the coup attempts aren't over

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:15 am

you are being weird
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:41 am

Here's one mainstream conservative reaction to the attack on the capital building.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/14/opin ... e=Homepage

The point below in particular. From my frame of mind, it is particularly applicable to those here like Wendy and obsrvr and urwrongx:

The split we are seeing [in the ranks of those once solidly behind Trump] is not theological or philosophical. It’s a division between those who have become detached from reality and those who, however right wing, are still in the real world.

Hence, it’s not an argument. You can’t argue with people who have their own separate made-up set of facts. You can’t have an argument with people who are deranged by the euphoric rage of what Erich Fromm called group narcissism — the thoughtless roar of those who believe their superior group is being polluted by alien groups.

Tell me that this does not describe them!!

Group narcissism! Otherwise known [by me] as yet another manifestation of the "one of us" clique/claque mentality.

That it happens to be Trumpworld they worship and adore isn't really the point. It could be anything. As long as they are able to insist that the world around them is only what they say that it is. The psychology of objectivism on steroids.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Current Events