My Religion

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: My Religion

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:59 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Not everyone is brought up to discriminate or see prejudice in everything
Well you obviously have, because you keep bringing it up. But that's your problem, not mine.

In distinguishing the differing factions of Catholicism, I am discriminating and prejudiced? Apparently, the Independent Churches have an equally rich array of diverse sects too.

What an open discussion on religion, this is.

MagsJ wrote:List of independent Catholic denominations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_i ... ominations

This is a list of independent Catholic denominations which identify themselves as being within Old Catholicism or other independent Catholic traditions originating in Europe having split from the Catholic Church in the 1870s, which was originally ultrajectine in doctrine.
This is not honest. Some weird fucking Germans? That's not even Catholic, that's like neo-Lutheran.

You just said, by the way, that since Luther and Calvin split from the Vatican, they no longer were Catholic. So these "alternate Catholic denominations" you quote...? Both Luther and Calvin maintained the Catholic label until well after they had been excommunicated.

It’s called history, Pedro.. don’t accept it, if it’s too much for you to bear..

MagsJ wrote:All the local Irish families sent their children to that church and adjoining school.
Which church, I'm actually curious now.

I’d rather not disclose that..

MagsJ wrote:What does it mean to be Irish Catholic?

Yeah, like I have been saying, it only means a Catholic, aka Roman Catholic, from Ireland. There is however an extremely rich tradition in Irish Catholicism, dating back to the days when Catholicism wasn't even as big as it became. Very far back. But yes, still incontrovertibly, Pope subservient, Vatican affiliated, Roman Catholics.

I know.. all Irish Catholics, are Roman Catholic.

MagsJ wrote:I said that not all Catholics are Roman Catholics, and they aren’t.
I can go back and get the quote if you want. You clearly and explicitly said that Catholics were not Christians

I don’t think that many RCs can relate with Christianity, but that is our problem, not yours..
Last edited by MagsJ on Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Alright you asked for it. But not yet I got morning things to do.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:34 pm

MagsJ wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
MagsJ wrote:_
The Indic and Indo religions worship a holy Trimurti/Trinity,
the others do not seem to.

Ah, I’ve heard Christians say ‘in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.’

Well, I know that Catholics do.. each entity being God.
I do not know how Christians interrupt it or the bible in general.

..very demiurge I’d say, in that the Practitioner is the Triune,
Christian faiths might interpret it differently..?

And later,

MagsJ wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:Just popping in to remind everybody that Catholics are Christians. The distinction is made up by evangelists in the last decade or so.

But I suppose it's true you can also be a non or antichristian Catholic like me, but this is very new.

So while what Urwrong said is largely right, it is also true that the slaves did infiltrate even the highest levels of aristocracy. In a lot of ways, Catholicism is how Roman aristocrats secretely saved their religion from the greedy hands of the new tyrants.

I’m pretty-much a non-practising Roman Catholic, myself, but still have to keep one foot in the Faith.. due to family obligations.

MagsJ wrote:quote="WendyDarling"]Ah, I’ve heard Christians say ‘in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.’
/quote]Well, I know that Catholics do.. each entity being God.
I do not know how Christians interrupt it or the bible in general.

..very demiurge I’d say, in that the Practitioner is the Triune,
Christian faiths might interpret it differently..?
Why do you need to hate on another religion to have your own?

My inquiry is hating? Christians themselves have told me that Catholicism differs from Christianity, and Catholics themselves have told me that Catholicism differs from Roman Catholicism.

I did not make those distinctions myself.. others did.

https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 0#p2789521
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:58 pm

MagsJ wrote:
MagsJ wrote:I said that not all Catholics are Roman Catholics, and they aren’t.
I can go back and get the quote if you want. You clearly and explicitly said that Catholics were not Christians

I don’t think that many RCs can relate with Christianity, but that is our problem, not yours..

You got me all confused going in circles. At this alleged Catholic school you went to, did they mention Jesus or not?

And were you aware that Roman Catholicism exists, in fact mostly exists, outside of England?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:00 pm

You almost got me there with that edit... I mean I don't think you're evil for it or anything but you could have made a new post so that I noticed the addition and omition.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:14 pm

That’s my perspective, yes.

Care to put a relevant counter-argument forward?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Not until you start answering some of my questions.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:36 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
MagsJ wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:
MagsJ said: I said that not all Catholics are Roman Catholics, and they aren’t.

You got me all confused going in circles. At this alleged Catholic school you went to, did they mention Jesus or not?

And were you aware that Roman Catholicism exists, in fact mostly exists, outside of England?

..alleged Catholic school? Why the doubt/what gives.. do tell? Catholics don’t like doubting Thomas’s, but carry on yea.

How old am I / how old are you? Debate proper, or cease! am I pretending my past, and therefore my very existence? I will offer no physical proof, so all you will have is my word. Ready?

Do you think they mentioned Jesus? Who do you think we prayed to? the clue is in one of my last few posts ; )

Roman Catholicism.. the clue is in the name, as to whether I am aware that Roman Catholicism exists outside of England. I’ve already mentioned the historical aspect that brought RC to Britain, so why are you inquiring on that further?
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:38 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:You almost got me there with that edit... I mean I don't think you're evil for it or anything but you could have made a new post so that I noticed the addition and omition.

Don’t worry.. it has no bearing on the overall conversation.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:41 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Not until you start answering some of my questions.

I have been.. let’s continue.
MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:54 pm

Ah ok so you did pray to Jesus.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Ah ok so you did pray to Jesus.

What a strange question to ask a Roman Catholic,
non-practising or otherwise.

Nice OP btw.. are Venezuelan’s overly religious..
like, a life of constant prayer and worship?
MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:17 pm

I pray to enki the sumerian god because he's my sun sign guy.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:46 pm

promethean75 wrote:I pray to enki the sumerian god because he's my sun sign guy.

Who’s Greek equivalent is Prometheus, right.. East/West
MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:56 pm

MagsJ wrote:

What a strange question to ask aRoman Catholic
Christian.

For, after all, a Christian is one who worships Christ.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:56 pm

MagsJ wrote:

What a strange question to ask a Roman Catholic,
non-practising or otherwise.

Nice OP btw.. are Venezuelan’s overly religious..
like, a life of constant prayer and worship?

You keep making this about ancestry and countries. Why? And then you have the balls to call me discriminatory and prejudiced.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:58 pm

Like I talk about Catholicism and Christianity, and you say "how do you know what life is like in England."

Lol wut.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:59 pm

And I have also heard you talk about how idol worship is wrong.

So racist, nationalist to the point of discrimination, and religiously discriminatory.

I'm beginning to like you less Mags.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:00 pm

Say something snarky and hopefully leave my thread alone.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:16 pm

_
Nice try, but..

That’s not my denomination though.. this is Britain,
we aren’t forced under a one-size-fits-all label.

When filling out forms RC is an option, not Christian.
Go ask an Irish Catholic what denomination they are? (hint) I’ve never heard them say Christian, ever..
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:39 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:And I have also heard you talk about how idol worship is wrong.

So racist, nationalist to the point of discrimination, and religiously discriminatory.

I'm beginning to like you less Mags.

Just seen this..

A nationalist, sure, but the rest.. you formulated from pure misconception and conjecture.
Self-positivity is bad, in your eyes.. got it ; )

..or perhaps you can’t take a female having opinions? Don’t worry, I ain’t expecting a reply ; )
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:10 pm

_
Having thought about your accusation, that I hate idol worship,
I think you have mixed up Greatest I am and I, for it is he not I,
that has disdain for it, so perhaps it was in quoting that it looked
like it came from me..

I’m glad to have solved that puzzling accusation, about me.
Now ease-off Pedro.. I hope you can sleep more easily tonight, as will I.

..and btw, Catholicism has Pagan/Heathen beginnings, and celebrate Pagan
holidays etc. and prays to the Holy Trinity, first and foremost, not Jesus.
Hinduism is also of Pagan roots.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:24 am

_
I repeat.. and btw, Catholicism has Pagan/Heathen beginnings, and celebrate Pagan
holidays etc. and prays to the Holy Trinity, first and foremost, not Jesus.
Hinduism is also of Pagan roots.
MagsJ

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:39 am

By the howling wind,

1334374_3.jpg
1334374_3.jpg (151.18 KiB) Viewed 266 times

Praise be to Rome.
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Before the Light - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magickal Tree of Life Academy

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality