American domestic terrorist killed yesterday, not patriot.

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Re: American domestic terrorist killed yesterday, not patrio

Postby d0rkyd00d » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:55 pm

Gloominary wrote:
d0rkyd00d wrote:And no, I don't believe the ends justify the means (as a truism).

You believe progressive ends justify the means, you believe conservative ends don't justify the means.

So for you, only ends matter, not means.

Well you can either tell me what I think, which is incorrect, or you can listen to what I say, which is correct.
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:56 pm

d0rkyd00d wrote:
Gloominary wrote:
d0rkyd00d wrote:And no, I don't believe the ends justify the means (as a truism).

You believe progressive ends justify the means, you believe conservative ends don't justify the means.

So for you, only ends matter, not means.

Well you can either tell me what I think, which is incorrect, or you can listen to what I say, which is correct.

Okay, do you believe the BLM riots of last summer/fall were justified?

Not talking about the protests insofar as they were peaceful, but insofar as they were riotous.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby d0rkyd00d » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:01 pm

My thoughts on the subject align with Dr. King:

Let me say as I've always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating. I'm still convinced that nonviolence is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom and justice. I feel that violence will only create more social problems than they will solve. That in a real sense it is impracticable for the Negro to even think of mounting a violent revolution in the United States. So I will continue to condemn riots, and continue to say to my brothers and sisters that this is not the way. And continue to affirm that there is another way.

But at the same time, it is as necessary for me to be as vigorous in condemning the conditions which cause persons to feel that they must engage in riotous activities as it is for me to condemn riots. I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.

https://www.crmvet.org/docs/otheram.htm
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:14 pm

d0rkyd00d wrote:My thoughts on the subject align with Dr. King:

Let me say as I've always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating. I'm still convinced that nonviolence is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom and justice. I feel that violence will only create more social problems than they will solve. That in a real sense it is impracticable for the Negro to even think of mounting a violent revolution in the United States. So I will continue to condemn riots, and continue to say to my brothers and sisters that this is not the way. And continue to affirm that there is another way.

But at the same time, it is as necessary for me to be as vigorous in condemning the conditions which cause persons to feel that they must engage in riotous activities as it is for me to condemn riots. I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.

https://www.crmvet.org/docs/otheram.htm

Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying, you weren't saying the riots were justified, just that you sympathize with their goals, intent and the conditions you believe lead to them more than with the goals and intent of pro-Trump rioters, and so you'd deal with the former more leniently than the latter, gotcha.
I disagree, I don't think there's any distinction whatsoever, but I understand now you weren't saying the distinction justifies rioting, just a more sympathetic outlook.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby d0rkyd00d » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:27 pm

Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying, you're saying the riots were unjustified, but that you sympathize with their goals, intent and the conditions you believe lead to them more than the goals and intent of these Trump supporter rioters, and so you'd deal with the former more leniently than the latter, gotcha.

I am simply pointing out that there is a distinction, and that extenuating circumstances are relevant to the calculation.

Saying nothing about practicality, I agree with the idea that racial equality is a noble goal to strive towards. I agree that equal opportunity, regardless of race or class or gender is a noble goal to strive for. I believe that having free, fair, and trustworthy elections is a noble goal to strive for. I believe people should feel, to a certain extent, their government is achieving its stated purpose. The fact of the matter is, there are way more than 74MM Americans who feel they are no longer directly involved in shaping a "more perfect Union," and do not feel there is a legitimate path for their concerns to be heard (I believe this is common ground for both groups).

-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby d0rkyd00d » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:46 pm

https://www.vox.com/2021/1/8/22220840/s ... mpeachment

How did President Donald Trump react to the chaotic scene in which his supporters stormed the Capitol as Congress was preparing to formally approve President-elect Joe Biden’s win — a scene that eventually left five people dead?

One Republican senator who says he’s been in touch with senior White House aides about the matter claims the president was “delighted.”

“I don’t have any idea what was in his heart about what he wanted to happen once they were in the Capitol, but he wanted there to be chaos,” Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) said, during an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt Friday morning.

“And I’m sure you’ve also had conversations with other senior White House officials, as I have,” Sasse continued. “As this was unfolding on television, Donald Trump was walking around the White House confused about why other people on his team weren’t as excited as he was as you had rioters pushing against Capitol Police trying to get into the building.”

Sasse added: “He was delighted.”

When Hewitt asked about impeachment, Sasse said there was a very important issue he wanted to get to the bottom of: why the National Guard wasn’t deployed more quickly to help restore order.

“That’s what I’ve been working on last night and this morning. I want to understand more about why the National Guard wasn’t deployed when there had been clear calls for it, and then why that delay happened. So there are more things that I need to understand before I get to a conclusory judgment about that,” Sasse said. “But I think that the question of, ‘Was the president derelict in his duty,’ that’s not an open question. He was.”

Sasse, who criticized Trump frequently during the 2016 campaign, stayed mostly quiet about the criticisms he had for most of Trump’s presidency. But in recent months he’s scathingly rebutted Trump’s efforts to overturn the results of the election, calling them a “loaded gun” pointed “at the heart of legitimate self-government.” Those words proved prophetic as Trump supporters egged on by the president’s lies and conspiracy theories forced their way into the Capitol Wednesday.

-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:46 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
Gloominary wrote:
K: once again, rewriting history... you said a "small group of protesters"
and now you admit to "hundreds of thousands"....

Hundreds of thousands of them were entirely peaceful, hundreds of them weren't entirely peaceful.

Pence did send in the national guard because IQ45 wouldn't...
remember, Pence was in the building the whole time, he had
motivation to get the national guard there...whereas IQ45 couldn't have
cared less...and didn't....

You said you can't separate Trump from the GOP, Pence is a member of the GOP.

Peaceful for hours? oh, is that the defense for the violence and deaths
that followed? the time that lapsed before a violent attack is completely
irrelevant....

see officer, we didn't kill that man for hours, before we did...
so you see we are innocent because we didn't kill him for hours.....
so it was an entirely peaceful event.. because we didn't kill him for hours
......before we did...

Kropotkin

The protest was overwhelmingly peaceful.
There were a few agitators, but most of them were mischievous, not dangerous.
I can't condone murder, the Trump supporter who bashed the police officers head in with a fire extinguisher deserves to be behind bars.

K: you are supporting the attempted coup of America...
it was a brazen attempt to overthrow the government by
both violence and intimation...the very fact you had, as you put it,
hundred of thousands of people, there supporting the violence
doesn't make "a few agitators" and the rest... it is one group with one
agenda...you are trying to make a fine distinction between something
that doesn't have any distinction...

for example, if you are with someone, say in a car and another person in that
car shoots and kills someone... you are still held liable as if you were the one who
fired the shot....people have gone to prison for that...even though they were
"innocent bystanders"... it doesn't matter....this is another example of
the "few bad apples" theory....

if a white terrorist kills someone, or a white policeman kills someone,
he is a "bad apple" an isolated individual..... if a black man kills
someone...suddenly the entire black race is violent and criminal...
with no exceptions.... you will treat two equal incidents as
separate events depending upon the race of the perpetrators....
white people get a different standard then black people...
as the BLM marches in the summer and the white attempt
to overthrow the government the other day show us....

if black marchers had attempted to overthrow the government,
you would be screaming for the death of every single one of them....
inside the capital and outside........

Kropotkin

What am I getting myself into here?
I'm arguing with a liberal about riots!
You didn't so much as bat an eye when Antifa/BLM were burning down government buildings for 6 months! :lol:
You've got no high ground, yet here you are, up on your high horse, trying to talk down to me!
I don't give a shit about what the Proud Boys did, I thought that one guy who bashed the police officer's head in took it too far, other than that, I don't give a fuck!
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:00 am

The national guard and police should put the kiddy gloves on for the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer, like they do for Antifa/BLM.
The fact that they don't, exposes their double standard, it delegitimizes them.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:11 am

PK: It's okay to burn down government buildings, homes and businesses, so long as you're a democrat.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:31 am

either we all get to riot or none of us do.
Before covid and the great race riots of 2020, I was in favor of none of us getting to riot, now, I'm in favor of all of us getting to riot, or hell just people I agree with.
But burning down people's homes and businesses is dumb, don't shit where you eat.
Going after the politicians and talking heads however, especially the ones responsible for these draconian covid laws and lockdowns, well that's fair game in my book.
And big pharma, someone oughta pay them a visit.
Last edited by Gloominary on Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:35 am

Gloominary wrote:PK: It's okay to burn down government buildings, homes and businesses, so long as you're a democrat.

K: I am going to answer your last three post with one post.. to save time....

A. context seems to confuse you... BLM wasn't trying to overthrow the
government...as was the events on Jan. 6... overthrowing the government
is a far higher crime of being a crime against the country....
and has been noted by several police departments in various
cities... most of the violence in the BLM marches, were by
right wing agitators dressed up as antifa... Minneapolis
police and the Portland police reported this...
and in fact, one off duty police officer in Minneapolis was
taped destroying windows and trying to play it off as
antifa... an article posted on MPR news may 30, 2020..
list how outsiders and extremists are among those
fomenting violence in the twin cities...during the BLM marches...

B. in fact, the police and national guard were way, way, way harder
on the BLM then they were on Jan. 6... at the attempted overthrow
of the government....to the point of being commented on by just
about everyone...virtually everyone commented upon the vast difference
between the BLM marchers and the reaction between the capital police
and the insurrectionists... the difference was night and day between the two...

C. you support the coup attempt and I don't..
thus I do have the high ground...

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:50 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
Gloominary wrote:PK: It's okay to burn down government buildings, homes and businesses, so long as you're a democrat.

Kropotkin

Less talk, more :angry-fire:
Last edited by Gloominary on Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:56 am

Gloominary wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:

Kropotkin

Less talk, more action.

K: your answer tells me you are unable to answer any of my three points....

thank you....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:35 am

There's no point in playing fair with the establishment, there's nothing fair about what they do, dropping bombs on innocent men, women and children abroad, and now waging war against innocent people at home, through their draconian covid laws, lockdowns and proxies Antifa/BLM.
Antifa/BLM proved they're the establishment's goons by burning down people's neighborhoods.
The Biden administration will be establishment through and through, the Trump administration was comparatively antiestablishment.
My definition of the establishment is partly bipartisan, for example, I also consider the Bush/Romney wing of the republican party to be establishment.
I consider Tulsi Gabbard to be antiestablishment.
The establishment needs to be opposed by any means necessary.
In Canada, both mainline liberals, and mainline conservatives are part of the establishment.
The establishment aren't centrists, they're neofeudalists.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:33 am

The people most responsible for crony capitalism, regime change wars, illegal immigration, outsourcing, draconian covid laws, lockdowns and race riots, that is the establishment, don't play nice, even when things go their way, never mind when they don't.
Populists are at war, we'd be fools to take kinetic action off the table.
But our war is different, it's not with our neighbors and neighborhoods, that's Antifa/BLM's war, it's with the elite.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:01 am

I'm not necessarily saying I'm in favor of a coup, but for populists, kinetic military action oughta be on the table.
We cannot fight the elite with one arm tied behind our back, and make no mistake, we are in a fight, they brought it to our neighborhoods 1st, with their Antifa/BLM thugs, it's time to bring it to theirs.
Those big pharmacists, politicians, blue or red, and talking heads most responsible for the draconian covid laws, lockdowns and race riots, shouldn't be able to rest easy.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:17 am

:-"
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:55 am

Gloominary wrote:Yes, it was a small group, the overwhelming majority of protestors, hundreds of thousands remained completely peaceful, only dozens or perhaps hundreds stormed the building.
So I'm not allowed to separate Trump from the GOP, but you're separating Trump from Pence?
If Pence sent the national guard, that means Trump sent the national guard.
Hours after what started?
The thing was totally peaceful for hours.

judge for yourself. the woman gets shot at about 34 mins.

You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:14 pm

Antifa/BLM are domestic terrorists.
You can't separate republicrats, especially the Biden/Bush wing of the republicrats, from Antifa/BLM.
Therefore republicrats, particularly the Biden/Bush wing, are domestic terrorists.
They've been poking the bear (the people/populists) for decades, especially the last year.
They cannot cry foul when the bear finally takes a swipe at their heads.
Republicrats, especially the Biden/Bush wing, are war criminals.
Whatever harm or disruption befalls them and their close allies in politics and MSM, they had it coming.
Last edited by Gloominary on Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:25 pm

K: your answer tells me you are unable to answer any of my three points....

thank you....

Kropotkin

After everything that's happened in the last year, I refuse to be put on the defensive.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:45 pm

___
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby d0rkyd00d » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:06 am

History doesn't repeat, but it rhymes.....

Beer Hall Putsch

By November 1923, Hitler and his associates had concocted a plot to seize power of the Bavarian state government (and thereby launch a larger revolution against the Weimar Republic) by kidnapping Gustav von Kahr (1862-1934), the state commissioner of Bavaria, and two other conservative politicians. Hitler’s plan involved using Erich Ludendorff (1865-1937), the right-wing World War I general, as a figurehead to lead a march on Berlin to overthrow the Weimar Republic. Hitler’s proposed putsch was inspired by the Italian dictator Benito Mussolini (1883-1945), whose march on Rome in October 1922 had been successful in ousting the liberal Italian government.

Hitler had initially approached von Kahr to lead the march on Berlin, but when von Kahr began to back away from the plan, Hitler moved ahead without him. Hearing that von Kahr was scheduled to address a large crowd in the Bürgerbräukeller, one of the biggest beer halls in Munich, on November 8, 1923, Hitler took hundreds of his followers and surrounded the hall that evening. The Nazi Party leader and about 20 of his associates burst into the hall, and Hitler fired a shot into the ceiling and declared a “national revolution.” Von Kahr and two colleagues were herded into a back room while one of Hitler’s associates telephoned Ludendorff. When the general arrived at the hall, he convinced the three Bavarian leaders to give in to Hitler’s demands for the march on Berlin.

Hitler made the mistake of leaving the beer hall later that night to deal with crises elsewhere in the city. His followers were supposed to take over government buildings throughout Munich but their attempts were largely foiled by the city’s military troops. Meanwhile, Ludendorff had allowed von Kahr and the other two leaders to leave the beer hall after Hitler’s departure. By the next morning, the putsch had fizzled.

Ludendorff attempted to salvage the situation by calling on Hitler’s followers for a spontaneous march on the city center. He led about 2,500-3,000 supporters in the direction of the Bavarian Defense Ministry. On their way, the marchers were blocked by a group of state police officers. The two groups exchanged fire, and four police officers were killed along with 16 Nazis. Hitler suffered a dislocated shoulder when he fell to the ground. He crawled along the pavement and was taken away in a waiting car, leaving his comrades behind. Ludendorff walked straight ahead into the ranks of the police, who refused to fire on him.

https://www.history.com/topics/germany/beer-hall-putsch

-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby d0rkyd00d » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:08 am

The Smith Act of 19405 made it a criminal offense to knowingly or willfully to advocate, abet, advise, or teach the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing the government of the United States or of any state by force or violence, or to organize any association that teaches, advises, or encourages such an overthrow, or to become a member of or to affiliate with any such association. No case involving prosecution under this law was reviewed by the Supreme Court until, in Dennis v. United States,6 it considered the convictions of eleven Communist Party leaders on charges of conspiracy to violate the advocacy and organizing sections of the statute. Chief Justice Vinson’s plurality opinion applied a revised clear and present danger test7 and concluded that the evil sought to be prevented was serious enough to justify suppression of speech. If, then, this interest may be protected, the literal problem which is presented is what has been meant by the use of the phrase ‘clear and present danger’ of the utterances bringing about the evil within the power of Congress to punish. Obviously, the words cannot mean that before the government may act, it must wait until the putsch is about to be executed, the plans have been laid and the signal is awaited. If Government is aware that a group aiming at its overthrow is attempting to indoctrinate its members and to commit them to a course whereby they will strike when the leaders feel the circumstances permit, action by the government is required.8 The mere fact that from the period 1945 to 1948 petitioners’ activities did not result in an attempt to overthrow the Government by force and violence is of course no answer to the fact that there was a group that was ready to make the attempt. The formation by petitioners of such a highly organized conspiracy, with rigidly disciplined members subject to call when the leaders, these petitioners, felt that the time had come for action, coupled with the inflammable nature of world conditions, similar uprisings in other countries, and the touch-and-go nature of our relations with countries with whom petitioners were in the very least ideologically attuned, convince us that their convictions were justified on this score.

https://constitution.congress.gov/brows ... _00000738/

-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby obsrvr524 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:14 am

d0rkyd00d wrote:
The Smith Act of 19405 made it a criminal offense to knowingly or willfully to advocate, abet, advise, or teach the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing the government of the United States or of any state by force or violence, or to organize any association that teaches, advises, or encourages such an overthrow, or to become a member of or to affiliate with any such association. ~~~

Are you trying to imply something?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:19 am

Marxist history rhymes too.
Gloominary
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events