Chicken or egg? What came first?

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: Chicken or egg? What came first?

Postby gib » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:36 am

Trixie Z wrote:Not for me it doesn't. The number of half truths on this forum are astounding.

What were you expecting? Full truths?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

Did you hear about the restaurant on the Moon? Great food, no atmosphere.
-- Alastor the radio demon

Why can't you hear a psychiatrist using the bathroom? Because the P is silent.

Did you hear about the guy who invented the knock knock joke? He won the no bell prize.
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Lev Muishkin » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:32 am

Trixie Z wrote:
Lev Muishkin wrote:Each year adds value to life, unless you stand still.

Not for me it doesn't. The number of half truths on this forum are astounding.

Please do not make a meaning making response where you tell about the metaphors of "standing still".

You've many problems as you have admitted.
You need a goal or two, and stop the self pity, then you can can grow. But being fucked up and not at peace with yourself will mean you are standing still; churned up, confused, angry. But there is still time. You are very , very young and might yet learn.

"Science is entirely Faith Based.... Obama is Muslim....Evil is the opposition to life (e-v-i-l <=> l-i-v-e ... and not by accident). Without evil there could be no life.", James S. Saint.
"The Holocaust was the fault of the Jews; The Holocaust was not genocide", Kriswest
"A Tortoise is a Turtle", Wizard
" Hitler didn't create the Nazis. In reality, the Judists did ... for a purpose of their own. Hitler was merely one they chose to head it up after they discovered the Judist betrayal in WW1, their "Judas Iscariot";James S Saint.
These just keep getting funnier.
Lev Muishkin
Philosopher

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:25 am

And...he gives the meaning making response, right on schedule.

So I guess the goal of life is to become a hazy liberal Levi who has the blinds on to reality, that is moving forward, alright. Opening your eyes to reality, and realising the world isn't so peaches and roses, causing you to enjoy life less...that's standing still.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby surreptitious57 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:29 am

Kriswest wrote:
Existence here is about learning life and death not passing time. Energy given and wasted does not give what is needed after

I am not convinced of this in spite of its zen like focus. As one can pass time by learning and part of that is in realising that your
existence is only finite. Energy would only be wasted if after learning this absolute truth one then chose to deny it for whatever
reason. And I also make a point at my age in life to avoid a fixed world view simply because that might turn out to be false. So I
accept what I know to be objectively true and for everything else I keep an open mind. I have probably relatively little time left
here and I think it would be better spent learning why human beings think the way they do. Rather than listening to the voice in
my head. Though it is not as loud as it used to be. I wish it were silent but since it is a work in progress then I have to be patient
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby Lev Muishkin » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:29 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:And...he gives the meaning making response, right on schedule.

So I guess the goal of life is to become a hazy liberal Levi who has the blinds on to reality, that is moving forward, alright. Opening your eyes to reality, and realising the world isn't so peaches and roses, causing you to enjoy life less...that's standing still.

No, my goal in life is to enjoy it before I die and not swallow any shit along the way.

"Science is entirely Faith Based.... Obama is Muslim....Evil is the opposition to life (e-v-i-l <=> l-i-v-e ... and not by accident). Without evil there could be no life.", James S. Saint.
"The Holocaust was the fault of the Jews; The Holocaust was not genocide", Kriswest
"A Tortoise is a Turtle", Wizard
" Hitler didn't create the Nazis. In reality, the Judists did ... for a purpose of their own. Hitler was merely one they chose to head it up after they discovered the Judist betrayal in WW1, their "Judas Iscariot";James S Saint.
These just keep getting funnier.
Lev Muishkin
Philosopher

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:52 pm

So, hedonist with no goals. Lol.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby gib » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:18 am

Lev Muishkin wrote:No, my goal in life is to enjoy it before I die and not swallow any shit along the way.

And how's that working out for you considering shit is all there is to eat?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

Did you hear about the restaurant on the Moon? Great food, no atmosphere.

Why can't you hear a psychiatrist using the bathroom? Because the P is silent.

Did you hear about the guy who invented the knock knock joke? He won the no bell prize.
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Pneumatic-Coma » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:45 am

Ichthus wrote:The ichthus w/ feet is for me a symbol of theistic evolution. See biologos.org/questions My last post stands regardless.

Where's this been hiding? Ichthus where you been breh? ILP misses ya!
(Our object of desire isn't to change current belief systems or complicate already convoluted streams of information; we're not trying to even prove ourselves in anyway. We're just human beings similar to yourself. Not superior, the same. Ancestors of the lost world. The conflicts of beliefs you face in your world, are not only the conflict of self yet life, we cannot compel such conflicts to other's will for any self-benefit. The true goal reached here is there is nothing we can say nor do that can convince anyone else of what they don't know for themselves already. And, when the time calls, and you are ready, the barriers of awareness will expand and such confirmed information will be easily perceived, and known to them! Allow them to seek and find out when they are prepared. All will arrive to light in no time.) Ego sum via veritas et vita;Amesha Spenta;Vohu Mano; Allow all things measurable, microbial and astronomical to remain infinite, unchanged and arrive to light.
Pneumatic-Coma

Postby Artimas » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:29 pm

Cells.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.

Image Image
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars

Postby Ichthus » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:54 pm

Pneumatic-Coma wrote:
Ichthus wrote:The ichthus w/ feet is for me a symbol of theistic evolution. See biologos.org/questions My last post stands regardless.

Where's this been hiding? Ichthus where you been breh? ILP misses ya!

Hi
An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. The basta’ds.
Ichthus
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:06 pm

More to the point [perhaps] how did chickens themselves come into existence?

And that seems to be all entangled up biologically in the evolution of life itself.

Which then takes us back to how and why biological life itself came to be.

Which then takes some back to God.

And then that explains everything, doesn't it?

And, then, sure, how comforting that must be.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Jakob » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:27 pm

AiR wrote:Chicken or egg? What came first? This is such a classic question that the world has continued to ask, for years and centuries, without coming to an answer. Is it not true that we contemplate - we were born from our parents, but then, where did our parents come from? They were born from their parents, but where did their parents come from? So finally, if the chicken came from the egg and the egg came from the chicken and the chicken came from the egg and the egg came from the chicken, then where did the chicken and the egg come from? Either the chicken or the egg should have come first.

People argue similarly on the origin of a tree and the seed. The seed gives birth to the tree and the tree gives seeds, but the seeds create a tree and the tree gives the seeds, but how did it all start? Did it start from the seed or did it start from a tree? Did it start from the chicken or did it start from the egg? It is after deep contemplation of this that you realize that this whole world is not a creation, but a manifestation of God. They all came about at one spot. Scientifically it’s called the Big Bang, but actually there is no big bang; it is the creation of the master creator. Now this is beyond religion. This is a spiritual logic that is used to understand creation. Thus, otherwise, how did all these species of man, animals, birds and plants come about? What is the secret of creation? One understands the secret only when he understands that this not a creation but a manifestation, and this manifestation is nothing but God manifested in various forms. Millions of God particles, manifested in plants, animals, human beings, create the universe as presented by God, but it’s only with spiritual logic that one can understand this. Scientifically, this will reach a dead end.

AiR

Theyre actually part of the same 4 dimensional thing.

4 dimensional thing doesnt mean a spaceship. It means a process which repeats itself. See, time is considered the 4th dimension. You are also a 4 dimensional thing, like the chicken-egg combo.

Once upon a time, the chicken-egg protoform was so small one would confuse it for a single form. Its transition chick-egg-chick-egg went so fast it couldnt be perceived.

Of course it didnt resemble a chicken, but probably it did resemble an egg.

So theres your answer, the egg was the form which appeared first. But behind this appearance was the dyadic form of chicken and egg.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality