My Religion

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: My Religion

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:52 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:But it is worth wondering, you know, what does Santa Claus do the rest of the year?

Maybe he's just laboring away at the shop with the elfes?

Probably. Saturn would probably take great pleasure in that.
Scheming would justify the moral element. As a tease.
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Before the Light - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magickal Tree of Life Academy

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:55 am

Protestantism isnt about being rewarded beyond doing the work - that is a way of not being disgusting, which is the reward. Its that attitude that pioneered North American civilization by and large, the stoic pilgrim.
As for how Protestantism developed; Colder climates arent as friendly on the Roman attitude - Natural conditions on Earth do not get better than they are in Latium, but much of the Mediterranean approaches it. Up North Roman ethics of enjoyment, the sanction delivered by the city, lead to such decadence that a medicine like Luther becomes possible. Luthers statements are such radical remedies that the people there must have really been very sick. The privileged Islands of Britain however could endure a bit more enjoyment, so they founded their own national Church resembling Catholicism but allowing for various degrees of High and Low church.
- Thucydides
Image -
Before the Light - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magickal Tree of Life Academy

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:09 am

I don't know I think protestants are into morality, which is a subversion of God. Enforcing good and bad through reward and punishment. For a Roman, what is good will make it and what is bad will not.

You say it's a climate thing, but I find Odin operates a lot like this. This stoic stuff, it's just not Odin.

Odin is about gatherings around bonfires with great laughter.

Nothing could be more boring to a Roman than morality. Why even have religion then? And that is the whole point of morality. To subvert religion.

No, Santa Clause doesn't scheme to punish and reward, negative.

But it is still somehow a terrifying thought no? The terrifying being who you look forward to all year. Who is the most awesome being in existence.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:11 am

I think Luther was just a rebellion against Rome, for the simple fact of finding Roman rule hateful. So they used the text of the authorities against them.

I don't think it had much to do with pilgrims.

Pilgrims built little toys as they went about their day, and brought them to their children, who themselves worked more than modern Mexican slaves even do.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:11 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
MagsJ wrote:_
I was indeed inferring to the rich history of Catholicism, from its very inception to now, and the differing global Catholic sects within it, of which not all are Roman Catholic.. 1000s of UK Catholic Churches, are only Catholic in name, but not in nature.
Mags, this is just not correct. There are different Catholic orders, maybe you mean that.

But again, show me a single Catholic church that doesn't answer to the Vatican.

A church can simply call itself a Catholic Church, and 1000s of them do, so they are Catholic in name but nothing else.. not only is it on the internet, but I also grew up knowing this.. same with schools.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:13 am

MagsJ wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:
MagsJ wrote:_
I was indeed inferring to the rich history of Catholicism, from its very inception to now, and the differing global Catholic sects within it, of which not all are Roman Catholic.. 1000s of UK Catholic Churches, are only Catholic in name, but not in nature.
Mags, this is just not correct. There are different Catholic orders, maybe you mean that.

But again, show me a single Catholic church that doesn't answer to the Vatican.

A church can simply call itself a Catholic Church, and 1000s of them do, so they are Catholic in name but nothing else.. not only is it on the internet, but I also grew up knowing this.. same with schools.

Show me one.

One single Catholic church that does not answer to the Vatican.

It is just not what Catholic means. Catholic only refers to Roman Catholic, like "The States" only refers to The United states of America.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:14 am

It's just the long form of the name, The Roman Apostolic Catholic Church.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:16 am

Ok fair again.
Perhaps that is what Protestantism is, shelter from Odin, shelter from joy, shelter from Rome.

Since we dont have Santaclause on the Solstice, with Saturn there, I lack that experience of the transcendence of that feast. With us it was just basic happiness, and the Klaas was so kind as to bestow it on us. It wasnt as if he is particularly high, he is just beloved.

MagsJ - I think he's right. Catholicism is its own kind of State (like the Freemasons but different, but in the upper echelons similar). The Vatican is the seat of the leader of all Catholics, by definition.
- Thucydides
Image -

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:16 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Protestantism isnt about being rewarded beyond doing the work - that is a way of not being disgusting, which is the reward. Its that attitude that pioneered North American civilization by and large, the stoic pilgrim.
As for how Protestantism developed; Colder climates arent as friendly on the Roman attitude - Natural conditions on Earth do not get better than they are in Latium, but much of the Mediterranean approaches it. Up North Roman ethics of enjoyment, the sanction delivered by the city, lead to such decadence that a medicine like Luther becomes possible. Luthers statements are such radical remedies that the people there must have really been very sick. The privileged Islands of Britain however could endure a bit more enjoyment, so they founded their own national Church resembling Catholicism but allowing for various degrees of High and Low church.

Watch this documentary and tell me pilgrims didn't sit and enjoy.
Last edited by Pedro I Rengel on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:18 am

Fixed Cross wrote:The privileged Islands of Britain however could endure a bit more enjoyment, so they founded their own national Church resembling Catholicism but allowing for various degrees of High and Low church.

The main Catholic sects here were Founded in Rome, due to the history of Britain and its peoples.. namely due to the many wars and conquests that were had here. The same with its colonies, I should add.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:18 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Ok fair again.
Perhaps that is what Protestantism is, shelter from Odin, shelter from joy, shelter from Rome.

Since we dont have Santaclause on the Solstice, with Saturn there, I lack that experience of the transcendence of that feast. With us it was just basic happiness, and the Klaas was so kind as to bestow it on us. It wasnt as if he is particularly high, he is just beloved.

Yeah no that's the basic idea.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:21 am

The whole reward/punishment aspect of Santaclaus is a heathen idea.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:22 am

Can you imagine Saturn taking time off his day to put coal in someone's sock?

Unless they asked for coal.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:25 am

Fixed Cross wrote:MagsJ - I think he's right. Catholicism is its own kind of State (like the Freemasons but different, but in the upper echelons similar). The Vatican is the seat of the leader of all Catholics, by definition.

Indeed, Freemasons were modeled after Catholicism. And their resume includes, among other things, ridding the planet of slavery.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:28 am

Fixed Cross wrote:MagsJ - I think he's right. Catholicism is its own kind of State (like the Freemasons but different, but in the upper echelons similar). The Vatican is the seat of the leader of all Catholics, by definition.

I know that, I was born into that life, silly. :eusa-naughty:

Every country’s history and customs are different, so perhaps that is where your misunderstanding comes in? I don’t claim to know the intricacies of other country’s religious systems and sects, but feel free to carry on explaining mine, to me.
MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:29 am

Mags I think you are talking about the Anglican church, not the Catholic one.

It's a fair mistake to make because they are very similar. But Anglican churches answer to the sovereign of England.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:32 am

Which makes them heathen.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:43 am

Indeed, Freemasons were modeled after Catholicism. And their resume includes, among other things, ridding the planet of slavery.

They originated from the more technical aspects of Catholicism, centered around the architecture of the Cathedral. Masons are literally builders, engineers, of the human species into something beyond its misery.

I'm reminded of that plastic statue made by one "mason" across from the trading school.
- Thucydides
Image -

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:48 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Mags I think you are talking about the Anglican church, not the Catholic one.

It's a fair mistake to make because they are very similar. But Anglican churches answer to the sovereign of England.

Nope, no mistake.. Anglican churches are CoE and founded by King Henry VIII, so yea.. are Sovereign.

I think Pedro is winding Mags up, and if he isn’t, then he must think Mags unknowledgeable or even ignorant..
MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:50 am

MagsJ wrote:he must think Mags unknowledgeable

Only on this particular matter.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:02 am

Fixed Cross wrote:

They originated from the more technical aspects of Catholicism, centered around the architecture of the Cathedral. Masons are literally builders, engineers, of the human species into something beyond its misery.

I'm reminded of that plastic statue made by one "mason" across from the trading school.

I’ve heard that they’re of diminished importance now, but are still active.. I know of some who are FMs, and they are what they are.

London is far too diverse, for those from different religions and standings, not to mix.. not sure what Outsiders imagine Britain to be like? I guess all you read about is the religious hate going on, but that was due to extremism and enforced-immigration, and not really that rife otherwise.. even the other large cities and towns are similar to that, and even smaller ones and villages too.
MagsJ

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:05 am

Another subject entirely for a second, Prussian religiosity was by necessity, like with Sparta, purely military, given its lack of resources other than men. From this religiosity comes a kind of Jesuitism of military intelligence, namely the anticipatory war through diplomacy based on more imminent facts on the ground as had been the case with leisurely warring monarchs of richer nations, as well as an aggressive application of science to achieve technical superiority - they werent men serving an ideal, but they were religious. It is a strange kind of pathos, the Prussians. Almost like a chosen people. Chosen by fate, by the combination of strong men and barren land without natural borders.

For me this Christian world remains foreign, I had my first sense of religion when the name of Zeus was being screeched onto the blackboard. I can still see the grains of chalk swishing coming off the algae-dark green field into the hard morning sun, the fact of light in matter was understood in the violent nonchalance of the teacher who was manic depressive and schizoid, but considered adequate for the job of teacher of ancient Greek, by a generous gods ways.

He taught me! Arnold van Akkeren. A holy man.
- Thucydides
Image -

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:07 am

MagsJ wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

I’ve heard that they’re of diminished importance now, but are still active.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled....

but yet the devil is the unwashed, in their eyes - those who cant endure the truth directly.
And that is an order of rank in which they themselves considered themselves novices;
it is a rare occasion for nature to amount in the Ipsissimus.
- Thucydides
Image -

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:11 am

ENOUGH OF THIS BLOOD

Enough, or too much....
- Thucydides
Image -

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:14 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
MagsJ wrote:he must think Mags unknowledgeable

Only on this particular matter.

Nope.. I asked my peers questions about their different brands of Catholicism, studied Religious Education for years, listened to religious talks from RC Ambassadors for years, visited differing-denominational religious institutions etc. etc. etc.

All you seem to have is your word over mine? If you have no further evidence to offer, I’m done here. Good posts by you and FC on the historical aspects of the matter, and yes.. Christmas days are always awesome.
MagsJ

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality