff for me. Also, I still recall so vividly by own experience with losing that "objectivist feeling".

It's just that with Karpel Tunnel, he is not an objectivist at all. I puzzled over why he would react to me in turn as the objectivists did. Then it dawned on me. And what dawned on me prompted me to create this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=196034

Iambiguous!

How many fucking times to I have to explain this to you before it really sinks in?!?!

You are not the one exception in all of existence who wants their consent violated now or ever or forever. That’s objective. This is why I (personally) call you a troll. Because you lie everyday, and you do it over and over again.

What violates your consent? Dasein and being self-fractured. You seem to think these two things are a necessary law of existence forever. They’re not. Zero sum realities suck, I get it. The real fight, the one you cower from is to say to zero sum realities, “fuck you!”, but like sheeple, you accept it. It’s unacceptable iambiguous.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:28 pm

You do irritating stuff. What's so hard to understand about that??

If Socrates picked his nose, it would bug some people. They would tell him to stop doing it. It has nothing to do with Socrates' philosophy.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:38 pm

Simply unbelievable.

You reduce all of the points I make here...

iambiguous wrote:

It's just that with Karpel Tunnel, he is not an objectivist at all. I puzzled over why he would react to me in turn as the objectivists did. Then it dawned on me. And what dawned on me prompted me to create this thread:
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=196034

...down to this:

phyllo wrote:

If Socrates picked his nose, it would bug some people. They would tell him to stop doing it. It has nothing to do with Socrates' philosophy.

And, I suspect, are not in the least bit embarrassed by it.

Right?

After all, at least ecmandu has a "condition". 8)
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:41 pm

Iambiguous,

Pathetic. You’re just going to ignore me again because of my “fragile ego”. I do not have a fragile ego iambiguous. You can lay into me with all of your might. You think you’re protecting me, when, really, you’re just scared of actual objective morality.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:48 pm

You miss the main point.

People keep telling you what's bugging them. But you ignore all the feedback.

Okay, create whatever fantasy explanation you want.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:54 pm

Someone wrote:..It means, someone has it out for you.

..and this has been the crux and influence of his ill-found cray vendetta against me, i.e. a delusion.

The End!
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:01 pm

Iambiguous,

I’m going to be very, very, very straight forward with you:

Consent violation is the ONLY problem in ALL of existence. Very simple. You are not an exception.

EVERYTHING you discuss is a SUBSET problem to the larger problem of consent violation in general...

You bitch and moan about your subset problem in every post you make!

The superset scares you shitless because it means that you’ve been trolling for over a decade.

The superset (nobody wants their consent violated now, ever or forever) is objective morality.

The problem I have with the moral nihilists on this board is that it comforts them to have no accountability.

Do you have any clue how much shit gets flung upon me for trying to represent the impossible task of not violating consent in a zero sum reality?!?! Piles and piles of shit.

How fucking hard is it to say, “I’m a moral nihilist so I have no accountability?!?!“

Fuck those people and fuck you. Seriously.

Think about it. Objectivity is the HARD work.

People on this board are philosophically lazy. They have every lame excuse under the sun and moon to ignore me or troll me. It’s lazy. It’s being scared of accountability.

I step right up to the fucking plate every time here.
Last edited by Ecmandu on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:04 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Someone wrote:..It means, someone has it out for you.

..and this has been the crux and influence of his ill-found cray vendetta against me, i.e. a delusion.

The End!

Mag, you’re not right in the head. You not only banned me, you moved every post that in in the relevant section to rant, and then you started banning me for my fucking RANT posts!!!

I can’t remember if you were deleting stuff as well. It’s been a while, I know uccisore did that.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:08 pm

Ah, the futility of thread about trolls. :orcs-birdies:
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:09 pm

phyllo wrote:
You miss the main point.

People keep telling you what's bugging them. But you ignore all the feedback.

Okay, create whatever fantasy explanation you want.

Again:

What the hell happened to you?

"In my head" I still recall the far more substantive posts from you back in the day when Karpel Tunnel was Moreno. Now, Moreno is still providing us with considerably more in-depth reactions to me as a "troll" here. I don't share his points of view, but I sure as shit respect the effort that he puts into making them.

You on the other hand?

A retort here, one or two lines there.

I'm sorry but from my own frame of mind, I can't help but be embarrassed for you.

If the above is all you can now put into it, I really would suggest that you ignore my posts and move on to others.

Like, say, Zinnat? 8)

Edit:

See what I mean:

phyllo wrote:Ah, the futility of thread about trolls. :orcs-birdies:
Last edited by iambiguous on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:09 pm

duplicate post

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:22 pm

Yes, they use it to defend themselves in.. ironic.

Edited to add: Iam needs to get over the past and expectations based on it,
..and the Other guy needs to get over his past altogether. :shock:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby phyllo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:27 pm

What happened to me?

I changed over 10 years.

I lost interest in some things and gained interest in other things.

I discovered what I want to say and what I don't want to say ... who I want to be around and who I don't want to be around.

I altered how I spend my time and energy.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:35 pm

phyllo wrote:
What happened to me?

I changed over 10 years.

I discovered what I want to say and what I don't want to say ... who I want to be around and who I don't want to be around.

Okay, that is your explanation and you're sticking with it.

Good for you! :wink:

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:35 pm

MagsJ wrote:

Yes, they use it to defend themselves in.. ironic.

Edited to add: Iam needs to get over the past and expectations based on it,
..and the Other guy needs to get over his past altogether. :shock:

You can’t even call me by my name; yet you ask me to do something that you don’t do.

I call you mag now out of respect for your absurd boundary.

I’m playing crazy with you!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:58 pm

No iambiguous,

That’s not why I call you a troll.

I call ALL moral nihilists trolls. Why?

Because this is their argument into perpetuity:

“I don’t believe morals are objective... so! anything you do to criticize any of my posts (morality: correct or incorrect) is false, I’m always unaccountable for my behavior and you judging me as being correct or incorrect is in itself trolling.”

That’s the intellectually laziest, most cowardice shit imaginable. There are 10 ILP members who do that right now.

This is what you use your mind for?!?!

I have no problem with calling all of you shit for brains.

Any parrot on earth can be taught to say this shit.

That’s why you’re all go glued together as freinemies...

You’re all pissed off that you don’t hold accountability for yourself by charging the other person for not being accountable to themselves... Karpel and iambiguous for example.

Karpel of accusing iambiguous for not being accountable (even though Karpel is also a moral nihilist) and iambiguous for calling objectivists (people who soothe themselves with bullshit)

The easiest thing to do to soothe yourself is to be a moral nihilist... it means you have some nonsense to always fall back on to avoid putting yourself out there and to be accountable for once in your life.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:32 pm

phyllo wrote:

LOL.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:58 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:
phyllo wrote:

LOL.

Actually, it has everything to do with Socrates philosophy. Socrates is the original, most important favorite moral nihilist of all time. “I know that I know nothing”

Let’s examine this for a moment:

In the modern era, we know that picking and eating your bugars from your nose is scientifically proven to be as effective as micro dose vaccines for building immunity in micro doses for whatever strain of illness is traveling around at the time.

But Socrates didn’t know that back then. It was just ‘rude’. What did he have to say about the self consciousness about being ‘rude’ back then, what did others have to say? Nose picking is extremely innocuous compared to almost everything in existence that can offend people. Why is it rude for Socrates to pick his nose, but not for Alexander the Great raping and killing thousands of people?
Last edited by Ecmandu on Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Curly wrote:
Larry wrote:

LOL.

The Stooges conspire.

Yo, Felix, Pedro, Smears! :lol:

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:38 pm

i would like to report ecmandu for calling me a psychopath and for violating my consent and also iambiguous for having a hard on for me
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:40 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:i would like to report ecmandu for calling me a psychopath and for violating my consent and also iambiguous for having a hard on for me

Anyone who has sex is a psychopath. Wanna debate me on it? There is a debate forum on this board.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:41 am

phyllo wrote:
What happened to me?

I changed over 10 years.

But that's not possible. You cannot possibly learn things that suit you better. You cannot possibly become more comfortable with yourself. We are tabula rasa and there is no you, your body would enjoy any life. If you think you actually realized that you prefer (this flavor of ice cream, sex with one type or partner more than another, getting massages to not getting them, having a close relationship with people who don't scare you in some way, living in the countryside or the city) you are only deluding yourself. Despite twin studies, we are all actually empty shells for experience, without innate tendencies and you can never know anything about yourself, because knowing means 100% (even though it doesn't mean that in science) and people are fallible, so you are just hallucinating and doing it publically which puts you in ranks of the people who think they know who have made the world a horrible place even though no one can know if it is a horrible place since that is a value judgment. Prove to everyone, especially people in Vladivostock that you actually know better who you like to be around or you are just in that horrible club that the wise men, well man, looks down on and knows the psychology of and whom you are afraid of. Or maybe after insulting you I am wrong...and here's another way what you are doing is something I can laugh at and be smug about
cause you cannot know
I know that
I haven't learned anything about myself
I might be gay tomorrow or a pedophile and really start to like daytime soap operas
if God told me
or
someone here, a Buddhist say, argued perfectly my very muscles would start carrying me towards a completely different new life
of eating Captain Crunch with vodka for breakfast.
There is no me.
I change all the time.
Unless I don't.
That's from my perspective and since I say that it is from my perspective I never need to look at your perspective on anything especially about me. I can just say that we have two different perspectives, even though in most contexts people justify their perspectives and point out flaws in other perspectives when it comes to me, I don't have to do that. But you have to prove your perspective to everyone or cannot possibly be better than mine so I have no need to question my own perspective
and I really do know my own motivations, even though I am probably totally determined and you cannot know your real self. There is nothing I could possibly learn about my behavior from others,
but you could learn from me that you can't know anything about yourself.
Unless I am wrong. See, I made a disclaimer, that makes me better than you. Because you think you are 100% right even though you never said that and if something is not 100% must be right than it is like all other opinions, we cannot rank them in any way.
And I am a victim of people so scared of facing what I already faced. I feel sympathy for them because I know how I felt figuring out my insights, even though I can't know myself or others.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:06 am

Ecmandu wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:i would like to report ecmandu for calling me a psychopath and for violating my consent and also iambiguous for having a hard on for me

Anyone who has sex is a psychopath. Wanna debate me on it? There is a debate forum on this board.

you literally lost the debate before it even started by making this absurd assertion.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:53 am

It's interesting how the same discussion arise with some people regardless of the context. Which happens even here in this thread.
The good thing about it happening here is it is a concrete example of the topic, so in that sense it is on-topic.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Meta