I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:00 am

Having said ALL that,

Yes, chaos.
Gotta embrace it.

But, when your guy is president, you cant be all about it. Its your turn to make some sense, some Apollonian building. Its pretty hard work I must say. Being right.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Silhouette » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:56 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:Having said ALL that

Do you now feel sufficiently distanced and absolved from "agreeing with people on the left here"?

I admire the grounded approach that you take towards life and achievement, though I don't think pragmatism versus intellectualism is what defines "the right" from "the left". I say pragmatism versus intellectualism instead of "facts" versus "ideas", because I think the right follows ideas based on fact, and I think the left follows ideas based on fact. The difference is in scope - how far ahead you're trying to look and plan for. Among both leftists and rightists there are internal squabbles about who is grounded and who is in the clouds. Right here in this thread you accuse SM of not being happy for what he has as a rightist enjoying executive power in the US (and Canada - he's Canadian, right? Well, and nearly the entire western developed world) - as his sin of being an ideologue in spite of the practicalities for which he lacks gratitude. Just the same on the left, you have reformists trying to pragmatically move how things are one step up at a time in the direction they want to head, versus revolutionaries who are trying to scout ahead to where such stairs are actually leading, suggesting it's not heading in the right direction afterall and suggesting a better staircase to climb instead without sufficiently considering the practicalities of how to successfully get there.

What I'm trying to do, rather bizarrely, is to not run as far as I can up a staircase and shout about a promised utopia at the top, but to rather ungracefully stretch myself between an appropriate grounded happiness with how things are and somewhere up the staircase that I've scouted and deemed the best to climb, as far up as I reach. I look ridiculous half reaching for the ground as best I can and half stretching up into the clouds. As such, I'm going to lack your earthly pride and dignity, but for a leftist I am trying to hold onto all there is to be grateful about rightism as well as look as far beyond it as I can without (hopefully) disappearing up my own arse. To flawlessly follow up on such a vain hope, I'll draw upon the not so ancient piece of history, "The Incredibles", by casting myself more like Elastigirl than a Mr. Incredible... 8-[ Syndrome is my enemy too, but no, that doesn't mean we're married :-"

From here, I see Trump as a fool who puts no work into it at all, such that I feel far too much pity to even be able to look at him - and yet I also don't see evidence of the proud jingoism of many presidents before him, which was also clearly present in his competitor in the last US general election. You too easily attribute it all to a heroic figurehead, and perhaps I too easily attribute it to his lack of competence to seriously even consider wargames - and the direction was probably where everything was headed anyway (perhaps the best argument ever in favour of the Republican desire to incessantly elect the biggest idiots in power to best mock the state and thereby justify dismantling it). Abductive reasoning should not so easily be accepted on either of our parts - even as a journalist, I cannot believe that you're so close to politics to have secretly been witness to an accidental break in his Trumpfoolery. But that's probably more words than I've wasted on the subject than I've ever written and now I feel like I need a shower.

So to sum up, I may not be intellectually grandiose, but I am very tall - and as someone who likes to think they have at least the tip of their toe on the ground, I can confirm that it's not such a bad thing to have the odd thing in common with the view I get to enjoy from up here. Give yourself a break from all this rationalisation of being so sharply distinct from a group that hurt you in the past.
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4304
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Dude Im very sorry to see you read, or took in, nothing that I wrote.

But not surprised

Honestly from where I am standing you are astonishingly cruel and indifferent, being given so much opportunity to see what is happening, and proudly choosing not to, and mocking the one man who does something about it.

I am astonished at the weakness of my fellow humans these days. I am trying to resign to it, but the crimes that Trump is contending with are so intensely ugly...

Your idea that I said all that to distance myself from having agreed with people own the left tells me something of why you have your conviction - out of a sense of fashion.
It would wrinkle your suit to look into the matters I bring up.

No friend, you're not tall. You're tiny. At least where it concerns social responsibilities and investigative qualities.
Could also be that Im gigantic. Or both.

Gosh this is all so depressing. The left.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:45 pm

Are you paying attention or not?

Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Silhouette » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:06 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:Dude Im very sorry to see you read, or took in, nothing that I wrote.

But not surprised

Honestly from where I am standing you are astonishingly cruel and indifferent, being given so much opportunity to see what is happening, and proudly choosing not to, and mocking the one man who does something about it.

I am astonished at the weakness of my fellow humans these days. I am trying to resign to it, but the crimes that Trump is contending with are so intensely ugly...

Your idea that I said all that to distance myself from having agreed with people own the left tells me something of why you have your conviction - out of a sense of fashion.
It would wrinkle your suit to look into the matters I bring up.

No friend, you're not tall. You're tiny. At least where it concerns social responsibilities and investigative qualities.
Could also be that Im gigantic. Or both.

Gosh this is all so depressing. The left.

Yeah, this is pretty depressing. I'm sorry I'm not allowed to disagree with you without offending you.

Unfortunately this'll probably just rile you up even more, but I guess this is what you get for trying to communicate over too long a distance.
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4304
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:11 pm

Urwrong: I am man, don't worry about that.
I probably gave the wrong message downplaying Molyneux' removal - even the act of saying something to which fascists agree was a huge drain on my system. And of course it is a cowardly move to ban this dude as shitty as he is while you're allowing the live streaming of rapes and murders.
Good thing Agadmators whole channel wasn't deleted, so far.
Seeing the date of this video, I suppose his podcast was deleted the same night Molyneux got his channel deleted, which happened, according to youtube, when they activated a set of stricter criteria.

All this said, the company is a private company and all uploads to them are basically gifts to them. Technically, you cant say much about it, they can legally do what they want with what we give them.
I used to get tens of thousands of views within weeks for videos before it got taken over in 2008. Immediately, my streams of views stopped. I could be lucky if I got 50 views. Sometimes the viewcounts ran backwards, kek.
Ive never liked any of it. Ive never been unaware of crude censorship of everything except hypocrites. It has gone on long before youtube existed. I cant stop it though, though Ive tried what I can.
Last edited by Fixed Cross on Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 pm

Silhouette wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:Dude Im very sorry to see you read, or took in, nothing that I wrote.

But not surprised

Honestly from where I am standing you are astonishingly cruel and indifferent, being given so much opportunity to see what is happening, and proudly choosing not to, and mocking the one man who does something about it.

I am astonished at the weakness of my fellow humans these days. I am trying to resign to it, but the crimes that Trump is contending with are so intensely ugly...

Your idea that I said all that to distance myself from having agreed with people own the left tells me something of why you have your conviction - out of a sense of fashion.
It would wrinkle your suit to look into the matters I bring up.

No friend, you're not tall. You're tiny. At least where it concerns social responsibilities and investigative qualities.
Could also be that Im gigantic. Or both.

Gosh this is all so depressing. The left.

Yeah, this is pretty depressing. I'm sorry I'm not allowed to disagree with you without offending you.

Unfortunately this'll probably just rile you up even more, but I guess this is what you get for trying to communicate over too long a distance.

You are allowed to not do research, but if you go down that lethargic, ethic-less road, you are not allowed my respect.

You are allowed to twist my words, but that does not win you my respect either.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Silhouette » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:19 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:You are allowed to not do research, but if you go down that lethargic, ethic-less road, you are not allowed my respect.

You are allowed to twist my words, but that does not win you my respect either.

Guy, I don't care about your respect :lol: Just tryin'a talk about a thing.

It was kind of you to let me checkmate you though, you're a good sport.
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4304
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:22 pm

No man, all you ever do is for the respect of others. "I am tall" - lol. And you said that several times in a few days.
You don't even seem to recognize the word "research". From that, it is quite clear you are beginning to crack.

Maybe in a year you will have forgotten that you ever proudly supported a child sex trafficking ring, thats what happens when leftists wake up.
Ive cracked many leftists before you. Its dirty but satisfying work.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:43 pm

Well Sil, not all you do is to win respect, but your content always is slanted heavily by vanity. Your content in mathematics is most substantial, though vain as hell, your content in politics is least substantial of all, pure vanity. And because politics is about extremely serious issues, such vanity is truly something I hope you will overcome.

And if you do I hope you wont quite be like Rose McGowan and do a 180 without even noticing it. I hope you will remember what you stand for now, and search your psyche for the causes. There will be tremendous growth for you in that.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Silhouette » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:05 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:Well Sil, not all you do is to win respect, but your content always is slanted heavily by vanity. Your content in mathematics is most substantial, though vain as hell, your content in politics is least substantial of all, pure vanity. And because politics is about extremely serious issues, such vanity is truly something I hope you will overcome.

And if you do I hope you wont quite be like Rose McGowan and do a 180 without even noticing it. I hope you will remember what you stand for now, and search your psyche for the causes. There will be tremendous growth for you in that.

I dunno, I'd quite like to try out a 180. It doesn't bother me if I notice it, it only bothers me if there's better reason to do it than to not do it.

For now I'm content with a curious squiggle though.
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4304
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:50 pm

Ha. Stay curious. Enhance curiosity.

Thats really all I hope for any mind.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Anomaleigh » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:40 am

Since fakebook, google and twitter have received billions in government subsidies, it'd hardly be a violation of free market principles to either break them up, take our money back or regulate them, decensor them, free market principles have already been violated, so fuck em.
Anomaleigh
 

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby promethean75 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:00 pm

^^^ to kick what is already falling.

In historical materialist terms this is an expression of the doubling down of systemic contradictions. Feeding back into the structure the contradictions it generates so as to force a synthesis of conflicting forces.

These recent battles over media rights and shit are the praxis of the unique conflicts 'at work' in the capitalistic process.
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3307
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Anomaleigh » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:18 pm

That's the real reason why fakebook etcetera are so PC in the first place, because government, and the financial elite have massively prop them up, government has had a cultural Marxist bias for some time while being economically corporatist.

Big tech knows what government giveth they can taketh, they're careful not to bite the hand that feeds, so they fall in line with the PC.

They fund burn loot murder and plantifa too, they use these faux revolutionaries to maintain and expand their power.

The financial elite has been using crony capitalism and Marxism to take over da earf since 1815 & 1917 respectively.
Anomaleigh
 

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:18 pm

Government needs to end its 'libel' protection through social-networking platforms.

Make the platform responsible for libel, defamation, harassment and see what happens. They'll be sued into the ground immediately.

At least threaten them, and allow them to backup. If they don't, bring down the hammer.


Trump already made one threat. Next he should go after yahoo and google domains.

Big tech, social-media, have a choice to make. Adhere to Free Speech, and 'balance' left and right, liberal and conservative perspectives, or, if they censor one side, then they cannot retain government protection.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:27 pm

My prediction is, there will within a few years be an actually centre-less internet, entirely out of control of anyone, with no need for specific websites to host videos;
Essentially, the principle of a decentralized internet as alluded to in comedy show "Silicon Valley" is inevitable, though it describes only the hardware model, not any interface, because this requires entirely redefining the concept of interfacing. I predict that this will be in place in 2024.

That said,
Urwrong wrote:Make the platform responsible for libel, defamation, harassment and see what happens. They'll be sued into the ground immediately.

Yeah that would instantly kill them. For that reason though I kind of expect it to not happen until there is a suitable replacement available.

Promethean wrote:In historical materialist terms

According to the Flying Spaghetti Monster however....
Last edited by Fixed Cross on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:07 am

Marxism is a result of devaluation, of loss of respect for the concepts such as liberty and value;
in a state of nihilism, the logic of Marxism can seem logical. Same as Hegel.
If one starts off with the premise that all is shit and there is literally no particular content to life at all, no such thing as nature nor such a thing as enjoyment, then Hegel can be read without noticing that anything is wrong.

Machinery without a purpose other than itself. Man becomes the fuel. And yet because the machinery has no purpose except to burn fuel, he is not burned efficiently at all; there is no quality in the machinery, because there is no criterion
- a cruel, blind thing that consistently, systematically, reliably destroys all that adheres to it and is conscious of itself in its terms; Parodites called Hegel a incinerator, and said he had thrown him in it. In himself, that is. He says, Kierkegaard did the same, more or less.
I simply dismiss him as an unhealthy stupidity.

Of course a world-view that consists of the premise of slavery is going to produce slavery. No matter what else it says, if the premise is slavery, which is the case in both Hegel and Marx, and if there is no positive content, no objects, no objectives other than to develop the self-understanding as a slave to it intimate consequence, as is the case as well, then slavery will be the result. QED.
Last edited by Fixed Cross on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:20 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Marxism is a result of devaluation, of loss of respect for the concepts such as liberty and value;
in a state of nihilism, the logic of Marxism can seem logical. Same as Hegel.
If one starts off with the premise that all is shit and there is literally no particular content to life at all, no such thing as nature nor such a thing as enjoyment, then Hegel can be read without noticing that anything is wrong.

Machinery without a purpose other than itself. Man becomes the fuel. And yet because the machinery has no purpose except to burn fuel, he is not burned efficiently at all; there is no quality in the machinery, because there is no criterion
- a cruel, blind thing that consistently, systematically, reliably destroys everyone who adheres to it and is conscious of himself in its terms.


Umm... you know... umm... Marxism has never been practiced on earth!

All Marxism is, is that the people own the means of production.

There! You got Marxism 101!!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10670
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:25 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Marxism is a result of devaluation, of loss of respect for the concepts such as liberty and value;
in a state of nihilism, the logic of Marxism can seem logical. Same as Hegel.
If one starts off with the premise that all is shit and there is literally no particular content to life at all, no such thing as nature nor such a thing as enjoyment, then Hegel can be read without noticing that anything is wrong.

Machinery without a purpose other than itself. Man becomes the fuel. And yet because the machinery has no purpose except to burn fuel, he is not burned efficiently at all; there is no quality in the machinery, because there is no criterion
- a cruel, blind thing that consistently, systematically, reliably destroys everyone who adheres to it and is conscious of himself in its terms.



K: and once again, please feel free to back up your words with..... facts....
Please quote Marx to prove your point.. and while you are at it, please
quote Hegel to prove your point.....

I have read both and in no way, shape or form are you correct....

Marx in fact, was all about basic worker rights...8 hour days, 5 days working,
unemployment benefits, not having children under the age of 8 working...
basic worker rights...if you read his stuff, you would know that...

even the communist manifesto, is addressed to... surprise... workers.....

that was his focus... workers and their rights....the only step he took that
would have been out of the mainstream, was his belief about private property...
and that belief was still engaging in what was best for the workers....

try reading Marx instead of making shit up.....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8322
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:28 am

Stefan Molyneux got banned from twitter last week.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 26064
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Previous

Return to Current Events



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users