Please Delete

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Please Delete

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:35 am

___
Gloominary
Philosopher

Re: Please Delete

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:00 am

If only all your post were deleted...oh well.....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:41 pm

:lol:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:12 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:If only all your post were deleted...oh well.....

Kropotkin

If only ILP was a leftwing echo chamber, then poor Pete's small brain wouldn't have to think at all.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:32 pm

gentlemen
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:35 pm

Yes commissar?
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:34 pm

precious and few are the moments we three can share
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Can't stand private and restricted lingo.
Meno_
breathless

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:55 pm

Gloominary wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:If only all your post were deleted...oh well.....

Kropotkin

If only ILP was a leftwing echo chamber, then poor Pete's small brain wouldn't have to think at all.

Actually, from my frame of mind, Gloominary clearly has taken the time to think through his own "political prejudices". He's no urwrongx1000 in that regard. Really, imagine coming into an online philosophy site with a handle that basically notes that if you don't think exactly like he -- she? -- does you are wrong times a 1,000!

And with me, Gloominary, has noted this:

Life often isn't simple, easy, it's challenging, ambiguous, I totally get that, some don't, and some don't want to, or pretend not to, because they don't want to have an honest conversation about life, they want to impose their will, like you've said, the right/might makes might/right folks.

That's why I propose that he bring his own current political prejudices and explore them with me given my own "areas of interest":

1] Noting the distinction between a frame of mind that revolves around a "real me" in sync and a set of moral and political values that are said to encompass objectively "the right thing to do", and "I" embodied subjectively/existentially in dasein, in moral and political prejudices...in the arguments I make for it/this in my signature threads; and specifically in this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529 .

2] Noting that when someone does change their moral and political frame of mind, they are acknowledging that they were wrong about something in the is/ought world around them. And that, once they acknowledge this, they are acknowledging in turn they may well be wrong about other things. Finally, they are acknowledging that, yes, given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information, knowledge and ideas, they might be prompted to change their minds again. And again.

3] As a consequence, what I suggest is that we focus in on a particular moral and politcal truth of theirs and given a set of circumstances we examine our respective moral and political philosophies.

4] Here, however, I'm less interested in simply articulating what we believe is true in the way of moral and political truths and more focused in how we would go about demonstrating to others that all rational and virtuous men and women are obligated to think and to feel the same.

Given a context of his own choosing.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:29 pm

the gentleman speaker iambiguous yields back
promethean75
Philosopher

Return to Current Events