My Religion

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: My Religion

Postby iambiguous » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Uh-oh!

Yak yak yak again!! 8)
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:05 pm

No cojones.

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:You respond to my points first, which I raised far before you.

iamcommunist wrote:As for all the rest of it, there is what you believe "in your head" and there is what you are able to demonstrate that all rational men and men are obligated to believe in turn.

Genes and memes.

Go.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:I have to find a better term. Catholic is really grinding my gears.

Ah fuck it, I'm a Catholic.

An Antichristian Catholic.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby iambiguous » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:10 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:No cojones.

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Genes and memes.

Go.

Okay:

Religious memes are everywhere. Historically, culturally, experientially. If you don't believe me ask Satyr. Or for that matter phoneutria.

As for genes, allow me to paraphrase myself:

As for genes here, it is obvious that the biological evolution of life on earth has culminated so far in us. A species able to choose either to believe in God and religion or not to. But: is there an understanding of human biology that would enable us to decide whether a belief in God and religion is rational or irrational? Or is that far more likely to be embodied in the manner in which I construe the "self" here as a subjective/subjunctive existential contraption rooted in dasein?

Note to others:

How am I not responding to God and religion above in terms of memes and genes?

What exactly is he looking for here?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:12 pm

I'm not asking you to explain God and religion through memes and genes, obviously that is what any objectivist will do, interpret anything and everything through their objectivist paradigm. What I am asking is this:

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
iamcommunist wrote:As for all the rest of it, there is what you believe "in your head" and there is what you are able to demonstrate that all rational men and men are obligated to believe in turn.

Genes and memes.

Go.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:I have to find a better term. Catholic is really grinding my gears.

Ah fuck it, I'm a Catholic.

An Antichristian Catholic.

No, it doesn't work...
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Goddamnit.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby iambiguous » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:I'm not asking you to explain God and religion through memes and genes, obviously that is what any objectivist will do, interpret anything and everything through their objectivist paradigm. What I am asking is this:

Pedro I Rengel wrote:

Genes and memes.

Go.

Note to others:

Do any of you understand what he is getting at here?

Okay, given a context in which God and religion are discussed, explain where you think he is heading with this?

Unless of course his whole virtual persona here at ILP is an exercise in irony. Like, for example, I suspect that Meno's is.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:21 pm

pedro please stop enabling the troll
didn't he already made a pedro and iamb thread in which to put his bullshit?
do we need to make every single thread about that
have some respect for people iamb you fucking troll
not everyone wants to talk about this
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:22 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Note to others:

Okay, given a context in which God and religion are discussed, explain where you think he is heading with this?

Unless of course his whole virtual persona here at ILP is an exercise in irony. Like, for example, I suspect that Meno's is.

What's there to understand?

It's a simple question. You formulated it yourself.

Pedro I Rengel wrote:I'm not asking you to explain God and religion through memes and genes, obviously that is what any objectivist will do, interpret anything and everything through their objectivist paradigm. What I am asking is this:

Pedro I Rengel wrote:

Genes and memes.

Go.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:26 pm

phoneutria wrote:pedro please stop enabling the troll

Chemo can seem overbearing. But it's not worse than cancer.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby iambiguous » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:28 pm

phoneutria wrote:pedro please stop enabling the troll

Note to others:

Then she really does seem to respect his intellect on this thread!!!

What else:

:banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance:

Though not necessarily in that order. 8)

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:29 pm

Very pretty iam. Now:

iambiguous wrote:
Note to others:

What's there to understand?

It's a simple question. You formulated it yourself.

Pedro I Rengel wrote:

Genes and memes.

Go.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby iambiguous » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:33 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:

Genes and memes.

Go.

If you don't mind, I'll wait for others to weigh in on it.

Other than the lovebird phoneutria. She's likely to be prejudiced. 8)

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:39 pm

Lack the cojones, eh amigo?

No surprise, that is typical objectivist style.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Meno_ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:16 pm

Iambig says,

"Note to others:

Unless of course his whole virtual persona here at ILP is an exercise in irony. Like, for example, I suspect that Meno's is."

Well, I am being faceitous, if I repeat Phonetaria's mantra of going from the meta level: subordinated willfully, overcoming , or trying, to avoid prejudicial beginnings tied to not so transparent wanna be transcendentially slanted objectivism

If one wants to descend there , then certain desein's may be conflated in and through designated designs.

In hybrid situations , that are prevelant in the "Twilight episodes, a some what parallel can be drawn to such unusual beginnings.

What are they some may ask. Well for now I can only refer to a joke that used to elicit amisement:

"What happens when a parrot is inbred with a tiger. how could such conception best describe a an actual metaphor, while displaying a form of anticipated arhytype?

Take the universal church and it's predrcessor.

But first the ansse to the riddle : I don't really know, nut if it starts talking to you, had better to listen.

Anyway, look at some predisposed arguable connections: Joshua & Jesus . A quite puzzling eschtologic coincidence
Meno_
breathless

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:54 pm

I'm not happy with "catholic," but the idea is sound and one I have never heard before.

Even though it is obvious.

The Roman religion is largely unchanged. It is just the addition of Jesus that is the change. And even then Jesus tends to absorb the properties of actual Gods.

Like, which God in the world could have turned water into wine, eh?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby iambiguous » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:03 am

Meno_ wrote:Iambig says,

"Note to others:

Unless of course his whole virtual persona here at ILP is an exercise in irony. Like, for example, I suspect that Meno's is."

Well, I am being faceitous, if I repeat Phonetaria's mantra of going from the meta level: subordinated willfully, overcoming , or trying, to avoid prejudicial beginnings tied to not so transparent wanna be transcendentially slanted objectivism

If one wants to descend there , then certain desein's may be conflated in and through designated designs.

In hybrid situations , that are prevelant in the "Twilight episodes, a some what parallel can be drawn to such unusual beginnings.

What are they some may ask. Well for now I can only refer to a joke that used to elicit amisement:

"What happens when a parrot is inbred with a tiger. how could such conception best describe a an actual metaphor, while displaying a form of anticipated arhytype?

But first the ansse to the riddle : I don't really know, nut if it starts talking to you, had better to listen.

Anyway, look at some predisposed arguable connections: Joshua & Jesus . A quite puzzling eschtologic coincidence

I mean someone other than you. 8)

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:08 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Lack the cojones, eh amigo?

No surprise, that is typical objectivist style.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:08 am

You dirty commie you.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Meno_ » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:24 am

iambiguous wrote:
Meno_ wrote:Iambig says,

"Note to others:

I mean someone other than you. 8)

Oh, that's letting me off the hook!

I wouldn't have thought I would have thank You for it.
Meno_
breathless

Postby promethean75 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:32 pm

"What the fuck is he so happy about?"

he bested the devil, that's why he's like that.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:27 pm

See what's going on there? In the faustian negotiation the devil loses his interest in the soul of the man because he poses no challenge. Now if you imagine that man got rid of his platonic belief in the immaterial, the profane hedonism and simplicity of the man who offends even the devil becomes spiritualized and there is no more sin. The entire dichotomy of good and evil dissolves and places man above the good and bad gods. But the first appearance of ths process of the renaturalization of man is always obscene; we are working and understanding all this already under the yoke of christian interpretation, and the doctrine of materialism is offensive to that.

Ultimately the gods (the devil in this case) are reduced to an anthropomorphic parody of human quibbling and negotiating. How silly the faustian allegory can seem under these terms.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:27 pm

My God is the God of chaos, without Chronos no other gods would of ever existed. Primordial chaos birthed this planet and when this planet eventually dies along with all life as we know it primordial chaos will reclaim it once again. The natural state of humanity is chaos, so much so that when we try to install order through human will more chaos is always the direct result.

Chaos is always prevailing, it always creeps around stalking human beings in all life endeavors, chaos is our true guiding master.

In all the religious or spiritual pantheons of gods and demi gods, chaos gods are always the more honest. The gods of order always the more deceptive or dishonest.
Zero_Sum
Evil Neo-Nazi Extraordinaire.

Postby Dan~ » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:39 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:My God is the God of chaos, without Chronos no other gods would of ever existed. Primordial chaos birthed this planet and when this planet eventually dies along with all life as we know it primordial chaos will reclaim it once again. The natural state of humanity is chaos, so much so that when we try to install order through human will more chaos is always the direct result.

Chaos is always prevailing, it always creeps around stalking human beings in all life endeavors, chaos is our true guiding master.

In all the religious or spiritual pantheons of gods and demi gods, chaos gods are always the more honest. The gods of order always the more deceptive or dishonest.

I like the void.
And the beings that exist in the void.
Chaos to me is a perspective of things that seem disorderly or random.
But in fact, they are still being determined, just not in a linear fashion.
Chaos is non linear force, which is a more high and true expression of energy.

Maybe I'm wrong though..
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality