Still T.R.U.M.P.

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Re: Still T.R.U.M.P.

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:26 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:Children take automatic guns and go to school and shoot everybody dead that they can.

You don't think that says something about the place?

it may or may not

No man. Be real. I man come on.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:26 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:You didn't answer the question.

Will less taxes mean more money for them or less?

depends on who holds office when the tax money is getting spent. last time the stock went through the roof when trump won in 2016.

Maybe private vs public prisons, but overall the money still comes from government.

the public prisons are leased out via management contracts to private companies who profit off them im not sure where you distinguish between public and private here
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:27 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:
depends on who holds office when the tax money is getting spent. last time the stock went through the roof when trump won in 2016.

Maybe private vs public prisons, but overall the money still comes from government.

the public prisons are leased out via management contracts to private companies who profit off them im not sure where you distinguish between public and private here

Yeah but they profit how, who pays them?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:27 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:Children take automatic guns and go to school and shoot everybody dead that they can.

You don't think that says something about the place?

it may or may not

all the kids in school are subject to the school and only a small percentage of them shoot up the place.

100 percent of the kids who shoot up the place are in some way connected to a gun owner who let their weapon fall into the hands of a child

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:28 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:
it may or may not

all the kids in school are subject to the school and only a small percentage of them shoot up the place.

You don't think there's a pattern?

You don't think the second time it happens you go "what the fuck is going on in those schools?"
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:30 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Yeah but they profit how, who pays them?

taxpayers but it seems as though you are making an argument against taxation in general here. private prisons are bad. but paved roads and fire depts are good. it isn't simply the amount of revenue, its how its spent. in 2016 when the gop took the white house, the markets felt as though private prisons were a fantastic investment shit man corecivic has like a 20% dividend or something

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:31 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:Yeah but they profit how, who pays them?

taxpayers

The government.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:32 am

The government is the police I don't know how this is a complicated concept for a philosopher like you.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:33 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:You don't think there's a pattern?

You don't think the second time it happens you go "what the fuck is going on in those schools?"

sure but more so i think "what the fuck is going on with these adults who are letting weapons fall into the hands of children and these parents who are raising murderers"

i mean these people have to take some kind of responsibility for themselves and their children. cant expect all of society to just adapt to a small percentage of people who are batshit nuts or lethally irresponsible. change the schools if you want but until people start beign responsible gun owners and raising their kids right the problem will persist

whats the problem with asking gun owners to be responsible?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:34 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:You don't think there's a pattern?

sure but more so i think "what the fuck is going on with these adults who are letting weapons fall into the hands of children and these parents who are raising murderers"

i mean these people have to take some kind of responsibility for themselves and their children. cant expect all of society to just adapt to a small percentage of people who are batshit nuts or lethally irresponsible. change the schools if you want but until people start beign responsible gun owners and raising their kids right the problem will persist

whats the problem with asking gun owners to be responsible?

I dunno I guess you're right it's a question of priorities. I see kids shooting up schools and I go yo forget the guns what in the sweet fuck are these children living through day in day out?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:36 am

its called life. when it begins, you start to die. it gets harder as you go. you lose cartilage, your organs fail, and then its over. a lot of people have trouble coping with that and there aint no fucking solution to it

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:37 am

You don't think it's a little fucking insane?

That their reaction is just "fuck it I'm just gonna kill everybody technology allows me to?"
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:37 am

The schools are fine?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:39 am

like would i be considered a radical leftist if i suggested that a person ought be liable for some crime if they fail to secure their weapons from children who then use them to kill someone? is that too much gun control?

what about if we didnt change any gun laws, but we took all the misdemeanor ones that are fine-only and made them felonies with mandatory time? this would have no effect on "law abiding gun owners" and would punish those who broke existing laws in a way that could actually serve as a deterrent.

is that too much gun control?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:39 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:You don't think it's a little fucking insane?

That their reaction is just "fuck it I'm just gonna kill everybody technology allows me to?"

yeah their parents really fucked up

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:40 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:The schools are fine?

i wouldn't say that but i mean the vast majority of kids come and go from them without killing anyone

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:40 am

I'm just sort of taken aback that a fucking 15-year-old gets it in their head to shoot dead dozens of people they see and live with every day and actually go through with it and your reaction is "thos schools seem fine, more tax money for them plz."
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:46 am

when i was in high school we had 2 or 3 shootings, a stabbing or two, and a few brutal brawls where big crowds of kids all got into one massive fight. one of them resulted in like a whole shit load of windows getting busted out in the cafeteria like all down the side of a building. a guy shot a pistol into the floor by accident in class with me once just playing with it. another kid had one and kept jokingly putting it to the back of the kids head in front of him and half the class could see. he got expelled. the kid who shot the floor just ran away and acted like he can because he didn't know where the shots were coming from and no one told on him and he got to stay and play football.

they took away our metal forks and gave us plastic sporks. the put cameras all in the lunchroom. they took all the stalls off the bathroom doors so you had to shit in front of everyone. we had about 2k students. after the bell rang in the morning, they locked all the doors leading outside so that people couldn't come in and do violent shit because some kids were in gangs and a few times grown men came to the school and shot guns in the hallway and we would have lockdowns in the classrooms.

the bathrooms stayed locked except in between classes, so to shit privately you had to wait until class was in session, convince a teacher to give you a pass. then you take the pass to the office and someone would come and unlock a bathroom for you and you could shit then they would lock it back and walk you back to your class.

none of this shit was a big deal in the 90s.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:48 am

Correct, no matter how shit that already was, they evidently got dramatically worse.

but you're like get more.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:48 am

Also gang shootings aren't the same. That's beefs people have that is part of a lifestyle.

Not human beings literally having their minds and spirits broken.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:48 am

like i grew up reloading my own ammo and have owned literally hundreds and hundreds of guns. when i was a little kid my mom made a sandbag for me out of cat litter and some material with a sewing machine and my dad made light loads in .38spc for the ruger blackhawk so that i could be propped up on a sandbag to shoot without too much recoil. i got my first rifle on xmas in 1985 when i was 5 years old. a single shot daisy model 8 .22lr. so i like guns i get all that yay 2A woohoo and all that.

but how many people do you personally know who have been shot? i literally lost count years and years ago man. like i know a shit load of people who have been shot.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:50 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:like i grew up reloading my own ammo and have owned literally hundreds and hundreds of guns. when i was a little kid my mom made a sandbag for me out of cat litter and some material with a sewing machine and my dad made light loads in .38spc for the ruger blackhawk so that i could be propped up on a sandbag to shoot without too much recoil. i got my first rifle on xmas in 1985 when i was 5 years old. a single shot daisy model 8 .22lr. so i like guns i get all that yay 2A woohoo and all that.

but how many people do you personally know who have been shot? i literally lost count years and years ago man. like i know a shit load of people who have been shot.

So evidently guns aren't the issue in these school shootings. Because you evidently had them by the boatloads and you know countless people that get shot, but nobody thought to mass shoot a school.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:52 am

i had a friend whos dad owned a pawn shop in the hood like deep in the hood and before we were old enough to drive and get into trouble we would just hang out there all day and play with guns and guitars and all the shit the crackheads would bring in. i got to be the "shotgun man" which felt like a big deal like when they buzzed someone in i would be behind the counter with a little shotgun and id just keep it pointed at the person from under the counter the whole time in case they tried to rob the place. no one ever tried. they did crawl through the ducts once and got stuck in there, and they later lined those with razorwire.

anyway, one day i was sitting there and this dude was about to take apart an old cz75 9mm and just all of a sudden "BAM" he shot straight through his own hand and blew his middle finger clean off right in front of us that shit was wild man.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:53 am

I just would like you to admit that maybe I am right and those teachers fucking suck and those schools are a problem not a solution.

Like you're like make more.

But like.

They obviously are shit and all the teachers are shit too.

Obviously.

What could possibly ;lol fuckig speak louder than "Imma murder dozens of people I have no particluar beef with?"
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:53 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:like i grew up reloading my own ammo and have owned literally hundreds and hundreds of guns. when i was a little kid my mom made a sandbag for me out of cat litter and some material with a sewing machine and my dad made light loads in .38spc for the ruger blackhawk so that i could be propped up on a sandbag to shoot without too much recoil. i got my first rifle on xmas in 1985 when i was 5 years old. a single shot daisy model 8 .22lr. so i like guns i get all that yay 2A woohoo and all that.

So evidently guns aren't the issue in these school shootings. Because you evidently had them by the boatloads and you know countless people that get shot, but nobody thought to mass shoot a school.

im sure theres more than 1 factor in play. my take is that we should look at who is immediately responsible before looking at proximate causes and we should think of what the simplest solutions are to stop it.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events