Remember kids, a pardon is an admission of guilt...

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Re: Remember kids, a pardon is an admission of guilt...

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:31 am

Well, I presented, I think, strong evidence that PK's idea that it i clearly an admission of guilt is a weak position - see my links in earlier posts.
I asked PK here to respond. No response. I commented on this and PK had time to make a response saying he was busy - and he had time to make posts in other threads. He then started posting more regularly, starting threads, posting some very long posts. I connected what he was writing in is Space and Time thread - which was about the importance of context - to this issue. No response there. In another thread he was complaining that UW thought only in black and white terms. So, I connected that to this thread, since it seemed to me the issue was not black and white as he presented (condescendingly) here. I invited him to come back to his own thread and show UW how it's done. How one can concede that what one saw as a black and white issue is at the very least much more nuanced. No response.

I have noticed a pattern in his responses in other threads on other issues where he 'responds', that is quotes a post of mine, but does not actually respond to points made.

My sense is he avoids dealing with issues where he might have to concede something. And while less of a name caller - but a name caller - than Unwrong, it's the bathroom sink calling the bathtub 'white'. He's a black and white thinker who will never concede.

And yes, he said he would be free again in January, and it's not January. But, as I said, he's been posting long posts and many posts and refused to respond to the issue when it was relevantly presented in threads where he was posting significantly.

I'd guess if he ever responds here he'll say something about he can post however he likes. Of course, but the evasive way he behaves is still an indication of disingenousness.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:08 pm

bump
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby obsrvr524 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:22 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:Well, I presented, I think, strong evidence that PK's idea that it i clearly an admission of guilt is a weak position - see my links in earlier posts.

True.

Karpel Tunnel wrote:he's been posting long posts and many posts and refused to respond to the issue when it was relevantly presented in threads where he was posting significantly.

I'd guess if he ever responds here he'll say something about he can post however he likes. Of course, but the evasive way he behaves is still an indication of disingenousness.

A familiar general pattern coming from a specific camp, no?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Current Events