Is God there in any Situation?

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Is God there in any Situation?

1) Yes.
10
91%
2) No.
1
9%
 
Total votes : 11

Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Alf » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:49 pm

Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?
User avatar
Alf
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby obsrvr524 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:03 pm

Alf wrote:Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?

I accept the notion that God IS the situation itself. QED
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
    It's just same Satanism as always -
    • separate the bottom from the top,
    • the left from the right,
    • the light from the dark, and
    • blame each for the sins of the other
    • - until they beg you to take charge.
    • -- but "you" have been observed --
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:07 pm

Alf wrote:Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?

Hmmm, if you equate God with existence, then God is present in every situation. Now if you equate God with consciousness, then God is wherever consciousness exists. I have a soul synonymous with a consciousness, a God given piece of Himself, a part of his eternal energy form that transcends this one lifetime and this one dimension. Every situation from my perspective is felt by God but not directly controlled by God since he is not the only being in existence. No suggestions at the moment, carry on. :D
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8689
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Kathrina » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:39 am

obsrvr524 wrote:
Alf wrote:Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?

I accept the notion that God IS the situation itself. QED

God is the situation itself? An interesting statement. But the situation is the present state in a room or space. So God is this present state in a room or space? Then he must be everything at this moment in this room or space - except me. Is that right?

QED.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Alf » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:25 am

Kathrina wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:
Alf wrote:Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?

I accept the notion that God IS the situation itself. QED

God is the situation itself? An interesting statement. But the situation is the present state in a room or space. So God is this present state in a room or space? Then he must be everything at this moment in this room or space - except me. Is that right?

QED.

It's like this:

James S Saint wrote:The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".

Isn't it?
User avatar
Alf
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Meno_ » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:41 am

Alf says:

"Isn't it?"


No, it might not be.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 9003
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Alf » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:57 pm

Meno_ wrote:Alf says:

"Isn't it?"


No, it might not be.

And why is it not like that, as you said?

You are not drunk again, are you? :lol:

Alf wrote:
Meno_ wrote:I were probably Nietzsche but certainly was .

Are you always drunk? :lol:

Image

I hope you can take a joke. Otherwise excuse me, please.
Last edited by Alf on Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Alf
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Alf » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:17 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
Alf wrote:Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?

Hmmm, if you equate God with existence, then God is present in every situation. Now if you equate God with consciousness, then God is wherever consciousness exists. I have a soul synonymous with a consciousness, a God given piece of Himself, a part of his eternal energy form that transcends this one lifetime and this one dimension. Every situation from my perspective is felt by God but not directly controlled by God since he is not the only being in existence. No suggestions at the moment, carry on. :D

You equate God with consciousness, and your soul is synonymous with a consciousness, as you say, so accordimg to that: God is your soul. Right?
User avatar
Alf
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Dan~ » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:27 pm

Alf wrote:Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?


I consider God as the universal-good-essence.
It creates a lot of stuff, especially positive beings.
You can pray to God this very moment and it will hear you.
But God won't have the power to save you from suffering.
The whole point is to do what god is not doing.
God has already done his thing.
The left overs need your support.

Unless I've made a great error of judgement.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
ImageImage
Truth is based in sensing, in vision. And we can only see when we are alive.
User avatar
Dan~
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10666
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:14 am
Location: Canada Alberta

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Alf » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:17 am

Dan~ wrote:
Alf wrote:Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?


I consider God as the universal-good-essence.
It creates a lot of stuff, especially positive beings.
You can pray to God this very moment and it will hear you.
But God won't have the power to save you from suffering.
The whole point is to do what god is not doing.
God has already done his thing.
The left overs need your support.

But if God can not affect your fate, e.g. as "universal-good-essence" as you say, then he is really only an ethical being, probably rather physical than metaphysical.
User avatar
Alf
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Alf » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:06 pm

A god is not always only good, he is also sometimes evil. Otherwise, he could not be a real God.
User avatar
Alf
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Ierrellus » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:10 pm

Creative, genetic evolution, the part hungering to be whole, is personal proof of God in action.
The living situation is Being;, which can be characterized as becoming and belonging. The miracle of stem cells becoming organ and organism is proof of God working through evolution. Belonging is in the fact that this happens to all living creatures.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: state of evolving

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby encode_decode » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:53 pm

Alf wrote:Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?

I hesitate to respond to your questions. I am not the only one who is curious. I am also interested in man's role in the universe and all aspects of the cosmic fabric. Is there anything god-like about any situation? Human nature seems to be the greatest example of god(in the sense that there is nothing godlike about human beings). Perhaps not every situation has a godlike explanation.

- - -

As God creates a machine in the midst of the becoming, the entire being is being copied into an organ and directed into being a part of being. All living creatures are created for being like us. And all living things are created to represent a perpetual state of being as being. All our attributes are similar to being on earth. Perhaps there is no god but man. Man. Existence is the entire known universe; meaning one, multiple perspectives, and the existence of four particular Christs. Each person can be defined as the entire universe, which is literally separate and intertwined. Being the one who speaks to all his conscious thoughts. In reality, each individual is already capable of being an individual, so how could one be incapable of becoming an individual? The ability to speak is a quality one holds for all humans.

In what sense can we then say?
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby felix dakat » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:13 pm

Alf wrote:Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?


God is the ground of being out of which every situation appears. The logos is the structure of being out of which the light of consciousness shines thus making the situation intelligible. Christianity identifies Jesus as the incarnate logos who saves via the law of love.
The purpose of my life would seem to be to express the truth as I discover it, but in such a manner that it is completely devoid of authority. By having no authority, by being seen by all as utterly unreliable, I express the truth and put everyone in a contradictory position where they can only save themselves by making the truth their own.
Soren Kierkegaard– Journals, 432
User avatar
felix dakat
Janitor
 
Posts: 9278
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:20 am
Location: east of eden

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Alf » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:59 am

Is it right that you are in agreement with Obsvr, who says God is the sitauation, and Ierrellus, who says almost the same, although with emphasis more on dynamics ("becoming") than on statics ("is")?
Last edited by Alf on Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Alf
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby obsrvr524 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Alf wrote:
Kathrina wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:I accept the notion that God IS the situation itself. QED

God is the situation itself? An interesting statement. But the situation is the present state in a room or space. So God is this present state in a room or space? Then he must be everything at this moment in this room or space - except me. Is that right?

QED.

It's like this:

James S Saint wrote:The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".

Isn't it?

And then there is this -
James S Saint » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:23 am wrote:Although the stories of God have created many efforts to describe God and tell of the features of God, there is but one actual definition of God. A definition is not a description of features (omni-this, omni-that,...), but rather a limiting description of properties;

A god ≡ who/whatever incontestably determines what can or cannot be concerning a particular situation.
The God ≡ Who/Whatever incontestably determines All that can or cannot be concerning any situation.

What other attributes of God that might apply are comparatively irrelevant and usually merely someone's guess or more often, someones hyperbolic estimation, of power or ability. What counts most is what it is that determines the difference between God and anything else.

The word "God" is capitalized, not merely out of respect (as so many presume), but rather to signify the fundamental essence of the concept. A "god" is anything that has ultimate authority over a situation. It is the determiner of that one situation, eg "god of war, god of love, god of chaos". The word "God", being capitalized, refers to the essential property that permits a god to be a god at all - its ultimate authority. As it turns out, there is one thing, one ability, that allows any god to be a god. And that one property describes the ultimate nature of The God, without which there could be no gods at all.

So the question arises, what is that essence? What is there that could allow anything to be a god, an ultimate authority governing a particular situation? And I suspect that people in the past have known the answer to that question, but I can't find any reference that confirms that they truly knew. The answer is perhaps surprising to most of you. Most people today think of God in one Santa Claus version or another. And perhaps people always have (although I still hold a degree of faith that a very few have always known the more exact details).

He also posted about God being the principle that allows every situation to be what it is. So whether God is the principle behind the formation of every situation or the situation itself - seems a distinction without a difference. Every situation causes the next situation - so the principle would be that consistently the creator is the created which is the creator - forever creating itself - forever becoming.

And then that "praying" means to attend to the real situation for answers and your needs (which goes along with the Buddhist concept of awareness to achieve heaven).
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
    It's just same Satanism as always -
    • separate the bottom from the top,
    • the left from the right,
    • the light from the dark, and
    • blame each for the sins of the other
    • - until they beg you to take charge.
    • -- but "you" have been observed --
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:39 am

Alf wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Alf wrote:Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?

Hmmm, if you equate God with existence, then God is present in every situation. Now if you equate God with consciousness, then God is wherever consciousness exists. I have a soul synonymous with a consciousness, a God given piece of Himself, a part of his eternal energy form that transcends this one lifetime and this one dimension. Every situation from my perspective is felt by God but not directly controlled by God since he is not the only being in existence. No suggestions at the moment, carry on. :D

You equate God with consciousness, and your soul is synonymous with a consciousness, as you say, so accordimg to that: God is your soul. Right?

God’s conscience is imprinted on my soul. God’s energy is my spark of life, my consciousness.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8689
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:41 am

encode_decode wrote:
Alf wrote:Is God there in any situation?

And to what extent is there a relationship between God and any situation at all?

Do you have any suggestions?

I hesitate to respond to your questions. I am not the only one who is curious. I am also interested in man's role in the universe and all aspects of the cosmic fabric. Is there anything god-like about any situation? Human nature seems to be the greatest example of god(in the sense that there is nothing godlike about human beings). Perhaps not every situation has a godlike explanation.
You don’t think that imagination, creativity, or the grace of forgiveness and mercy is godlike? Or did I misread you?
- - -

As God creates a machine in the midst of the becoming, the entire being is being copied into an organ and directed into being a part of being. All living creatures are created for being like us. And all living things are created to represent a perpetual state of being as being. All our attributes are similar to being on earth. Perhaps there is no god but man. Man. Existence is the entire known universe; meaning one, multiple perspectives, and the existence of four particular Christs. Each person can be defined as the entire universe, which is literally separate and intertwined. Being the one who speaks to all his conscious thoughts. In reality, each individual is already capable of being an individual, so how could one be incapable of becoming an individual? The ability to speak is a quality one holds for all humans.

In what sense can we then say?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8689
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Ierrellus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:03 pm

The hunger of becoming is proof of God within. The part strives to be whole.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: state of evolving

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby MagsJ » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:26 pm

_
God? :-k

This planet is godless.. it had been forsaken a long time ago, for whatever reason or other, but by whom/what.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 22277
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby encode_decode » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:20 pm

WendyDarling wrote:You don’t think that imagination, creativity, or the grace of forgiveness and mercy is godlike? Or did I misread you?

If you believe I have presented my stance, then you have misread me. I don't think you misread me entirely, however, because you know something of me which led you to ask the question, "did I misread you?". Typically a question comes down to the definitions that it relies upon to answer. If we speak in terms of transcendence, then the human imagination alone can be classified as godlike compared to, let's say, instinct. Forgiveness and mercy to me indicate biblical training or other such training that includes forgiveness and mercy. The communication that you and I have just completed is an example of a creative technique.

Further: some people are neither forgiving nor merciful - especially these days. However, both forgiveness and mercy can be construed as natural animal traits to an extent - ever noticed, even dogs and cats are forgiving?
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Nebula

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Alf » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:45 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:I accept the notion that God IS the situation itself. QED
obsrvr524 wrote:
Alf wrote:
Kathrina wrote:God is the situation itself? An interesting statement. But the situation is the present state in a room or space. So God is this present state in a room or space? Then he must be everything at this moment in this room or space - except me. Is that right?

QED.

It's like this:

James S Saint wrote:The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".

Isn't it?

And then there is this -
James S Saint » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:23 am wrote:Although the stories of God have created many efforts to describe God and tell of the features of God, there is but one actual definition of God. A definition is not a description of features (omni-this, omni-that,...), but rather a limiting description of properties;

A god ≡ who/whatever incontestably determines what can or cannot be concerning a particular situation.
The God ≡ Who/Whatever incontestably determines All that can or cannot be concerning any situation.

What other attributes of God that might apply are comparatively irrelevant and usually merely someone's guess or more often, someones hyperbolic estimation, of power or ability. What counts most is what it is that determines the difference between God and anything else.

The word "God" is capitalized, not merely out of respect (as so many presume), but rather to signify the fundamental essence of the concept. A "god" is anything that has ultimate authority over a situation. It is the determiner of that one situation, eg "god of war, god of love, god of chaos". The word "God", being capitalized, refers to the essential property that permits a god to be a god at all - its ultimate authority. As it turns out, there is one thing, one ability, that allows any god to be a god. And that one property describes the ultimate nature of The God, without which there could be no gods at all.

So the question arises, what is that essence? What is there that could allow anything to be a god, an ultimate authority governing a particular situation? And I suspect that people in the past have known the answer to that question, but I can't find any reference that confirms that they truly knew. The answer is perhaps surprising to most of you. Most people today think of God in one Santa Claus version or another. And perhaps people always have (although I still hold a degree of faith that a very few have always known the more exact details).

He also posted about God being the principle that allows every situation to be what it is. So whether God is the principle behind the formation of every situation or the situation itself - seems a distinction without a difference. Every situation causes the next situation - so the principle would be that consistently the creator is the created which is the creator - forever creating itself - forever becoming.

And then that "praying" means to attend to the real situation for answers and your needs (which goes along with the Buddhist concept of awareness to achieve heaven).

Does this mean a Buddhistic God?
User avatar
Alf
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby obsrvr524 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:00 pm

Alf wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:And then that "praying" means to attend to the real situation for answers and your needs (which goes along with the Buddhist concept of awareness to achieve heaven).

Does this mean a Buddhistic God?

From what I gather the Buddhists don't get into identifying and labeling gods (or any separate identities). They are focused on the effort to perceive the whole of reality as one and being one with it - what we call "being in the Holy Spirit". And they have the same kind of "holy men" as Westerners for the same reason. They just think of it all differently (but I'm no expert).
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
    It's just same Satanism as always -
    • separate the bottom from the top,
    • the left from the right,
    • the light from the dark, and
    • blame each for the sins of the other
    • - until they beg you to take charge.
    • -- but "you" have been observed --
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby iambiguous » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:50 pm

He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 41492
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Is God there in any Situation?

Postby Alf » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:27 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
Alf wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:And then that "praying" means to attend to the real situation for answers and your needs (which goes along with the Buddhist concept of awareness to achieve heaven).

Does this mean a Buddhistic God?

From what I gather the Buddhists don't get into identifying and labeling gods (or any separate identities). They are focused on the effort to perceive the whole of reality as one and being one with it - what we call "being in the Holy Spirit". And they have the same kind of "holy men" as Westerners for the same reason. They just think of it all differently (but I'm no expert).

Actually, the Buddhists have no god (in the sense of monotheistic or pagan religions); so by "a Buddhistic God" I meant a god in the sense of a mix of Buddhism itself and a god or the God.
User avatar
Alf
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

Next

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]