Bidens Blackmailed by CCP, National Security Risk

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Re: Bidens Blackmailed by CCP, National Security Risk

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:58 am

Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:04 pm

and you should note the silence surrounding this prior post

the fact is no cares about this..... it is the kitchen table stuff that people
are engaged with....how to pay the bills? how to avoid the virus? what can
we do to send "Jon" to school? the day to day crap we go through to
survive in this life that is important..... not some right wing conspiracy
nonsense....

how does your crap pay the bills? how does your crap answer the questions
about the virus? how does your crap help someone pay for collage?

your crap doesn't answer the "kitchen table" stuff, the stuff that
people are all about......

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby obsrvr524 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:07 pm

Political distraction alert^^^

Remember to never focus on Hidin, Lyin Biden ever. There is nothing to see. Focus on that other really bad guy.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:11 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:Political distraction alert^^^

Remember to never focus on Hidin, Lyin Biden ever. There is nothing to see. Focus on that other really bad guy.

K: no, focus on the "kitchen table" stuff... which is about paying the bills and sending
children to collage and seeking to end the virus? that is the important stuff.....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby obsrvr524 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:42 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:

K: no, focus on the "kitchen table" stuff... which is about paying the bills and sending
children to collage and seeking to end the virus? that is the important stuff.....

Kropotkin

Oh sorry .. correction..... I wouldn't want to overly offend the ILP Commi Club leadership.

Remember to never focus on Hidin, Lyin Biden ever. There is nothing to see. Focus on .. well ANYTHING else until Hidin Lyin Biden is elected.

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:59 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:

Kropotkin

Oh sorry .. correction..... I wouldn't want to overly offend the ILP Commi Club leadership.

Remember to never focus on Hidin, Lyin Biden ever. There is nothing to see. Focus on .. well ANYTHING else until Hidin Lyin Biden is elected.

K: It is clear how young you really are if you don't even notice the "kitchen table stuff",
I too was young once and that stuff didn't mean a thing to mean until I was married
with child.. and then the kitchen table stuff is everything.....

so, you hide in your conspiracy theories.. the rest of us is engaged in kitchen table stuff
of life....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Another take:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... formation/

'“You mean the laptop is now another Russia, Russia, Russia hoax? You got to be kidding me,” President Trump shot back at Joe Biden in the final presidential debate Thursday. The former vice president had told the president that a now-infamous story in the New York Post — sourced from leaked emails and accusing Biden of corruption in Ukraine — was “a Russian plant.”

'Who is right? And how should the nation handle this leak and potential foreign interference at a critical time?

A close look at the evidence shows that neither Biden nor Trump have the facts on their side for now. Take a step back, and the Russian interference of 2016 holds valuable lessons on what to do and what not to do in 2020: We must treat the Hunter Biden leaks as if they were a foreign intelligence operation — even if they probably aren’t.'

It's 10 days until the election. Now, I'm assuming that folks like Bannon and Giuliani, if they have really, really hard evidence, they will disclose it sometime next week. It has to be evidence so explosive and so solid that the liberal media will be forced to deal with it head on.

So, do they have it or not?

Then this part:

'On April 12, 2019, a man at the end of his 40s allegedly walked across a parking lot in Wilmington, Del., just south of Conaty Park. He carried three water-damaged MacBooks with him as he entered the Mac Shop, a small repair store for Apple computers in a threadbare red-brick building. The shop’s owner, John Paul MacIsaac, looked at the machines and kept one for data recovery, according to a long, rambling interview with MacIsaac.

'MacIsaac reportedly asked the customer for his name. First name, “Hunter.” Second name, after a pause, “Biden.” MacIsaac then asked the man for his phone number. The man provided Hunter Biden’s actual AT&T cellphone number and email address. MacIsaac wrote him a quote for $85 for data recovery services. The man left, and never returned to retrieve the machine or pay for the requested services. Less than two weeks later, Joe Biden would announce his run for the presidency.'

I'm with PK here: this makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Why on earth would Hunter Biden -- with so much at stake for his father -- do something like this?!!

Trumpsters: Give it your best shot.

This sort of behavior is so stupid it would be as though Hunter Biden defected to the Trump camp. Or the Trump team has their own rendition of the "pee tape" and are holding it over his head. It just doesn't make any sense. At least not to me here and now.

As for the "Russian plot" angle, again, two sides:

'Meanwhile, more than 50 former U.S. intelligence officials signed a letter stating that the New York Post story “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation.” The list of ex-intelligence officials included several directors and deputy directors of the CIA and the National Security Agency, as well as working-level officers. The group, however, added that “we do not have evidence of Russian involvement.” Biden referred to that letter in the debate exchange.

'Indeed, there are good reasons to be skeptical of the theory that the laptop is a foreign plot. If a competent Russian intelligence agency went to the length of procuring hacked material, blending it with forgeries, perhaps researching a suitable surfacing locale and setup in Wilmington and surfacing the package in a human intelligence operation that required careful planning — then it’s highly likely that agency would have found, or more likely forged, files that would have actual political impact, instead of the unremarkable material revealed in the Post so far./

In conclusion...

'Nevertheless, in the likely continued absence of certainty either way, the Biden leaks deserve the full potential-disinformation treatment. This means three concrete things.

'First, every individual little fact — every email, every text, every photo — must be independently verified when data is surfaced in such a suspicious way, not just one piece of information. Genuine photos, for example, could be there simply to add credibility to forged emails surfaced along with the photos — shielding a few forgeries with genuine content would be a time-tested active measures tactic.

'Second, the absence of a denial by the Biden campaign or Hunter himself should not be treated as a tacit admission of authenticity. Mixing facts with forgeries has another time-tested effect: It sets a trap for the victim. If Hunter or the Biden campaign started selectively denying pieces of the reporting ostensibly from the laptop, they would give oxygen to the operation, extend its life-cycle and get entangled in a losing battle about discussing what’s fact and what’s not. Verifying large amounts of leaked files, the Democrats learned in 2016, is also hard and labor-intensive.

'Finally, and hardest of all, we must resist the temptation to jump to premature conclusions on “a Russian plant” without good evidence — “classic earmarks” are not nearly enough. The Mac Shop story, and even the files, could still be genuine, no matter how unusual the setup sounds. Worse, even if a foreign intelligence service had a role in the strange saga of the Biden leaks — a scenario that remains as likely as not — then the critical enablers at several steps along the way were prominent Americans who decided to act irresponsibly, again and again, by putting party above country — and after four years of publicly discussing useful idiocy, they could no longer be unwitting.'

Still, one side or the other, we are getting closer and closer to the actual election itself. And we know that Trump is applying all sorts of pressure on his own "team" to make it all stick.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby obsrvr524 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:55 am

You need to keep up. You can't get better evidence than an independent eye witness to a documented event.

iambiguous wrote:We must treat the Hunter Biden leaks as if they were a foreign intelligence operation — even if they probably aren’t.'

Oh right. No bias in that proposal.

You have been observed.
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:14 am

obsrvr524 wrote: You need to keep up. You can't get better evidence than an independent eye witness to a documented event.

Details please. And not just the knee-jerk objectivist harangues that you fling at us from inside your head. At least make an attempt to be taken seriously here.

iambiguous wrote:We must treat the Hunter Biden leaks as if they were a foreign intelligence operation — even if they probably aren’t.'

obsrvr524 wrote:Oh right. No bias in that proposal.

No, I didn't say that. Thomas Rid did.

And I'm still waiting for you to respond to my post above:

iambiguous wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Actually, I didn't know until quite recently that Trump had a bank account in China. How about you? And, just out of curiosity, what in detail do you know of his business ties there?

obsrvr524 wrote: I had not ever thought about it but it doesn't take much thought to realize that most very wealthy people, especially hotel owners are going to have accounts in China and many countries. How is that even suspicious of anything? - Only when you want to spark suspicion.

And again, I can easily know that he had no malfeasance involved simply because the largest oppositional investigation in history couldn't find anything. Of course, like many on this board, you think that you know better than they - his own extremely well funded enemies.

You have offered us absolutely no facts regarding Trump's financial/business ties to China, but you still know that it involves no malfeasance. At the same time you insist that everything you note about Joe Biden and China and Hunter Biden in the Ukraine is true because, well, otherwise you wouldn't believe that it was.

And I don't think I know better than anyone. After all, like you, I'm dependent on those who are actually able to prove their claims.

I just think it's kind of peculiar that Trump goes around linking Biden to corruption in China and all the while he is the one with the bank account there. Does Biden have one? Maybe. Where's the evidence?

You're the one who comes here and posts this...

obsrvr524 wrote:And now we know that presidential candidate Kamala Harris has been a part of Hydin, Lyin Biden's criminality.

A direct witness, a Hunter Biden business partner, has come forward with his mobiles and testimony revealing that he and Mr Joe Biden discussed China's role in their money laundering scheme. Kamala Harris was listed as one of the American side agents.

...while today this comes out: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

iambiguous wrote:And there's still this part: Start here: https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/1 ... eals-1020/

obsrvr524 wrote: That is politicizing his PRE-existing hotel business. A President doesn't close all of his former businesses when he gets elected. They do not run them but assign that task to someone else until their term expires. Every President has had prior businesses that continue during his term in office because it is only a term. They have to go back to something - except for Mr Hidin, Lyin Biden who has never known anything other than politically screwing the population for profit - now being exposed with REAL evidence, not vacuous suspicions.

The facts noted in the article don't go away just because you point to things like this.

obsrvr524 wrote: But don't forget to ignore that hard evidence of Mr Hidin, Lyin Biden's corruption and influence pedaling.

What hard evidence? The stuff in your head? Though, again, I'm more than willing to concede that Joe Biden doesn't get this high up into the crony capitalist swamp, without at least the possibility of some shady deals.

iambiguous wrote:And, in our crony capitalist global economy, populated by both Republicans and Democrats, it is often what is perfectly legal that can cause the most human pain and suffering.

obsrvr524 wrote: And as soon as it causes that pain, it becomes illegal.

What on earth could I possibly note to some who actually believes this!! Here I'm for quoting Sil:

Do you wonder why I am resorting to such extreme measures just to deal with YOU AND ESPECIALLY YOU?

Goddamn................ look at least you're not as stupid as Urwrong, but I'm trying, okay? I'm trying to find a way to converse with you in a rational way and it's fucking hard.
Converting stupidity into reason is not easy, I think even stupid people would agree that stupid people are hard to reason with, am I right?

Only, for me, this sort of rigid, doctrinaire thinking revolves around what I call the "psychology of objectivism". There's only so far that anyone can go to even put dents in it.

iambiguous wrote:The main difference between you and I is that, in my view, I recognize that my own opinions here are rooted subjectively in political prejudices

obsrvr524 wrote: And so you subjectively assume there is no other way. That is the problem with being always subjective, you can never know anything (making you very easily persuaded by gossip and prejudice). Apparently you don't believe in facts at all. So why even argue?

This is so far removed from the point I am trying to make, I will not even attempt to explain it. Once someone is as "blinded by the light" as I think you are, absolutely nothing that is not wholly in sync with their own fiercely pontifical outbursts, ever sinks in.

iambiguous wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote: As I said when I first came here - WHY do you WANT to be lied to?

You actually mean this! You are not being ironic!! You really do believe that we are not being lied to by Trump...over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!!!

obsrvr524 wrote: I have yet to see anyone point out an actual lie from Mr Trump.

Again, simply unbelievable!!!

I Googled "Trump's lies" and this was the first thing that popped up:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/l ... ling=false

Just out of curiosity, note for me why these accusations are themselves lies. Pick a few and tell us what the actual truth is.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby obsrvr524 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:42 pm

iambiguous wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote: You need to keep up. You can't get better evidence than an independent eye witness to a documented event.

Details please.

You have already been given the details. Like I said, you need to keep up mate.

Additionally

You have been observed.
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:01 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
iambiguous wrote:

Details please.

You have already been given the details. Like I said, you need to keep up mate.

Note to others:

Help the Kid out. What details? And ask him why he still refuses to address the points I raised with him above.

Oh, and there were details in that other account as well:

iambiguous wrote:et cetera et cetera et cetera...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

'Readers of the Wall Street Journal may have felt a bit of whiplash on Thursday over a news story and an opinion column that presented sharply conflicting accounts of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s alleged role in one of his son’s business ventures.

'The Journal column — hailed as a bombshell before the final presidential debate by Biden critics, including President Trump — asserted that Biden was involved in a deal arranged by his son Hunter with a Chinese energy conglomerate in 2017.

'Columnist Kimberley Strassel relied on the account of Hunter Biden’s former business partner, Tony Bobulinski, who provided documents that “suggest Hunter was cashing in on the Biden name and that Joe Biden was involved.”

'But a few hours after Strassel’s column was published, the Journal’s news side offered a much different take.

'The venture . . . never received proposed funds from the Chinese company or completed any deals, according to people familiar with the matter,” Journal reporters Andrew Duehren and James Areddy wrote. “Corporate records reviewed by the Wall Street Journal show no role for Joe Biden.” The reporters also quoted another partner in the venture, James Gilliar, who said he was “unaware of any involvement at anytime of the former vice president.'”

That's how these things play out. There is the objective truth regarding what happened here. Something did happen from start to finish. But in a No God world, mere mortals don't have access to omniscience. The "truth" can only revolve instead around those who do have access to the facts and the extent to which [in a world bursting at the seams with "politics"] they can get those facts out to the greatest number of people. And, in particular, those people who are in a position to make the actual facts matter.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:10 am

Note to others: you don't have any Others little lamb. Literally nobody supports your position or cares what you think around here. You have no integrity nor authority.

You make no relevant points, no insights, and ramble on and on aimlessly about Daesin nonsense.

Now, continue ignoring reality.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby obsrvr524 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:30 pm

iambiguous wrote:That's how these things play out. There is the objective truth regarding what happened here. Something did happen from start to finish. But in a No God world, mere mortals don't have access to omniscience. The "truth" can only revolve instead around those who do have access to the facts and the extent to which [in a world bursting at the seams with "politics"] they can get those facts out to the greatest number of people. And, in particular, those people who are in a position to make the actual facts matter.

I've taken to ignoring most of your posts mostly because of your irrelevance but also because of how much time I would have to waste word fencing with a slippery denier. I only took note to this paragraph because UrWrong pointed it out.

Did you really just say that there is an objective truth? Doesn't make you an objectivist? Don't you complain endlessly about objectivists?

And then you state that "truth" is merely whatever the stronger media says it is. Is that something you actually believe? Or is that merely what you hope to be true? Then either way, is your answer an objective truth or just whatever you want to say?

You seem to advocate lying. You wouldn't be the only one on this board doing that.

You have been observed.
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:36 pm

it seems that tony bobilnsky was just hit with
a huge tax bill over $500,000 and then suddenly, he
became very talkative about his supposed connection
with the Biden's.....inquiring minds are wondering.

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:41 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
iambiguous wrote:That's how these things play out. There is the objective truth regarding what happened here. Something did happen from start to finish. But in a No God world, mere mortals don't have access to omniscience. The "truth" can only revolve instead around those who do have access to the facts and the extent to which [in a world bursting at the seams with "politics"] they can get those facts out to the greatest number of people. And, in particular, those people who are in a position to make the actual facts matter.

I've taken to ignoring most of your posts mostly because of your irrelevance but also because of how much time I would have to waste word fencing with a slippery denier. I only took note to this paragraph because UrWrong pointed it out.

Did you really just say that there is an objective truth? Doesn't make you an objectivist? Don't you complain endlessly about objectivists?

And then you state that "truth" is merely whatever the stronger media says it is. Is that something you actually believe? Or is that merely what you hope to be true? Then either way, is your answer an objective truth or just whatever you want to say?

You seem to advocate lying. You wouldn't be the only one on this board doing that.

No, you avoid my posts because they force you to confront your own moral and political objectivism. They force you to examine "I" as an existential contraption rooted subjectively in dasein.

And to the extent you go down that path is the extent to which you can no longer insist that those who don't think exactly as you do about Joe Biden and everything else, are fools. Or they are "lying".

But now even Vladimir Putin seems to be throwing Trump under the bus: https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-e ... SKBN27A0TA

Which means that he's lying too, right?

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby obsrvr524 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:44 pm

You have been observed.
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:19 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:

Again, there is the objective truth regarding every single aspect of Hunter Biden's business deals around the globe. And there is the objective truth regarding any role that Joe Biden played in them. But in the absence of an omniscient God, we mere mortals are only able to accumulate what we ourselves are able to demonstrate to all rational men and women are "the facts".

So far your own accusations here revolve only around the facts that you need to believe are true in your head. Why? In order for them to be in sync with your own rapid political prejudices which you are not even able to grasp in the manner in which I construe value judgments as the subjective embodiment of dasein.

And you sure as shit won't engage in a discussion with me about that because you have so much to lose if you can't sustain the belief that you only need to think something is true to make it true.

Hell, you don't even know which one of us here is the cat, and which one the mouse.

Look, the election is week from now. Either Rudy and Steve pull it off or they don't. Either their accusations are confirmed or they aren't. But nothing -- absolutely nothing -- that happens is likely to change your mind. You see only what you already know. Just one more run-of-the-mill objectivist.
Last edited by iambiguous on Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:22 pm

obsrvr524:

K: and so how does one go about "advocating lying" and how is IAM, not the only
one on this board doing that? who is "advocating lying?" I mean besides yourself?

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby obsrvr524 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:33 pm

iambiguous wrote:Again, there is the objective truth regarding every single aspect of Hunter Biden's business deals around the globe. And there is the objective truth regarding any role that Joe Biden played in them. But in the absence of an omniscient God, we mere mortals are only able to accumulate what we ourselves are able to demonstrate to all rational men and women are "the facts".

I was just amazed that you admitted that objective truth exists. I guess it's an issue of convenient objectivism.

iambiguous wrote:So far your own accusations here revolve only around the facts that you need to believe are true in your head.

And seems to be your method of denial - just claim that anything you want to deny is merely in the other person's head. Projection is suspected.

iambiguous wrote:Why? In order for them to be in sync with your own rapid political prejudices which you are not even able to grasp in the manner in which I construe value judgments as the subjective embodiment of dasein.

And you sure as shit won't engage in a discussion with me about that because you have so much to lose if you can't sustain the belief that you only need to think something is true to make it true.

Hell, you don't even know which one of us here is the cat, and which one the mouse.

Let's see, how do you put it - "your own accusations here revolve only around the facts that you need to believe are true in your head."

iambiguous wrote:Look, the election is week from now. Either Rudy and Steve pull it off or they don't. Either their accusations are confirmed or they aren't. But nothing -- absolutely nothing -- that happens is likely to change your mind. You see only what you already know. Just one more run-of-the-mill objectivist.

"your own accusations here revolve only around the facts that you need to believe are true in your head."

Peter Kropotkin wrote:obsrvr524:

one on this board doing that? who is "advocating lying?" I mean besides yourself?

Kropotkin

By preferring inferences, gossip, and hearsay over hard evidence.

And yes, that includes you and the entire ILP Commie Club.

You have been observed.
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:54 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Again, there is the objective truth regarding every single aspect of Hunter Biden's business deals around the globe. And there is the objective truth regarding any role that Joe Biden played in them. But in the absence of an omniscient God, we mere mortals are only able to accumulate what we ourselves are able to demonstrate to all rational men and women are "the facts".

I was just amazed that you admitted that objective truth exists. I guess it's an issue of convenient objectivism.

Indeed, the things that amaze you don't surprise me a bit.

iambiguous wrote:So far your own accusations here revolve only around the facts that you need to believe are true in your head.

obsrvr524 wrote: And seems to be your method of denial - just claim that anything you want to deny is merely in the other person's head. Projection is suspected.

Psychobabble?

On this thread, I have only been bringing to the attention of others various news reports on the "scandal". From the folks who are actually involved more directly in these interactions; and regarding the facts that they allege are true. But: can they prove that in fact they are true? We'll see. So far, other than in what you believe "in your head", it doesn't look good for you at all.

iambiguous wrote:Why? In order for them to be in sync with your own rapid political prejudices which you are not even able to grasp in the manner in which I construe value judgments as the subjective embodiment of dasein.

obsrvr524 wrote: Let's see, how do you put it - "your own accusations here revolve only around the facts that you need to believe are true in your head."

Okay, let's start a new thread and explore this further. Discussing things about our behaviors that are in fact objectively true for all of us; and then our subjective/subjunctive reactions to those behaviors. The part I root in dasein. The part you root in, well, whatever that actually is.

You can choose the context.

And, sure, we can take the "civil" route or, instead, contend in an all out brawl in which the whole point is to humiliate the other. I can go either way here.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:03 pm

iambiguous wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:

Indeed, the things that amaze you don't surprise me a bit.

Yes we know.

This is known as "cognitive dissonance."
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Or, you know, simple knowing dishonesty. But we'll provide you the benefit of the former.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:05 pm

obsrvr524:

Obser: By preferring inferences, gossip, and hearsay over hard evidence.

And yes, that includes you and the entire ILP Commie Club.[/quote]

K: actually given what has been said about the "laptop" in question,
you are the one who is preferring inferences, gossip and hearsay...
what is your hard evidence about the laptop?

not what Rudy says, not what the NYPOST says, not what IQ45 says,
but what does the direct evidence from the laptop say... in other words,
point out evidence that can be seen by me and any one else who cares to look...

let us see directly what is on the "laptop"? oh, wait we can't... because
the FBI has the "laptop"....there is no way in the universe we can get direct
evidence from the laptop unless they release it... not the inference or gossip
or hearsay from those you believe in, but direct, unquestionable evidence
from the laptop...show me the evidence......without the questionable
inference, gossip and hearsay you have been engaging with.....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:22 pm

Another more or less "cynical" account of all this:

DAN MCLAUGHLIN at the National Review:

'A contentious interview with a Biden campaign surrogate on the Hunter Biden laptop story made the rounds last week. Most of the commentary seems to have missed a key point: She endorsed a special counsel to investigate the controversy.

'To recap: Joe Biden’s surviving son Hunter is your textbook ne’er-do-well political relative (complete with an unsavory trail of drugs and sexual liaisons) who has made virtually his entire career out of cashing in on his father’s influential position. This is not a new story in politics; it was not a new story in politics when Donald Trump got into politics, or when the Clinton Foundation was raking in shady foreign donations. It is a story that is as old as politics itself. But it is still one that we rightly regard as a scandal every single time we see it, whether or not it breaks any laws. As Michael Brendan Dougherty has summarized, there was already plenty to find scandalous in Hunter Biden’s career before the laptop story broke, and plenty of evidence that Joe Biden’s camp knew full well, years ago, that Hunter was raking in money from people with interests in currying favor with his father.'

In other words, both sides do it, it's politics as usual in our crony capitalist universe. The folks at the National Review just happen to approach it given their own set of political prejudices. More or less ideological/doctrinaire in nature.

And let's not forget this part:

Even if Biden does in fact win the election and Trump does in fact concede, the scandal/"scandal" won't go away. It will merely shift from the election to impeachment. The right wing will do everything possible to sustain this scandal/"scandal", or come up with new ones to bring Joe Biden down.

On the the other hand, if Biden goes, do the right wing extremists really want a Kamala Harris administration to occupy the White House for at least 4 years.

Also, what happens [what can happen] will depend on whether the Democrats can retain the House and retake the Senate.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby obsrvr524 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:23 pm

iambiguous wrote:On this thread, I have only been bringing to the attention of others various news reports on the "scandal". From the folks who are actually involved more directly in these interactions; and regarding the facts that they allege are true.

That is not true.

You treat Left-wing reporting of rumors as facts. I suspect that you can't tell the difference.

[*] An eyewitness public testimony is very greatly different than a reporter saying that an anonymous source said something.

[*] An actual laptop with stored emails is very greatly different than a reporter saying that an anonymous source said something.

[*] A signed receipt is greatly different than a reporter saying that an anonymous source said something.

[*] A lack of direct denial from the accused is greatly different than a reporter saying that an anonymous source said something.

[*] Corroborating witnesses to the content of the emails are greatly different than a reporter saying that an anonymous source said something.

Try to either grasp the difference or expect to be ignored.

iambiguous wrote:So far, other than in what you believe "in your head", it doesn't look good for you at all.

I think it is your own head that you should be examining.

iambiguous wrote: or, instead, contend in an all out brawl in which the whole point is to humiliate the other. I can go either way here.

It seems to me that is what you have been aiming at since I saw your first post - "you disagree with anything that doesn't fit the narrative that is in YOUR moral objectivist head" - no matter what the subject was. Around here they seem to call that "being a dick".

You have been observed.
obsrvr524
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events