Who is Satan

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: Who is Satan

Postby obsrvr524 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:55 pm

_
Satan depicted as pure evil -

Satan doesn't care what side of any issue you are on. The spirit of Satan ("Mr Shadow") "destroys all life wherever it is found" - but only in the order it chooses.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Who is Satan

Postby Destiny » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:46 pm

Satan is he who tempts us to selfish things. He is the snake in the Garden of Eden, and he is the one who tempts Jesus in the desert, to use his powers for his own good. But Jesus can only use his powers for the rest of us. That is why he is sacrificed.
Satan wants to stop you from sacrificing yourself for the greater good. He wants you to be selfish.

But there is only one Son of God and the rest of us are all partly selfish and partly moral. Jesus helps us to be more moral and less selfish.
what if you hate you
User avatar
Destiny
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: "San Fransisco"

Re: Who is Satan

Postby Destiny » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:30 pm

what if you hate you
User avatar
Destiny
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: "San Fransisco"

Re: Who is Satan

Postby obsrvr524 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:11 pm

Destiny wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybduMzb273M

I think she is just trying to connect dots and dreaming up excuses for things she doesn't understand. :|
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Who is Satan

Postby Destiny » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Yeah, like what's she get wrong?

Accusations are easy. Especially hollow ones :evil:
what if you hate you
User avatar
Destiny
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: "San Fransisco"

Re: Who is Satan

Postby obsrvr524 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:22 pm

Destiny wrote:Yeah, like what's she get wrong?

Accusations are easy. Especially hollow ones :evil:

If that is your argument - your accusation didn't change my mind.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Who is Satan

Postby promethean75 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:27 pm

promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4169
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: Who is Satan

Postby Destiny » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:12 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
Destiny wrote:Yeah, like what's she get wrong?

Accusations are easy. Especially hollow ones :evil:

If that is your argument - your accusation didn't change my mind.

Ok, so you didnt actually watch the video, which is fine but please just be honest about that ok?
The name of Lucifer seems to really mean something like light-bringer. Its not so hard to find in google. It is actually a Latin word.
So, Lucifer is maybe not Satan! Because Satan brings darkness and Lucifer brings light.

Try to live honestly. Because you are also being observed ;)

(not by me but by God)
what if you hate you
User avatar
Destiny
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: "San Fransisco"

Re: Who is Satan

Postby obsrvr524 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:41 pm

Like the sheila in the video, you simply try to invent a story to support what you would like to think.

I did watch the video before I said anything. So you have already lied by accusation. Yet you give me a lecture about honesty (casting satanic formula already - condemnation by speculation). =;

What I saw in the video was someone who learned a lot of details concerning many things that seem to have some association. And with that, she constructed a connection of the dots to lead to her chosen conclusion. I saw no defensive consideration of her conclusion might be entirely misled.

She showed no honest investigative demeanor - no "but possibly this other narrative could be true - instead what appeared to be an effort to defend a conclusion. In a courtroom with even a half qualified barrister, she would lose.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Who is Satan

Postby promethean75 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:58 pm

"But there is only one Son of God"

How dare you suggest that God would be so profane as to 'have a son'. I deny the transubstantiation of God and beseech u!!
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4169
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: Who is Satan

Postby Destiny » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:24 am

obsrvr524 wrote:Like the sheila in the video, you simply try to invent a story to support what you would like to think.

Gosh, you are such a dishonest person. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I did watch the video before I said anything. So you have already lied by accusation. Yet you give me a lecture about honesty (casting satanic formula already - condemnation by speculation). =;

No, you lied about what the girl said. All she did was trace the roots of the word and you called her a liar. I am shocked that you are actually a false accuser.

It is so disappointing to discover such things about innocent seeming men.

What I saw in the video was someone who learned a lot of details concerning many things that seem to have some association. And with that, she constructed a connection of the dots to lead to her chosen conclusion. I saw no defensive consideration of her conclusion might be entirely misled.

She showed no honest investigative demeanor - no "but possibly this other narrative could be true - instead what appeared to be an effort to defend a conclusion. In a courtroom with even a half qualified barrister, she would lose.

You are such a liar. All she did was present the origins of the name. She didnt have any agenda.

You clearly do. You want Lucifer to be the same as Satan. And you are prepared to falsely accuse your way to that goal.

Shame on you.
what if you hate you
User avatar
Destiny
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: "San Fransisco"

Re: Who is Satan

Postby Destiny » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:28 am

promethean75 wrote:"But there is only one Son of God"

How dare you suggest that God would be so profane as to 'have a son'. I deny the transubstantiation of God and beseech u!!

How dare you call childbirth "profane".

You are super-eerie.
what if you hate you
User avatar
Destiny
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: "San Fransisco"

Re: Who is Satan

Postby obsrvr524 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:29 am

Destiny wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:Like the sheila in the video, you simply try to invent a story to support what you would like to think.

Gosh, you are such a dishonest person. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ok --- that's all I need to read from you. =;
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Who is Satan

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Satan in the Bible is simply the accuser...

The prosecutor

Jesus is the defense side

God is the judge.

Everyone is the jury.

That’s how it works.

Is Satan evil ? If you fucked up, you’ll think so!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11544
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Who is Satan

Postby Dan~ » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:54 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Satan in the Bible is simply the accuser...

The prosecutor

Jesus is the defense side

God is the judge.

Everyone is the jury.

That’s how it works.

Is Satan evil ? If you fucked up, you’ll think so!


Thought-Pollution.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
ImageImage
Truth is based in sensing, in vision. And we can only see when we are alive.
User avatar
Dan~
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10530
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:14 am
Location: Canada Alberta

Re: Who is Satan

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:58 pm

Dan~ wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Satan in the Bible is simply the accuser...

The prosecutor

Jesus is the defense side

God is the judge.

Everyone is the jury.

That’s how it works.

Is Satan evil ? If you fucked up, you’ll think so!


Thought-Pollution.


That’s just the Bible. Explain more. I know what thought pollution is, but explain what you mean by that in regards to the Bible if you’re so inclined.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11544
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Who is Satan

Postby Dan~ » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:10 pm

explain what you mean by that in regards to the Bible if you’re so inclined.

The bible spawns all kinds of other ideologies.
Not because the bible says to spawn all kinds of other ideologies.
Maybe because the bible demands pure worship and conformity.
Maybe this demand for monism is what created the spawning of all kinds of different versions.
Maybe...
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
ImageImage
Truth is based in sensing, in vision. And we can only see when we are alive.
User avatar
Dan~
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10530
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:14 am
Location: Canada Alberta

Re: Who is Satan

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:16 pm

Dan~ wrote:
explain what you mean by that in regards to the Bible if you’re so inclined.

The bible spawns all kinds of other ideologies.
Not because the bible says to spawn all kinds of other ideologies.
Maybe because the bible demands pure worship and conformity.
Maybe this demand for monism is what created the spawning of all kinds of different versions.
Maybe...


You have no argument from me. I heard the Bible is really good for toilet paper though!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11544
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Who is Satan

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:46 pm

Besides the bible there is its interpretation...theology...thousands of years of intellectual work on how best interpret the bibles teachings, which for us Christians, are mostly limited to the New Testament anyhow...so the Bible is not everything and, philosophically speaking, it's not even most important, anyhow.
few videos on 'Satan' and evil, they are in Polish and there is no translation, if somebody speaks it...if not, bad luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfRf8tv ... C5%82owski
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9C4gD1 ... l=wRealu24
if somebody is really interested I can recommend readings:Józef Maria Bocheński, Jacek Woroniecki, Anthony Kenny, Pope Benedict 16th...protestants have many great minds too: Luther himself, Jonathan Edwards as a Calvinist and one of the great Western minds...Protestants have an intellectual history that is more modern and relevant than the Catholic one, up until 1910s or there about, when religion in America collapsed and became a laughing stock so really,,,it should be you Yanks being able to say something about it but you religion is Freudian psycho-analysis and hippie spirituality as can be clearly seen on all your cases; either that or backward, pre-Medival Christian fanaticism.
Last edited by polishyouthgotipbanned on Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:47 am

Re: Who is Satan

Postby obsrvr524 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Satan in the Bible is simply the accuser...

The prosecutor

Jesus is the defense side

God is the judge.

Everyone is the jury.

That’s how it works.

Is Satan evil ? If you fucked up, you’ll think so!

Surprisingly accurate coming from you. :lol:

Although bone lacking meat. O:)
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users