Gnosticism.

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: Gnosticism.

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:54 am

Greatest I am wrote:Thanks for this.

You are correct in that Gnostic Christians understand both the literalist Jewish and Christian reading of myths.

Generally, as that is all that can be said of such a fractured religion.

We are not literal readers of myths and hold no supernatural beliefs.

Nature is all that is needed to explain reality. In fact, Mother Nature makes a fool of Yahweh as she creates for the best possible end while Yahweh does not. Yahweh is genocidal while Mother Nature is not.

As a side note, please do not insult Gnostic Christians by saying we worship anything.

We are perpetual seekers and not idolaters like the mainstream religions.

Regards
DL


It's clear you worship Christ and that is all I need to know of your fraud. 8)

Nature is all that is needed to explain reality. In fact, Mother Nature makes a fool of Yahweh as she creates for the best possible end while Yahweh does not. Yahweh is genocidal while Mother Nature is not.


Don't invoke mother nature with your Semitic demon of a God, it insults her and your religion has raped this earth that brings you shame in mentioning her at all. On a side note, mother earth while being female is nothing without the male aspect, but that is a different conversation altogether. [The earth being both male and female having both aspects.]
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4099
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: Gnosticism.

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Hey DL! Thanks for the clarification.

“Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.”

Sounds like a visual positive-affirmation, to me.. a visualisation, to guide a person to a positive mental and ultimately a physical place. Do agnostics do this through sheer will, or by other means?
_
“John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”

Sounds like making friends, not enemies, so doing away with feudalism and tribal warfare. Do Gnostics not agree with that, as a better way to live/to exist?
_
“Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.”

Ok, I have no idea what that means, but I don’t know the full context it was said in.. I’ll look it up, and respond on it then.
It is esoteric. You have to look within, not without.

I looked within, then started to want to look without, and so I did.. as it was all about what everything meant to us, in relation to all else and our place in it.

That last means Yahweh gives up power to judge to the son at his right hand. A good thing if they had not made Jesus as genocidal as dad.

That guy, if you can recognize him is you. You end in claiming your sovereignty. In DNA terms, you affirm your fitness. In spiritual terms, you have evolved and graduated.

Well I nearly failed in that endeavour, because I told our Deacon that I didn’t think god existed #-o I then retracted my claim, so that I could sit on the right hand side of Our Father in Heaven. After which, the Confirmed were free to choose their path and wider sect, of which I chose spirituality over religiosity, which was kindly accepted by all. :D

It’s definitely an evolution, and a continual moving-forward.. as those that wear laurels don’t rest on em..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 21496
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Gnosticism.

Postby Artimas » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:14 am

Zero_Sum wrote:
Artimas wrote:Just because people don’t understand it doesn’t mean it is the religions fault itself. People twisted in with their own perceptions and edit it. The very basic idea was to follow wisdom and expanding consciousness. Not to be interpreted literally.


Christians, when they weren't killing pagans or nonbelievers they often enough have killed each other over a dead Jewish God long dead. How exactly can one misinterpret Christianity especially if one is a biblical literalist? The words or voice of God are quite clear, are they not? 8)

Aren't you suppose to be a Satanist? Another group of imbeciles that don't understand the history or meaning behind Saturnus. Truly a tragedy and a comedy.


Me? A satanist! Hahaha, I’ve never been a satanist. What’s that have to do with anything? That’s ad hominem actually, doesn’t that mean you’ve lost?

Pagan gods, all of the pagan gods are simply man externalizing their own inner psyche, which adds up to the monotheistic description of the Christian god (when spiritual people caught on to the fact that the deity is wisdom itself and a transcendental function of consciousness and reality), people who act off of a misunderstanding of the Bible and religions, does not mean the original intent of the religion or Bible is based on their act.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3845
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Gnosticism.

Postby Zero_Sum » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:48 am

Artimas wrote: satanist! Hahaha, I’ve never been a satanist. What’s that have to do with anything? That’s ad hominem actually, doesn’t that mean you’ve lost?

Pagan gods, all of the pagan gods are simply man externalizing their own inner psyche, which adds up to the monotheistic description of the Christian god (when spiritual people caught on to the fact that the deity is wisdom itself and a transcendental function of consciousness and reality), people who act off of a misunderstanding of the Bible and religions, does not mean the original intent of the religion or Bible is based on their act.


Dude, you're sporting a Baphomet in your avatar with an inverted pentagram. Yeah, I'm not a monotheist so....
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4099
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: Gnosticism.

Postby Artimas » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:50 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
Artimas wrote: satanist! Hahaha, I’ve never been a satanist. What’s that have to do with anything? That’s ad hominem actually, doesn’t that mean you’ve lost?

Pagan gods, all of the pagan gods are simply man externalizing their own inner psyche, which adds up to the monotheistic description of the Christian god (when spiritual people caught on to the fact that the deity is wisdom itself and a transcendental function of consciousness and reality), people who act off of a misunderstanding of the Bible and religions, does not mean the original intent of the religion or Bible is based on their act.


Dude, you're sporting a Baphomet in your avatar with an inverted pentagram. Yeah, I'm not a monotheist so....


Yes, baphomet is not Satan. Satan is just metaphor for man’s ignorance, instinct, animal side. If not to do with Saturn as Lucifer is to Venus. Baphomet is a deity and symbol of duality/balance. It is modern Thoth, since it is pan, hermes’(Thoth) son. If you look up satanism and their church, they changed the symbol to having no breasts, baphomet has breasts to depict feminine as well as phallus to depict masculine. To remove one is to upset the symbols nature and representation of duality, which means it would no longer be Baphomet. I also have a meaning for the inverted pentagram. The points to the side of it represent elements, the top or bottom point depicts spirit, when flipped and point is down, spirit is at the bottom, it represents man’s consciousness/spirit evolving through the use of the elements, a symbiotic relationship, normal pentagram the spirit is on top, through its use of the elements it triumphs over and rules elements now, in reality we have survived and use them constantly.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3845
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron