No votes
His wife
11%
No one
33%

Total votes : 9

Who is Orbie?

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue May 11, 2021 10:05 pm

I put this here since it is a maintenance issue.
Last edited by Fixed Cross on Thu May 13, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
The Wheel - The Tree
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Re: Who is Orbie?

Postby iambiguous » Tue May 11, 2021 10:06 pm

What we need here is a 4th option: all of the above
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Sleyor Wellhuxwell » Wed May 12, 2021 12:23 am

Sleyor Wellhuxwell

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:05 am

an or be not

orbe

Learn to pronounce
nombre masculino
FORMAL

Mundo (cosas creadas).
"estuvo dos años preso, acusado de amotinar a todos los judíos del orbe y de profanar el templo"
Bola que representa el globo terráqueo y que sostienen en la mano la Virgen, Cristo o emperadores en algunas pinturas o esculturas.

Similar
mundo
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:18 pm

I do

ob I
An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. Edit: That, or they are trying to give you hints to solve the riddle because they don't want to spoil it for you. ;)

To reiterate: I am one person on this board. I only post my own thoughts. I do not use anyone else’s username, and no one else uses mine. I used to be She(TM). God started bringing me back 9/22/05. If anyone intends things for evil, he can still use it for Good.

Also: Yes, I will marry you. Will you marry me? Don’t do it! It’s a trap! Let’s skip all that noise and be friends. I am not freaking joking. Change my mind. lol jk
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:33 pm

I don't know, but something tells me Orbie holds the key to everything.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:36 pm

Gloominary wrote:I don't know, but something tells me Orbie holds the key to everything.

Not really. But who knows, and then, if so , if he new, it would probably floor him, and that too is doubtful.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:38 pm

_
:lol:

Orbie, was Orb, and is now Meno_, after being Meno.. anything prior to that is an unknown, for I do not know.

Does anyone know? Anyone, but Meno_?

Hungarian has now been linked to the Asian language family. Hungarians are also a diverse bunch of genetic admixture.. like Indics are [nerd moment over] ..though I think I know who Meno_ is. ;)
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:17 pm

MagsJ wrote:_

Orbie, was Orb, and is now Meno_, after being Meno.. anything prior to that is an unknown, for I do not know.

Hungarian has now been linked to the Asian language family. Hungarians are also a diverse bunch of genetic admixture.. like Indics are [nerd moment over] ..though I think I know who Meno_ is. ;)

Me know is a mystery to himself so how can You know, Mags J , ? I may very well be whomever I can be , or, wish to become, and I leave that to the gods to ascertain. That is, if, the delusion is separable from an illusion. Which I am sure that it is and even if it isn't how can anyone be sure?
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:23 pm

Meno_ wrote:
MagsJ wrote: :lol:

Me know is a mystery to himself so how can You know, Mags J , ? I may very well be whomever I can be , or, wish to become, and I leave that to the gods to ascertain. That is, if, the delusion is separable from an illusion. Which I am sure that it is and even if it isn't how can anyone be sure?

Who is anyone, really? ..a mass of walking/talking cells, but with feelings added.. now that’s a sum and a half.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:49 pm

⸘Perhaps you would care to share with the rest of the class‽
An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. Edit: That, or they are trying to give you hints to solve the riddle because they don't want to spoil it for you. ;)

To reiterate: I am one person on this board. I only post my own thoughts. I do not use anyone else’s username, and no one else uses mine. I used to be She(TM). God started bringing me back 9/22/05. If anyone intends things for evil, he can still use it for Good.

Also: Yes, I will marry you. Will you marry me? Don’t do it! It’s a trap! Let’s skip all that noise and be friends. I am not freaking joking. Change my mind. lol jk
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:49 pm

Just a guess, semi honestly:

"a double form: as the mysterium tremendum (“mystery that repels”), in which the dreadful, fearful, and overwhelming aspect of the numinous appears, and as the mysterium fascinosum (“mystery that attracts”), by which humans are irresistibly drawn to the glory, beauty, adorable quality, and the blessing, redeeming, and salvation-bringing power ...."

ref: https://www2.kenyon.edu/Depts/Religion/ ... 1/Otto.htm
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:41 pm

Ah. Tremendum. As in fear & trembling. As in the sublime.

And, ah, what a beautiful triad.

And. I forget the third thing. Oh yeah. It is no wonder the fiery whirlwind is like a double-edged sword, dividing soul from spirit, forging together again all the more strong with his own spirit.

Reminds me of…

Straightway Swept Away
To: my King

I came to You broken with fear and trembling
You stretched out Your hand and mastered my ascending
Plucked from the fire, chosen before the beginning
Resurrected by the finger of God, dancing
Done with spineless speculating, with pretending
Everything else in my life all foreshadowing
Found understanding in the shadow of Your wing
The mire Your incorruptible love transcending
In indelible ink, in Your own blood writing
To suffer death for friends, Son of God descending
The narrow path Your Word ever enlightening
Spongy mirror of my heart Your will reflecting
By You my soul walking, for Your return waiting

“Something so amazing, in a heart so dark and dim, when the walls fall down, and the light comes in” – Sara Groves, Something Changed

Nobody will ever fill his shoes.

And yeah. I’ve known hell.

Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:11 pm

Added the triad :) What do you think?

Meno_ of ILP introduced me to Otto's Mysterium Tremendum (Kant calls this the sublime, but we're changing it to tremendum) and Mysterium Fascinans (Kant calls this the beautiful, but we're going to keep it as fascinans). Keeping the third one as Wonder. Cuz. Sometimes. You just have no clue if you should run or worship ;) https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... 3#p2856493 Ref: https://www2.kenyon.edu/Depts/Religion/ ... 1/Otto.htm

Threw in a little Hegel, too. And me. Well. NOT ME... but me.

for Meno_.jpg
for Meno_.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 175 times

Ref: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wxtknEW5QLl8etwcmtjFOwUEQNbqGwsKpNeaQmPiY3M/edit?usp=sharing

Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:19 am

Ichthus77 wrote:

⸘Perhaps you would care to share with the rest of the class‽

Nah! =;

I’ll be giving the romantically-involved a very wide berth. The toxicity poison, consumes me, and I can neither deal nor bear.

..and respect me in kind, or…?

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:27 am

I … have no idea. Let’s go with yes on respect.

Ichthus77
Philosopher

Return to Meta