What if the Earth is conscious?

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: What if the Earth is conscious?

Postby Drusus » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 am

The nature of the topic seems totally irrelevant, and should be moved to mundane babble.
Drusus
Thinker

Postby felix dakat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:14 am

Drusus wrote:The nature of the topic seems totally irrelevant, and should be moved to mundane babble.

Irrelevant to what? The OP stated a thesis and supports it with arguments. I don't think he's convinced anybody, but the thread seems to meet the minimum criteria for being acceptable in this forum. If you think not, explain why.
The purpose of my life would seem to be to express the truth as I discover it, but in such a manner that it is completely devoid of authority. By having no authority, by being seen by all as utterly unreliable, I express the truth and put everyone in a contradictory position where they can only save themselves by making the truth their own.
Soren Kierkegaard– Journals, 432
felix dakat
Janitor

Postby Drusus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:44 am

felix dakat wrote:
Drusus wrote:The nature of the topic seems totally irrelevant, and should be moved to mundane babble.

Irrelevant to what? The OP stated a thesis and supports it with arguments. I don't think he's convinced anybody, but the thread seems to meet the minimum criteria for being acceptable in this forum. If you think not, explain why.
Reasonable intelligent people should understand that it relevance is to anything but cozy chat, if something has relevance, it usually means you can use it in the real world where people work and has to make a living of intelligent thinking, if something is unintelligent you can't have high hopes to earn money off it, unless it has some sentimental/entertaining value.
Drusus
Thinker

Postby felix dakat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 am

Drusus wrote:
felix dakat wrote:

Reasonable intelligent people should understand that it relevance is to anything but cozy chat, if something has relevance, it usually means you can use it in the real world where people work and has to make a living of intelligent thinking, if something is unintelligent you can't have high hopes to earn money off it, unless it has some sentimental/entertaining value.

If the measure of relevance of an idea is that one can expect to make money from it, then I haven't seen you post anything relevant yet.
The purpose of my life would seem to be to express the truth as I discover it, but in such a manner that it is completely devoid of authority. By having no authority, by being seen by all as utterly unreliable, I express the truth and put everyone in a contradictory position where they can only save themselves by making the truth their own.
Soren Kierkegaard– Journals, 432
felix dakat
Janitor

Postby Drusus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:51 am

felix dakat wrote:If the measure of relevance of an idea is that one can expect to make money from it, then I haven't seen you post anything relevant yet.
If one doesn't have sufficient coginitive abilities, one will not precieve critical thinking, as it's often counterintuitive.
Drusus
Thinker

Postby Drusus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 am

Here is a thread displaying my ability to critically think, contrary most others.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=180168
Drusus
Thinker

Postby Moreno » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:05 am

Drusus wrote:Here is a thread displaying my ability to critically think, contrary most others.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=180168

You were critical, pretty much the only thing you did was express opinions and make unsupported assertions, in that thread, but there wasn't much critical thinking. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it is a bad thing if you think your posts in that thread were good examples of critical thinking, or even compare well with many other posts here at the forums.

Critical thinking does not mean writing one's thoughts that are critical of something or someone.
Moreno
ILP Legend

Postby me_daz » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:20 am

We are algae on a golden jelly fish
me_daz

Postby kk23wong » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:35 am

me_daz wrote:We are algae on a golden jelly fish

What I really mean: We are short-lived life cycles of this planet

BTW If the physical presence of the God was the Earth, religions would be the largest scams ever in history.
Looking for the Truth Teller in this website http://itsmyurls.com/kk23wong
A Teller is the Teller in the Holy Bible if you are seeking.

Proverbs 12:17 - International Standard Version (ISV) - English
kk23wong

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality