the coup attempts aren't over

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:30 pm

I avoid like the plague right wing websites, but even I have
heard that the coup attempts are not over......

the plan which is going to kick off next weekend.
which is Jan.15, 16, 17..... this next attempt will be
attacking the state capital buildings... So here in California,
the mob attempting to overthrow the government, will
attack Sacramento and that capital building....

plus I have heard that the mob will try once again to destroy
the American government on Jan 20... which is Inauguration day.....

now as a side note, I have heard the village idiot will try and pardon the Mob
who attacked the capital building....the problem with that is pardons
have to be specific, they have to name names and have some specificity
to them...a blanket pardon will not work in this case and will likely
be rejected by the United State Supreme Court because of this
lack of specificity in any mass pardon....

so be on the lookout for these particular possibilities....

more violence from the "Law and order" crowd
and blanket pardon attempts.....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8924
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Gloominary » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:43 pm

The Biden wing of the democrats started it by raping and pillaging America's cities for 6-8 months.
They're terrorists.
Perhaps the Trump wing of the republicans will finish it.
Biden, along with the Clintons, Obama, the Bushs, Cheney and Rumsfeld are war criminals.
Good riddance.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:49 pm

Gloominary wrote:The Biden wing of the democrats started it by raping and pillaging America's cities for 6-8 months.
They're terrorists.
Perhaps the Trump wing of the republicans will finish it.
Biden, along with the Clintons, Obama, the Bushs, Cheney and Rumsfeld are war criminals.
Good riddance.


K: a tale told by an idiot,
full of sound and fury,
signifying nothing

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8924
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:46 pm

For once PK is right. The title of his thread is accurate. The left have been attempting a coup since Trump took office, Russiagate, impeachment, stealing an election, a second impeachment in the works, not to mention all their other stunts.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:55 pm

WendyDarling wrote:For once PK is right. The title of his thread is accurate. The left have been attempting a coup since Trump took office, Russiagate, impeachment, stealing an election, a second impeachment in the works, not to mention all their other stunts.




How delictible it is to place optics into an illusionary reflexive inversely proportional ratio Wendy.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Gloominary » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:27 pm

I'm not saying Trump should stage a coup, but what do you do with a party full of both war criminals, and terrorists? :-k
Last edited by Gloominary on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby iambiguous » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:27 pm

A coup of the sort that revolved around the "storming of the capitol" was basically just an "action" embraced by the "fulminating fanatics" on the right. There was and never will be the possibility of them ever succeeding against the might of the United States government. Or even the state and local governments able to call on the federal government to intervene.

Instead, only to the extent that a political faction in the country -- Trumpworld or otherwise -- is able to persuade a sizable chunk of the military to overthrow the government, is a real coup likely to happen.

The thugs we watching today might one day be part of a paramilitary force, similar to these guys: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

But it would seem that only to the extent a crisis reached a level far beyond even 2020 would the "deep state" resort to an actual coup.

It's never out of the question of course but only fools like Joker see it around every corner.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 39781
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Gloominary » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:32 pm

All the democrats who stood idly by while America's cities burned for 6-8 months, in some cases aiding, abetting and participating in the terrorism, what do you do with that? :-k
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby obsrvr524 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:33 pm

WendyDarling wrote:For once PK is right. The title of his thread is accurate. The left have been attempting a coup since Trump took office, Russiagate, impeachment, stealing an election, a second impeachment in the works, not to mention all their other stunts.

You are certainly right about that -

Now they have Ms Pelosi's laptop, which is why she is desperate to get Mr Trump out of office. She is being exposed for high treason. And that is why they had that fake fight at the Capital.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Gloominary » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:45 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
Gloominary wrote:The Biden wing of the democrats started it by raping and pillaging America's cities for 6-8 months.
They're terrorists.
Perhaps the Trump wing of the republicans will finish it.
Biden, along with the Clintons, Obama, the Bushs, Cheney and Rumsfeld are war criminals.
Good riddance.


K: a tale told by an idiot,
full of sound and fury,
signifying nothing

Kropotkin

You're totally blind to the evils of your own party, moron.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Gloominary » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:51 pm

When the right rioted for a single day, what did the Trump admin do?
They got the situation under control immediately.
When the left rioted for 7 months, what did blue states do?
They stood down, in some cases aiding, abetting and participating in the rioting.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby iambiguous » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:52 pm

Gloominary wrote:All the democrats who stood idly by while America's cities burned for 6-8 months, in some cases aiding, abetting and participating in the terrorism, what do you do with that? :-k


Right, reducing the black community's reaction to the killing of George Floyd and so many others down to "terrorism".

On the other hand, as you noted on another thread:

Life often isn't simple, easy, it's challenging, ambiguous, I totally get that, some don't, and some don't want to, or pretend not to, because they don't want to have an honest conversation about life, they want to impose their will, like you've said, the right/might makes might/right folks.


Yet I still suspect that by an "honest conversation" about either BLM or the storming of the capital, you mean others either agree with your own seeming dogmatic views or they are wrong.

Of course you still have that comforting and consoling psychological advantage of being able to think yourself into believing that you do grasp the way things really are in America.

I'm considerably more fractured and fragmented myself. By the way, I explain that in my signature threads here.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 39781
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:12 pm

Gloominary wrote:When the right rioted for a single day, what did the Trump admin do?
They got the situation under control immediately.
When the left rioted for 7 months, what did blue states do?
They stood down, in some cases aiding, abetting and participating in the rioting.


K: and yet, you still haven't acknowledge the fact that the violence the other
day, was the result of trying to OVERTHROWING THE GOVERNMENT... for the love of god,
the entire point of the other day was to OVETHROW THE GOVENRMENT....
a fact you still haven't acknowledge... it wasn't marching for equal rights
or trying to make BLM... what part of OVERTHROWING THE GOVENRMENT
can't you acknowledge?

the agenda of the left and the right were/are completely different
and that makes a difference....

under the law, violence can have different meanings...
for example, killing someone under self defense is a whole
different beast then killing someone over revenge or or for money.....
or OVERTHROWING THE GOVERNMENT....
the reason for violence can and does change the way the law looks at it....

violence, death for OVERTHROWING THE GOVERNMENT is different
then violence, death for marching for police treatment of black people....
especially given the police quite often instigate the violence in these
marches...

you keep trying to make them the exact same thing when in fact, they
are not....there is no equivalency between what BLM did and what
the insurrectionist did the other day...they entire point of the BLM was
to change and improve the conduct between the police and the black community,
whereas the right wing was trying to OVERTHROW THE GOVENRMENT....

two completely and different agendas....once you finally admit the
mob the other day was ....you know... overthrowing the government..

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8924
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Gloominary » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:13 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Gloominary wrote:All the democrats who stood idly by while America's cities burned for 6-8 months, in some cases aiding, abetting and participating in the terrorism, what do you do with that? :-k


Right, reducing the black community's reaction to the killing of George Floyd and so many others down to "terrorism".

On the other hand, as you noted on another thread:

I never said the black protestors who remained peaceful are terrorists, they're not.
And with the exception of that one capitol building protestor who murdered that one officer, none of the capitol building protestors are terrorists, a few of them are rioters.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:22 pm

Gloominary wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Gloominary wrote:All the democrats who stood idly by while America's cities burned for 6-8 months, in some cases aiding, abetting and participating in the terrorism, what do you do with that? :-k


Right, reducing the black community's reaction to the killing of George Floyd and so many others down to "terrorism".

On the other hand, as you noted on another thread:

I never said the black protestors who remained peaceful are terrorists, they're not.
And with the exception of that one capitol building protestor who murdered that one officer, none of the capitol building protestors are terrorists, some of them are rioters.


K: actually in fact, every single person who participated is a domestic terrorist...


under the patriot act of 2001: Domestic terrorism are "activities that involve
acts dangerous to human life that are in violation of the criminal laws of the U.S
or of any state... B. appear to be intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian
population, to influence the policy of a government by mass destruction, assassination,
or kidnapping....

in other words by federal statue, they were and still are domestic terrorist...

there is no other way to explain them....
otherwise... tell me this, why did these domestic terrorists need to
have zip ties which are used to tie up people... which means they
entered the capital building with the express purpose of killing or
kidnapping the congressmen....

they are domestic terrorist and until you can actually say that,
you are a liar... and a hypocrite....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8924
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby iambiguous » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:28 pm

Gloominary wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Gloominary wrote:All the democrats who stood idly by while America's cities burned for 6-8 months, in some cases aiding, abetting and participating in the terrorism, what do you do with that? :-k


Right, reducing the black community's reaction to the killing of George Floyd and so many others down to "terrorism".

On the other hand, as you noted on another thread:

I never said the black protestors who remained peaceful are terrorists, they're not.
And with the exception of that one capitol building protestor who murdered that one officer, none of the capitol building protestors are terrorists, some of them are rioters.


Look, those on the left, like those on the right, get pissed off about things that enrage them. The outrage that they feel can spur them to violence. Call it protesting, call it rioting, call it terrorism.

But, again, it's the manner in which you insist that the black mobs are flagrant terrorists while the white mobs are just protesters that leads me to believe that you have embraced a set of political prejudices rooted in dasein. Just like them.

So, why don't we take your value judgments to a new thread and explore them more rigorously. Given the areas that interest me here...

1] Noting the distinction between a frame of mind that revolves around a "real me" in sync and a set of moral and political values that are said to encompass objectively "the right thing to do", and "I" embodied subjectively/existentially in dasein, in moral and political prejudices...in the arguments I make for it/this in my signature threads; and specifically in this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529 .

2] Noting that when someone does change their moral and political frame of mind, they are acknowledging that they were wrong about something in the is/ought world around them. And that, once they acknowledge this, they are acknowledging in turn they may well be wrong about other things. Finally, they are acknowledging that, yes, given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information, knowledge and ideas, they might be prompted to change their minds again. And again.

3] As a consequence, what I suggest is that we focus in on a particular moral and political truth of theirs and given a set of circumstances we examine our respective moral and political philosophies.

4] Here, however, I'm less interested in simply articulating what we believe is true in the way of moral and political truths and more focused in how we would go about demonstrating to others that all rational and virtuous men and women are obligated to think and to feel the same.


...along with the areas that interest you.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 39781
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:33 pm

Gloominary wrote:I'm not saying Trump should stage a coup, but what do you do with a party full of both war criminals, and terrorists? :-k

Yeah, coup attempt after coup attempt since 2016, *crickets chirping* silence from all the nutty lefties because they don’t understand it could possibly be true, not after they’ve been spoon fed lies that support their inner righteousness.
Last edited by WendyDarling on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Gloominary » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:33 pm

K: and yet, you still haven't acknowledge the fact that the violence the other
day, was the result of trying to OVERTHROWING THE GOVERNMENT... for the love of god,
the entire point of the other day was to OVETHROW THE GOVENRMENT....
a fact you still haven't acknowledge...

Dozens of unarmed idiots running around inside the capitol building doesn't constitute a coup, it was a disruption, mischief.

it wasn't marching for equal rights
or trying to make BLM... what part of OVERTHROWING THE GOVENRMENT
can't you acknowledge?

I don't see it that way.
Some of them were protesting for greater rights, others were looting, rioting, and terrorizing for greater rights, or just for the hell of it.

the agenda of the left and the right were/are completely different
and that makes a difference....

I disagree.
I think conservatives have a better case to make for being oppressed than blacks.

under the law, violence can have different meanings...
for example, killing someone under self defense is a whole
different beast then killing someone over revenge or or for money.....
or OVERTHROWING THE GOVERNMENT....
the reason for violence can and does change the way the law looks at it....

In modern America, under no circumstances should you be able to get away with arson, assault, looting, murder and vandalism, end of story, it's not like the blacks were being chased down by the KKK, there was no immediate threat, there's no long term threat either, not that a long term threat would justify arson and so on, blacks are a protected class.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:42 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
Gloominary wrote:I'm not saying Trump should stage a coup, but what do you do with a party full of both war criminals, and terrorists? :-k


W: Yeah, coup attempt after coup attempt since 2016, *crickets chirping* silence from all the nutty lefties because they don’t understand it could possibly be true, not after they’ve been spoon fed lies that support their inner righteousness.



K: please free to name one leftist coup attempt.. .I'll wait......

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8924
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:44 pm

Meno_ wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:For once PK is right. The title of his thread is accurate. The left have been attempting a coup since Trump took office, Russiagate, impeachment, stealing an election, a second impeachment in the works, not to mention all their other stunts.




How delictible it is to place optics into an illusionary reflexive inversely proportional ratio Wendy.

There's nothing illusionary about my assertions. But their is something delusionary in your beliefs.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:50 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Gloominary wrote:I'm not saying Trump should stage a coup, but what do you do with a party full of both war criminals, and terrorists? :-k


W: Yeah, coup attempt after coup attempt since 2016, *crickets chirping* silence from all the nutty lefties because they don’t understand it could possibly be true, not after they’ve been spoon fed lies that support their inner righteousness.



K: please free to name one leftist coup attempt.. .I'll wait......

Kropotkin

Already done above four times. Your reading skills are shit. Russia hoax, falsified impeachment attempt, stolen election, second falsified impeachment attempt in the works.
Last edited by WendyDarling on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby d0rkyd00d » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:51 pm

WendyDarling wrote:For once PK is right. The title of his thread is accurate. The left have been attempting a coup since Trump took office, Russiagate, impeachment, stealing an election, a second impeachment in the works, not to mention all their other stunts.


I'm sure you have a personal definition of coup, it's just not a Constitutional one as far as I can tell.
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:37 pm

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby d0rkyd00d » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:53 pm

Here's an indicator if someone is brainwashed:

See if their arguments with align with posters on TheDonald.win.

You will notice many arguments posted there mirror that of Gloom, Wendy, Urwrong, Zero, Pedro, Obsrvr and others. It's clear where they are getting their information from.

Arguing with the brainwashed is an exercise in futility.
Last edited by d0rkyd00d on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:37 pm

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby d0rkyd00d » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:53 pm

And if you don't believe me, I'll start a separate thread that demonstrates as much.
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:37 pm

Re: the coup attempts aren't over

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:57 pm

What is in the constitution about coups?

You may be right. Then redefining what a coup is needs to be amended in the constitution that those who falsely accuse in a conspiratorial fashion to unseat any elected official by legal means that are unfounded thus failing, should be held accountable for high treason. I may need to add this to your amendments thread.

I admit, not official coups as defined in terms of violence described in both the constitution and the online definition.

An amendment needs to be made for the non violent conspiratorial attempts to overthrow a government or its elected officers.
Last edited by WendyDarling on Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Next

Return to Current Events



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users